Final

Wedding Crasher (ONE-SHOT)

I smoothed out the white fabric of the dress with my palm, awed as I saw how pretty I became on the mirror.

The dress was as white as snow, the thing leaving me bare on my shoulders and thighs. The length ended just above my knee.

I pulled the dress downward due to its short length but stopped midway because I realized, my chest gets more bare than it already was.

Why did I pick this off-shoulder dress again?

Through the mirror, I sent a nervous smile at Suhyun behind me, who was, undoubtedly, my maid of honor.

"This is it, huh? My own wedding day..."

"I'm so happy for you, unnie! And you have a hot hunk to boot," Suhyun squealed.

I blushed at her comment. "Suhyun-ah..."

She quickly covered in realization and giggled. "Oh, right! Sorry!"

The door of my receiving area opened and Jennie, one of my bridesmaids, peaked through.

Jennie winked. "Sorry to ruin the fun ladies but we have a wedding to ruin."

I laughed when Suhyun let out a squeal again. Honestly, she's more excited into this thing than I am.

"Coming!"

-🌺🌸🌺-

The wedding march started as my hand-picked song played in the background. The entourage started walking on the aisle, seemingly in-sync with the beautiful tune.

As I wait for my turn, I couldn't help but pace behind the door. I was starting to doubt everything.

Beside me, Tablo oppa sent me an amused stare. "Calm down, baby girl."

I looked at the man who treated me like his own daughter these past years. "What if, he decided to run away? What if, what if all of this fails? What if—"

My ramblings were stopped short as he put his gloved hands on my bare shoulders. "Stop thinking those things. Everyone knows how much he loves you. I know for sure, because I've grown to love the kid too."

My heart warmed at his comforting message. I nodded in agreement. It's now or never.

The song reserved for the bride played and it was our cue.

Tablo oppa offered his arm and sent me a pleasant, father-like smile. "Shall we, my princess?"

I clung to his arm and took a deep breath. "Let's do this."

He made the first step and I followed his lead.

As I surveyed the sea of people attending the ceremony, I felt joy when they gave me encouraging smiles.

Excitement filled my veins as my eyes met with my wonderful groom. He looked absolutely charming with that black suit of his and his hair slicked back.

The nervousness was building up again, creating imaginary butterflies in my stomach.

His handsomeness increased tenfold when we approached him. He honestly looked so hot and even better up close.

Tablo oppa removed his arm on mine and transferred my hand to my groom.

"Take care of Hayi, will you Jaewon?"

Jaewon chuckled. "I will."

Tablo proceeded to his seat as Jaewon guided me towards the front where the officiant was waiting.

"We are gathered here today to witness the love between the two couple, Lee Hayi and Jung Jaewon, as they proceed to another chapter in their life," the officiant began. "Whoever has resentments about their joint fellowship, speak now or forever hold your peace."

There was silence from the crowd.

"If there are people wanting to speak, please do so now or forever hold your peace," the officiant repeated.

There was still no response. Jaewon and I exchanged glances.

He repeated impatiently. "Speak now or forever—"

As if on cue, the doors opened. The silhouette of a man contrasted the light coming from outside. I squinted my eyes for a better look, but it was futile.

The man stepped towards the aisle, came marching in with deadly intent.

My heart pounded very loudly. Memories of him flooded my mind. The man was none other than the very person who stole my heart, Kim Hanbin.

"Stop this wedding!"

The guests all stood up to see a better look, excitedly buzzing among themselves.

Jaewon's hand squeezed mine tightly, as if telling me to be strong. I couldn't return the gesture.

Hanbin, with his cute Mickey Mouse boxers and tank top, took the steps leading to us. I heard laughter from the guests and I would've too if I wasn't anxious at the moment.

"Hayi, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Ever since I received that invitation, my hopes crashed at the possibility of us back together. I hesitated too much to ask you that question you've been longing to hear but I..."

His sight fleeted at my hand intertwined with Jaewon. For a moment, I could see him get weak.

"I decided to let you go. You don't deserve a coward like me. I hurt you too much and maybe I deserve this."

I managed to raise a brow at him, despite my state. "Then why are you here?"

He looked at me with love and affection, the same look that I fell for. He took a cautionary step towards me as he took my free hand in his.

"I woke up this morning and realized that I want to fight for you."

The familiar beating of my heart was back on its work. Oh, the things he was making me feel... But no, I shouldn't act like this!

I took my hand away from him. "What if I don't want to fight that battle with you?"

"Then I..." The light in his eyes wavered. There he was again, hesitating. "Then I guess it's time to let go." His sight left mine as he turned to Jaewon.

"Jaewon-sshi... take care of her. She may seem strong, but she has her own insecurities. Take time to remind her how beautiful she is everyday..." He looked back at me wistfully. "–Because it's the truth."

I couldn't look away as he held my gaze. In his eyes, I could see messages he couldn't express in words alone. For that, I gave him a comforting smile. It's going to be alright.

He must've realized something as his shoulders slumped and turned back.

