Final

Fireworks in our eyes. Stars in our hearts.

"Bye, hyung! Have fun!" Youngjae hugs Jinyoung and watches him leave and get into the car. He closes the door and turns around to see Jaebum coming out of the bathroom.

"He left already? I didn't even get to say goodbye" Jaebum pouts. "Hyung, you really don't need to stay here. Look it's only 5 pm, you can still get to your friends' party." Youngjae says.

They were home alone as the others were already left to celebrate New Year's Eve with their friends and families.

Jaebum frowns"Stop it. How could I leave you here alone?"

"But, hyuuung. I feel guilty...Just because I don't feel like partying tonight, you have to stay here...it's not fair." Youngjae tries to convince the leader. "Gosh, babe... I'd choose to spend time with you over anything" he approaches Youngjae and holds his hands " it's just a stupid party, there will be many others, but how many times a year do I get to spend some time with you?" Youngjae blushes as Jaebum runs his thumbs over his knuckles.

"Thank you, hyung" The leader rolls his eyes but regrets it when he sees the confused look on the younger's face, so he kisses his forehead to avoid the usual 'I'm sorry, hyung, I didn't mean to upset you'. He really should stop rolling his eyes.

"So what do you want to do?" he asks in a cheerful tone to make it clear that he isn't pissed.

"Umm... I don't knowww. Watch a movie?"

"Sounds good to me." Jaebum smiles. He would be happy doing anything as long as Youngjae was with him. He could literally just sit next to the younger in silence for hours looking at him without getting bored...But of course, he'd never do that. It's creepy. Like watching him sleep. He never did that...never..Just a few times. Come on, don't judge him.

~~

They argued for an hour, trying to agree on which movie should they watch. Youngjae wanted to watch Hotel Transylvania 2 because"hyuuung, come on. The kid is so cuteeeee" while Jaebum chose Skeleton Key, even though his boyfriend hates horror movies. They ended up watching both of them.

They were cuddled up in bed, looking at the final credits rolling on the screen.

"That was so cute, wasn't it, hyung?"Youngjae asks as he lifts his head from Jaebum's chest to look at him.

"It was." The other answers and kisses his lips. Youngjae moves closer and hugs him. They stay like that in the dark for a while and none of them moves because it's comfortable.Jaebum caresses Youngjae's back and kisses his neck from time to time, receiving soft giggles.

"It tickles." Youngjae laughs, but Jaebum keeps caressing his sides.

"Stop it" the younger continues to laugh as he reaches his hands to grip Jaebum's, but he's too weak from laughing to fight the older. He doesn't stand a chance anyways. Jaebum stops and looks at Youngjae who is sitting on top of him. Even in the low light coming from outside, he was so beautiful. The older moves his hand and slowly pulls Youngjae into a kiss. After they break apart, Youngjae cuddles to his side, facing the window.

"Hyung?"

Jaebum hums.

"Can we go outside, please?" The older kisses his temple

"Of course, babe."

 ~~

They walk hand in hand through the streets, under the light coming from the decorations that were hanging around.

"Hyung, where are we going?" All this time, they just enjoyed the moment and kept walking, without thinking where they are heading.

"I've got an idea." Jaebum answers as he looks at his watch and Youngjae doesn't question it.

~~

"What are we doing here?" the younger asks as he looks around. They were somewhere at the edge of the city.

"That" Jaebum says loudly, happy that there is nobody around "is the best place where we can watch the fireworks" he points at the top of a hill. Youngjae laughs.

"It's 11:50!" Jaebum yells " come on, let's hurry!" he takes Youngjae's hand and starts running up the hill.

They laugh- and it's the sincerest laugh they've had in a long time. Their hearts beat fast and they are running out of breath, but they don't stop because they feel free. They feel alive. When they get on top, they both fall on the ground still laughing, not caring about the snow that was slowly soaking up their clothes. After they catch their breaths Jaebum is ths first one to get up. He helps Youngjae get up as well and wraps his arms around him, pointing their eyes at the sky. Soon, colorful sparkles light up the night.

"It's so beautiful!"

It is, it really is, but Jaebum keeps throwing glances at the wide-eyed boy next to him.

"Truly beautiful.." he says and Youngjae turns his head only to find Jaebum looking at him. Even though the light coming from above is covering his face, Youngjae is sure that Jaebum knows he's blushing.

"So..do you have any wishes?" Jaebum asks.

"I just want us to be healthy and happy. How about you, hyung?"

"Me? I don't know. I think I have everything I could wish for."

And now it's Youngjae's time to roll his eyes, but instead he just leans in and kisses Jaebum.