Chapter one

Because you're my daughter's father

 

“Kim Han bin!” I yelled. I grabbed his arm, “I want an explanation.” I demanded. His cold eye glance pierced through me, “she is waiting for me.” He replied heartlessly. Han Bin slammed the door, and our wedding photograph thrashed onto the floor.

 

My knees went weak, I fell onto the ground overwhelmed. Shocked, my tears flowed down uncontrollably. “Han Bin…?” I called weakly. I looked at the door, “this isn’t funny, open the door and tell me it is untrue.” I mutter hopelessly.

 

I cried and picked up the shredded photograph frame on the floor. My tears rolled down my eyes, sorrow droplets splashes the wooden ground. I choked, as I tried to stop myself from tearing for that heartless man. My hands trace against the crumpled photograph and broke down. I howled, “you heartless man.”

 

The tragedy started during the beginning of the year when both my husband and I have decided to move to this new environment. He embraced my waist tightly, “this is going to be our new home. I can’t wait for it to start. I want to expand our family size.” He exclaimed with excitement. I glanced at him, gazing at his side view. “I will always fight along with you honey,” I promised.

 

The brand new adventure started with a bright and sunny morning. I woke up and traced his bicep while he was asleep. “My dream has finally come through. This is what I have been striving for. The money saved, time invested and trusting the man of my life.” I thought in blessed. Out of the sudden, he turned and hugged me in his arms. “Good morning honey.” He pecked my forehead.

I tied his tie and caresses his cheek. “Today will be a fantastic day, you will adapt well to the new environment,” I said in confident. He sneaked his hands around my waist, “thank you.” He let out a soft smile. He kissed my lips.

Hanbin went to his new workplace, new office and sat down in his armchair. A sudden knock hits the door, “welcome to I.KON enterprise, Manager Kim Hanbin.” His partner, Ms Jisoo greets in a seducing manner. “I have been waiting for you to jump over to this company.” She carried on. Jisoo places the cup of black coffee on his table, “your favourite. Let’s start to work well together like how we used too.” She whispered.

 

I process on to our little booth, I pull up the metal gate and dragged out the counter. “Good morning, Mrs Kim.” The staff greets. I smiled back, “let’s work hard together today.” I cheered. At night, he twirled my hair and observed my face. Slowly, he captured my hands in his, “let’s always live on together happily.” He said with determination. “No matter what happened, we should hold onto each other tightly.” He mumbled.