V

DREAM

7 years later..

Goryeo managed to recover from the tragic incident that happened seven years ago. All of the people had slowly put their trust in King Wang Yo after the third year of his government.

Lots of seller from other countries such as China and Japan came to Goryeo to do some business matters. Goryeo had expanded their port which had gotten better and better. Lots of land worker's life became prosperous after King Wang Yo provided them with high quality seeds and an access to help them sell their corps. King Wang Yo will provided what his people needs in one condition that they had to pay the taxes twice every month.

"Look, it's him! Psst!" Men and women stopped their activities at once to stared at one person, passing through the crowds while riding his black horse. He was wearing a black mask to cover the left part of his face, looking mysterious as ever, through his mask everyone could see his eyes, as sharp as an eagle. He wore a black hanbok along with a black armor.

After another minutes of riding, he arrived at the entrance of the Palace where there were lots of guards scattered around it. He stopped his horse while his sharp eyes eyed all the guards one by one, "Open the gate," he said. The huge gate slowly opened with a creaaaak sound revealing the glamourous castle.

"Commander, the King wants your presence in the throne roo-" The man left before the guard could finished his words. He went passed the gate and slowly, the gate was closed once again.

Ten minutes later, Wang Yo who was sitting in his throne room grinned widely at the familiar figure who've just entered the room. "Ah, Joongi. I've been expecting you." Wang Yo chuckled, sipping his warm tea. One of his servant jogged to Joongi while holding something on his hand.

Joongi stood in the middle of the room, he eyed the stuff the servant brought him and saw a sword. The color of the scabbard was as black as the night sky, and on there was a golden dragon decoration around the grip. Joongi stared at it for a second, then shifted his eyes back to the King, uninterested.

"Did you call me just for this thing?" Joongi asked nonchalantly, "I'm not interested."

"You're one funny guy, Joongi." Wang Yo laughed. Remember that time when you gave me the advice to subsidize those land workers? Thanks to you, Joongi, my commander, they've started to put their trust in me," Wang Yo laughed again, louder this time, nodding his head slightly as he laughed, "Oh, what would I do without you. Everyone here is a fool-" he glared at every servants inside the throne, including his royal advisors.

"I need to thank you, dont you think so? Take it." Wang Yo nodded his head towards the sword. When Joongi said he was not interested, he really is not intetested. He was doing just fine with his current sword. But he was afraid he'll offend Wang Yo if he declined his gift, Joongi still need the power and authority Wang Yo gave him, thats why he always tried his best to make Wang Yo happy. Even if that means Joon Gi need to do something he doesn't want to.

Two seconds later, Joongi wrapped his fingers around the sword and held it closely to his side. He bowed a little as Wang Yo smirked in satisfaction, "Very well."

"Anything else?" Joongi asked again.

"Ah, yes, yes." Wang Yo stood up to approached Joongi. He fixed his black and gold hanbok while humming lightly, arms folded behind his back afterwards. "For the past four years, Silla never showed their twenty fourth King to the world. I wonder why? But, in two weeks, they'll introduce him to their people for the very first time."

There was a moment of silence as Wang Yo stopped talking, his eyes met Joongi's and the atmosphere became tense all of sudden, "And apparently, the Queen invited Goryeo's royal family to come to the parade. Along with Baekje's King and his family."

Joongi listened to what Wang Yo said in his flat expression. Unlike Wang Yo who had his eyes shined in greed, always craving for more and more power. It's all written on his face and Joongi could see it through his eyes. But, deep inside his heart, he felt it. He also craved for that power. If he has more power, that will make him way more easier to find both Yoon Ha and Seojoon. All of his struggles that showed no results for the past seven years had made his heart hardened bit by bit.

"..And?"

"And, in order for us to make Silla become a better place in our way. I need to know more about Silla." Wang Yo sat back on his throne, slamming his fist to the table across him, "Silla produce tons of perfect quality medical herbs, we can use those to make our people well-heeled."

A moment of silence happened. Then Joongi made his way out after the King gave him an order to meet Silla's Queen to confirmed King Wang Yo's attendance.

However, he decided to leave the next morning after he give his horse also his own self some time to rest. "I'll get going now." He said to the horse keeper after he visited the stable to let his horse rest.

He walked his way back to his room while enjoying the beautiful view inside the palace, his heart beat became steady while listening to the soft wind blowing the cherry blossom tree. Arms folded behind his back, he looked up at the sky staring at the soft clouds reminiscing about what his heart long for.

"Who's there?" Joongi asked all of sudden, eyes still gazing at the sky. "Come out." he added once again.

From behind the tree, a beautiful girl showed up. She has a pair of sparkling eyes, long hair, pale skin, pointy nose and pink lips. She was wearing a white hanbok with some peach flowers pattern around the waist side. Joongi shifted his eyes down to her eyes, both of them stared into each other's eyes before Joongi made his way closer to her.

"You haven't change a bit." The girl smiled, she then walked towards the bridge, facing the beautiful pond. Joongi followed her with a small smile plastered on his face, heaving a sigh afterwards,"Arent you going to say something?"

"Well, is there something you want to hear?" The girl answered, earning a soft laughter from the man. Joongi stood side by side with the girl that known as the princess in the palace.

Princess Ha Na smiled as a small bird landed on her shoulder, chirping and playing with some strands of her hair. She let out a soft giggling sound, shoo-ed the bird softly, then watched it as it flew away.

"I heard the King called you, orabeonim. Is everything alright?"

"Yes. I have to go to Silla tomorrow."

"But you've just came back after two months."

"I know. Can't do anything about it." Princess Ha Na sighed, she started to walk again along the garden where there were lots of beautiful and colorful flowers.

Under the cherry blossom tree, where the petals started to fell, Princess Ha Na smiled beautifully. Both Joongi and Ha Na didn't say anything for a moment, a moment of silence between the two of them.

"Wang Yo orabeonim-" She said, "He asked me to marry him."

Joongi still didn't say anything when Ha Na shifted her hopeful eyes to him, she waited for his answer, but nothing came out of his mouth. "But I haven'r give him any answer. Do you have any advice, orabeonim?"

Joongi's lips curled up into a smile, he gave Ha Na a heart warming smile, "Do you love him?"

"I don't know.."

"Do you have someone else in your mind when he ask you to marry him?" asked Joongi again, Ha Na paused for a moment, "..Yes." She whispered, but still loud enough for Joongi to hear.

Joongi then shifted his attention fully at her, "Then don't."

"Why?" She asked one last time.

"Just because." Ha Na watched Joongi walked away from her, she stared at his broad back getting further and furher. "Ask yourself. What would make you happy? The power you'll get by marrying the King, or love?"

With that, Joongi disappeared from her sight. Just like how they first met seven years ago, when young Joongi walked away from young Ha Na. The only difference was only his current mask, that restrained everything including his past from stopping what he's after now.

 

---

 

Hi guys, sorry for the late update, also sorry if this is really bad written. I wrote this chapter with my phone and it shucks (Since I was away from home until January 6th). Will make it up to you guys in the next chapter! Toodlessss. Don't forget to upvote, subscribe and comments if you enjoy this story. ILY.