"Hanbin," Jaewon called, stopping him on his tracks. "Take back what's rightfully yours."

Jaewon reached out for Hanbin's hand and replaced the hand I was holding with his. Afterwards, Jaewon sent me a wink. I giggled.

My supposed groom then took a seat at one of the bleachers, having finished his job for today.

Hanbin, confused by the mix-up, surveyed his surroundings. He looked just in time to see the officiant removing his fake mustache. His brows scrunched when he saw a grinning Bobby, his bestfriend.

Then he turned around. Most of the people were our common friends. Jaewon's family wasn't even here.

From one of the benches, Chanwoo pumped his hand in the air while Donghyuk raised two thumbs up. Beside them, Junhoe rolled his eyes and saw his lips moving. Based from the numerous events I've been with him and Hanbin, it was safe to say that he was saying 'stupid'.

Jiyong oppa, the man who treats Hanbin as his own brother, nodded at him while his wife, Dara unnie waved enthusiastically. Hanbyul, carried by her mother, screamed, "Oppa! Annyeong!"

"W-What's this?" Hanbin muttered, completely dazed.

Yunhyeong and Jinhwan oppa came just in time before Hanbin could get crazy.

"Welcome to your own wedding, idiot," Jinhwan informed and grinned.

"What?" Hanbin dumbly asked, cutely dumbfounded. "I haven't even proposed..."

Yunhyeong rolled his eyes and kicked the back of Hanbin's leg. Hanbin howled in pain as he got down on one foot.

"Yunhyeong, you assho—"

Jinhwan shoved a velvet black box in his hand. "Don't ruin the moment."

Hanbin cursed under his breath and sent both of his friends deathly glares. Afterwards, he opened the box he was holding. The priceless expression on his face was enough to tell a whole story.

"Hyung, how did you..."

Yunhyeong and Jinhwan were both wearing smug looks on their faces. Yunhyeong folded his arm and nodded proudly to himself. "I was cleaning your room during one of your ty, whining moments and found this in your drawer. Told Hayi about it and next thing I knew, this plan of tricking you happened."

Hanbin went silent for a moment, staring at the ring nestled in the box. I meaningfully coughed.

He looked at me and seemed to wake out of it.

"Oh right," he mumbled. He held out the box for me to see. "Lee Hayi, the love of my life, the star of my sky, the peanut butter to my jam, the melody of my song, the anthem of my—"

"Quit being cheesy and ask her already!" Bobby hissed. Right away, Jinhwan threw his boutonniere in his lapel at his direction, which hit him on the cheek.

"I was trying to have an impromptu romantic proposal," Hanbin bit back. "Would've been helpful if you hinted something."

"Well, would've been really helpful if you stopped being a hesitant a long time ago," Yunhyeong mumbled as he crossed his arms impatiently.

I rolled my eyes at their antics.

Hanbin grunted and composed himself finally. But right as he did, his eyes went into slits as his gaze roamed all over my body.

"What the hell are you wearing?"

"This is a staged wedding, what do you expect?"

He silently reprimanded me with his stare alone. I snorted. As if he wasn't liking it.

"Look, are you going to stare at me all day or are you gonna propose?" My annoyed face quickly changed as I leaned closer, just for his ears only. "Because you know... you can stare at me all you want later. ."

His ears went red immediately as I took a step back. I held back the laugh that was threatening to come out.

"L-L-Lee Hayi—" He was cut off as Jinhwan oppa kicked him in the back.

"Lee Hayi, will you spend your lifetime with me?"

'Finally,' I groaned mentally. Then I enthusiastically nodded my head. "Yes!"

The people around us clapped and cheered. Hanbin slid the ring on my finger and stood up. Right as he did, I threw my arms around his neck.

There was a lovely smile playing on his lips. His gaze was full of tenderness and right then and there, I fell in love for him again.

Finally, after five tiresome years of waiting, it was time for the real thing.

-🌺🌸🌺-

"You look so beautiful, unnie," Lisa, one of my bridesmaids, commented as she wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned her chin at my shoulder.

I sent her a smile through the mirror. I was now wearing my actual wedding dress, a marvelous creation coming from one of Jiyong oppa's friends.

Sparkling beads adorned selected spots of the dress, twinkling with every move I do. The upper part of the dress hugged my figure and then opened wide when it got to the lower region. I was wearing a petticoat to make it look bigger. The hem of the dress looked like flowing, successfully covering my four inch heels. This time, the sleeves were leveled with my area. I wouldn't have to deal with tugging it upwards because it had a boat-like collar.

Jennie joined the hug and leaned her head at the other side.

Suhyun, taking notice of the situation, joined too. "Don't leave me behind!"

"Kids..." Rose muttered.

Jisoo dragged her to my bridesmaids' hug attack. "Come on! I know you like it too. Let's get this over with. Plus, I can't wait to drool over the fake officiant. Don't you think he looks so hot today?"

Rose rolled her eyes and smiled. "You and your boyfriend."

I heard the door open and even though numerous bodies were occupying the mirror, I saw it was Junhoe.

