009

Up To Chance

 

009

 


 

Junhong couldn’t decide if yesterday was the worst or the best day of his life. At least he got a boyfriend out of it?

He frowned to himself, sitting up in his bed. After getting some sleep, he wondered if he was overreacting last night.

Sure, it hurt when people called him untalented, but he’d heard that before; having haters came with having an Instagram account, really. Truthfully, the only reason he was upset was because of the sheer amount of people who thought he was marrying Yongguk for his money. It wasn’t an image he wanted of himself – he didn’t want Yongguk thinking of him like that.

His mind wandered to the kiss they shared last night and he buried his face into his pillow.

It wasn’t exactly the way he pictured the night ending – he predicted tears and embarrassment – but he sure as hell wasn’t complaining.

What would they be now? Married boyfriends?

Junhong couldn’t help a smile from crawling on his face when he thought about it. He threw his sheets aside and hopped out of bed.

He didn’t even know what time it was, with his phone in the living room.

“Gukkie-hyung?” he knocked on Yongguk’s bedroom door and waited for a reply. Only silence answered him, and he knocked again.

He opened the door slightly, only to be met with an empty bedroom. The boy knew he shouldn’t pry, but as soon as he knew that Yongguk wasn’t inside, he allowed his eyes to thoroughly analyse every inch of the alpha’s bedroom.

Just looking never hurt anybody, he convinced himself as he looked from the entrance of the room. It hadn’t changed much since yesterday, but Junhong noticed that the man had set up a bookshelf in the far corner of the room. It was filled with huge books (which Junhong thought looked very boring), except for the bottom shelf.

At least ten Tigger plush dolls filled the bottom shelf, all positioned neatly.

Yongguk really was cute.

At the thought of the alpha, the boy closed the door to his bedroom and made his way downstairs.

“Hyung?” he called again, walking around the bottom floor. He was suddenly glad that he didn’t pick the super huge apartment to live in – it was hard enough finding Yongguk in this apartment.

He frowned, finally realising that the alpha wasn’t in at all. Junhong went into the kitchen, planning on getting something to eat for breakfast. His eyebrows furrowed when he noticed a sticky note stuck onto the fridge, a neat message written in black pen on it.

Junnie,

I’ve left for work, but I should be back by noon. There’s some breakfast in the pantry, and I’ve fed the dogs.

If you decide to go out, please bring your phone with you. Be safe.

- Yongguk

The note was brief and may have sounded cold, but Junhong could read the affection in his words. He took the note and hunted around the kitchen, his mood brightening even more when he found his favourite cereal, the same rainbow-flavoured sugar bits Yongguk had seen him eat when he was on his heat.

He grinned to himself; the alpha always knew what he wanted.

To his amusement, he found another note stuck onto his cereal box.

Junhongie, I had a look at the sugar content levels… Maybe you should have toast more often.

 

When he had finished eating breakfast, it was already 11 according to the clock in the kitchen. Junhong didn’t really want to check his phone at all; he wanted to just forget about Moon Juhyeon’s news story. Notifications flooding his phone wouldn’t help him forget.

The omega had wanted to go swimming since the very second he knew there was a pool in the apartment anyway, so he ran upstairs to change into his swimming shorts and grab a towel. He applied some sunscreen as well, just in case it got hotter in a few hours. The sun wasn’t too bright right now, but Junhong didn’t want to risk burning and having to deal with irritated skin for weeks.

He jogged downstairs, his towel thrown over his shoulder. For a moment, he had considered letting the dogs out for a swim as well, but he didn’t actually know if Tigger could swim.

Mochi could swim, because Junhong had taught him how to, back in his parent’s house in his bathtub. He didn’t particularly like water though, and Junhong wouldn’t force him into the pool.

Junhong slid open the door to the outside swimming pool and sighed happily. The water was crystal clear and sparkling beautifully, almost as if inviting him in.

The boy placed his towel down on a deck chair and slowly slid in the pool. The water was cool, but it wasn’t freezing. It would get hotter later on in the day, so Junhong appreciated the refreshing temperature.

The water was only up to his waist, but he soon found that it was 2.5 metres at its deepest point; enough for him to fully submerge, or even dive into.

In the beginning, he swam laps diligently, practising the different swimming , but he quickly grew tired – he hadn’t swum in ages, and his stamina was really lacking. Thinking back, the last time he swam was probably a year ago, when he went to Jongup’s villa for the summer holidays.

Before an hour passed, he had already given up on actually swimming and resorted to just floating in the water lazily. He lost track of time that way, just floating and staring at the clouds in the sky.

He didn’t think about it before, but he wondered if Jongup had anything to do with Juhyeon’s story. He regretted the thought as soon as it passed his mind – Jongup would never do anything like that. He trusted his best friend with his life.

But then why would Juhyeon even bother with the news?

Junhong sighed. Maybe he’d go over to Jongup’s house and ask her in person. She was kind of terrifying, but he had the right to know.

Junhong was still figuring out when and how he could get to Jongup’s house, when he heard a faint voice call his name.

“Junhongie?”

There was a loud splash as Junhong stopped floating and tried to stand in the water. He was in the shallowest part of the pool, the closest to the apartment, so he easily looked inside the glass doors.

“Hyung!” he called out, seeing Yongguk walk around in the apartment, most likely looking for him. The alpha turned around at the sound of his voice and slid open the door, stepping out.

The alpha’s eyes unconsciously scanned over the younger, taking in his pale skin, the soft outline of abs on his flat stomach, and even lower, his swimming shorts that sat enticingly low on his hips. For a split second, Yongguk’s eyes darkened with hunger, but they returned to normal before Junhong even noticed.

Junhong suddenly realised he was shirtless, but he couldn’t do anything to hide his body. Yongguk was dressed in a formal suit, so there wasn’t much for Junhong to look at, even if it did fit him very nicely.

“Join me, hyung?” he asked hopefully, a triumphant smile growing on his face when Yongguk nodded slowly.

The alpha didn’t say anything as he returned to the apartment.

As soon as he was out of earshot, Junhong began jumping in the water giddily, releasing all of his excitement. Maybe it made him kind of a ert, but he had been looking forward to seeing Yongguk’s body. From what he had seen so far, tanned skin and broad shoulders, Junhong knew he wasn’t going to be disappointed.

Hardly five minutes later, Yongguk slid the glass doors open and stepped out onto the deck.

Junhong’s eyes were wide, immediately focusing on the ink that decorated his chest. Yongguk slid into the pool and Junhong swam closer, curious about what the tattoos said. If he was focused on anything else, he would’ve choked at the sight of the alpha’s toned six pack and muscular arms, but his concentration remained on the beautiful tattoos. Red and black ink on Yongguk’s chest complemented his tan skin perfectly. Junhong almost felt sad that it was hidden away all the time, but he was happy Yongguk let him see them.

“Hyung,” he whispered, reaching out tentatively to trace the letters on his skin. Tattoos weren’t something he thought he would find hot, but he was quickly realising that he could find anything on  Yongguk hot.

Yongguk watched him quietly, amused by how amazed the younger looked, and leaned forward to capture the omega’s lips.

The kiss was meant to be quick, but he didn’t expect Junhong to kiss him back, closing his eyes and rocking into his touch. The water made their movements more languid, and Junhong’s arms slowly wrapped around Yongguk’s neck as he pressed even closer to the man’s heat. As an alpha, Yongguk’s high temperature was constant, and Junhong found comfort in his warmth.

Yongguk growled softly and lifted the boy’s legs so they wrapped around his waist.

Junhong giggled against his lips, now clinging onto the elder like a koala. In their new position, Yongguk walked deeper into the pool, so the water could envelope both of their bodies, but Junhong didn’t move from his chest.

“Do you usually work on weekends, hyung?” the boy asked, formulating a plan in his head. He’d get Yongguk talking about something, and then try to touch his abs.

He admitted it: he was the iest of s, but some things just had to be done.

