Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker

 

It is the last week of the year and for the past one month each and everyone is busy preparing for this event. From group performance to combine stage to special stage and from dance to vocal practice and even audio recording for the event itself. Well, who wouldn't want to give their best for the event - the 3 Gayo that is always held at the end of the year.

"You're late...' A deep voice greets her as soon as she push the door open.

English.

That is what she notes first - the language. Well, she didn't purposely decides to come late for practice but she was hold back for her group practice. Bowing her head and muttering an apology, she puts her bag at a corner before walking towards the person.

"They send the audio a few minutes ago so we need to just have our final practice and getting use to our voices for this song."

She just nods her head at the guys' instruction as he hits the play button and she listens intently looking out for her parts. It wasn't always easy to get the beat right even though it is easy for them to recognise their voice. It is just the language and the words that they need to sing. Throughout the whole song, they will be singing it is English - yes, English which is not their number one language.

"Let's start the practice," She declares as soon as she finish listening to the whole song.

Time is clearly not on their side and seeing that the backup dancers had finally decide to show up looking as tired as they are, she decides that it would be great to get this practice over and done with. It might not seem to be hard but singing and dancing in another language and the need to muster everything without any flaw within a short period of time is a burden. Not to mention the other special stage dances and the remix group dance that she needs to squeeze  into her brain.

"Do you still remember the steps from yesterday? Because I know that I can't remember some steps though..." The guy said as they walk towards the centre giving a grin to the girl.

"Ermm, nope... I'm just worried that I might break into a different dance routine though..." The girl said as she begins doing some stretching.

The two of them aren't the best at dancing but they aren't the worst though - well, with practice they could eventually make it and not everyone is born perfect, each person have their own imperfection. His height at times make him look like a puppet dancing, stiff, while her short term memory at memorising some steps is her concern.

"Yah... Why are you guys still speaking English? Me no understand." One of the senior dancers who happens to be in charge in monitoring them said looking at the two of them a little confuse at what are they talking about.

Breaking into smiles, the two of them just chuckle at the broken english sentence as they stand in their individual position - he stands in the centre of the room while she stands a little distance away from him. They had seen the floorplan of the stage yesterday taking note of the places that they are suppose to stand at.

'5, 6... 5, 6, 7, 8'

Both of them mentally counts in their head as soon as the music is being played and the two of them begin executing the first dance step; he begins snapping his finger to the beat while she walks towards him.

"When I look into your eyes, I'm a Trouble Maker." He begins singing to the song his deep voice filling the room.

"When I stand next to you, I'm a Trouble Maker." She continues the line as she would constantly glance at the mirror trying to ensure that the steps are right.

Trouble Maker.

That is the song that the two of them will be performing as a special stage and the initial plan was to just dance to the song but somehow along the way, the higher ups thought that it would be better for them to sing and dance to the song instead. And to sing it in English. The both of them couldn't agree more with each other when they said that it is a tough stage because first, the need to sing it in another language is tough and secondly, the need to portray the correct emotions to bring out the chemistry to the song is hard - especially if the two of you are not even close to being a labelmate or the least they can call each other are friends.

Well, as difficult and crazy as it sounds like, the two of them manage to record Troublemaker in English after hours and hours of drilling the lyrics into their head. It was challenging for him though since his voice is deeper than hers but it wasn't easy for her either. She had to ensure that she was not off pitch and that short rap was actually decent. But all of their hard work paid off when they manage to complete recording the audio.

"Trouble Maker Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker Trouble Maker"

The two of them end the practice totally out of breathe. They knew that they had made minor mistakes here and there but the two of them are glad that they finally are able to complete the special stage.

"That was good you two but there are things that you need to work on more apart from polishing the steps. The chemistry. You need to show that you actually want her and that is why skinship is needed for this routine." The same senior dancer said pointing out the biggest flaw in the dance routine - the skinship.

The two of them look at each other as though talking through telepathy. It wasn't that they do not want to give the whole 100% into the dance but it just seems to be awkward for them to be having skinship on stage. They are not sure how are they suppose to even bring out the chemistry within themselves.

"Hmm, let's just rehearse again and this time I need to see a duplicate of Hyuna and Hyunseung in yourselves. Why don't you change into your heels instead and we will see how it will goes. Maybe you guys aren't doing the skinship right because of the height..." The senior said but mumbles through the last sentence with hopes that none of them would be offended.

Well, that was what happened during practice and now, the two of them are standing backstage feeling nervous about their special stage. Wearing a pink dress and black heels, she walks towards the extended stage fixing her in-ear while doing some vocal warm up. Dressed in a dark blue suit, he silently prays that there would not be any mistakes done and even if there is any mistakes, please not be an embarrassing one. The both of them were doing great during the rehearsal but that is because thousands of fans are not there.

As soon as the stage lights dim and the previous group make their way backstage, both of them hurriedly moves to their beginning position. The two of them can hear their own heart thumping as the whole place begins to become silence, curious at what is the next special stage. They were inform about a Trouble Maker special stage but they were not told who is going to do it. As the music begins to fill the whole stage, the two of them begins to get into their roles and as practice, she walks towards him from the extended stage giving him a smile.

The fans went wild as the two of them perform Trouble Maker and what shock them the most is the fact that they were chanting fanchants. Giving their all, they do not hesitate to show their chemistry between them because they do not want to be label as awkward when they are performing something that requires chemistry and skinship. Just like practice, the two of them nail it and even though if people were to comment negatively, they knew that they had given their best.

Yes, it is nerve-wrecking but they tried their best to hide it. But unfortunately for her, she missed her balance causing her to trip. She was expecting to kiss the floor and embarrass herself in front of thousands of people but she felt a strong arm around her waist and opening her eyes, she sees him holding onto her.

'As I go on, you’ll fall even deeper – I like you the more I get to know you baby I think I am drunk with thoughts of you Lady I never never never stop'

He was singing that line when he was holding onto her, slowly bringing his face closer to her and within seconds their face are inches apart. The crowd grew wild when they see what was happening and the cameraman isn't helping in controlling the crowd when they show a close-up of their faces on the big screen. It was impromptu but it was sure going to be a big issue.soon.

Recovering from the sudden impromptu choreography, the two of them continue with the actual dance steps as she feels a little flustered over the incident and him, all he could do was give her a little smirk.

Striking the last pose, both of them are panting heavily from the dancing, singing and the anxiety. Smiling from ear to ear, both of them gives a final wave and bow to the crowds before walking back to the backstage.

"We nail it! That was awesome!" She exclaims in excitement feeling as though a burden had been lifted from her. He was happy that they had at last complete this special stage.

"That was great guys! I totally love the skinship and chemistry that you guys show just now. It is better than the rehearsal and practice!" The senior dancer complimented them knowing very well that they really had done way beyond his own expectations.

"Kris!"

"Eunrae!"

Both of them turn at the directions when they heard someone calling them and bidding each other good luck, the two of them hurry of to get ready for their group stage.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Alright! 
I'm back but I am hesitating a little bit.

I have been thinking if I should continue my work here but I would have to be on my laptop most of the time 

OR

I should create an account under this username in Tumblr and have my post up there since I am able to access it via phone and that I could also do some requests on one shots, etc there. 

Also, I am thinking if I should Horizontal 8 & Back as 5 again as it had been left like that for ages already.

So leave your comments about this story as well as what are your opinion on it.

It is kindly accepted.

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!