Our Last Kiss

Our Last Kiss

"YAH MIN SUGA!"

I screamed his name as loud as I could, it hurts my throat. And heart. But at least he stopped walking. I panted. From the spot I was standing at, I could only see his back, in my favourite red sweater of his. There was less than a hundred metres separating us but it felt like he was at the other side of the world. I inhaled deeply, trying hard to stop the tears from falling down. My heart thumped loudly, as if knowing that whatever I did, it would never change his mind. Never.

"Please. Don't go. There must be another way."

Beat.

"Suga..."

Beat.

I took one step forward and when he flinched, I stopped moving altogether. I could feel thick blood flowing out of my heart, trying to escape, bringing my life along. I could not care less. The wound was too deep, even stitches were not enough to put it back together. I let my tears roll down finally.

"I love you,"

He turned around. The pain he was carrying in his eyes deepened the wound on my heart even more. For a moment, I could see the stars up there reflecting light through his tears at the edge of his eyes. As quick as it appeared, the light vanished and all that was left was just Suga looking at me with empty black holes. 

"I need to do this." His voice came out no less than a whisper.

I moved closer to him, cutting the distance between us down to nothing but our clothes. 

"But it was so hard for us to meet each other again. It took centuries for me to find you and you to find me. I can't live that long without you once again."

Suga leaned down and we shared a long, sorrowful kiss. He then rested his forehead against mine and we both just stood there with eyes closed, holding each other tightly. "Me too." He said at last. "But if I don't go now, you, me and everyone else will be dead by tomorrow."

Beat.

"I'll look for you once it's over. I swear."

"Why is it always us? Why is it always you?"

Suga held my face gently and looked straight into my eyes. His lips curved up to form a sad smile. 

"Because you fell in love with the wrong person. You know of the burden I need to carry as the son of the leader of the clan. Especially now, when my father is sick."

"Well who could have resisted your charms. I couldn't look anywhere else after I look into your eyes. They're the most beautiful pair of eyes I have ever seen."

I smiled bitterly at him. All my life I have only learned how to love him but it seemed like challenging that was life's sick joke. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to make you forget all this? It may lessen the pain."

I furrowed my brows.

"It's absurd how you could even think of hypnotising me to forget you. We're in this together. I'll be around here, waiting, till you come back."

"What if I don't?"

"You will. I know you will."

"You know, somehow, it feels like, I...."

Beat.

We stared into each other's eyes, both not caring to stop our tears from falling anymore. And without words, we kissed goodbye. For the last time.