“Not usually,” the elder replied, as the omega’s fingers danced over his skin. “Just when I’m needed.” They dipped into his collarbones and over his inked chest, brushing his bicep lightly before trailing lower, towards his stomach.

“Are you going tomorrow?” Junhong asked, his palm sweeping over the alpha’s side.

Before he could touch his glorious, glorious abs, Yongguk’s hand grabbed his, and the elder smirked, “Nope.” He didn’t let the younger’s hand trail further, settling his hand down by his side.

Junhong’s face flushed with embarrassment and his bottom lip jutted out in a pout. He really wanted to touch them, but he guessed Yongguk was teasing him for being a little too eager.

 “I thought about suing Juhyeon for defamation,” Yongguk said casually, like he’s talking about the weather. Junhong’s eyes widened and he stared at the man in shock. “Youngjae said I couldn’t though, since she technically reported the truth, and she didn’t directly incite hate.”

Junhong kind of wanted to kiss the frown off his face, but he could tell the alpha had more to say.

“We could sue malicious commenters though…” Yongguk stated bluntly, almost as if he was in a business meeting and not in a pool, with a boy hanging off him. “But it’s your decision, Junnie.”

The omega shook his head immediately, “Don’t want to.” He elaborated when Yongguk raised a brow. “It’s not their fault. I’ll convince everyone that I love dance more than money,” he said sweetly, smiling angelically.

Yongguk couldn’t help but kiss him after that; Junhong was so damn pure, it was almost impossible. Junhong made a small sound of surprise but sunk into the kiss quickly, closing his eyes. Their chests were pulled together, and Junhong found Yongguk’s heat irresistible.

“You know, making out isn’t what I imagined when you asked me to swim,” Yongguk said breathlessly, when they had finally stopped. Junhong released his grip on the man’s body and separated from him, standing on his own. The water wasn’t that high, only up to his midsection.

Junhong grinned at him cheekily, “I was kind of hoping for it.”

Yongguk pinched his cheek and he laughed.

“Have you talked to Jongup about the incident?” Yongguk asked, and Junhong shook his head.

“No, but I know he didn’t tell Juhyeon,” Junhong was beginning to miss Yongguk’s hold around him. He pushed himself closer to the alpha.

“Are you sure?” Yongguk asked doubtfully.

“Positive.”

Yongguk was always so grudging whenever he talked about Jongup… Junhong guessed it was just alpha competitiveness. Still, it would be nice if his best friend and married-boyfriend-person (he wasn’t sure yet) could get along.

“Right,” Yongguk didn’t say anything else.

“I’ll text him tonight, if you want to be completely sure,” the omega murmured, frowning.

“Don’t worry about it; I trust you.”

The omega blinked and his eyes widened slightly when he understood what the other meant. No one else had ever said that before.

“Let’s go inside, I look like a prune,” Junhong said suddenly, swimming towards the shallower part of the pool. He really just wanted to hide his face, he was blushing so much he could probably heat up the entire pool.

Arms wrapped around him and pulled him back, and he found himself pressed against Yongguk’s chest.

“I just got in here,” the elder murmured into his neck.

“But it’s getting hot,” he whined, secretly loving how Yongguk’s hold only tightened. Junhong twisted as much as he could and said mischievously, “We can make out inside, you know.”

As soon as the words left his mouth, Yongguk’s hold loosened and he clicked his tongue, “It’s only been a day but you already know how to tempt me.” Junhong’s shoulders shook as he held in a laugh, and the elder poked his sides.

Yongguk hadn’t actually swum at all – Junhong felt a little guilty about that – so the upper half of his body was completely dry. Junhong, on the other hand, probably resembled a wet dog, dripping water all over the ground as soon as he was out of the pool.

Yongguk chuckled and took his towel from one of the deck chairs, reaching up to dry the boy’s hair for him. As he was doing so, Junhong sneakily reached to brush his hand over those honey abs.

They were rock hard, and as delicious to touch as they were to look at. Yongguk grasped his hand and raised a brow, as he grinned cheekily.

