Wonshik and Hakyeon

Wonshik and Hakyeon

It was snowing softly, the air cold but clear, the cold biting into his skin. Everything was tinted in beautiful lights, blue, red, yellow, white. The smell of hot chocolate, gingerbread, cotton candy and roasted almonds surrounded them.

It was nice to be on vacation for once, far away from Korea, being able to walk through the streets without being followed the whole time. Just him and his boyfriend, alone on a Christmas market in Germany, he was sure he was the happiest man on earth in that very moment.

Wonshik squeezed his boyfriend’s hand gently, not bothered by the cold that bit his fingers, nose and cheeks.

A short look to the man next to him, made him smile. Hakyeon was wearing a long, warm coat, his cheeks were almost invisible due to the thick scarf wrapped around his neck and the fabric of his gloves felt soft against Wonshik’s own fingers. The gingerbread heart that was around Hakyeon's neck saying “beauty” looked slightly out of place, but it made Wonshik grin like an idiot, one hand touching his own that said “my prince”.

 

“Hey, can we get cotton candy?” Hakyeon's sudden question pulled him out of his thoughts, as he was already leading the way to the booth to buy some. Before Wonshik could even think of answering, Hakyeon was already paying for the cotton candy.

 

Wonshik smiled, thanked the lady and turned to his already cotton candy-eating boyfriend.

 

“Yes, we can get cotton candy,” he answered belatedly with a chuckle. Hakyeon grinned, the pink cotton candy poking out of his mouth. Wonshik resisted the urge to lean in and kiss the man, they were in public after all even if it wasn’t Korea.


 

Walking hand in hand through the night, Wonshik suddenly heard music playing. A small group of street musicians were playing an up-beat song and the closer they got, the more he had to fight the urge to dance. Hakyeon had just finished his cotton candy and Wonshik could feel his boyfriend moving slightly to the rhythm.

They stopped in front of the band, watching them play for a moment until Wonshik couldn't stop himself and started to dance. Carefully at first, but with every passing second he got more into it, not caring about what the other people thought of him. He danced on his own for a few moments before he reached out, grabbed his boyfriend’s hand and dragged him to dance with him. Hakyeon was laughing loudly and after the first second of shyness he actually danced along with Wonshik.

They didn't care about the people around them, they didn't care that they were pulling attention toward them and they didn't care that someone started to film them. They just cared about each other, about being with the other, about the intimate moment of dancing through the snow, about laughing together, about loving each other, about being happy.

In that moment they weren't Ravi and N of VIXX, they were just Wonshik and Hakyeon, two guys in love enjoying their vacation.