Eye of the Beholder

Eye of the Beholder
 
The bench shook abruptly dislodging Kopi from her sleep and almost tumbling her onto the ground below. The book covering her face slipped to her chest with the movement and she opened one eye lazily against the bright sun trying to find the source of her disturbance. She had to tilt her head back, back, way back right off the bench to look up, up, up. The glare of the sun dulled her own glare, when she recognized the silhouette which was all she could see. "Aish sheesh" she said angrily as she swatted at the thigh closest to her. "Yah pabo Myungsoo!!! You're disturbing my sleep" she muttered trying to go back to sleep.
 
"You're gonna get sunburnt" he said as he stood up again. "You can't get darker than dark chocolate" she quipped back, ignoring his frown before placing her open book back over her face. "And the final bell's about to ring" he drawled as he grabbed her bag and tossed it over his shoulder. "What!" Kopi yelled as she scrambled to get up, grab her book and chase after the retreating figure. "Yah Myungsoo! Yah!" She screamed stopping and stamping her feet. "Not all of us are giants with legs to our armpits" she yelled, frustration lining every word. He stopped at all the yelling and calmly turned to face her in a move worthy of a model "Well, stopping isn't gonna get you there any faster" he said, before turning around and continuing, albeit at a slower pace, even as the bell continued to toll.
 
Kopi ran after him, which was the only way to reach him and keep up with him. She grabbed her bag from his loose grasp, swatted him on the behind and raced to class, her tinkling laughter floating across the commons. Shaking his head, Myungsoo raced after her, catching up to her in no time. They reached the hall and were seated mere seconds before the lecturer walked in. While the lecturer droned on, Kopi had her face resting on one hand as she studied Myungsoo who was furiously taking down notes. She leaned in closer, staring and whispered " You know if I was only beautiful, I would have snatched you up so fast your head would be spinning" Myungsoo stopped writing, placed his pen carefully on his notebook before turning to face her with a frown on his face. He reached out and flicked her on the forehead before going back to his note taking, muttering "Pabo" and ignoring her pitiful . "Ouch ouchie ouch" Kopi moaned rubbing at her sore forehead. The rest of the lecture was spent with her head on her folded arms on her desk, pretending to sleep while watching him surreptitiously.
 
As soon as the bell rang for end of class, Kopi stood up, yawning and stretching the kinks out of her body. She was surprised, when one of her outstretched hands was grabbed and she was unceremoniously dragged out of the room. She just about managed to grab her bag.  Pulling back to no avail, she was literally running to keep up. Being half his height, she struggled to follow and not fall on her face. "Yah Myungsoo yah... Dammit... I'm too short to keep up to your pace. Where the heck is the fire that you are racing away from?" she screamed, knowing there was no other way to get his attention. He abruptly stopped, causing her to run right into him. First her forehead, now her nose, this boy was bruising her too much today. She was still trying to get her balance, when he knelt in front of her...
 
With his back facing her and her one hand still in his grasp he gestured and said "Get on. This will be faster" he said offering her a piggyback ride. Not stupid enough to turn this opportunity down, Kopi latched her arms over his shoulders and around his neck, shrieking when he suddenly stood up, leaving her legs still dangling off the floor. He released her arm as she positioned her legs around his waist. His arms came under her legs for extra support and then he was away again. Kopi gave up trying to figure out where they were going and just enjoyed the moment of being in his arms. She inhaled his distinct scent and sighed in contentment as she rested her head on his warm back, tightening her arms around his neck. Knowing he had her safe, she released one hand to play with his hair curling at his nape. She was content in her happy place and missed the soft groan.
 
Kopi was surprised when they arrived at the carpark, the piggyback ride seemed much longer than the distance here and she really hadn't wanted it to end. Myungsoo knelt down to let her off, but as soon as her feet touched the ground, he pivoted around until they were face to face. With her arms still around him, he was so close that she could feel his breath on her face. She was so flustered that she immediately moved her arms to her side, twisting her fingers nervously. He gave her a dimply smile before rising to his full height, taking her hand and seating her into the passenger seat. He closed the door and ran around to the driver's side. She watched as those long legs slid into the car. Closing his door, he immediately leant over her and buckled her in. Kopi took a deep breath and held it in throughout the process, still silent. Myungsoo chuckled "This is the quietest you have ever been except for the time you lost your voice" Kopi gave him a mock glare as he chuckled and started the car. 
 
