Final

From Cupcakes to Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol POV

      "Can't we just go to the coffee shop? You know that I absolutely hate sweets!" I groaned. My best friend Kim Jongin was pulling me by my coat, dragging me to his choice of destination. He adamantly shook his head, determined with his plan.

      "Park Chanyeol, you cannot continue to live this way. You aren't human if you don't like cupcakes," he sternly replied, refusing to let me go. "And this is my sister's shop we are talking about. Taeyeon noona would be so offended if she found out that someone refused to go to her bakery. Everyone loves the place and she pours her heart into everything! Even the employees are considerate!" he explained for about the hundreth time. I rolled my eyes, and as if Jongin could see, he stopped and turned towards me, his eyes in slits.

      "I wouldn't have to tell you so many times if you actually listened. Now come on, we're getting you a cupcake, whether you like it or not. But I know that this time, you'll love it," he finished off, pulling me harshly towards the store. I looked up at the store, observing it's decoration. It was modest, with a sign that said 'Cupcake Delights' in light pink and yellow lettering. Clear windows that ran from the ceiling to the floor were installed, allowing customers to see all the activity inside. A lady with light blonde hair tied into two braids was at the counter, smiling while handing a couple a bag full of sweet treats. Behind her stood a man with brown hair, but only his back was visible.

      "Let's go in," Jongin instructed, opening the door. The creaking of the door was accompanied by a cheerful jingle of bells.

      "Jongin! You came! Is this your friend....Chanyeol?" Taeyeon asked my friend, and he nodded.

      "Yes, this is Chanyeol! He's come here to try some of your creations, as well as Baekhyun's," he explained. Who's Baekhyun? I wondered, but my wonderings only lasted a while for at the call of his name, the man behind Taeyeon turned around and smiled. Ahh, that's who he is. 

      The man was very pretty, and I wasn't going to scold myself for thinking so right away. Who could deny that? His eyes were crinkled and his lips were curled up into a pleasant smile. His hair fell softly on the sides of his face and his cheeks appeared to be soft. He was wearing a flowery blue collared shirt and white slacks accompanied by a pastel pink apron. He looks like a fairy, I thought to myself, letting my eyes rake over his figure. My thoughts were interrupted when the boy decided to speak.

      "What would you like to order?" he asked, smiling again. I looked up, startled, and met with his large brown eyes. His voice is pretty too.

      "Um, well, you see, I don't really like sweets, if you know what I mean," I rattled, fumbling over my words. Wait, why am I nervous? Thankfully, Jongin suspected my stuterring as a desire to not eat anything rather than being nervousness.

      "I don't know what to do with this kid, Baek. He says he doesn't like sweets! Please give him something that'll blow his mind. Your baking is one of the best I've tasted," Jongin requested, putting his hands together as though he was begging. Baekhyun slowly nodded, looking back and forth between the two of us.

      "Um, okay! I'll try my best to make something you'll like," he squeaked, running off into the back kitchen. Is he shy?

      "Ah, Baek is such a sweetheart. He's so small and quiet but he's brilliant in the kitchen. It's a wonder my sister got a great catch like him," Jongin trailed off, sighing with relief. "Let's have a seat."

      I stretched out my legs and played with my fingers. Jongin was ranting about his love interest, Kyungsoo, and I could honestly do without such silly talk. I never heard of such an obsession, but Jongin tells me that it's only a matter of time before I experience the same feelings as him. I instead chose to look at the counter, where Baekhyun was standing. He had a small cupcake in one hand and in the other hand, he had a frosting tube. His eyes were focused on the intricate decorations he was making and his tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth in pure concentration. Despite his focus, his eyes were sparkling with a happiness I haven't seen in many people. He looked like he was doing something he truly enjoyed. Must be nice to do what he's passionate about.

      He suddenly started walking over to our table, making Jongin finally stop talking. Baekhyun bit his lips shyly before placing the cupcake on our table. The cake was looked light and fluffy, as well as the frosting. He drew blue and pink flowers all around, and they looked so beautiful that I didn't want to eat it. How could one possibly destroy such a creation. But with both Jongin and Baekhyun looking expectantly at me, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to try. It was a small cupcake after all.

      "I made it with a lighter recipe so hopefully it isn't too sweet for you. I also made different frostings so that it wouldn't be too rich," Baekhyun quietly explained, glancing at me briefly. He did all of that for me?

      "Ah, you didn't have to. I'll eat it though, don't worry," I assured him, grabbing the baked treat. I hesitated, but Baekhyun looked at me again with those darn eyes, so I took a bite, letting my teeth sink in. I didn't expect much, but when the blend of cake and frosting touched my tongue, I froze in place, my eyes widening. Just like Baekhyun, it was soft and light, the sweetness not too overwhelming. Like coffee, it had a bit of bitterness to it, but a calming sweetness laced it. Jongin looked expectantly at me.

      "How is it?" he asked, smiling widely. I gulped before looking up to him.

      "J-jesus.....that...that was simply amazing," I breathed out before hurriedly shoving the rest of the treat into my mouth. I paused to appreciate the gentle taste behind every bite. Jongin started to laugh like a maniac while Baekhyun only stood there in confusion. Jongin latched onto Baekhyun, hugging him tightly.

      "You've converted the devil! He's finally experienced the happiness of sugar and cupcakes! Gosh, you really are something Baek," he praised him, jumping up and down. Shyly, Baekhyun laughed.

      "Ah, thank you. I'm glad that you like it!" he told me, then smiling a bit wider. His smile then turned into a giggle.

      "What's wrong?" I asked, shocked by his sudden outburst of laughter. Tears rolled down from his eyes as he shook from laughter.

      "Hey, what's wrong? Are you that surprised?" I asked him, starting to laugh myself. His voice was music to my ears and I couldn't help but want to join him in laughter. Baekhyun just shook his head.

      "Oh n-no, it's nothing," he replied, still laughing. "It's just that you have cream on your chin!" he revealed, making me rub my chin with a napkin out of embarassment. My cheeks flushed and I ducked my head, ashamed of my over excitement in consumption.

      "Wow, what a day. I wish I could stay here longer to celebrate but I have plans with Kyungsoo. See you later, Yeol!" Jongin greeted. Of course he had plans with Kyungsoo. Those two could barely be separated. I'm still surprised that they aren't dating yet.

      "Alright, fine. Bye Jongin!" I shouted back as he ran out of the shop. He's the one who brings me here but then leaves me here, I grumbled internally. I was so caught up with grumbling that I almost forgot that Baekhyun was still standing next to me. He reverted back to his soft smile and shy glance, making everything awkward once more.

      "Um, I'll go bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter