Her Diary

Diary Of Letters [One-Shot]

2nd Feb, 1998

Dear Diary,

Hello! Today, I met a small boy! His name is Kevin Woo Sunghyun! He's my new playmate! Mummy told me we used to be friends when we were only 1 and half years old! How nice! :) I guess he must have been a really close friend, because when he saw me, he gave me a really carebear-ish hug! I loved it! It felt like we hadn't met since forever! Mummy's calling for dinner! See you!

Love,

Ree.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

14th July, 1998

Dear Diary,

I met up with Kevin again today. He’s my new best friend! Guess what? I never knew, but we used to be childhood friends! Although it’s weird saying this at the age of 4, I don’t think it is, since we never met again till this year. It was fortunate (I used an adult word!) that Kevin even got to come back to Korea! He was supposed to stay in San Francisco for the rest of his life! Well, thanks to me moving back to Korea and his sleepy mode (Depression, Mummy says), he's back!
 Kevin's here to visit for Dinner, so I'm off! Anneong!

Love,

Ree.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

26 April, 2001

Dear Diary,

I'm new in school. Kevin is in the same grade as me. He asked me to call him Oppa, when he's younger. I'm older by at least 10days! The kids in school bully me. They said that i was dumb to be friends with Kevin. I don't know why, but Kevin defended me. He pushed the other kids away, and wiped my tears off. When he came close to me, i felt booming sounds. Was it an earthquake? Or the usual thunder every night? I'm not sure.

Love,

Ree.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

15 November, 2004

Dear Diary,

Today is my birthday. (A/N: I used mine, so just assume that the date in 2004 is your birthday!) Kevin promised to celebrate, but he never showed up... My friends said that he was tutoring Jeena, a pretty, popular girl from our class. Maybe he didn't want to be friends with a loser like me? If so, i don't understand why i chose him over the popularity these three years. What disappointed me most, was that i saw him passing a gift to Jeena. No, it wasn't her birthday. Hers was tomorrow, which was a Saturday, and everyone gave her gifts today. I only received one from my other friend, ChoHee. I hate Kevin, but why do i still hear the banging sounds when Kevin comes near? I don't want to die with a disease so early. 

Love,

Ree.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

16 November, 2004

Dear Diary,

Kevin came . He didn't apologize. He gave me a pretty pink necklace. I like pink. He's the only one that knows. Mummy doesn't know. She thinks i like purple. I'm officially 10 years old. Yay. I'm not that happy. Today is Jeena's birthday. Kevin brought me over to her house to wish her happy birthday. She stared at me hard. She also glared at me and Kevin's entwined fingers. We're best friends, holding hands is fine, right? Kevin could have just gave her the gift today, instead of yesterday and not wishing me happy birthday. He wished me Happy Birthday late. I feel really sad. There's this really hard punching feeling at my chest. Mrs Lim said it was where my heart was located. Am I dying? Please tell me what to do!

Love,

Ree.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8th August, 2008

Dear Diary,

Hello again. I'm getting more and more emotionless, aren't i? Haha. Guess what? I found out about the throbbing pain in my chest. Mum told me. It's called love. Really, Kevin Woo, of all the people out there? I really don't want this. I don't deserve to get all this pain, do i? I saw him with Jeena today. She linked arms with him, smiling all the way. But now, he's right beside me, in my room, studying. I had finish what he was doing a an hour ago. He looks up at me, lowering his head. I tucked you possesively under my arms. I couldn't let him see this. No...

Love,

Ree.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

25 November, 2011

Dear Diary,

Today is Kevin's 16th Birthday. He said he's celebrating it. Aww. I... I found out it was with Jeena. They're quite close. Me and Kevin are drifting further apart. Jeena talked to me yesterday. She told me to get out of Kevin's life and get myself my own one. Am i too sticky? She slapped me, and she made a deep scar on my left cheek. It hurts. So today, i refused to go to school with Kevin. I didn't talk to him. I never smiled. I was afraid. I put on light make-up today. I wonder if he'll notice? I mean, Jeena puts on so much, maybe he'll just pass me off as looking fairer for the day. It always happens. I found out something. Mum and Dad are really worried. I'm being taken to the hospital. They said i had internal bleeding. The doctor said something to my parents that made them so much nicer to me. Not that they never used to be. I really think i'm dying. I have a disease. It's not normal, i heard them say. There are so many things i want to say to Kevin Woo. They're all piling up in my heart like millions of stones. I can't get them off. I'll just write them down here.

My heart that has wings is flying across the night sky.

I can't seem to stop that feeling that grows on my heart.

It's getting too big for me to cope. I can't breath.

If we can't be lovers, we can't be friends either, right? That hurts me...

Smile forever, my smiling Angel.

Just to tell you... I love you.

<3 Love,

Ree.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________