Within seconds of him taking off, she was out again. Sleeping was one of her greatest pleasures and everyone knew it. Kopika can be the centre of attention and usually is. She considers herself ugly because she is dark and short and is always hiding her insecurities behind her humour and self-degradation. But she has a classic beauty with large doe eyes and high cheekbones. Her features and slim petite figure make her a beauty on the outside, but the inside is where her true beauty lies. She is kind, considerate and always looking out for those less fortunate than herself. Even though sleep is her favourite pastime, she is a diligent and hard worker, who doesn't think twice about jumping in and helping out. Her smile is wider than wide and literally lights up her face and is so very contagious. When they say "If you meet someone who doesn't have a smile, give him one of yours" that's what she is doing every time she smiles.
 
Myungsoo smiled to himself, fully expecting her to fall off to sleep the minute he started the car. As he was prone to do more often than not, he kept taking the opportunity to study his sleeping Angel. In repose was the only time he saw her stay still for longer than a minute. He smiled indulgently as she murmured his name in her sleep. This surely had to be a good sign. It definitely gave him a boost of confidence. A man of few words, Kopika easily complimented him with her boisterous personality. Where he couldn't be bothered to associate with people, she was like a magnet that everyone was drawn to. When he had been a loner, she had carefully drawn him into her world, knowing when to leave him to his thoughts and when to drag him kicking and screaming into the world. There's was a relationship that no one could understand, but it worked for them. "Opposites attract, Yin and Yang, Two sides of the same coin" All of those described these two. One who was easy to rise to anger, there was something he always hated ... what brought everyone else to laughter from herself degradation to her snarky comments, instead made him fume and want to show her the truth. The truth of how he saw her. Where she thought she was not good enough for him, he believed the opposite and that he was the one not good enough for her. She brought happiness and joy to all those around her. He has tried so hard to keep her in the light where she thrives, by denying his wants and needs. The What Ifs have been driving him crazy. "What if she gets into his darkness, what if she finally realises he is not worth it, What if it doesn't work and he loses his best friend?" Taking a deep breath and shaking off the despair that was dragging him down, he roughly ran a hand through his hair in nervousness.
 
As he brought the car gently to a halt, he was pleased that she slept on. He reached over and tucked some loose curls behind her ears, smiling as a lock curled around his finger... as if clinging to him. For someone who hated his own curly hair, it was a wonder how he absolutely loved her long wavy curls, usually playing with it any chance he could. He released her seatbelt and leaned over to let it quietly pull back into its slot. Myungsoo breathed in deeply as he hovered over her. He was mesmerized and couldn't help steal a kiss from those pink bitten lips. Barely able to hold in his excitement, he was trembling from his lips to the tip of his toes, as he pressed their lips together.  He smiled at her moan and pulled back into his seat as she started to stir. Opening his door he slowly made his way around the car, hoping the cold air would help drop the heat in his flushed cheeks. He covered his mouth as a giggle tried to escape. Taking a deep breath he opened her door, only to find her still asleep. Grinning he gently tapped her on her cheeks to awaken her. He stayed close, watching as her eyelashes fluttered, before she stretched accidently  hitting him against the forehead. "Yah Myungsoo yah!" She yelled startled... He is instinctively jerked back in reaction hitting the back of his head against the car roof. Trying to rub his forehead with one hand and the back of his head with other, Myungsoo lost his balance and fell out of the car onto his behind, mumbling " I should just change my name to "Yah Myungsoo yah!"
 
