Burnt out.

Hallow Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The warm glow of light from torched candles. Sweet flowery scent dancing with the faint smoke. Melted wax in a puddle. 

I watched as the candle burns itself out. 

My breath tickles the flame, it shy away from me everytime I get close. I laughed in my throat and blow on it once. It backs away further this time, but still alive. 

I counted the ticking of the clock before it eats itself up. 

"Jongin" I whispered and watch the flame dance a little "come."

I turn my back to face the figure sitting on the couch, fingers pressing on a screen, and face illuminating white in the dark of a room. He hums and slid his finger across the screen, through letters in grey bubbles. 

He's not going to come, I knew, and I just continue to watch the wick burning in black, specks of it's remains floating on top of the puddle. 

ten, thirty, a hundred, two thousand...

The clock ticks it's long and thin hand, in seconds. 

ten thousand and eight hundred.

it took. 

The flame dances one last time and disappear into the air, a last smolder accompany it's death, and a mouth full of river carrying it's carcass. 

"Jongin?" I turned my back again, this time to a body with his back on the couch, snoring.

"You burn to feed the ectasy of others, only to eat yourself out one day" I said in the stillness of the room "it's so you, Jongin."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter