02

cohabitation

Jackson is sitting on the couch in their living room, the television is on, but long forgotten. Outside, cars pass each other in the street,
someone yells for a taxi, voice barely distinguishable amidst the steady noise of the city.

 

Kunpimook likes this, though, will always keep Jackson's full attention. Especially with the way his eyebrows furrowed together and his
tongue slightly poking out of his lips. He's trying to get his work finished in less than two days.
He loves his job, designing stuff had always been what he does really well in. But sometimes, it's hard to get the inspiration and it frustrates him.

 

It's getting too much, Jackson being so far away from Kunpimook. It's like he can't never get enough, will never get enough of Kunpimook. He still wants him, just as much as he did when he was seventeen, falling headfirst into love for the first (and the last) time.

 

"What?" he said without tearing his eyes off from the screen of his computer, making Jackson snap back into reality, trusting himself enough
faith to not being so obvious but failed miserably.

 

"Um, i-" 'like seeing you like this, so beautiful, yet so unaware of it.' "-see you struggling there. Anything i can do to help?"

 

He lets out a tired sigh, oh, how Jackson wants to storm across the room and hug him now.
"No, unless you have an idea on how i should
colour this christmas promo poster for a coffee shop."

 

"Well, maybe i can't," — it, he thinks. "but i can help you relax. Come here." he said, patting the empty space beside him, "Let's put on your favourite movies and have a movie night, you can work on it tomorrow and maybe movies can increase your creativity?"

 

He got up with a groan, and for a second there, Jackson was mesmerized, by the way the windows lets the light in, and made Kunpimook's skin illuminate, almost glowing.

 

"—you are the best, really, i love you." then he props himself down on the couch beside him, curling himself onto Jackson's side. He's startled, did he— was it meaningless? —he glanced at him, there's nothing in his eyes, clicking on the remote like nothing had just happened, or said. It's nothing, and he had heard Kunpimook say it a couple of times before, but he still gets startled when he made it sound so unintentional.

 

"Shall we have a disney movie marathon?" he says, glancing upwards to the elder, who was still shocked by
what Kunpimook just confessed. "Jackson, baby?" he tried, nudging at his sides a couple of times.

 

"—Um, ah, yeah. Sure.." he says, pulling Kunpimook closer to him.





The next day, Kunpimook did finish his poster. He's very proud of himself, 'cause it looks amazing, the purple that went along with the reds and greens, the glowing lamps that falls from up above, creating this orange, warm colour that blends in with the purple, and it looked like a sunset. He sends it to his client, before making his way to the kitchen.

 

He remembers Jackson has an earlier shift at work, even though he's the manager of the café, he works his off so that he
gets the holiday on the christmas week. So he just put his coffee on the paper hot cup and put on the lids, right when Kunpimook hears a shuffling from the bedroom—

 

"— i'm running late," then he grabs the cup, "Thank you." he mutters, taking Kunpimook's face with his right hand,
kissed his forehead, then rushing his way into the front door. He has already stepped out, but then he stopped and held the door open,

 

"Hey, I love you too."

 

Then with that, he closed the door, and left Kunpimook with all these questions, and butterflies on his stomach.









this was supposed to be posted around the christmas time... but, i sorta forgot about it and just didnt finish this. well, hehe.