Heat and excitement flooded Kopika as she felt warm, soft... yet firm lips pressed onto hers. She instinctively opened to deepen the kiss, as she mumbled his name. Her heart was racing as she opened her eyes to find herself staring up close and personal with Myungsoo. She placed her hands against his flushed face. With no hint of him deepening the kiss, she pecked little kisses all over his face before going back to those naturally swollen lips. Gently using her teeth she pulled at those lips with little nibbles. Throughout this process, he stayed still with his hands resting slightly on her hips. Wanting more, she against his closed lips. At his gasp she took the initiative to enter and taste that sweet cavern. She roamed the inside of his mouth with a tongue that left no space untouched nor untasted.  Clasping her hands in his thick hair, she angled his head to deepen the kiss further. Pushing against him, she moved with him as he moved backwards. The small confines of the car did not hinder her tiny figure from crossing the console and clambering onto his lap. She was a little surprised at how nimble she was, as she did not hurt or injure herself in her adventure. Straddling his hips, she lowered herself onto his thick bulge, his name in the process. "Myungsoo" she murmured as she ground against him, while continuing to deepen the kiss. She couldn't get enough of him and kept eating him up. She was getting a little peeved though as he was still being a passive recipient. She needed more from him and this one sided kissing was getting her nowhere and leaving her more frustrated than usual. Resting herself completely against him, her s hardened as her s came into contact with his tightly muscled chest. Nibbling against his lips, Kopika was getting irritated at this boy. "Aish!!" she thought "Finally when I get a chance he is playing hard to get?" Pulling back to take a breath, before giving him a tongue lashing of a different kind, Kopika felt a tapping against her cheek. She shrugged and continued to move into Myungsoo's personal space. Again the tapping against her cheek happened, this time with Myungsoo calling her name from a different direction. She looked at the Myungsoo in front of her and frowned at his smirk and raised eyebrow. Annoyed at the distraction, she swiped a hand in the direction of the disturbance, wincing as she connected with something hard.
 
Kopika had been having the best Myungsoo dream yet, when she felt the constant tapping on her cheek and the warm breath on her cheek. Opening her eyes and stretching to get rid of the annoyance at the same time, she was startled when she connected with a hard cheek bone. Yelling at him was her immediate defence mechanism to prevent her from firstly worrying that she had hurt him and most importantly from jumping him. Her dream had seemed so real, that she was flustered and lost for a moment. She still felt butterflies in her tummy and was so wet from the dream. The unusual sight of a clumsy Myungsoo drew an involuntary belly laugh from her and dispelled her internal nervousness. Her shot had hit him on the forehead, which caused him to bump his head then to fall on his fine tush. "Sorry, sorry" she said still giggling, as she climbed out the car and over his long legs. She offered him a hand up as she finally took in her surroundings, laughter forgotten. Except for the path made by the car tyres, they were completely surrounded by trees and plants. She realized that they were in a forest as she twirled around slowly, reluctant to admire the view. Facing him once again, with hands on her hips she snarked "If you were hoping to finally murder me and bury me in the middle of nowhere, please remember that you would be suspect Numero Uno" She grinned at his raised eyebrows "Also if this is a re-enactment of Twilight, hmmm... you are no Edward Cullen or Vampire" she smirked as she waited for his next move, not at all surprised when he grabbed onto her hand and lead her to a path she had obviously missed. Shrugging she decided to go with the flow, finally enjoying the view of the body in front of her as well as the beautiful flora. Her lips were tingling and she just hoped she hadn't chewed on it too much. Funny thing though, this tingle was different to the slight pain caused by her usual nervous habit. It reminded her of the dream she had just woken up from and if she was any fairer you would notice the deep blush covering her cheeks. She touched those sensitive lips for second wondering, before she shook her head in denial and used the same hand to fan her heated cheeks, as she trudged behind Myungsoo. She couldn't help the fluttering in her chest as he continued to hold onto her hand as he guided her through this beautiful foliage. The tingles from where their hands met were no joke....like mini electric shocks. Still engrossed in her ogling, Kopi was barely aware of the path they took. When Myungsoo stopped and pulled her to his side, she realized they were at the top of a mini mountain. Freaking out she gave a girly screech before closing her eyes and dropping to a squat. Her hands wrapped tightly around Myungsoo's legs, as she tried to bury her face into his knees. Her unnatural fear of heights had her shivering in response to their surroundings.
 