“No touching until you’re nineteen,” Yongguk reprimanded. He didn’t look pissed, which was a good thing. Junhong tilted his head.

“No touching at all? You know it’s only illegal for me to actually... have ,” Junhong’s cheeks burned – he couldn’t even say the word without wanting to die, how was he going to actually... his face reddened again. He would be lying if he said he hadn’t thought about sleeping with Yongguk, but saying it out loud was like admitting he liked the alpha all over again.

Yongguk ruffled his drying hair, but didn’t answer his question, saving him from any further embarrassment. “Take a shower. We can go out for lunch after, alright?”

Junhong’s eyes sparkled.

“Yes, hyung!”

 

Junhong should’ve known Yongguk was one of those people who could shower and get ready in under two minutes.

It took the omega five minutes alone to pick his clothes, so by the time he was ready to go, Yongguk had already been waiting in the lounge for a while.

He saw the younger come down the stairs and smiled warmly as Junhong bounded in front of him, standing in a position that showed off his clothes. He preened, silently asking for compliments.

Yongguk saw through his act immediately and pulled on his bomber jacket, bringing him closer, “Aren’t you going to be too hot in this?”

Junhong stared pointedly at the man’s coat in response.

“I have to hide my tattoos,” Yongguk laughed and took the jacket off the boy, placing it over a chair’s armrest. He scanned over the boy’s appearance; without the jacket, he looked less stiff and more casual, more Junhong.

“Better.”

Junhong pouted and tugged at his coat, “Hyung, you don’t have to hide your tattoos either, they’re hot.”

“They’re also private,” Yongguk pecked his cheek, and Junhong gave in.

“You’re hot with the coat too...” Yongguk heard him murmur, and his lips twitched with a smile.

As they both made for the door, Yongguk’s ringtone blared and he sighed, taking it out of his pocket. Seeing that the caller ID listed Youngjae, he hesitated, looking up at Junhong.

The younger blinked and shrugged in response, falling onto the couch. Yongguk gave him a grateful smile before answering his phone.

To his surprise, his secretary didn’t wait for his greeting and exclaimed as soon as Yongguk picked up, “Sir!”

The panic in Youngjae’s voice alarmed him. It hadn’t even been two hours since he last saw the man, what could’ve possibly happened in that time?

“Is something wrong at the company?”

“Moon Juhyeon called the office and asked for the contract,” Youngjae almost yelled into the phone. Yongguk would’ve told him to calm down if he didn’t sound so panicked. The secretary took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. “She asked me personally to give it to her... well, actually, she tried threatening me. And then bribing me. And then threatening me again.”

From his position on the couch, Junhong watched as Yongguk started pacing around the room.

“Did you give it to her?” Yongguk asked. The alpha didn’t doubt his secretary’s words or his loyalty, but he thought he might as well check.

Youngjae answered immediately. “Of course not, sir.”

Yongguk pinched the bridge of his nose, thinking to himself in silence. Junhong was really curious now, but he knew better than to interrupt his call. After a few seconds of silence, Youngjae spoke again.

“Sir... if I may suggest some advice...?”

“Go ahead.”

“I would advise giving her the contract... She seems pretty vengeful sir. I have no doubt she’ll do something worse if she isn’t given the contract.”

“I just don’t understand why she wants it,” Yongguk confessed. His eyes drifted over to Junhong, who was staring at him worriedly. He couldn’t let Junhong get hurt again. “She’s planning something.”

“I know sir, but... she has strong connections.”

Youngjae was right – he usually was. Yongguk chose him as his secretary for exactly that reason. Yongguk didn’t trust Juhyeon at all, but he trusted Youngjae’s words.

Yongguk sighed in defeat. “Alright. Print out a copy of the contract. You can give it to her.”

“Yes, sir. Would you like me to make any modifications?”

“No, it’ll be fine. Make sure that you give her only the marriage contract.” It didn’t seem like too much of a bad idea, now that Yongguk thought about it. After all, their marriage contract did show that Junhong’s expenses were being covered by his parents until he graduated – that would at least lighten his public image.

