Misunderstanding

Misunderstanding

 

 

Jiyeon is unlucky girl. She do not have family. All her unnies do not know about her family. Eunjung found a little girl laying at the bustop when she back from her work.  Thus, she bring that little girl to stay with her  together with hyomin, soyeon, qri and boram. She just can’t stand to watch that cute little girl shivering in the cold without anyone. She pitied her. She bring her back and give her name. Jiyeon. Its because jiyeon doesn’t remember her name. What she remember only her parents leave her alone in that bustop. Since the day eunjung bring jiyeon to stay with them, all of them give full attention and love towards jiyeon. They do not want jiyeon think that she is unlucky girl because her parents dumped her. They raised her. Give her food, school and everything. They pampered jiyeon.

But not until hwa come to stay with them. Hwa is a soyeon’s cousin. Hwa parents put hwa at soyeon’s care because it is hwa’s wish. Hwa come from happy family. She have a sister and a brother that really love her. Her parents also love her. Since she is child, her family will fulfill her wish. No matter how impossible or difficult the with, her family will try their best to fulfill it. Even though she have a beautiful family, unfortunately she was diagnosed with heart disease and she need donor to survive. There are one time she give up to live because she can’t stand the pain from the disease. But when she look at her family, she will become stronger. She will become stronger because of them. That is why she make a wish to live with soyeon because sometimes she just can see her family sad because of her condition. She know her family with her.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

“Jiyeonnie, don’t be childish please. We all love you. You know that right? Don’t need to be jealous with hwa. She done nothing. We all love both of you. I still love you like usual. Don’t be like this please?” Eunjung said tried to persuade jiyeon to open the door. Jiyeon sulk with them because of jealousy. Jiyeon thought that all her unnies doesn’t love her anymore. Since Hwa come to stay with them, jiyeon feel that all the attention that she always got from all her unnies disappeared. She does not feel any love from them anymore. But the truth is, all her unnies still love her just they need to love both jiyeon and hwa equally since both of them are their dongsaeng. They treat jiyeon and hwa like their own little sister.

“Jiyeonnie, please open the door dear. Let’s eat together. “ This time is hyomin who try to persuade jiyeon.

“Go!! Just go. I don’t to eat! Leave me alone!!!” Jiyeon scream from her room. Eunjung and hyomin shocked with what is jiyeon did just now. Jiyeon never raised her voice in front of them. Tears flow from eunjung’s cheek. She can’t believe that someone soft like jiyeon, someone that she raised for 3 years scream at her. She just can’t believe it. Hyomin who saw eunjung’s tears become angry. For her jiyeon shouldn’t scream or raised her voice towards eunjung. She do not know how much eunjung sacrifice for her to raised her well. To support her living, school and all her necessity. For her jiyeon too childish and too jealous over hwa.

“Yah! If you don’t want to eat, its up to you! But you can’t raise or scream at us! Where is your manner?!” Hyomin shouted at jiyeon. She can’t hold her angry anymore. She went to the kitchen to search eunjung. She know how hurt eunjung is.

While in the room, jiyeon cried all her might.  She regret because she shout at eunjung. The unnie that she love the most. But she can’t do anything to change it. It already happen. It just she too jealous when with Hwa. Since Hwa come, she barely can spend time with her unnies. She understand that Hwa have a heart disease and her time to live not so long until she find a right donor. But just far from her heart, she just feel jealous. She being dumped by her family, so she do not want all her unnies dumped her like her parents. She afraid that will happen. She do not want to live alone. She just afraid. Im sorry eunjung unnie. Hyomin unnie. Im sorry because I shouted at both of you. Im just afraid that all of you will leave me like my parents. I just afraid. Im sorry unnie. Jiyeon just cried while hold her and her unnies picture.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Since the day where jiyeon shout at eunjung and hyomin, their relationship becomes worst. They do not speak with each other. Jiyeon want to speak with them but she just does not know how to start. She just can watch eunjung and hyomin from a far. Her heart screaming to talk with them but seems to shut whenever she near them. But that night, change everything. Change her relationship with eunjung and all her unnies. Her jealousy take her mind. Nothing she can do to change it. Neither eunjung.

Flashback

“Hwa, take this medicine. Today you still do not take your medicine right?” Eunjung said while care hwa’s hair. She pitied with Hwa. Got heart disease at young age. She can’t do anything to help Hwa except care for her. At least that is the thing she can do to make hwa happy.

“Thanks you eunjung unnie. I love you. You know what, all of unnie here, I love you and hyomin more. “ Hwa said while giggle. She embarrassed with her own confession. She love eunjung and hyomin more because both of them really care about her. All her unnies care about her but with eunjung and hyomin, she feel different. She feel like both eunjung and hyomin are her family.

“Welcome my dear Hwa. Please be healthy okay?I don’t want to see you sick. It just hurt me you know.” Eunjung said with teary eyes. She tried to be strong in front of hwa but just sometimes she can’t. Even she just knew hwa less than 1 year but for her hwa like her own little sister.

“Unnie, don’t cry. It hurt me also to see your tears. I will promise to you, I will be healthy and strong to fight my sickness. Don’t worry okay?” Hwa smile to eunjung. She do not want to see eunjung cry because of her. Eunjung smile back and kiss hwa cheeks.

Less than they know, jiyeon watch them from a far. Tears slowly falling from her cheek. She can’t stand to watch eunjung care for hwa but not her. She really miss eunjung touch. She miss eunjung kiss her cheek. She feel like eunjung really forget about her. She really sad. She feel like want to run from the house. All her unnies seems ignore her. Eunjung, hyomin, soyeon, boram and qri seems do not care about her. When she come home late, they never ask her where she went. Why she come back late. Slowly she feel all her unnies dumped her like her parents.

“Jiyeon?” Hwa call jiyeon when she notice jiyeon at her door. Watching their conversation. Eunjung quickly look at the door. She also really miss jiyeon. Miss to talk with jiyeon. Kiss her cheek. She can see tears at jiyeon’s cheek. She saw jiyeon running. She stand up from her seat, try to catch jiyeon. She know how jiyeon feel. She do not realize it till she saw jiyeon tears. She realize since hwa come to her house, her attention towards jiyeon seems a bit disappeared. She still love jiyeon just her attention towards her kinda disappeared a bit.

“jiyeonnie..”Eunjung said while grab jiyeon’s hand. She pulled jiyeon to her embrace. She really miss jiyeon. Her first little sister.

“Unnie, let me go. Im not belong here”

“Jiyeonnie..”

“It’s okay unnie. I know you love hwa more than you love me now. May be I shouldn’t be here. or maybe if im sick like hwa, you can care for me like you care for hwa.” Eunjung can’t believe what jiyeon said. She shocked and suddenly her hand slap jiyeon’s cheek. It just hurt her when jiyeon said she want to be sick just to get her attention. it enough for hwa to be sick and she can’t imagine if jiyeon sick like hwa. She just can’t accept her life without jiyeon because since she bring jiyeon back she feels like she found her soul. Looking at jiyeon is like looking at herself because she also being dumped by her family.

“Jiyeonnie..I..I..”Eunjung stuttled. She shocked with her own reaction.

“I hate you, unnie!! I really hate you!!!” Jiyeon shout at eunjung while put her palm at her cheek. She do not believe that eunjung will slap her. Eunjung never slap her nor shout at her. She shocked. She run to her room. Crying hard.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Hwa, you must be strong. Please stay strong. Don’t leave us” Hyomin said with teary eyes. Hwa’s condition are worsen. All of them do not know what they should do to make things better. They just hope there will be a donor for hwa, so that hwa can be healthy. Even though the possibility to find a donor is less than 5% but for them, hwa still have a hope. There will be a donor for hwa. They sure of that.

Jiyeon watching all her unnies and hwa from a far. Even though she angry with eunjung and all her unnies as well as hwa, but she can’t denied that she still love them. Watching them cried and sad because of hwa condition, make her sad. This time, she determined to bring back happiness to all her unnies. For her, maybe if hwa can be healthy again, all her unnies will be happy. For her, she no longer needed in that ‘family’. She will sacrifice just to see their happiness. She do not have anything to live for. She have no family nor parents. She also loss her unnies. She left nothing. She is alone again.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Doctor, I want to be a donor for Hwayoung. Ryu Hwayoung.” Jiyeon said in front of the doctor who treat hwa. She will be donor just to make sure hwa can be healthy again and all her unnies can be happy again. For her, all her unnies already forgot about her since they never call her or care about her if she come back home late or didn’t come at home. For her, all her unnies do not love her anymore but their love ship to hwa.