As they reached the edge of the cliff Myungsoo used their still clasped hands to swing Kopika to his side, wrapping his long arms around her shoulder anticipating that she would require his support. Instead of enjoying the spectacular view in front of them, she gave a very UnKopikalike scream, before turning around and dropping down, latching onto his legs like a koala bear. With her eyes tightly closed, she was holding onto him for dear life and he could feel the shivers of fear shake her body. He wasn't trying to be cruel, but this was something that she had to see at least once in her life. Myungsoo was of the belief that with him by her side, she could overcome her fear just long enough to enjoy this spectacular view. Lowering himself to her level, he tried his best not to dislodge her or frighten her further. Placing his arms comfortingly around her shoulders he tilted her face up. Eyes still shut tight and face scrunched up, she looked adorable to him. Running his fingers gently through her hair he tried to soothe her by humming to her. He pulled her into a weird squat hug and her from head to waist. Whispering directly into her ear, his warm breathe fanned over her face and hair. "Kopika, do you trust me?" he quietly queried. At her nod of affirmation, he smiled happily. "Then will you trust that I would always keep you safe?" at another nod, his smile widened into a grin. Pulling away slightly, he a finger down her soft cheek. "Open your eyes for me, baby girl. I am right here with you. You have nothing to fear." He whispered softly. As her eyes fluttered opened, he felt a little bit of remorse at the glassy eyes, full of unshed tears. He carefully swiped a thumb under each eye, catching the tears before they fell. He leaned forward and placed a comforting kiss on her forehead, causing her eyes to close and for her to sigh in pleasure. Standing up, he lifted Kopika to her feet with him. "Let's try this again shall we?" he asked as he slowly turned her around. This time he bent slightly and wrapped both arms around her in a tight back hug, with his head tucked into her shoulders. "Open your eyes baby and look straight ahead. Don't think about the height & don't look down...Just enjoy this view with me" Myungsoo kept his voice low and tried not to startle her in any way, hoping that he could soothe her. After what was only a few minutes but felt like a lifetime, he felt her take a deep breath and brace herself.  She lifted her arms and wrapped them in a deathly hold around his clasped arms. He loosened his grip and gently interlinked their fingers, before lowering their arms into a back hug with their joint hands around her waist.  Tucking her right up against him, they were now flush from head to waist with her back against his front. They stood like this in the peaceful silence as Kopika took in the stunning vista in front of her. They were at such an angle, that the clouds were hanging inline with them, masking the valley below in a translucent veil. The mountain side overlooked a glimmering lake that was surrounded by towering Evergreens. The sunrays that were trickling through the clouds, bathe everything in magnificent shades of red, pink and orange. The emersion of the sunlight seemed to be kissing the treetops as a soothing breeze tickled the bright green leaves. Both of them sighed simultaneously, at peace with their world.
 
