And there it goes again

Dreams of Tomorrow
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan knew he ought to do something. Time was running out, while luxury was waiting for them. He knew he was far too young, far too weak to do anything about it. However, he knew Jongin had been long ago ready, by the way he’d cheated.

-

The door had been left slightly ajar—Luhan wasn’t sure why, at first. He already had a hard time walking in a straight line as it was. His legs screamed and his muscles complained from all the running he’d been doing that evening.

The wood of the floor had traces of dirt, indicating the pair of shoes Jongin never bothered to take off. Furniture had been moved in his way to the hallway, chairs thrown aside, decorations laying on the floor after Jongin probably tried to stabilize himself by grabbing onto shelves. Luhan noticed a piece of paper on the small couch—the same that told of endless nights, sporting numerous spots that told tales of unethical actions. It was white but had been worn out so fast, nothing but a scrabbled and stretched out page. Luhan hesitated a bit. Truthfully, he wasn’t sure what he was expecting it to write, or who it was from. It looked too fancy to be the infrequent letters of nothing Jongin would leave for him to find.

The paper was too white, the letters too fancy.

Picking it up, his eyes barely focused on the words in front of him. Out of need, he put his hand into the back pocket of his jeans, pulling a small white pill and placing it on his tongue like the candy it was.

Luhan hadn’t dropped from school, like he thought. He’d actually been unable to attend it due to his abusive life. His parents hadn’t even registered him to any class. He was a lost child in the world of elders. Thus, fancy words like “disowned” and “court” and “lawyer” made little sense to him. The paragraphs seemingly told of a serious matter, finishing off with a date of the fore-mentioned event, and Luhan frowned. Jongin most likely hadn’t taken it well, considering he’d thrown the coffee table against the wall, leaving two deep holes from the collusion.

-

Jongin’s promises floated in his mind on repeat. Every single little one of them.

The times of lying on the grass in some remote park after midnight, clenching on each other, a bottle of liqueur and a small package of pills clouded his eyes. There, Jongin smiled his broken smile that Luhan would kiss away. He’d also kiss away the bruises, take away the pain of punches and hits, inhale the nasty smell of disgusting comments and words.

Luhan would take in all of Jongin’s pain, clam it in the same casket he had thrown his own pain into a long, long while ago.

And they’d kiss and promise to each other to be together forever.

Until the pain would fade, and they’d be happy.

Together.

Forever.

-

The brunet walked further into the apartment only to find the bathroom’s light on and a couple red stains against the wooden floor which led into their bedroom. The door was left ajar and he pushed it in only to have a rusty smell reach his nostrils. Stepping inside, he momentarily froze.

In the corner of the room, Jongin’s body was leaning against the wall, unmoving. His wrist was soaked in red and his eyes heavily hooded. His clothes were washed in pools of red and a knife and his cell phone were by his side, also painted in red. Everything was red.

There were handprints on the walls, some more on the sheets of the bed, but most of the stains were on the floor. Luhan slowly walked to his boyfriend, eyes empty as they could be, and crouched in front of him. Jongin was still there, he could sense him. His eyes were still moving, head slowly sliding against the wall and Luhan lovingly placed his fingers against his cheek.

So cold.

Almost dead.

Luhan wanted to say sorry, apologize for everything, but all that came out was disappointment.

“Why in such hurry, Jongin…?” His whisper was too low to fill the silence. That fact made him feel slightly lonely already. Jongin moved his head a bit, inches away from Luhan’s hand, a small whimper leaving his bloodied lips. “Shhh… Soon, my love.”

There was indescribable fear in Jongin’s eyes and Luhan couldn’t but smile tightly.

“Soon, it’ll be just us, Jongin. Just us, Jonginie. No one else.”

The pills had already started working and that kind of gave Luhan relief. He leaned closer, swallowing another scared whimper with his l

Please log in to read the full chapter