“But who are you to them? I never see you with them?”

“Let just say that im one of their friends.” Jiyeon said with smiling but doctor can sense something different with the smile. Smile that being force to put at her lips. Smile that full of sadness and hurt.

“Okay then, but you will need to pass all the test to see whether you are suitable donor or not.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Doctor, can I have 2 wish before I went to surgery?”

“What is it?If I can help, I will help.” The doctor said with smiling on his face. He look at jiyeon with full of sympathy. He do not know jiyeon but for him, jiyeon’s love towards her friends too big.

“Please, don’t let them know that I’m the donor. Please don’t ask me why doctor.. And.. and.. anything happen during the surgery.. whether there is complication or not.. please..please.. save hwa first. I want she to survive no matter how. don’t mind about my condition, just save her first. Please doctor.. and don’t tell them if I didn’t manage to survive in the operation.. Please doctor.. Please..” Jiyeon said while crying. It hard for her to say this but she must to say it. She just want to save hwa. She do not care about her condition. For her, saving hwa is giving all her unnies happiness. That is enough for her.

“But…”

“Please doctor.. I just hope you can fulfill these two wish.. I don’t have anyone or anything that I can live for. The persons whom I really love leave me. My parents.. My unnies.. I don’t have anyone. Just let hwa live. At least I can give happiness to the persons that I really love and care..Please doctor..Please.. “

“Okay.. But you must stop crying now and be strong. Otherwise it is not good either for you or hwa. We need to do surgery as soon as possible. So, I don’t want you like this.” The doctor said. He pitied for jiyeonbut he can’t do anything. It is jiyeon’s wish. He will try to fulfill it. At least, that is the thing that he can do for jiyeon. Jiyeon smile to the doctor while wipe her tears. Even she hurt and sad, but for her, this is the best.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“I have a good news to all of you.”

“What is the good news doctor? Did hwa got the donor already?” Soyeon ask the doctor. She seem happy when the doctor come to them to tell them he have a good news for them.

“Yes. There already a donor and we will do a surgery in 3 days.”

“But, can we know who is the donor?” Eunjung ask curious to know who the good person who will tobe a donor for hwa.

“Sorry, I can’t disclose the donor’s information. This is her wish. Sorry.”

“Is that so? Okay doctor. Thanks a lot.” Eunjung said to the doctor. Even though she happy but she still curious to know who is the donor. Far from her heart,she really miss jiyeon. Its already been a week since jiyeon disappeared. She want to call jiyeon but she do not know how. She afraid jiyeon still mad at her after she slap her. She really miss jiyeon and hope jiyeon will come to her and they will back to normal again but seems like that will never happen again.

“Eunjung unnie. Are you okay? Why you seems sad? Are you thinking about jiyeon?” Hwa ask eunjung. She notice that eunjung sad face. Eunjung may lied to her with the smile but she know deep in eunjung’s heart, she miss and think about jiyeon. Eunjung just smile at her.

“Hwa, don’t mention her name. We are mad at her. How can she disappeared like that although she know about your condition. She is such a spoilt kid. We shouldn’t pampered her too much. I can’t believe she do this to us. She seems do not respect us as her unnies!” Hyomin said. Angry with jiyeon behavior. All the unnies just smile to hwa. All of them really disappointed with jiyeon but deep in their heart, they really miss jiyeon. Hwa can sense that but she just keep quite. She try to understand the situation

The doctor and the nurse just can listen to their conversation. Its not that they eavesdrop but all of them said that when the doctor and the nurse check hwa’s condition. So, indirectly they will listen to what hwa and her unnies said. The doctor and the nurse just can smile to them. The nurse want to tell them about jiyeon. She want to tell them everything but she must keep it as a secret.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Two weeks later.

“Hwa, how are you feeling now?” The doctor ask hwa.

“Im okay doctor. I feel energetic. I never feel energetic like I am today. Im glad and thankful for the person who be my donor. But doctor, can’t you tell me who is the donor? Or at least tell me, whether I know her or not. Why she want to be donor?”

“Im sorry hwa. Promise is still a promise. I already promise with her that I will never tell you about her. I’m sorry. but now the most important is, you already healthy and that’s also her wish.” The doctor just can smile to hwa. He will not broke her promise.

“Okay doctor. But at least, can you tell me how her condition now? Is she save?”

“I’m sorry hwa. That’s also the donor’s wish. She make me to promise, whatever happen to her, whether she survive or not, she do not let me to tell you all. I’m sorry.” The doctor smile again. How can he tell them about jiyeon. How can he tell them, jiyeon still in critical condition. She still in coma after the surgery. The surgery got a several complication but because of jiyeon wish that want he to make hwa as his first priority, he forced to save hwa first. But as the result, here hwa already wake up and can smile like usual but for jiyeon. She still lying at her bed. Still in critical condition and coma. She may wake but because of she lost her will to live make her condition become worst.

“I wish jiyeon will be here.” Eunjung suddenly said. She can’t hide anymore how miss her towards jiyeon. Even though she happy because hwa already healthy but she can’t deny that she really miss jiyeon.

“Eunjung-ah. Can you stop mentioning about jiyeon? She probably already forgot about us. She never call us! Even when we tried to call her, it went to the mailbox. Its  shows that she already forgot about her. Just forget about her. No need to waste our tears for her. It’s not even worth it!” Qri who is usually a quite person said with a bit high voice. She became sick of jiyeon. Even when hwa went to surgery, jiyeon do not appear. For her, at least jiyeon should appear to give a support but yet nothing. Jiyeon just disappeared like that. Not even care.

“Yah!! you shouldn’t said like that! You never knew what jiyeon have been through! You never knew what have she been done just to make you all smile and happy like this but yet you all keep blaming her. I just can’t keep my mouth shut when you always said something bad about her.. You all just don’t know what she have done to you all. “ The nurse said with tears flows at her cheeks. She just can’t stand anymore upon hearing what they said about jiyeon. She pitied to jiyeon. She have nobody. That’s is why all these while when jiyeon in coma she is the one who take care of jiyeon. She read jiyeon’s diary when jiyeon’s in coma. She know she shouldn’t read it but her curiosity lead her to read the diary. After reading the diary, she know what jiyeon have been through and she really pity for jiyeon. Sometimes she will cried when she look at jiyeon.

“Iu-sshi.. Please, mind your own behavior.” The doctor said try to remind the nurse about the promise. Hwa and all the unnies shock with what the nurse said. Iu just keep crying and run from there. She can’tstand any longer to be there.

“Please forgive her. She is too emotional. Just ignore what she have been saying.” The doctor said, try to calm the situation. He knows all of them shock and seem notice something about their promise and secret.

“But doctor, what she said? Did she know jiyeon? Did you know jiyeon? What she have been through?! Please tell me doctor! I really miss her now. Is anything bad happen to her? Tell me doctor!! Tell me please!” Eunjung shout at the doctor. She cried. Hearing what the nurse said make she think and afraid that something might happen to jiyeon.

“Im sorry. I do not know who is jiyeon. Probably Iu-sshi just in a bad mood and she mistook someone else. Im sorry and please forget about what she have been saying.” The doctor lying to them. He still need to fulfill his promise to jiyeon. With jiyeon condition now, he afraid jiyeon might not survive. At the least, this is the only way for him to help her. Jiyeon make a sacrifice just to make hwa and her unnies happy but if all of them know about jiyeon’s condition, all her sacrifice will be waste.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....

It has been a month since the surgery but jiyeon condition still the same. She still in coma. Iu always be with her, take care of her. She always talk with jiyeon even though she know that jiyeon can’t hear or talk with her. She hope jiyeon will wake up soon eventhough she know the possibility for jiyeon to wake up too less. With jiyeon’s condition now, she might be gone anytime. But she still pray and hope for jiyeon to wake up.

While at the counter of the hospital, eunjung asking the nurse there about Iu. In these two weeks, she always think what have been said by Iu about jiyeon. She want to know what Iu mean.

“Excuse me, did you know where can I find Iu?”

“Iu?”

“Yes..Iu.. She is the nurse here.. She always with doctor Joon.”

“Ooo.. Iu-sshi.. Erm..i think she in room xxx .. She always in that room when she have a free time. She really care about that patience. Poor that girl. I think she been in coma around 1 month but no one come to visit her. What i heard is all the person who she love dumped her. Her condition become worse day by day.” Explain the nurse. She do not know why she said like that to jiyeon. As a nurse she supposedly cannot disclose something like that to the stranger but to eunjung she do not know why she said all those thing.

“Ooo.. Thanks you miss.. “ Eunjung said with smile on her face. She started to scared. When hearing what the nurse said, she afraid that girl is jiyeon. All the things that the nurse said seems tally with jiyeon. Jiyeon disappeared around one month and she also being dumped by her parents. Eunjung can’t think clearly. She hope that girl is not jiyeon. She pray and hope that little girl is not jiyeon.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Eunjung saw from the outside Iu care the patience. Iu blocked the patience’s face. Eunjung hope that girl who is lying in the bed is not jiyeon but little by little her worries seems getting bigger when she saw bear that she gave jiyeon as her first birthday. She know how much that bear means a lot to jiyeon. But still she do not believe and still hope that girl is not jiyeon. She pray hard. But when Iu move from her place, eunjung’s leg become weak. She can’t believe with what she saw. Jiyeon lying in the bed with oxygen mask at . She shocked. She can’t believe with what she saw. She cried.

Iu who suddenly notice eunjung at the outside room, just can watch eunjung cried. She do not know what to do. She know how eunjung feel. She must be hurt when look at jiyeon’s condition. Jiyeon face and body become too skinny. She loss a lot of weight.

Iu went to the door, to take eunjung to see jiyeon. She grab eunjung who already fall at the floor while crying.

“Eunjung-sshi. Let’s come inside. “ Iu tried to comfort eunjung and grab her hand. Eunjung just follow Iu.

“Eunjung-sshi.. I’m sorry because I keep it as a secret. It is jiyeon’s wish. Im sorry eunjung-sshi. I will leave you together with jiyeon. Hope you can be strong and please talk to jiyeon. I think she really miss you. Eventhough she do not said it but I know she really miss you. All she done just for you and her unnies. She want to make you all happy, that is why she make me and the doctor to keep it as a secret. Her condition is not so good. I hope you can make her wake up because she loss her spirit to live. Maybe you can make her to get her spirit back.” Iu said with smile on her face. She hope when eunjung talk with jiyeon, jiyeon will at least wake up.

“Eunjung-sshi, before I forgot. This is her diary. You can know what she feeling before she undergo surgery. She really love all of you.” Iu said while giving jiyeon’s diary to eunjung. Eunjung take it while crying. She can’t stand to see jiyeon like that. Its really hurt her.

“Jiyeon-ah.. Do you know how much I love you?do you know how much I care and miss you? All these while you disappeared, I really miss you. I really miss my little sister.Please wake up soon dear. I promise, I will never abandoning you again. I promise to you but please don’t be sick. Don’t leave me please.” Eunjung still crying hoping that jiyeon will open her eyes. She kiss jiyeon’s cheek. Its cold. Her tears fall at jiyeon’s face. She really sad looking at jiyeon like that.

Slowly, eunjung grab jiyeon’s diary. To read what jiyeon wrote in her diary.

4.10.2011

erm.. I don’t know how to write because this is the first time I write in a diary. I feel sad but I do not know to whom I should share my sadness. I don’t have friends because my world only my unnies. I do not have family nor parents because they dumped me for whatever reason that I don’t know. Now, seems like all my unnies will dumped me also. All of them just care about hwayoung. I know she sick and need a donor to live but sometimes I just feel jealous with her. The attention that I used to get now slowly disappeared. Before she come here, all the unnies will ask me, whether I have eat or not. How my study at school. Why I come back home late and so on but lately all their attention ship to hwa. I feel sad. How can them suddenly ship their attention to someone they barely know. Maybe not for soyeon unni because hwa is soyeon unni cousin. But for the other unnies, how can them ignore me? Why they do not ask meal those thing that they used to ask? Why?Why?