Kopika was in her happy place clinging to the large warm hand that was intimately wrapped around her tiny ones, fingers interlocked. She felt as if her face would split in two from smiling so widely. She didn't mind that she had to basically sprint to keep up with his long strides, as he kept turning around to check on her, making her heart rate speed up as she tried to keep a straight face. She was startled when Myungsoo came to a stop and swung her into a back hug. Before she could think of taking in the sensations evoked, she was shocked into a screech as she looked forward and realised that they were at the edge of a cliff. At the edge of a very high ledge! Closing her eyes as fast as possible, Kopi felt her legs give way as she dropped to the floor in fear.  Her arms just about reached around the closest object which was Myungsoo's legs. She squished her eyes shut so tightly, she could feel them burn. Not one to normally show her fear, her body was now wracked with shivers as she tightened her hold around Myungsoo's legs. She whimpered slightly when she felt him loosen her grip, but sighed in relief, when she felt his arms around her, as he gently tilted her head up. Eyes still closed, his whispered words barely filtered into her consciousness, as she felt her eyes well up with tears. When he started humming, he caught her attention and her focus on fear started to waiver, as he ran long fingers through her hair. It was oddly comforting. When his hands moved from her down her back, the shiver that wracked her back had nothing to do with her fear anymore. The warmth of his breath gave her added tingles. When she focussed enough to hear his question, she immediately shook her head "Yes". She trusted him with her life. There was no thought of anything but the affirmative as she nodded again at his whispered question "Then will you trust that I would always keep you safe?" She moved with him as she felt him pull away, only to stop in wonder as she barely felt his calloused finger run softly over her face. She opened her eyes at his command, fluttering them to clear her visions, as she had kept them closed so tightly. He was so gentle when he reached over and wiped away her pending tears. She lowered her gaze as her breath hitched when he came into her personal space, only for her to sigh in contentment when he placed the gentlest of kisses on her forehead. It was so slight that she almost would have thought she imagined it, were it not for the lingering feeling of warmth. She felt his hands grip her arms as he assisted her to her feet. Eyes once again closed, she stiffened when she felt him turn her around. She made to move backwards, when she felt his arms envelope her shoulders in a back hug. "Open your eyes baby and look straight ahead. Don't think about the height & don't look down...Just enjoy this view with me" he instructed. Kopika paused in consternation, as she had to mentally work herself up to what he was expecting from her. Taking a steadying breath she straightened her shoulders and reached up to wrap her hands around his arms, completing the back hug. She tightened her hands, gaining a little bit of courage from him which was short lived as he started to disengage her hands. She sighed again in relief as he instead intertwined their fingers and moved their arms around her waist. Her sense of relief caused her bones to turn to jelly as she let him take her weight, as he pulled her back against him. He stayed completely still as she worked up the courage to open her eyes. Taking a deep breath to centre herself Kopika stared in awe at the breathtakingly beautiful view in front of her. Taking his advice, she made sure to look straight ahead. This time the tightening of her grip on his hands was not from fear but from reverence. The spectrum of colours was enough to almost have her jaws drop in wonderment.
 
"Did you know that I didn't like you, when we met?" he asked her laughter lining his question.
Kopika who had forgotten her fear, in her amazement, laughed out loud at his question. "Yeah I knew. The look on your face said it all" she said, grinning.
"Well I really wasn't expecting anyone to disturb me, let alone a pint sized pocket fairy. Everyone knew better than to invade my space. I wanted to be alone" he said pouting.
Kopika tilted her head to look at him, squinting in the sunlight. "No one truly wants to be alone Myungsoo" she said quietly.
"Well I did..at least I thought I did. It was all I had ever known. No one wants to be with the quiet, socially inept, moody kid" he said sincerely believing every word he said. "I brought you to this place as it clearly reflects you in my life. Like the sunlight forcing its way through the clouds to light up the valley, you have shone your pure light into my life, making me smile, making me laugh and making me live. "
Kopika's heart beat increased with every word he said and she tried to turn around to confront him, but he hugged her tighter still and dug his head deeper into her shoulder.
Taking a ragged breath he continued "Kopika you even me out. Your bubbly beautiful personality matches my lack of personality. The only thing is I don't think you see yourself clearly. I love everything about you. From your smooth soft skin, which reminds me of the finest Belgium chocolate... to your big bright shiny eyes... to your succulent lips which are forever in a contagious smile... everything about you draws me in. But the "you" that is on the inside is the one that makes my heart beat even faster. You never think twice about helping anyone, even if you can ill afford it. You bring happiness wherever you go" He said not giving her any opportunity to respond.
"Yah!" Kopika started only for him to shush her. "Hmpf" she sniffed, not quiet in disgust, just a little miffed.
"I'm not finished and if you don't let me finish, I don't know if I can do this all over again." He said sulu ghost panicked. 
Kopika knew when to shush and stopped trying to fight to turn around, which is what she had been unconsciously trying to do.
"In my mind, I've always put you on a pedestal. You've always been out of reach...too good for me. I used to never think I could have you as mine, but recently I've been wanting your staring and flirting to be true, to be all for me and the hoping became wanting... The wanting became needing" 
She inhaled sharply at what was sounding more and more like a confession. 
"There is one thing that I don't like about you though, Something that I want to...no something that I need to change." He said forcefully as he lifted his head from his hiding spot on her neckline. 
Kopika stiffened expecting the worst.
"Every time you put yourself down even in a backhanded manner, it hurts me. I feel like I should put you in front of a mirror, open your eyes and make you take a good look at yourself."
"Yah!! Myungsoo!!" Kopika started trying to turn aroud, a little surprised when he let her.
 
