7 Minutes In Heaven1

7 Minutes In Heaven

    “What is she doing here?” The whispers began around the room and grew louder and louder. “This is a party, that girl never comes to these kinds of party,” someone whispered. “Is she lost?” Another person asked. “Maybe she wanted to try something,” a man said and winked making the other people laugh. “Don’t be stupid, what business would she have here,” a girl's voice spoke. “Just leave her alone guys,” a familiar voice spoke.

    “Can you keep it quiet. I’m trying to study,” the words fell out of in an irritated tone.

    “But there’s no music. We haven’t even started yet,” he spoke in his devilish charming voice as he wrapped his arms around her.

    “I don’t care, I could hear the stomping of feet from below. Remember Kunpimook Bhuwakul, this is an apartment duplex and we have to follow the apartment rules. I swear, if I hear anything that will annoy me or disturb me from my study, I’m calling the manager. I don’t understand what’s so amazing about these stupid parties,” she sighed and continued, “Just keep it down.” And with those words she began out of the charming boys apartment.

    “Wait! Why don’t you stay?” He shouted after her. “You said you didn’t understand the hype of parties so stay. I’ll show you.” An evil grin spread across his face as he approached her and wrapped his arms around her shoulder. “Let us show you.” With an unamused and irritated face, she hesitantly agreed and sat on the open sofa seat.

“You have 30 minutes, impress me,” she spoke as she crossed her legs. Kunpimook, or as his friends called him Bambam, raised his eyebrows in amusement and began gathering his friends together around the sofa in which she sat. Bambam looked at the girl to see her facial expression and unamusement displayed itself upon her face as she looked down at her watch. He felt a little panicked and suggested a game.

“Let’s play seven minutes in heaven,” he suggested as some of his friends groaned and some were intrigued. They wondered how the nerd would take this game. Bambam’s eyes went to her and she still sat there looking down at her watch. He started to feel a little panicked but inwardly calmed himself down; he had plenty of time.

As the hat was handed around, the names were dropped inside one by one and circled back around to the host. “Is that everyone?” he asked as his eyes laid on his special guest.

“You just lost 10 minutes,” she spoke as she continuously tapped her watch. He sighed and rolled his eyes as he tried to convince her to loosen up a little. “Loosen up? I’m wasting my 30 minutes here when I could’ve been studying. Keep it moving ‘Bambam’,” she said his name in a sarcastic tone. He sighed again and as the host thought maybe she should pick first sense she was so impatient.

“Fine, if you can’t wait, pick a name from the hat,” he said slyly and outstretched his arms to offer her the hat. She looked up at him, rolled her eyes and picked a name. “Read it,” he said and it seemed as though she froze. “Who is it?” he asked being the voice for every person in that room.

“I knew this was stupid,” she said under her breath and stood up from her seat. “I don’t have time for this,” she added out loud trying to make her escape.

“Woah, hey there. I made my part of the deal, it’s your turn,” Bambam spoke as he took her wrist in his hand. She didn’t look at him, instead her head bowed and she said the name in a low voice. “Who?” he asked as everyone moved in closer. She spoke again but still no one could hear her small voice.

“Who the heck is it?!” someone shouted annoyed by her small voice.

“Bambam okay!” she shouted annoyed. “I’d rather not get into a small closet with you though,” she said quickly and tried to leave again but she had forgotten that he had a good grip on her.

“No, we’re going in that closet,” Bambam said and began dragging her. His group of friends whistled and wowed at his actions only to be shot down by her glares. “Everyone else, have fun, don’t be listening to us,” Bambam added seriously and his friends just grinned a devilish smile.

“Kunpimook! Let me go!” she shouted as she tried prying his hand off.

“No, I’m not going to. You want me to impress you, then I’ll impress you,” he whispered into her ear as he pulled her inside the closet. He let her wrist go as he closed the closet door behind him and tried turning the light on.

“Don’t,” she said seeming to not resist him no longer and her hand on top of his. “If we’re going to do this, let’s just stay in the dark,” she added, her voice low with a hint sorrow. She slid her hand off his and slid down the wall to the floor. Bambam didn’t know how to react to this, so he followed her and sat on the opposite side of the closet. As the quiet filled their ears, Bambam could’ve sworn he heard her sobbing.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked as he moved across the floor.

“Don’t,” she pleaded.

“I won’t do anything if you don’t want me to,” he said hoping to assure her.

“Do you remember the last time we actually hung out alone?” she asked through her sniffles. He shook his head responding to her question as though she could see him doing so then realizing the she couldn’t and answered no. She scoffed. “I don’t even know why you still bother me when you don’t even remember,” she added as she wiped her tears that fell without her control. After calming herself down she stood up and cleared . “I should just leave.” As she reached for the door, a pair of arms slid around her waist.

“I remember you, you know that right?” he spoke softly into her ears giving her butterflies in her stomach. He pulled her closer to him. Her cheek began to feel hot and she tried to push him off of her but he resisted.

“You don’t need to remember. We were kids and we were young. I was stupid,” she said as she tried to pry his arms off her waist which only made him pull her closer to him. “Kunpimook, just forget it,” she pleaded but he didn’t care.

“I’m sorry,” he said as he pressed his forehead against her shoulder. I’m sorry I did that. I’m sorry I left you, I’m sorry I didn’t say it earlier, I’m sorry.” The tears began to well up in her eyes but she held them back.

“Just stop. Our friendship ended that day. It ended when I was stupid and confessed to you and it ended when you left me there alone feeling like I was stupid for liking you. I was a kid,” her sobs made her pause, “and you broke me.” It fell silent again and she wiped her tears knowing the time was almost over. “I was stupid for coming, just keep it quiet.” He let her go and she quickly left his apartment leaving everyone puzzled.

She rubbed her tired eyes and untied her hair from its high bun. Looking at the clock it was already 2 in the morning and she felt no fatigue at all. Suddenly the sound of something falling in her kitchen frightened her and she froze. ‘Maybe it was nothing,’ she thought after slightly calming her fast beating heart but just in case, she grabbed the pepper spray that was chained to her keys and the bat that always sat beside her bed and went out to investigate. First she peeked to see if the front door seemed fine. Slowly she peeked her head out and from down the hall, the door was wide open and she began panicking. She slightly and quickly rushed back into her room to grab her phone and dialed 911 while turning her table side lamp off. Suddenly she could hear footsteps approaching her room and the operator finally picked up. “911 what’s your emergency?” the operator asked. She slide under her desk and pulled the chair in.

“There’s someone in my house,” she spoke softly but to her it sounded as though she was shouting. Tears began to form on her face as the person opened the door. She held her breath and pressed her hands against as the operator continued to ask where her location was. She kept silent as she watched the feet move across her room and approach her desk. Suddenly the chair was swung back and all she could think of was to press the pepper spray, quickly crawl out and swing the bat. The person stumbled back just as her phone fell to the floor with the operator still on the line. Quickly she rushed out of her room with the bat still in her hand and rushed for the door quickly surpassing the second person who had just broke into her house. The second person began chasing her down the halls of the apartment and she began shouting and praying.

“Get back here!” the intruder shouted and no door opened. As she rushed up the second flight of stairs all she could think of was hopefully he had not fallen asleep yet. The intruders footstep followed close behind as she turned the spiraling staircase. The sound of sirens could be heard in the distance as she ran into the thankfully opened door of the person she was just thinking of. She pushed him inside and closed the door behind her still shaking from what had just happened. There was dried tear stains on her face now as he stared at her confused. “Where’d she go?” the intruders voice spoke right outside the door and she curled herself into a ball at his door.

“Are you okay?” he asked and she quickly covered his mouth. The tears were falling again as she laid on top of him trying to keep him quiet. He watched the fear in her crying eyes as her trembling hands covered his mouth.

“Shot, we gotta go, the police are here,” one of the intruder spoke and they’re footsteps could be heard running off. Even with them gone, she couldn’t stop trembling or covering his mouth. Her eyes were closed as the tears fell and she was mumbling a small prayer under her shaking breath.

“They’re gone,” he spoke as he slowly removed her hands from his mouth and helped them sit up right. “Are you okay?” She wouldn’t open her eyes. He didn’t know what to do, so he did what he thought he should do, he pulled her into his embrace and she held onto him tightly crying loudly into his shoulder.

“Would you like for us to stay out here and watch your apartment while you sleep?” the police asked.

“She’ll stay with me,” Bambam replied from beside her before she could say anything.

“Okay, we’ll still keep an eye on your apartment. We’ll drive by every other hour to check on your place,” the police assured before leaving.

“You don’t have to do this, I’ll just go stay with my parents,” she said as he held her on the side tightly.

“Your parents are 2 hours away and it’s already 3 almost 4 in the morning, I’m not going to let you drive this early in the morning especially after this incident,” he said holding her securely.

“If you need anything I’ll be on the couch,” he said after fixing his bed for her. His eyes were red from fatigue.

Before he could leave she stopped him. “Kunpimook, I mean, um Bambam,” she started, “Can you just stay with me? I’m still a little shaken up from the incident.” He smiled with a sigh and made sure that that was what she wanted. She assured him and he crawled into the other side of the bed. They laid there silently before she suddenly began cuddling with him. His heart raced and he realized that she had fallen fast asleep despite her worries. He remembered how they used to have sleep overs and she’d always cuddle next to him. He smiled at the memory and suddenly fell fast asleep.

The sun came through the opened curtain and she found herself lying on Bambams chest. His scent filled her nose and she missed how they used to have sleep overs and how she always found herself falling asleep faster when he was beside her. His arms wrapped around her waist and it seemed as though he was pulling her closer to him as he still laid sleeping. As he pulled her closer their faces got closer and she felt her breath hitch. All the horrible memories of the night seemed to have washed away as she traced his face with her eyes. He began to stir and it woke her from the trance she was in. Even after he rejected her those many years ago she just couldn’t stop liking him which made her feel stupid every time she saw him with a new girl. She shook the thought out of her mind and tried to escape his grasp without waking him up. She turned slowly and as she did so, he stirred making her freeze. Then she continued to try and pry his arms off her waist.

“What are you doing?” he whispered into her ears sending tingles down her body.

“Bambam,” she spoke in surprise as her cheeks filled with red and her face began to heat up. “I’m trying to leave without waking you up?” she said more in a questioning tone than in a statement.

“No! You’re not leaving,” he said as he pulled her closer than possible and his face was in her hair.

“Yah! Bambam! I need to go,” she said trying to act angry and trying to stop blushing.

“This is what you get when you ask me to bed with you,” he said through a chuckle.

“Please, don’t do this to me,” she said sorrowful and something seemed to have clicked in Bambam.

He flipped her around surprising her with his strength and he looked her straight in the eyes. She stared at him confused and she could see a little anger in his eyes. “When will you stop?” he asked and she was going to say something but he stopped her. “Have I not shown you enough? Have I not expressed it enough?” he continued. “I like you!” he said making her eyes open wide surprised at his sudden confession. “I might even love you,” he said and her eyes grew wider. She was speechless and suddenly he pressed his lips against hers aggressively and then the kiss became passionate and he was suddenly on top of her. Before they could go any further she pulled away. “I love you too,” she said before engaging their second kiss.