Final

Missing You

“How much longer until you finish filming?” Dawon asked, she leaned her body against the headboard and covered the lower half of her body with the duvet, taking comfort in her bed. In the beginning she had been fine with the younger girl being in another country, ecstatic that she had been given the opportunity to act. Now all Dawon felt was longing, longing for the younger girl to be in her arms. “Three weeks maybe four, it depends on how the schedule goes,” she pouted softly at Mei Qi’s answer, deciding to stay silent, unsure of what to say.

The younger girl sighed softly before she spoke, her voice breaking the silence, “I miss you,” she said quietly, her eyes on the Polaroid in her hand; it was a picture of Dawon and her. Mei Qi’s lips formed into a smile as the memories from that day appeared in her head. “I miss you too,” she smiled in response at the older girl’s words, struggling slightly to place the picture back in her purse. “How is everyone?” Just at that moment Mei Qi could faintly hear the rest of their group in the background screaming, only causing her to giggle softly.

“Everyone misses you, especially Eunseo and Cheng Xiao. They’re not the same without you,” Dawon smiled softly as she listened to the younger girl laugh. “I miss your laugh,” she said quietly, it took her a moment to realise that she had spoken out loud, her cheeks turning to a soft shade of pink. She heard Mei Qi’s laughter through the phone once again, only causing the blush on her cheeks to darken. “Don’t laugh at me, I’m more embarrassed now,” Dawon whined, her words only caused the younger to laugh again. “Ok, ok. I won’t laugh anymore,” Mei Qi replied, her lips forming into a smile.

Talking with the older girl only made her miss her more, wishing that she could be in her girlfriend’s arms. “Unnie how are promotions going? Are you getting enough sleep?” she asked, the younger girl worried slightly that her girlfriend wasn’t getting enough rest, she knew how tiring it could be during promotions. “It’s going well, the fans are saying they like our album. And I’m fine, I’m getting enough rest” Dawon’s tone was reassuring; she didn’t want her girlfriend worrying.

A soft sigh escaped the younger girl’s lips, “Are you sure?” she asked for the last time, deciding not to press any further. “I’m sure, you w-” The older girl’s words were cut off when she heard a voice in the background; she waited for the younger girl to respond considering that it must have been important. “I have to go, they need me for filming,” Mei Qi spoke quietly causing Dawon to pout slightly at her words, sad that their conversation had been cut short. It was already difficult for the both of them to contact each other. “I’ll see you soon, the next few weeks will fly by and before you know it I’ll be back in Korea,” the older girl laughed softly at Mei Qi’s words.

“Have fun and work hard,” Dawon said with a small smile on her face. “ I will, I love you,” her smile grew wider after hearing those three words before she replied, “I love you too.” The older girl ended the call quickly before placing her phone besides her pillow. Dawon’s eyes wandered towards the pictures that were placed on the wall besides her bed, her smile growing each time her eyes landed on the a picture with her girlfriend in it. She continued to admire the picture for a few minutes before lying down and falling asleep with memories of Mei Qi.

-

“Dawon-ah, are you ready? We need to be there by 9:30,” the brunette grabbed her bag and quickly placed her phone inside before turning and rushing towards the entrance of their dorm. “I just need to put my shoes on and then I’ll be ready,” she watched their manager nod in response before speaking, “I’ll meet you in the car, be quick.” She nodded in response as she quickly looked for her shoes, sighing in relief when she found them in the large pile of shoes. The moment she put them, she exited their dorm and rushed towards the car.

During the ride towards the location, the manager informed Dawon that they were heading towards a nearby park, where she was told that she was participating in a new variety show. The moment they had arrived at the location, the both of them exited the car and Dawon immediately followed her manager. After walking for a few minutes, they had arrived in the centre and she immediately looked around and scanned the park, her brows furrowed in confusion since there weren’t any sightings of staff around.

“Where is all the staff?” Dawon turned to ask her manager, confusion laced in her words but the woman ignored her, quickly replying with, “I left my phone in the car, I’ll be very quick. Just stay here ok.” She became even more confused as she watched the woman walk away quickly before turning back around and scanning the park once again. “Where is everyone?” she muttered to herself, deciding to keep her gaze on the lake in front of her.

The girl had been left by herself for the past couple of minutes and worry was beginning to build up inside of her, unsure of where her manager had disappeared to considering that she should have returned by now. Dawon waited for another minute before deciding that she would return to the car, as soon as she was ready to leave a voice had broken the silence, causing her to jump in surprise. The older girl turned around and her eyes widened in surprise, her girlfriend was standing in front of her holding a smile on her face and bouquet of flowers in her hands.

“Surprise,” Mei Qi spoke softly as she made her way towards the older girl, the smile never leaving her face as she continued to gaze lovingly at her. Dawon immediately wrapped her arms around the younger girl’s neck, a smile appearing on her face and a sigh of content escaping her lips. “I missed you,” her voice was quiet, Mei Qi laughed softly as she responded by wrapping her arms around her girlfriend’s waist, “I missed you too,” she replied.

Mei Qi’s gaze landed on the figure of their manager in the background and she mouthed a thank you, her lips forming into a smile as the woman responded with a thumbs up before turning and heading towards the car. The both of them stayed in each other’s arms for the next few minutes, neither of them speaking, just feeling each other’s warmth.

Mei Qi was the first to pull away, resting her forehead against the older girls, the smile never leaving her face.” I thought you were still filming?” Dawon asked, her lips forming into a smile, she still couldn’t believe that her girlfriend was right in front of her. “I was but I asked if I could take a break from filming for a few days and then I took the earliest flight back to surprise you.” The older girl’s smile grew wider, “I love you,” she whispered softly before leaning in and capturing the younger girl’s lips with her own and kissing her softly.

Mei Qi responded to the kiss immediately, her hold tightening on the older girl’s waist. She smiled into the kiss as she felt Dawon’s fingers running through her hair gently before she bit the older girl’s lips softly, eliciting a gasp and allowing her to deepen the kiss. The both of them continued their kiss before Mei Qi had to pull away, her breathing heavy and her cheeks turning to a soft shade of red.

She took a few deep breaths before saying, “I love you too.” Dawon blushed softly in response; she looked away from the younger girl, distracting her self by looking around the park they were currently in. “Why the park?” she asked, now realising that a few people had entered the park. “It was the place I confessed, I thought it’d be the best place to surprise you.” Dawon whipped her head back to face the younger girl who was smiling at her widely; she returned the smile with one of her own.

Dawon placed a gentle kiss on Mei Qi’s cheek, lingering for a moment before moving to place her head on the younger girl’s shoulder and hugging her once again. The both of them stayed in the same position for a few moments before Mei Qi’s voice broke the silence, “We should get going, I have a lot planned for us today.” She unwrapped her arms from around Dawon’s waist and grabbed one of her hands, intertwining their fingers as she began to take her back towards the car that she had arrived in. “Where are we going?” Dawon asked as she looked at her girlfriend, “It’s a surprise,” Mei Qi spoke with a grin on her face as she turned to face the older girl.

“Why won’t you tell me?” Dawon spoke with a hint of aegyo in her voice before pouting slightly. Mei Qi laughed softly in response, “Just because you’re doing aegyo doesn’t mean I’ll give in easily.” She turned to face the front once again, the grin not leaving her face. The older girl continued to pout, deciding that it was better for her to give up knowing that the younger girl wouldn’t fall for her tricks. Mei Qi took the silence as defeat, applauding herself for giving into the older girl. “All I can tell you is that today is all about us,” she said as they entered the car before turning to face their manager and telling them where to go.