Special

Special

The members of Bangtan all loved each other. They had a special bond that fans noticed. Sometimes when they would talk amongst each other, they would mention that maybe this was one of the reasons they were so popular. Because it took more than talent and hard work to succeed in the Kpop world these days. Fans seemed to be craving authenticity. Bangtan had that. They were making it big and everything seemed to be right in their world lately. They had each other to thank for that.

This was what was floating through Jungkook’s mind as he was sitting on the couch of their living room, looking at his hyungs spread across the dorm. Jin was in the kitchen with Hoseok. They were preparing supper together after a long day of practice. Yoongi was laying on the other couch with a book on his face. He had drifted off to sleep, exhausted. Namjoon was sprawled on the floor of the living room, looking at his phone with his earphones in. And then there was Taehyung and Jimin at the dining room table, chatting excitingly about something. Jungkook’s gaze lingered a little bit on Jimin. Jimin. If everyone in Bangtan loved each other, well Jimin must have been the one that everyone loved the most. He was every member’s favourite. They all had a special connection with him.

Jin seemed to always make Jimin’s favourite food every time he had the chance. He would also make sure to always give him some bites of whatever he was making while everyone else had to wait. The oldest member would never say it out loud but Jimin was his favourite dongsaeng for sure. It was obvious to anyone who had eyes. The younger boy was also the only one to laugh at Jin’s old man jokes anymore. He never seemed to get tired of them.

Namjoon always seemed to be protective of Jimin. He always tried to make sure that the boy was well-rested and fed. He was often the one that would carry the younger boy out of the dance studio late at night after he considered he had been practicing enough. Of course, the leader cared about all of s, but he seemed to have a sweet spot for the boy with soft baby cheeks.

Then there was Hoseok who was Jimin’s dancing buddy. They would often be found in the dance studio way before everyone else, talking about the choreography and trying to refine it. And if they were together, then it was guaranteed that they would both have the biggest smiles on their faces. It was like they were two blinding sunshines combining their forces to make the world brighter.

Yoongi also had a special relationship with Jimin. Actually, the younger of the two seemed to be Yoongi’s muse. The rapper would always call Jimin to the studio when he was stuck and could not continue whatever he was working on. The boy would show up all eye smiles and giggles and for some reason, Yoongi’s heart would find inspiration again.

Taehyung most certainly also had a soft spot for Jimin. The two were often inseparable. They had been friends since forever and it showed in their relationship. They were quite literally like brothers. But for some reason, every time Jungkook looked at them- like right now- he felt a pang in his chest and a voice in his mind would tell him how maybe they were more than just brothers… Jungkook shook the thought away, like he always did, because no, it was impossible and also because who was Jungkook to be jealous of Tae? Or of any other member for that matter? Jimin was an adult who had the right to do whatever he wanted and Jungkook was only his friend. He had no right to stop Jimin from being close to anyone. The maknae knew that, but it still hurt to see Jimin be so close to the others.

It is not that Jungkook and Jimin were not close though. They were. And like the others, the youngest had a thing for Jimin as well. If Hoseok and he were always found together in the studio before practice, well Jungkook and the blond were the ones that stayed together and practiced more after everyone was gone. They would joke around and learn silly dances together once they could not find it in themselves to practice the choreography they were supposed to anymore. It was nice. Jungkook had always found Jimin’s presence to be soothing. And this should have been enough for him. Getting his share of alone time with Jimin pretty much every night. Dancing, hanging out, talking together until the sun went up in the sky. But the maknae wanted more. He needed more. He wanted Jimin’s beautiful eyes to only look at him and his soft, plump lips to only smile at him… Maybe kiss him too. Not that that would ever happen. Jungkook knew that Jimin liked girls. Hell, Jungkook thought he liked girls too. He knew he was supposed to anyway, but he could not bring himself to notice the soft curves of the women around him. He could only see him.

