Chapter VI

Take A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It's already Monday and Yumi's first class had just ended. Tzuyu came back this morning but they haven't had the time to talk.

"Lunch time, I promise." Tzuyu said before running to her first class when she met her this morning.

She's back in their room, reading her notes for her next class, which will be later after lunch. She was busy flipping through the pages that she didn't notice the thing that Tzuyu left under her study table.

After talking to her that night and finding out that Mark is gay, she can't stop thinking about him, and the pictures that her roommate had sent her just made the heavy and empty feeling inside her worsen. No, she's not attracted to him (though she must admit that Mark totally has the looks), or she has anything against gay people, it may be because she can't believe that he's also into one of his own.

Tzuyu explained that Mark is keeping his identity a secret that's why he act all manly and dress manly. The first thought that came to her mind was, "It may be hard to hide his true self. It's sad that he has to keep it from people."

She doesn't know why but her fear lessened after she knew that 'fact' (at least, she thought it's true). She understands the feeling of hiding, she's been there. But despite feeling bad for him, she's still not sure if she can be in the same space with him. After all, he's still a guy, and gay or not, he can still hurt her.

She shook her head to rid her of her thoughts. 'Why am I thinking of it again?' Sighing, she closed her notebook and decided to rest for a while. If she wants to study then she has to focus, and she's too distracted right now. Placing her stuff inside her bag, an object caught her eye and she tilted her head in confusion as to why it was under her table. Reluctantly, she reached for the box and inspected it.

'For Yumi' was written on a piece of sticky note on top of the pink box. Now, she's curious of what's inside. Slowly, she lifted the cover and her eyes widened.

A cute purple and white colored volleyball plush and a letter were inside. The corner of her lips curved up at the gesture. 'Tzuyu.' She thought and shook her head. With the huge grin on her face, she took the soft pillow and hugged it close to her chest then picked the letter up.

Unfolding the paper, she started reading the neat handwriting.

Yumi,

Hi. I hope you're having a great day today. Please accept this small token from me. I know this isn't much but I just want to apologize for scaring you last time. I didn't know, I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I promise you that. Rest assured that I will never go anywhere near you unless you feel okay and safe around me.

Her brows furrowed after reading the first few lines, feeling a bit confused. She shook her head and continued.

By the way, Tzuyu must've told you about me, huh? Well, surprise. Like someone said, "Everybody's got a dark secret", and now you know mine. Hopefully, now that you know I'm gay, you wouldn't be so nervous if ever we see each other again. I really want to get to know you more. Hoping you would give me a chance. :)

PS: Now that you know that the gift is from me, I hope you would still keep it. It doesn't mean anything but a peace offering. That's all. Take care of yourself. :)

--Mark

Her eyes widened and the grin slowly disappeared as she read the name at the bottom of the letter. It was from Mark, not Tzuyu. The gift that she's hugging is from him.

Suddenly, she felt the wild beating of her heart and it's definitely not a good thing. A shiver ran down her spine as she slowly looked at the pillow in her hands and the joy that she felt was rapidly replaced by fear and confusion.

'Why is he giving me this? Why would he trouble himself in buying this for me?'

"Oh, you finally opened the gift." Yumi jumped from her chair when she heard Tzuyu speak from the doorway. She didn't even notice the door being opened. "Why so jumpy?" Tzuyu asked before placing her shoes on the side and slipped in her bunny slippers.

She unconsciously hid the gift and the letter behind her back as her roommate approached her. Yumi doesn't know why she's hiding it either, she just felt like she was caught red-handed doing something she's not supposed to do. Yes, Tzuyu already saw the gift because she was with Mark when he bought it for her and Yumi thought of that, too but she still tried to keep it away from Tzuyu's sight.

"He really felt guilty about what happened so he figured that he should give you something and asked for my help. Did you like it?" The newcomer asked excitedly and Yumi just forced a smile.

"It's.. i-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter