A Small Prayer

A Small Prayer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please dear God.

 

 

Please grant me this one wish.

 

 

 

 

"Jungyeonie~" she calls me lovingly with the sweetest voice I've heard in my entire life.

 

 

 

 

Why?

 

 

 

 

Why me?

 

_______

 

 

 

 

 

 

Love?

 

 

That's just greed.

 

 

Almost the same with being selfish.

 

 

 

It's a selfish greed that's what it is.

 

 

"Nayeonie, I said we should go grab salmon on the way home."

 

 

"Ah, right right. Okay okay." Ugh. She caught me staring for the nth time.

 

 

Why do you have to be so attractive Yoo Jungyeon?!

 

 

Although I myself am the beautiful ,bright and talented idol of jype's new girl group Twice, Im Nayeon. Keke~

 

 

And this idiot with me is my bestfriend. Well she's been with me as a trainee in jype for almost 6 years already along with Jihyo who isn't with us at the moment..I'm glad to be able to debut as Twice with her .

 

 

I mean Jihyo is also my bestfriend...and I treat every member as if they are my little sisters...but Jungyeonie is different...

 

 

Special? Yeah. Maybe...I don't know... I just can't live without Yoo Jungyeon...

but we're good as we are now. She cares about me as I do for her and that's just it.

We like to keep it simple.

 

 

 

 

But why does my heart ache thinking about it...?

 

 

 

 

 

I was cut off my thoughts when she started speaking.

 

 

 

"Moguri and Daguri told me everyone wants to eat salmon tonight so..." she says while smiling and takes another bite of her ice cream.

 

 

"Or more like you three want to eat it." I smirked. I'm glad she didn't forget she has ice cream in and shook her head.

 

 

 

I let out a chuckle. Her expressions are always so exaggerated and its funny.

 

 

She hurriedly finishes the ice cream in and started defending herself.

 

 

"That's not true! We even took a vote!"

 

 

"Then why wasn't I included nor informed of this voting?"

 

 

"Because I voted on your behalf." She proudly says.

 

 

"Wow Yoo Jungyeon. Since when did you become my spokesperson?" I raised an eyebrow and leaving the spoon on my empty ice cream cup, I crossed my arms.

 

She suddenly went close (TOO CLOSE) to my face.

 

 

"Since forever Nayeonie."

 

 

Srsly her face is too close...and I got lost in her small eyes..her perfect nose...and there's her thin lips with the same smug smile she always puts on...

 

 

"AH! AH! NAGGHHP I HUR I HUR!" she groans as I pinch her nose.

 I laughed and finally let go.

 

 

"Nayeonie is so mean." she says dramatically while touching the part where I pinched her.

 

 

I let out a tongue. "Says you. Let's go."

 

 

"Ahh , wait I'm almost done!" she says and tries to finish her dessert.

 

 

"That's why I told you not to have seconds, you'll get cavities...and fat."

 

She takes a bite of her last spoonful of chocolate ice cream. "Ishh oke I'll ekshershaysh!"

 

 

"Yah. Yoo Jungyeonssi, how many times do I have to tell you; Don't talk when your mouth is full."

 

 

She only smiles with her eyes and shrugs her shoulders repeatedly.

 

 

Can someone tell me where to buy that 'I'm With Stupid' shirt? I think I'm required to wear one right now...

 

 

'...but despite her stupid antics..."

 

 

"Let's go." She grabs her coat from her seat and stands up as I do too.

 

 

'her weirdness...'

 

 

She suddely puts her coat on my back . "Oh here! You forgot your coat in the studio right?"

 

 

I remove it and gave it back to her. "No. I'm fine. You'll get cold."

 

 

'her sometimes-not-funny-jokes'

 

 

She puts the coat back on to me.

 

 

"It's okay. It's not that cold for me anyway. I have a jacket on too so don't argue with me Nayeonie. "

 

 

'...she's actually really kind-hearted, reliable and caring...'

 

 

"Ah. Whatever you say. Let's go."

 

 

I stood up and linked our arms like always then walked out of the cafe.

 

 

 

Maybe I'll be able to dwelve more in this feelings that I have in the future.

 

 

After fulfilling our dreams.

 

 

 

Maybe I'll be able to tell her what she is to me...

 

 

and probably,

 

 

what I am to her.

 

 

 

I promised to myself.

 

 

 

I'll definitely tell her.

 

 

 

Tell her what Nayeonie?

 

 

 

 

Of course.

 

 

 

The most selfish thing.

 

 

 

 

 

_______

 

 

 

I set out to the light and walked past people flooding on the streets.

 

 

I only wanted to see her as of this moment.

 

 

 

'Nayeonunnie, wait for me.'

 

 

 

I mutter to myself.

 

 

No one spared a glance as I walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked.

 

 

It didn't matter.

 

 

 

It's only her eyes on me that I need.

 

 

 

 

The Im residence.

 

 

Of course I'd head here.

 

 

 

She won't be at the dorm these days.

 

 

 

 

'Nayeonunnie's house.'

 

 

I mutter again before letting myself in.

 

 

 

 

I need to tell you. I need you to hear.

 

 

 

 

Please God, help me tell her.

 

 

 

 

_______

 

 

 

I smile as Nayeonunnie linked our arms together.

 

 

Isn't it weird?

 

 

 

That Nayeonunnie's smile seemed prettier than any other idol I've seen?

 

 

That I can't live a day without teasing her, seeing her angry expression, then we'll have a mock fight afterwards only to laugh about it later on.

 

 

That, I , Yoo Jungyeon is—

 

 

"Let's head to the market." she says sweetly cutting me off my thoughts.

 

 

"I thought you were copying Tzuyu for a second there." I joked and she chuckles and rolls her eyes.

 

 

"Idiot. Let's just go." she drags me with one hand. I could only smile as I let her pull me.

 

 

 

This hand.

 

 

 

Her hand.

 

 

 

 

Her.

 

 

 

 

 

I will always long for this warmth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This feeling I have for her.

 

 

 

Right.

 

 

 

Definitely weird.

 

 

 

 

But I don't think I should tell her...

 

 

 

 

 

for now...

 

 

 

 

but I promise , someday I will.

 

 

 

 

________

 

 

 

'Nayeonie.' I said as I saw her still asleep on her bed. I look around her room and saw our picture by the bedside table which made me smile. I sat by the bed beside her.

 

I stare at her beautiful face waiting for her to wake up.

Her face never changes. It looked like it was carved by the heavens. It sent me a warm feeling everytime. I just felt like every problem I have disappeared whenever I saw this face.

 

 

'Mmm...' she mumbles and stretches.

 

 

Her eyes open and she yawned. It's still the cutest thing ever.

 

She sighs and smiles. "Good morning Jungyeonie." she says before closing her eyes again.

 

 

'Good morning Nayeonie. Wakey-wakey.' I whisper to her .

 

She jerks up from the bed. "What time is it?! Oh god I'm late!" she says irritated and immediately gets out of bed then runs to her closet then to the bathroom.

 

She must have forgotten to set the alarm again. She always did.

 

 

I let out a laugh.

 

 

She comes back after a while when her phone rang. She's dressed up and finished tying her hair before picking up the call.

 

 

"Hello Jihyoyah..... Yes..... I'm on the way... Yes... My bad... Don't worry , I'll make it in time..."

she says talking to her phone on one hand and grabbing her bag by the other as she proceeds to walk out of the room and I followed suit.

 

 

 

 

______

 

 

"Do you think these are enough?" she says holding out the paper bag with everything we bought.

 

 

 

 

"More than enough?" I shrugged.

 

 

 

 

She snorts. "Aigoo. What a useful shopping partner."

 

 

 

"Why thank you." I smirked earning me a slap on my shoulder.

 

 

"Ow~ What a violent unnie."

 

 

 

"Let's just go home. I want to eat dinner already. It smells great." She smells the cooked fish once more. It did smell appetizing from my spot.

 

 

 

We linked arms again as we strolled the streets of Seoul's downtown ready to head back to the dorm.

 

 

 

The lights of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter