CHAPTER 8

내꺼 하자!!! (Be Mine!!!)

 

(Minjung’s POV)

“Have you seen Shone?” I asked my classmate.

“I saw him enter the school’s office but I don’t know why.”

“Thank you.” I ran to the school’s office.

“Madam, have you seen Shone? Do you know where he is right now?” I asked the school’s clerk.

“His duration studying here is over. He’s at the airport right now, waiting for his flight.” She told me. Without thinking much, I ran from school and went to the airport. I searched for the only person who was in my mind at that particular time.

“Shone, where are you??!!!” I shouted.

“Shone!!!”

“Minjung, what are you doing here?” Suddenly, I heard Shone’s voice from the back. I turned around and saw him. I pushed him until he fell down.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re going back today?”

“Minjung, I just don’t want to make you sad.”

“Then, by doing this, you think you’ll make me happy?!” I shouted.

“Minjung-ah…”

“I’ve plan everything that I wanted to do with you for the last time on your last day staying here. But now, you’ve mashed it all up into a piece of rubbish. Is it hard enough to say that it is your last day staying here to me? I’ll just say, owh, okay, we’ll do something that can make as a good memory between us.” I tried not to let my tears fall down. But I failed when he suddenly hugged me. I tried to push him away from hugging me but he held me tightly. I don’t have enough energy to push him aside.

“I just don’t want to say goodbye to you…” he said.

“Just say, see you later… it’s possible if we meet again, right?” I wiped my tears with his shirt. Then, I smiled with victory.

“Yah, you’re wetting my shirt.” I just laughed.

“Thank you for coming to see me. Actually, I really hope that you’ll come here before I leave for my flight.” He continued.

“You should’ve told me before this. Luckily, someone knows you’re here and told me.”

The announcement for the flight passengers to Thailand could be heard. I looked at Shone. He smiled.

“It’s time for me to go.” He said.

“Remember to come here if you have a long vacation.” I told him. He nodded his head. He was about to go when he suddenly went back to me and gave me a light peck on the cheek. I was shocked.

“I always wanted to do this.” He whispered to me. I looked at him and was about to ask him why. But it was like he can read my mind.

“I hope that the next time we meet again, I can be your boyfriend, and also your best buddy.” He smiled and went away, leaving me, who was still confused with the situation.

I walked back to school without minding the situation surrounding me.

“Minjung-ah…” I heard someone called me, brought me back to reality. I looked at the person besides me. It was Jeongmin.

“Yes??” I gave him a reply.

“I called you for almost 10 times, but didn’t reply until now. What happen to you? Are you sick?” he felt my forehead. But then, I avoided it.

“Maybe I felt a little dizzy.” I said and left the class.

 

(Jeongmin’s POV)

I just looked at Minjung who left the class. I sighed.

“Minjung-ah, I know that you’re sad right now…because of Shone. Although it’s hurting me when seeing you like this, but at least tell me your problem. It’ll make me feel that I’m not that useless for you.” I said to myself.

The situation lasts for about a week when finally, I can’t stand with it. I want the real No Minjung back. One fine evening, after our classes have ended, I pulled her hand and dragged her to the back of the school’s library. Weirdly, she doesn’t fight back. I looked sharply at her. She didn’t even look at me but just looked down. Jeongmin-ah, control your heart, control your feelings. My mind kept saying that but my heart refused to obey on what my mind said. My heart was beating like crazy. I tried to control it by breathing in and out at a fast rate but failed. I pulled her into me and kissed her on the lips. She pushed me, but I pulled her back and continued kissing her. At that time, she didn’t push but just let it be. I stopped kissing her and looked at her.

“Can you stop being like this and come back to normal?” I said. She started to cry. She was about to run away when I pulled her and hugged her tightly.

“Just let it all out. Tell me all your problems. Don’t keep it yourself.” I continued. She cried and hugged me back. She didn’t say anything but just cried.

“Hyunseong hyung didn’t ask you anything?” I asked her. She shook her head.

“I said that I’m fine.” She replied. I can hear that she was still crying. Feeling of being hugged by the one you love really is a blissful feeling. If only the time can be paused, I want this moment to stay for about a couple of hours. I smiled.

“You want me to accompany you today?” I asked, hoping for a ‘yes’ from her. Not long after I asked, she nodded her head. Maybe she really needs a company. Once again, I smiled.

“How about going to a place where you will forget your entire problem?” I let her go and looked at her straight into her eyes. Her eyes are so pretty, I just can’t get rid of looking at it.

“Thank you…really, I mean it…Thank you for being here for me at this kind of time. Although maybe you hate me and think of me as a , I will think of you as a good and kind guy start from this moment.” She said and smiled.

“If I hate you, I will never be here right now. Now, come on…” I pulled her hand happily. We went to the shopping mall, not to buy things, but just having fun. Walking around, tasting free food and play some games at the games site.

After a few hours playing and walking around the mall, we decided to sit down and rest while eating ice cream. Then, I heard Minjung chuckled. I felt weird, so I asked her.

“Why are you laughing? Is there anything funny?”

She just nodded her head.

“What is it?” I asked her again, waiting for an answer from her. But she just looked at me and continuously smiled. Thank goodness, No Minjung is back!! I just love it when she smiles. After a few moments she left me without an answer to my question, she reached out her hand and wiped something on my face. I froze, and just stared at her. She kept wiping my face while saying something. But I didn’t pay attention to what she said.

“Jeongmin-ah, do you hear what I’m saying?” she waved her hands in front of my face, makes me went back to reality.

“Uhh??” I looked blurred.

“I said; can you eat ice cream properly? There’s ice cream around your mouth. Here, take this. Wipe your mouth.” She said and gave me a tissue. I took it and wiped my mouth.

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome…”

 

 

A few hours more, the day will come to an end. We decided to go back home. While going down the stairs, someone looked rushed and ran into Minjung. She almost fell down from the stairs. Luckily I was there to hold her from falling down. My heart felt like want to pop out when seeing Minjung almost get a broken neck.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked, showing my concern.

“I think I’m okay. Don’t worry.” She replied. I was about to continue walking when I heard Minjung’s voice.

“Ouch!!” I turned back and saw she was sitting on the stairs. I sat next to her and asked again whether she’s okay or not. She was holding her ankle, so I looked at it.

“You sprained your ankle?” I asked.

“Maybe just a little bit.” She said and tried to stand up. Her face looked pale. I started to feel worry. I hold her but she refused it. Not long after that, she seemed to have no energy to walk. She was about to faint, but I hold her.

“Better if you ride on my back.” I told her and started to carry her. I think she wanted to refuse my suggestion but don’t have enough energy.

 

 

I carried her all the way to her house. On our way to her house, she didn’t say anything accept for ‘thank you’.

 

“Minjung-ah, you’re asleep?” I asked. No answer from her.

“You’re really asleep?” I asked again to make sure but still no answer from her.

“You know what; you are the first girl that has changed me into someone who I myself don’t know. It’s really different. Lee Jeongmin before is not the same anymore as Lee Jeongmin now. Lee Jeongmin before really likes to ditch school, having fights with other students and many more bad things that I’ve done. But the Lee Jeongmin now is different. He likes to go to school just because of a girl. That girl makes him study and be a better person is his goal. It’s really unbelievable.” I said and smiled.

“Saranghaeyo…” suddenly I heard Minjung said. My heart felt like stop beating, I can’t breathe right and coughed. Minjung-ah, what have you done to this Lee Jeongmin???