Final

Love Drabble

Minhee was shocked. Just like that her roommate wasn't there. All his things were gone. When had this happened? She didn't know. But she knew she needed to find out. Dashing out of her room, she ran down the hall, through the living room and to the side door where her mother stood, waving.

 

Dread washed over and she pushed her way past her mother and ran out onto the carport, watching as the car finished backing out of the drive and started down the road.

 

He was leaving. He was gone. Six months of her life was just walking out the door. Six months with kyungsoo was being washed down the drain so simply, like their meeting had been an accident and nothing mattered. But to her, everything mattered. Six months spent with a kid...no a man...that at first she was sketchy about, but as time went by, slowly grew on her and now...now she was in love. And now...she couldn't tell him how she felt.

 

“Finally. Thought he would never leave.” The voice came from the door, her mother. And for some reason that comment both angered her and saddened her even more. Maybe to her parents they didn't like him, but he meant so much Minhee. This couldn't be happening.

 

As she walked out further, the night growing darker, she could faintly make out the outline of the car around the lighted tail lights. This wasn't some cliched romance movie. As much as she wanted to run after that car and make it stop she couldn't. Her body wouldn't move beyond the carport. It was like it was paralyzed.

 

And yet, just as all hope was slipping out the window, the tail lights of the car got brighter and the movement stopped. She knew not to expect anything, but she couldn't stop the sudden swell in her chest, or the few beats her heart skipped with anticipation. The back door opened and a smile spread over her face as she saw Kyungsoo’s form getting out of the car. His steps were slow at first and slowly picking up speed. Minhee found her own feet were moving and she was running down her driveway and to the street. By the time she got there, Kyungsoo was also there, his arms held open wide.

 

Minhee threw her arms around his neck, his arms wrapping around her waist, fingers splayed over his back as he held her close. “I was so afraid.” She whispered.

 

“Of what?” Kyungsoo asked, voice slightly muffled as he buried his face into her neck.

 

“That I wouldn't see you again. That I wouldn't get to say…”she paused for a moment, swallowing down the emotions that made her voice waver slightly. “Goodbye.” Pulling back, Kyungsoo stared at her face and gave a soft smile, hand moving up to her cheek gently.

 

“We don't have to say goodbye.” Kyungsoo said gently.

 

“But I thought you were leaving?” She asked confused.

 

“I am.” Kyungsoo said. “I have to go back. But this doesn't have to be goodbye. I don't want it to be goodbye.” His expression matched hers, sad and forlorn. He didn't want to leave as much as she didn't want him to leave.

 

“If not goodbye, then what is this?” She asked.

 

“A see you later.” Kyungsoo said and smiled. Minhee stared at him and smiled.

 

“See you later.” She repeated and Kyungsoo nodded. “I think...I can live with that.” It wasn't a final goodbye, but a promise that they would see each other again one day. It made her smile and as a small, comfortable silence fell over them, Minhee thought back on all the good memories that she had with him. She felt him shift on his feet, bringing her out of her thoughts and she looked up into those large, owlish eyes she had finally grown fond of, sharing a long and intense stare.

 

He started leaning forward and Minhee’s heart started beating faster. Was this it? Was this the kiss she had been dreaming of for the past few weeks? God she hoped it was, so she leaned forward, meeting him halfway. Their lips met and Minhee couldn't believe how soft and lush they were. She pressed into the kiss, taking in the sensations as her fingers moved through the hair at the base of his neck, it gently. The hand that had her cheek moved to the back of her neck, cupping it and giving a light squeeze. A soft moan left her as she practically melted against the other, the arm around her waist holding her closer.

 

Lips parted on both ends and shy tongues poked out, pressing against each other. It was a strange sensation, one she hadn't felt since her first kiss when she was only 13. It had been so long but so worth the wait. A whimper left her as she pressed her tongue further against his, their lips parting wider as their tongues sliding together. A moan left her, her body pressing closer. Kyungsoo’s squeezed her waist and her neck and held her as close as he possibly could. Their tongues battled, swirling together a few times before the need to breathe finally forced them apart.

 

“.” Kyungsoo whispered and Minhee giggled. It wasn't the first time she had heard the other curse, but she still found it extremely funny coming from him. “I've been wanting to do that for so long.”

 

“I've wanted you to do that for weeks now.” Minhee confessed, cheeks ringing a slight pink. “It was nice.”

 

“Just nice?”

 

“Well...amazing.” She admired and smiled. “I'm glad we finally got the chance to do that before you leave.”

 

“We can do it again.” Kyungsoo told her. “When I come back.”

 

“You're coming back?” She asked confused, staring at him with wide eyes.

 

“Of course I'll come back. I don't…” he paused and stared into her eyes. “I don't want to leave you forever. I-I love you.” The words had been so soft that Minhee was almost sure she hadn't heard right. But judging from the blush on his cheeks, she knew she had.

 

“I love you too.” She confessed. “ I'm in love with you. I don't know since when, but I am and finding out you were leaving so suddenly nearly killed me.” She told him. Kyungsoo bit his bottom lip as he pulled her into another hug, rubbing her back.

 

“I'll come back for you. I promise. You just have to wait for me. Please, wait for me.” He whispered. Minhee pressed her face into his neck as she clung to him, returning the hug.

 

“I'll wait for you.” She whispered. “I'll wait for you forever.” She promised. His arms tightened around her and smiled more before pulling back. “You have to go don't you?” She asked and he nodded. “So go.” She said and patted his chest lightly. “We'll meet again.” She assured him.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and took her hand and squeezed it. “Until we meet again.” He said and raised her hand, kissing it. Pulling apart completely, they both shared one more passing look, love and promise in their eyes before Kyungsoo finally released her hand. He turned and headed back down the road to the waiting car and got back in. With a heavy sigh, Minhee watched as the car started driving once more, never leaving the road until the car was finally out of sight.

 

Under the light of the carport, she shared her first kiss with the man she had come to love, with a promise for the future.