“Yes sir.”

“Thanks.”

The moment he hung up, he felt Junhong brush by his side and reach his hand out to hold his. “Are we going now, hyung?” the boy asked. His eyes were clearly curious about the phone call, but he didn’t say anything about it.

Yongguk smiled and laced fingers with the boy, pulling him towards the door. He was worried the younger would get annoyed that he was constantly working, but Junhong didn’t seem bothered at all. The omega really was perfect.

“I want to eat cold noodles!” Junhong chirped brightly as they entered the elevator. Like a child, he eagerly reached to press the button for the carpark level. Yongguk grinned and the omega turned towards him, tilting his head.

“Hyung, I have to ask... is Youngjae really your secretary? Because he seems a lot more like a personal assistant.” It had been something he had been wondering for a while, since secretaries didn’t usually do deliveries, and Youngjae did a ton of those.

Yongguk explained after chuckling at the boy’s curiosity, “Well, I guess you could say he is, but he has a law degree and is pretty much my advisor, so it wouldn’t be fair to pay him as an assistant.”

“Oh, cool.” Junhong didn’t really know what to say to that, it seemed pretty adult-y.

“Youngjae is only two years older than you...” Yongguk said thoughtfully, and Junhong’s eyebrows almost shot off his face.

Youngjae was only two years older than him and had already graduated from university. With a degree in Law. Holy . What kind of genius brain did he have?

“Do you have any ideas on what I could get him as a gift? Like... a bonus,” Yongguk asked finally, as the doors to the elevator opened. A lightbulb went on in Junhong’s mind as soon as he heard the words leave Yongguk’s mouth. “I think I overwork him.”

“Hyung, you should totally get him tickets to a concert,” Junhong exclaimed, reaching out to open the passenger door. Yongguk looked at him in surprise, but the omega’s head disappeared as he entered the car. The alpha entered the car shortly after and it started with a quiet hum as he clasped his seatbelt.

“Which concert?” An idol singer wasn’t really something Youngjae looked like he would be into but hey, Yongguk didn’t judge. His employees could do whatever they wanted in their own time. He was surprised how close Junhong and Youngjae were though; Youngjae had been working for him for six months and he didn’t even know about his ‘obsession’.

“Do you know DAE?”

Yongguk’s hand froze on the steering wheel.

“DAE? Jung Daehyun?”

“Yeah, but no one calls him that, hyung,” Junhong said. “DAE is his stage name.”

“No, I mean... I know him. We were friends,” Yongguk said hesitantly. Junhong gasped and twisted in his seat, facing the elder.

“No way!”

“Put on your seatbelt.”

“Hyung, you never told me!” the omega whined as he clasped his seatbelt buckle. “You could get Youngjae a personalised letter from DAE! And a signed album.” His eyes gleamed mischievously, “Youngjae might faint.”

“He was actually more of a friend-of-a-friend. We haven’t talked in years,” Yongguk muttered, his grip tight on the wheel.

 “Why?” He blurted, unable to contain his curiosity.

Yongguk didn’t say anything for a while. Junhong could sense the alpha pheromones rolling off Yongguk in waves, but he couldn’t exactly pinpoint what they were. It was like anger, but not quite. Almost... bitter.

 “I fought with our mutual friend,” Yongguk said finally. He didn’t offer any further reasoning, deep in thought.

Junhong stared outside the window, not knowing what else to say. Yongguk wasn’t lying, but he wasn’t telling the truth either.

He had no right to pry, but he hoped Yongguk wouldn’t always be so  secretive.

 


 

if you have any questions or requests, contact me @junhng on tumblr!

lol so the pool scene is kind of important because junhong is becoming more comfortable with yongguk, and he's becoming cheekier and happier and more free; he's not going to remain an innocent kid forever haha

i keep calling it the 'pool scene' it kind of feels like a kdrama trope

comment what you think of the pool scene this chapter!