1. Chapter

I think I love you

This will be short and only have a few chapters and I will reveal the results I got one after the other, not all of the members will appear frequently (or at all) mainly because I got only three members when playing. So, even if your bias doesn’t get much appearance time, I hope you’ll still enjoy this! 3>


Graduating from high school, I thought I knew how the world worked. I was sure that I was ready for all that was yet to come into my life. Two weeks into my time at college in Seoul I thought I had everything in my life under control. But in reality there is something I do not know nearly enough about. Something that is essential and as natural as nature itself: love. I do not know about love. I mean, of course I know it exists and of course I know that if two people fall in love with each other they start dating and might even end up getting married and starting a family and then they either divorce over time, just like my parents did, or they live happily ever after together. But that as well will soon turn out to be only partially true. After all…

 

“…I know nothing!” I grab my head with both hands as I sit there, resting my elbows on the white round cafeteria table.

“Don’t say that, Y/N-ah! I’m sure you don’t know any less than all the others here!” Himchan tries to comfort me. He is my sunbae by one year, but despite the age difference we somehow turned out as best friends. People frequently mistake us for a couple though…

“I’ve never even dated anyone!” I cry out in frustration, oblivious to the fact that I might have bothered anyone else in the room.

“A lot of other people here haven’t either!”

“Who?” I ask.

“Well, what about the people in your year? You should know them best!”

“What about the people in yours? I’m sure everyone has had a girl- or boyfriend already…” I keep on sulking.

“That… might be true for my year, but what about yours? You’re one year younger after all!” he suggests.

“What does it even matter? Even the nerds from the science classes all have dated someone at some point. Most of them even have a special someone right now, as we are speaking!”

“Now, now, let’s not generalize them too much… But I’m sure there’s at least one person!”

“Well…” I start seriously thinking and only one person pops into my head. “There’s one guy… he’s really annoying and goes really silent whenever a girl talks to him…”

“You mean when you talk to him?”

“No! That’s…”

“Come on!” Himchan gives me a knowing smirk. “We all know he has a crush on you! Oh, that’s it!” He places his fist into his other hand and his eyes widen. “Why don’t you have him teach you about love?”

“No, ew, we’ve known each other since childhood. That would be really awkward” I refuse on the spot, earning a sigh from my best friend.

“Okay… then we’ll just get you someone else to go on a date with!” Himchan continues his ridiculous daydreaming.

“That makes me seem kinda needy. Why can’t you just tell me about everything you know, oppa? You’ve dated girls already!”

“Well, that’s because you can’t just hear about it! It won’t be enough if you don’t experience it yourself!” he proudly explains as a smug grin appears on his lips. I sigh.

“I just don’t get this whole thing…”

“You know what? Give me a week and I’ll find the perfect guy for you to date!”

“I said I don’t want to do that!” I protest, but at this point, nothing will shake Himchan’s determination. Don’t get me wrong, I value him highly as a good friend, but sometimes… sometimes he’s just a little bit too much.

Come this evening, he’s already sending me the first few texts to help him with his ‘research’. I get questions about my ideal type, what should he look like, how tall should he be, what body type, what blood type, and if there are any other special things he needs to watch out for when searching for my dream guy.

“Ahhh, I don’t know!” I mumble into the pillow I’m embracing. I don’t really know my ideal type. Heck, I’ve never really been in love before! Obviously I’ve had that one high school crush that almost everyone has, but even that was more admiration than anything else. Plus, that guy was pretty delusional – he made everyone feel like his underdog, but I kind of liked that position, because at least that meant I wouldn’t have to get involved with him, except for the occasional staring. But thinking back on it, even that was awkward.

I text back that he should just pick someone he thinks is nice and looks fairly okay. Really, men with pretty faces like Himchan intimidate me, if anything, because if you’re dating one, you must constantly be asking yourself if he is more beautiful than you are. And as a girl, that is the last thing I want out of a relationship.

Waking up the next day, I already have some new messages from my best friend, most of them are just babbling about the guy he wants to set me up with, but the last one says that I should just go eat lunch without him because of the ‘research’.

“That jerk…” I whisper and get up to get ready for morning classes. I arrive at college just in time not to miss the first course, as always. And as always, there’s this noisy guy who turns really silent whenever girls talk to him and who I’ve known since kindergarten: Yoo Youngjae. As I pass by his seat in the second row, our eyes meet for just a moment and he immediately looks down at his notes. I sit down two rows behind him and soon, the bell rings and the teacher enters.

As expected, I do not see Himchan today and after the last morning class, I proceed to eat my lunch alone. My initial plan would’ve been to ask some girls from my year if I could sit with them, but as their table is full already and I don’t want to be all alone, I walk over to a small table on the side of the cafeteria. There sits a guy all by himself, neatly dressed, and frequently lifting his head to look out of the window in between taking bites of his meal.

“Uhm, I’m sorry, do you mind if I sit here?” I ask him, already walking around the table to the chair right in front of his.

“No, I… You can sit here…” he responds calmly despite his stuttering and with a silent voice. I nod, sit down and start eating, but put down my chopsticks after some seconds.

“How rude of me, I didn’t even ask for your name yet! I’m Y/N, and who are you?” I say and the brown haired guy points at his chest.

“Me?”