"es, if your asses don't come out right now, I'm gonna scream bloody murder."

All of us giggled at his threat.

"Alright, Junhoe's hotheaded right now. Better follow him or we'll suffer the consequences," Jennie whispered.

"Who sent him anyway?" Lisa mumbled.

"Must be for the reason they knew you were slowpokes," Rose drawled casually.

All together, they half-chuckled and half-screamed, "Rose!"

The chatter continued on as they cleared the room. Suhyun gave me an encouraging pat on the back as she followed after them.

Now alone, I took a deep breath and psyched myself to do this. It still felt like a dream to me. Who would've thought that I'd end up with this jerk who was always delaying everything? Maybe our break up gave him the wake-up call he deserved.

But even though he was like that, I still love him to death. No one could make me feel the things he was making me feel.

My thoughts of him disappeared as I heard Junhoe's impatient voice.

"Hayi!"

"Coming!"

-🌺🌸🌺-

My nervousness seemed to have increased tenfold as I realized that I was going through with the real thing.

Tablo oppa chuckled at my state. "You still tense after the second time?"

"Well... it's real now after all."

"Couldn't blame you. I looked cool on my wedding day, but everyone didn't know I was close to fainting."

I giggled at his anecdote. "Hope that Hanbin's not anywhere like that. I wouldn't want to marry a fainting groom."

The familiar music reserved for my march played. Tablo oppa held out his arm for me to hold.

"Let's roll," he coolly smirked.

We started walking and everyone looked at me. I couldn't care less as my sight was only focused to the fine man waiting for me at the altar.

His gaze held compassion and love and he couldn't stop himself from smiling.

With him now properly wearing a tux and tie, I was reminded of the fact that I was going to spend my life with this man.

My eyes watered when memories of me and him flashed in my mind. He loved surprising me with back hugs whenever I feel cold. His hands warming mine was enough to make me feel complete, loving how his fingers felt snug between mine. Maybe it was a sign that we were destined for each other. And I knew that was true.

Then I remembered his endless love for choco cones, his Mickey Mouse collection, and then I realized that I was going to love that man for eternity.

He was going to be the sight I'd see every time I wake up in the morning, the one I'd willingly give the other half of my sandwiches, the father of our future children, and the man I'd cherish for as long as I live.

We finally reached the end of the altar. Oppa transferred my arm to Hanbin's. The two exchanged looks only the two of them could understand.

My smile grew wider as we finally met again, this time in front of the altar.

His eyes held warmth just for me and I felt loved. He leaned closer to whisper, "You're making me breathless," in my ear.

The gesture made my heart explode with different emotions. I couldn't say anything, afraid that if I did, I'd choke back on my own words.

Now the real officiant of our wedding began the ceremony. His words faded in the background as I couldn't keep my eyes off my husband-to-be.

Hanbin held my hands tight and our smiles seemed permanent on our faces. I couldn't help these wonderful feelings controlling every part of me. I felt like I was floating, taking me to another world where only the both of us existed.

The ceremony passed by in a blur. I remembered keeping it together as I recite my wedding vows, but failing miserably.

Hanbin's vows seemed to be made on the fly and because of that, it seemed more raw and more sincere. Which didn't help from stopping the tears.

"I now proclaim you, as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," the officiant ended.

Hanbin, with his trembling hands, lifted the veil off my face. The spectacle of his overwhelmed expression was a sight to behold.

His expression then turned melancholic as he caressed my cheeks. Tears streaked down my face as we finally closed the distance.

I felt the magic that sparked when we first met. I was overcame with emotions and it made me feel alive at this very moment. I remembered our story, the laughter and tears...

Our future seemed to flash before my very eyes. We'd paint the house together. I'd cook our meals and he'd wash the dishes. He'd run out of the store in the middle of the night to satisfy my pregnancy cravings and in the end, I'd decide for something else instead. He'd whine about it, but would get it for me anyway, kissing my womb as he would so. Then, he'd tell bedtime stories to our kids and kiss them goodnight. He'd continue to show love to me and to our future kids, and I couldn't wait to see it all for myself.

There would be bumps along the way, but we'd still make it through till seventy like how that Ed Sheeran song goes.

The picture of me and him seemed like a distant memory. It felt so real. And when I opened my eyes, I know it would as I saw my future standing before me.

We broke apart. I leaned my forehead against his, then put my arms around his neck.

In a breathless state, I whispered, "I love you."

Through the fabric of my dress, I felt him smile. "I love you too."

He held my hand and together, we faced the people here to witness the magic with us. I could see tears in their eyes while clapping. And the sight of it all made my heart soften.

His grip on my hand tightened. "I'm not letting you go. Never again."

"You have a lifetime with me to prove that."

He kissed the top of my head, making my knees turn jelly. "I will."

And from then I knew, he would always be my Hanbin, till death do us part.

Author's Note: (this is so cheesy urgh) Excuse me for being completely clueless with wedding procedures and whatnot. This is based from movies I watch XD I didn't go in-depth with their past since I want it to be open for interpretations. I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it.