Maybe that is why Jungkook had gotten a little possessive in his actions towards the shorter man. Jungkook just could not keep his hands to himself. He would always need to have a hand on Jimin. On his back during a broadcast, on his knee during an interview, around his waist during fan meetings. He could not stop. Jimin had probably noticed at this point too, since the youngest had not always been this way. At first, he had been scared of his feelings, so he had kept away from Jimin and had even gone as far as teasing him to show the world that they were just friends and that Jungkook did not care about Jimin like that. But that front had fallen at some point when the two men had gotten closer in the dance studio and now he simply could not stop himself from touching the boy, even in front of cameras.

Jungkook knew that Jimin would never feel the same about him. It hurt to think about it, but he had been trying to accept it. He also had been trying to stop himself from reaching out to the shorter boy, but it had proven to be extremely difficult so far. He was trying though. But right at this moment, looking at Taehyung and Jimin in their own little world. It hurt too much, even if it was completely irrational. So Jungkook suddenly got up, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill and announced he was going back to the studio to practice. Everyone looked at him a little weird since they had just got back from there, but they let it go. It was not abnormal for Jungkook to stay late at the dance studio, practicing until he could not move a limb anymore. And that is exactly what the maknae was planning on doing that night to try and get his thoughts straight.

When he got to the studio, he immediately turned the music on and started dancing angrily to the track that started playing. He was now crying freely, letting his body move however it wanted to, trying to get rid of the emotions that were inside of him. He was so focused on looking at himself in the mirror that he did not notice that someone else had walked in until they turned the music off. Startled, Jungkook, looked up and noticed Jimin standing by the stereo looking worried.

“Are you okay?” the older boy said, his voice barely audible.

Of course Jimin would show up. Jimin always cared. Jimin always wanted to help. Jimin always knew when one of the members was not feeling well.

“Honestly? Not really…B-but I feel better now that you’re here.” Jungkook did not know what pushed him to utter those words but he guessed it was not all that bad when he saw Jimin become red to the face.

“Really? Why is that?” Jimin had responded, suddenly looking determined, like he was hoping for something. This took the maknae aback. He looked down and bit his lip. He had decided long ago that telling Jimin was not an option. It would ruin their friendship and then the group would not be the same and… But what if? What if Jimin felt the same?.. Jungkook was still debating with himself when Jimin spoke again, a scared look on his face.

“Is it maybe because… Because hum… Well I don’t want to assume but- Do you like me maybe? C-cause I like you, Jungkook.” Jungkook’s already big doe eyes grew even bigger at this.

“You do?” he said, so shocked to hear this from Jimin, from a literal angel.

“Y-yes, I do. But it’s okay if you don’t. I’m sorry. I just thought-“ Jimin started saying, looking defeated, but Jungkook caught him off with a sweet kiss on his lips. It started off with both boys afraid to move, their lips smooched against each other, but slowly Jungkook moved his mouth against Jimin’s and they started moving in unison. It was short-lived though, since Jungkook suddenly pulled away smiling.

“I like you too, hyung” he said, his bunny teeth showing as he smiled shyly at Jimin. Jungkook then reached out and placed his hands on the shorter boy’s waist, bringing him closer again.

This time, their lips did not break apart until a few minutes later with Jimin pinned against the mirrored wall and the taller boy pressed up against him, when Jungkook’s phone started ringing. Jin wanted to know if they were okay. Both boys broke apart, giggling and blushing as they told their hyung that they would be home soon. As they were getting up, Jungkook suddenly thought back to what had made him come to the studio in the first place.

“Jimin… Hy-hyung…You-you don’t hum… You’ve never done this with the other members…Right?” The shorter boy looked shocked at this, but smiled seconds later.

“No Jungkookie, of course not” he said, giggling softly. “I can’t believe you never noticed that I’ve only had eyes for you since- well since I met you.” This made the younger boy look surprised. He smiled at Jimin sweetly and kissed him on the cheek.

“Me too” he said to the blond before turning towards the door. “The others are waiting for us I think. We should head back, hyung.”

Jungkook held out his hand and Jimin gladly took it, smiling his signature eye smile. They left the studio together, heading towards the dorm. As they were walking, Jungkook’s smile could not have been bigger as now he knew for sure that what he had with Jimin, it was special.