ㅡthe Beginning

Slow, burning End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Young love starts with an explosive bang like a jump from the rooftop of Burj Khalifa straight into the pavements under, and feels like fairytale.

Suah and Sehun met the last year in high school—voluntarily falling and trapping themselves in an imaginary love bubble for weeks and weeks on end.

They became the infamous star-crossed lovers—which turns out to be not so star-crossed in the end—consisting of the girl with the straight As that teachers dote on as the school President, and the boy who could put out his cigarettes on a teacher’s desk and still have the student body worship the ground he walked on.

First came the flirty text messages that eventually turned into late-night “study date” Skype video calls, which then fully evolved into binge-watching full seasons of Friends on Saturday nights—that finally turned into a daily thing.

It started with the shy bumps of their arms caused by sitting too close next to each other to get a better view of the TV screen, and ends with full blown-out makeout sessions in between classes in the janitor’s closet.

It was all new to the both of them, and to the rest of the school too. Sehun slowly but surely turned into a straight As student and Suah diligently started to attend parties that Byun Baekhyun—the famous school chaebol*—hosted every Saturday night.

The “i like u vry much” texts turns into “Love you!”s, and before they even knew what was happening they had already confessed their love to each other accidentally in the middle of a Mortal Kombat match on Sehun’s new xbox.

Then comes graduation, a natural cause of breakups of high school sweethearts all across the country due to reasons like wanting to pursue their own dreams in their own colleges or universities. Or so they say.

Even Hyeyoung and Suah grew apart somewhere somehow after high school.

But that, of course, didn’t happen with Suah and Sehun. Their love stayed relentlessly throughout the harsh university years despite the distance, making the best out of the Thursdays where they could drive up to each other’s places and have chinese take-outs, calling each other in the middle of the night sobbing about an essay they just can’t seem to finish.

The part where they officially became adults, if anything, bettered their relationship—which shocked everyone especially their high school gang who thought they wouldn’t make it. Suah moved in with Sehun into a small dingy apartment right smack in the middle of Seoul at the ripe age of twenty-two, both perfectly happy with their jobs and living arrangement despite the fact that they’re both equally new to the environment.

Everyone always knew that they would end up being each other’s forever and always.

 

***

 

“Hey, Sehun, honey?”

“Hmm.”

“I don’t really like the color of that sofa you bought for the living room on our new house, you know. Like, we have pastel walls and suddenly it’s a smack dab green colored sofa clashing with the pastels.”

“So?”

“So.”

“I lived with waking up staring at that ugly goldfish you insisted on buying for a year. Live with it.”

***

Saturdays when their whole group of friends is free calls for a movie night at Junmyeon’s. Minseok always arrives the first with the probable lists of movies they can watch for the night, followed by Jongin shortly after, noisily decorating Junmyeon’s condo with bad jokes and trash-talking about stockbrokers.

Suah and Sehun typically arrive last with cold beer and whatnots to cater to the boys’ needs. Except that they somehow forget it this time.

“Oh my gosh, guys, I’m so sorry!” Suah apologizes, pinching her nose bridge realizing her mistake when she stares at the empty coffee table in front of her as she takes a seat on the sofa. Minseok and Jongin arches both of their eyebrows.

“What's up?” Sehun yells from the entrance hall, questioning as to why his girlfriend is apologizing amidst taking off his coat to hang it on Junmyeon’s coat hanger. Suah doesn’t answer.

“I told Sehun again and again to put the beer on the backseat before we go but apparently, he’s forgotten. I’m sorry,” Suah emphasizes on the I, “but he’s probably not—being the unapologetic he is. I’ll apologize on behalf of him anyway and trea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter