Chapter 1

First Love

Title: First Love

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: pg-13

Length: 2,435 Words (1/1)

Genres: Romance, fluff and fluff, coz I’m a er for fluffs

Summary: Chan Yeol thinks that Baek Hyun might be his first love.

 

===

 

 

First love.

 

Secret.

 

Baek Hyun was probably his first love.

 

Baek Hyun was actually his secret.

 

Ironically, it all started simple enough. Classmates. They were classmates and Baek Hyun was brilliant –his smiles, his fingers, his arms, his laughs and his intelligence. Chan Yeol liked it. He liked looking at the boy because he was so boyishly pretty. He was charming. Everyone was easily charmed by him. He was funny, he liked wordplay, he liked making old man’s jokes, stupid puns and he liked laughing too.

 

It was probably love at first sight.

 

He wondered about that sometimes. Because Chan Yeol was a logical person, his gears moved basing on logics, so he questioned things. He questioned his deep fascination with the other male and he couldn’t come up with any concrete reason to justify his fascination. Loophole. There was a loophole in his logic, everything was so frustratingly debatable –his reason, his logic. 

 

Byun Baek Hyun.

 

Sixteen.

 

Hormones.

 

He wondered.

 

He wondered if all that were even related at all with one another.

 

He stared.

 

Again, he stared like he always would any other day, because there was so many things that sixteen year old Chan Yeol could not comprehend.

 

Baek Hyun had thin neck, wide shoulders and puppy thin smiley-lips. He always bit his bottom lips when writing his essay furiously, he always his lips when talking. He liked melon buns, he liked rice, he liked spicy foods and he hated cucumber. They never talk with each other, but Chan Yeol heard Baek Hyun’s voice often enough to memorise his tune anywhere. It was strange. Because Chan Yeol was an extrovert, he loved people, he loved talking, it was weird how he couldn’t muster the courage to just approach the shorter boy.

 

They were classmates. Chan Yeol liked staring and one day, Baek Hyun caught his eyes. He was unyielding, brave, so bold. They did that the whole week in their classes. Staring at each other back and forth and it was unbearable. Because Chan Yeol’s heart was doing somersault in his chest. He just can’t focus in class, at cram school, on the train ride home. They were killing him, this loud noises in his head, the clenching tummy, the cold sweat trailing down his back.

 

Then one day he skipped assembly that Monday morning.

 

No one was around and Chan Yeol wandered around the hallway to get to class with amusement because he had always been a diligent student, a good boy. And it was then that Baek Hyun took him by surprise and pushed him to the utility closet’s door. He was short, but his eyes were sharp. His lips were warm and thin, and Chan Yeol whimpered when Baek Hyun kissed him. Shock can’t even begin to describe what he felt, and Baek Hyun pulled away with an awe expression, eyes glazed and warm.

 

Chan Yeol’s cheeks burned, his head felt light and he whimpered out a pathetic –

 

“That was my first kiss!”

 

Sixteen.

 

He was such a fool.

 

“Oh yeah?” Baek Hyun’s smirk was sinful. Both of them were young, stupid, but hormones were confusing everything with lust. “That was mine too, so that’s that.”

 

Chan Yeol gripped the front of the boy’s uniform and pulled him back.

 

They had their second kiss, their third, fourth and fifth in the span of two minutes.

 

===

 

They kissed a lot. Mostly hidden under staircase of their school or behind the gym after school hours. Baek Hyun liked kissing him, he told Chan Yeol so. He said the tall boy had fluffy lips. He said they tasted like cotton candy because they were so soft and warm. His fingers would trace Chan Yeol’s chin. They would ghost over his jawline, thumb swirling until they reach the tall boy’s ear, thumb and index finger pulling at the lobe until they reached the shell, rubbing them sensually until Chan Yeol was all fire with tingly pleasure.

 

Stupid hormonal boys doing stupid things.

 

They walked back together every day after school. Baek Hyun would drop him off at the cram school. He hated bright sunlight, but Chan Yeol thought that Baek Hyun’s smile probably equalled to its brightness. Chan Yeol was tasked with holding up a pink umbrella over their heads on hot days. Pink. Chan Yeol hated the colour so much, and with this information, Baek Hyun changed most of his things to pink just to mess with his head. Baek Hyun was infuriating, but Chan Yeol just can’t stop kissing him.

 

They talk a lot.

 

They were similar.

 

Conversation was easy to flow between the two of them, bantering was even easier. Baek Hyun was a lot of things. He liked to try new things, liked to venture into new things. Like when they kissed that afternoon in the store room of the school’s gym. His lips were hot when they trailed fire down the skin of the tall boy’s throat. They didn’t do anything more. Both too young to know more. They settled for heavy petting. A lot of touches and Chan Yeol was all the time with the idea of wanting to do more.

 

Stupid hormonal boys doing stupid things.

 

They were still sixteen.

 

But Chan Yeol knew enough that his heart never beat this fast for anyone else, and both of them knew that Baek Hyun never smiled that brightly for anyone else.

 

Sixteen.

 

Spring.

 

Summer.

 

Fall.

 

===

 

It was the summer break when they were seventeen that Chan Yeol finally pushed Baek Hyun to the bed of his messy room. Poster of Darth Vader adorn his wall, his yesterday’s sleeping short was still at the foot his bed. But Baek Hyun didn’t care. He only closed his eyes and panted quietly when Chan Yeol grinded down against him.

 

Just like that.

 

They didn’t venture more.

 

Because both were stupid.

 

And young.

 

He met Jong In that summer too. Baek Hyun introduced them.

 

Jong In was a year younger than them, he was smart, but not as bright as the two of them were. Jong In was everything that Baek Hyun was not. Jong In was dark skinned whereas Baek Hyun was fair. Jong In was quiet while Baek Hyun was loud. Jong In didn’t smile, but Baek Hyun smiled so brightly, the world just lightened up few hundred notches.

 

Chan Yeol didn’t like Jong In, but Baek Hyun adored the other boy.

 

Chan Yeol was painfully aware that he was jealous of the two boys’ interaction and obvious affection for one another. Childhood friends –how the hell was Chan Yeol supposed to compete with that?

 

But the only person Baek Hyun ever kissed was Chan Yeol. So he was pretty content with just that.

 

===

 

Chan Yeol was basically dying in the summer’s heat.

 

Baek Hyun said that he was being dramatic about it. Because while Chan Yeol was suffering through the heat, Byun Baek Hyun was flourishing. He’d always liked summer the best. He couldn’t stand the cold well. That was how Chan Yeol finally got to hold his hand last winter when there were only the two of them that night.

 

They liked walking with each other on school nights. Baek Hyun liked holding his hand, and Chan Yeol was dying from the way his cheeks burn and his heart screaming in crazed staccato beats whenever the shorter boy sneaked a kiss or two.

 

“You’re so pretty, Chan Yeol-ah.” Baek Hyun would tell him.

 

“Stop saying embarrassing things, Baek Hyun-ah.” Chan Yeol would retort.

 

Because it was preposterous.

 

Him?

 

Pretty?

 

If he was pretty, then Baek Hyun would probably be divine. What else was there to it?

 

“Wanna know my secret, Chan Yeol?” Baek Hyun asked one night.

 

Summer was ending fast. They’ve submitted their career form to their teachers long ago and soon, both will struggle with the university entrance exams. Everything now was green and hot. Under the darkness of the night sky, the streetlamps were their witness, their company. Orange coloured the two boys, streets empty of cars and people, and the bench of the park was cool under them. Baek Hyun was still holding his hand. Small palm and pretty fingers warm.

 

“What?” Chan Yeol asked.

 

The other boy was staring ahead, to the row of trees. Greying pebbled ground cold under the sole of their shoes. It was quiet.

 

“You’re my secret.” Baek Hyun said. He tilted his head as he scanned the boy’s side profile. Pudgy face now starting to define with them growing older.

 

“How so?” He asked again.

 

“Because you are everything that I ever dream of.” Baek Hyun smiled. “You’re so pretty Chan Yeol, you make me want to do things that I never thought I wanted before. Decisions I would never dare to even consider.” Chan Yeol’s cheeks burned even hotter than the summer night and he looked away. There was nothing even remotely attractive about trees, he thought. Brown branches flourishing with green leafs. “When I’m with you, I feel like I can be an . When I’m with you, I think I can fly. Soar. You make me feel good, Chan Yeol. When we talk, when we walk together, when we hold hand, when we kiss.”

 

Baek Hyun didn’t say it when he turned to look at the taller boy. Eyes soft and bright. But the words rang loudly in the silence. Because Chan Yeol was thinking about it too.

 

I think you might be my first love.

 

===

 

It was spring when they graduated high school. They were eighteen. Everything was pink and blue. Chan Yeol’s sister took a leave especially for this day, and they visited their parents’ grave that evening. White chrysanthemums placed in a glass vase. His sister cried. She wished that their parents can see how handsome Chan Yeol was turning into, how tall he was becoming. Chan Yeol didn’t cry. But his eyes felt hot and wet.

 

His mom’s wedding ring fit his sister’s finger prettily, whereas his dad’s was too small for him, so he kept them in a small envelope in his wallet.

 

When he walked with Baek Hyun that night, the other boy had worn black sweater and grey skinny jeans. His fingers were cold, because he hated the weather. The park was empty, the pebbled ground was cold under his feet when Chan Yeol knelt in front of him.

 

“Marry me, Baek Hyun-ah.” He proposed.

 

Baek Hyun’s eyes were wide when he asked that. Chan Yeol had worn his dad’s old green sweater and his own ripped light blue skinny jeans. It was the five most torturous minutes of silence in his life.

 

“Chan Yeol,” Baek Hyun said finally. He felt like the very air left the atmosphere, because he can’t breathe. His head was turning blank. He was going crazy. “That’s not how relationships work. You’re supposed to ask me out first before asking me to marry you.”

 

His heart was beating madly. His tummy was cramping up and he thought that he can tumble down from his kneeling position easily just like that and die.

 

“Huh?” He asked stupidly despite graduating at number four of their year.

 

“We’re not even dating, stupid.”

 

“So is that a no then?”

 

Nothing made sense anymore. Why was Baek Hyun grinning if he was about to reject him?

 

“No, of course it’s a yes.”

 

“Baek Hyun, I’m confused.”

 

Baek Hyun didn’t answer him. Instead, he knelt in front of him and cupped his thin fingers around Chan Yeol’s jawline and pulled him into a kiss.  

 

Baek Hyun was supposed to go into engineering, but he changed his decision. Both of them were going to the same university, the same course.

 

===

 

There were many things that Chan Yeol didn’t expect to develop in years to come. Like how his feelings only grew deeper and deeper for Baek Hyun despite the duration of time they were together. Waking up next to each other, counting down side by side to welcome a new year. He was happy. He was in love. His hand was forever tight around Baek Hyun’s own. He will not let go.

 

First love.

 

He wondered if they were still each other’s secret after all this time?

 

Twenty three.

 

Twenty four.

 

Twenty five.

 

Then there was Jong In. Watching Jong In fell in love was weird, stranger even when the other person was a blank Do Kyung Soo. They made it work. They were strange, and for a long time, the four of them together was just perfect. But Kyung Soo was twenty six when they broke off after his parents found out about it. There was so much on the line especially when Kyung Soo was in the family business. Jong In decided to let go.

 

Baek Hyun was devastated when Jong In stopped talking at all after that.

 

He supposed it was then that he applied for a transfer to California. Another branch of the firm he was attached with. Baek Hyun was shocked, he looked as if he was about to break down. But he only smiled when Chan Yeol took his hand when he knelt next to their bed that night. Baek Hyun looked small in the darkness of the night, sitting at the edge of the bed still in his working attire.

 

They were twenty six that year.

 

“Marry me, Baek Hyun-ah.” He said, lips brushing against the hard protruded knuckle. His dad’s wedding ring fit perfectly around Baek Hyun’s fair ring finger.

 

“I thought I’ve already said yes years ago.” Baek Hyun’s voice was soft.

 

“Once they approve my transfer, I want to marry you for real over there.” Chan Yeol told him. “I’m not going to let you go, and I will not let you go in the future too.”

 

“What a romantic.” Baek Hyun laughed. Chan Yeol looked up to see wet eyes.

 

“Is that a no?” He asked. His voice was shaking. He felt chocked. Emotions were driving him crazy.  

 

Baek Hyun knelt in front of him, pulling his hand away and wrapped them around Chan Yeol’s neck. They didn’t kiss. But Baek Hyun cried.  

 

“You know, Chan Yeol.” Baek Hyun’s words were broken, his sobbing was breaking Chan Yeol’s heart. “I think you might be my first love.”

 

It was spring and they were twenty eight when they finally did it.

 

First love.

 

First love.

 

He wondered if first love always ended as blissfully as his did. If so, Chan Yeol thought that even if he was reborn a hundred times after this, he didn’t mind stopping at just his first love.

 

-End-

 

a/n: There! Done! Finally. I have few more I would like to post, but I think I'll hold on to that first? lol I don't want to be seen too greedy though, ahaks. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I know it's 2 days too late, but yehawwww. 

So, like, I warned y'all before, this fic is just pure fluff. I mean, it's the new year after all, we can't kickstart it with hardcore stuff, that would be just improper ;) This fic is a little light, focused on how their relationship develop throughout the years from high school to adulthood. I think I'd rather like the pace, though, but that's just me! Will upload a new one in a week? Two? A month?? We'll see XD

So, how was it? Okay? Nay? Just drop me a comment or two and lemme know! XD

-bluecoins