 

2.11.2011

My diary, now I only have you to share my sadness. Today, I shouted at eunjung unni. This is the first time I raised my voice at her. I know she hurt and im regret because shouted at her. I shouldn’t do that but my jealousy take my mind. I can’t think straight. I’m afraid they will dumped me like my parents. I’m afraid to lose them because I really love them more than I love myself.

I regret because shouted at eunjung unni, but what should I do to make things better? I’m afraid to seek forgiveness from her. Im afraid she will not accept it and throw me away from the house. This is not my house. Im just stay here because eunjung unni bring me to stay with her. If she throw me away, where I should live? I don’t have anyone in this world except my unnies. But now, I don’t know whether I still have them or not. Slowly, I become apart from them. I can’t stand it any longer.

 

19.11.2011

My dear diary, today I saw eunjung kiss hwa cheeks. She really care towards hwa. I miss eunjung unni to kiss my cheek and care for me like she usually does. But now she seems do not notice my presence. Before this, wherever I besides her she will notice me but now even though I stand at the door, watching her and hwa, she still do not notice me. Not until hwa notice me.

I said to her, maybe if I sick she will care for me again like she used to be. But suddenly she slap me. I don’t know why she slap me?Is it me who wrong? Is it wrong to be jealous? I really hate eunjung unnie. How come she slap me? Didn’t she know what im feeling? Didn’t she know that I really miss her presence? Didn’t she know that I really miss my unnie??????

 

29.11.2011

Today, I followed all my unnies to the hospital without them knowing it. Even though I’m jealous with hwa but deep in my heart, I still care for her. But the most important is I care for my unnies. From a far, I saw all of them cried and sad with hwa’s condition. At that time, I know, I should do something. I can’t watch my unnies cried. I know they do not love me anymore. I know now they love hwa more. That’s is why I meet the doctor and said to the doctor I want to be a donor for hwa. I want to make all my unnies happy. At least, that’s the only thing I can do for them. I make the doctor promise to me, do not tell my unnies that im the donor and whatever happen when surgery, I ask the doctor to put hwa as his first priority. I want him to save hwa and I ask the doctor to promise to me whatever happen during the surgery, I do not want my unnies know. I want to disappear from their lives quietly. I want to make them happy. That’s all matter for me.

 

Eunjung close jiyeon’s diary. She cried when reading the diary. Its all her fault. She love jiyeon and she supposedly show it. She shouldn’t let jiyeon misunderstood them for all this while. It just make thing worse. She should love jiyeon the way she used to be.

“Jiyeon-ah.. please wake up. It hurt me to see you like this. Please wake up and I promise to you I will cherish you. I will give my full attention to you. I promise I will never dump you. I promise you. Please wake up.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

It have been 2 weeks since eunjung first visit jiyeon. Since that day, everyday eunjung, hyomin, soyeon, qri, boram and hwa will come to hospital to visit jiyeon. Everyday,they pray jiyeon will wake up and smile like she used to be. All of them really miss to see jiyeon’s smile.

 “Jiyeonnie, please wake up dear. Its already 1 months and 2 weeks you sleep. Please wake up and accompany me. I really miss your presence, your laugh. Please jiyeon. You want to see I’m happy right? you should wake up now. I’m not happy seeing you like this.” Eunjung as usual will hold jiyeon hand. Talking to jiyeon and ask jiyeon to open her eyes. Suddenly she feel jiyeon’s finger move a little. She happy and quickly called a doctor. She really happen when she see jiyeon move a bit her finger. She know jiyeon will never leave her. She know jiyeon will wake because she know jiyeon will never make her cry again. She know jiyeon will open her eyes and smile to her. She wants to be the first person jiyeon see when she open her eyes. She can’t wait to see jiyeon to open her eyes.

“Jiyeonnie, can you hear me? Please open your eyes dear.”

Slowly, jiyeon open her eyes. She see eunjung in front of her. Smiling with tears at her face. She really miss that face. She miss to see eunjung’s smile. For her, it is like a miracle for her to survive and all her unnie been there for her. She really miss her unnies. She smile a little but it’s enough to make all her unnies happy and smile also. All of them glad that jiyeon finally wake up from her deep and long sleep. Deepn inside their heart, they wish this will never happen in their life anymore.