Myungsoo assisted her in her attempt in turning around, releasing her from the back hug. As soon as she was facing him, he leaned in and stopped her in the only way he could. He kissed that mouth that was opened in mid sentence. With no warning he slipped his tongue into that warm cavern tasting the rich flavor that was pure Kopika. Keeping his arms behind his back in order to control himself, he angled his head to deepen the kiss. He smiled on the inside at her soft sigh as she leaned into him, her small hands in his shirt as she tongue dueled with him for control. He and on her sweet tongue losing himself in the pleasure of their first official kiss. The desire to finish his confession and the need for a little something called oxygen, had him slowing the kiss down with soft nibbling kisses, before pulling back. Reluctant for it to completely end, he went in for one more peck to her now swollen pink lips, before he rested their foreheads together. 
 
"Yah Myung!" She started, before weakly hitting him across the chest, when he kissed her hard in a closed mouth kiss. Kopika felt him smile against her lips and her "anger?" or whatever it was, just drained right out off her. "I" she tried again, smiling as he kissed her. Her lips curving upwards against his lips this time, as she gave up and his closed plump lips. When he opened his mouth, she wrapped her arms around his neck as she dove into the kiss. Taking control and using the arms clasped around his neck, she pulled herself into his embrace as she softly bit his tongue, before it into . She couldn't get enough of him, as she and and nibbled. He straightened up, causing her petite figure to lift of the ground, hoisting her into his arms. Wrapping her legs around his waist, Kopika moaned her appreciation into his mouth. 
 
Myungsoo loved the idea that stopping Kopika's self degradation was via his kisses. He was going to surely use this advantage. A definite win win situation. When Kopika surrendered and took control of the kissing, he lost his mind a little. He hoisted her light weight into his arms, loving the tight grip around his neck and especially loving the way she easily wrapped her legs around his waist.  He liked letting Kopika have her way with him. Barely able to breathe at the overwhelming sensations running though him, he had never thought he would ever be this happy, that he would ever have his very own person. Hugging her tightly to him, he broke of the kiss and tried to catch his breath, as she continued to place kisses all over his face. "I never got to finish my confession Kopika" Myungsoo said smiling happily. "Even though I don't deserve you, will you Be Mine?" He asked suddenly more nervous than ever before, as he awaited her answer. At her "Hell Yeah" Myungsoo swung her around, absolutely ecstatic. He was crying and laughing as he hugged her to him, burying his face in her neck as his tears wet her neck overwhelmed with emotion.
 
When Myungsoo finally completed his confession, Kopika didn't hesitate to accept with a "Hell Yeah" as she shrieked in joy laughing happily as he swung her around before hugging her tight. She hugged him tighter as he laughed out loud, before he finally let go of his emotions and broke down in happiness. The warmth of his tears against her neck, had her loving him even more. She rubbed his back soothingly as she hugged him back. "I love you too Myungsoo. I have for a very long time now. I just never thought someone as gorgeous.." She placed a hand across his mouth when he pulled back to protest. "You can't argue with the fact that you are simply drop dead gorgeous. Just go with it." She moved his head in agreement "I just never thought someone as gorgeous as you could or would love someone like me. Yah don't interrupt... I know I'm beautiful to you. I love you so damn much. You better not break my heart" Kopika ordered, smiling at his nod as her heart melted "I never said it, but I do Love you so very much, my chocolate bunny. Never will I break your heart... I might accidentally dent it, but I'm sure you will set me straight and I will always and forever be true to you." Myungsoo promised, sealing it with a kiss.
 
The End