It's a yes (pt.2)

The Best Thing That I've Got
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minghao had done everything.

He’d made him his favorite breakfast (blueberry pancakes), showered him with kisses, and even let them listen to that radio station that only played cheesy love songs that he knew he loved. But nothing seemed to be working to help Junhui take his mind off things. 

He watched helplessly at his husband curled up in a fetal position on their sofa, with their huge fleece blanket wrapped around his body, despite the fact that their apartment was at a comfortable 75 degrees and that he was definitely wearing one of Minghao’s hoodies.

He felt like he had to do something; sadly, all he could do was wait and make sure that Junhui was okay, regardless of the news they were bound to receive.

Today, the doctor was going to call with the results of their pregnancy test.

Minghao glances at the phone in his pocket, the bold numbers reading 10:22 am. The call would come around 11, she had told them.

He shuffles over to Junhui’s spot on the couch, slowly setting himself down next to him. Junhui was in a fragile state, although it wasn’t like Minghao had never seen him like this before. It was times like these where he had to let him dissociate for a little while, and allow him to come to on his own. He’d spent all of last night tossing and turning in bed next to Minghao, and although he hadn’t said anything out loud about it, he knew that he was nervous. And frankly, he was too; this was starting to become more trivial to him and he hadn’t even noticed.

Junhui wanted to have his own kid with Minghao more than anything , especially now that he knew he could have one that was biologically theirs.

Several minutes pass. Minghao checks his phone and the time now reads 10:47. Not much longer now. Junhui still hasn’t budged, so Minghao decides to reply to some work emails.

He’s in the middle of writing out a strongly worded email to Chan about why they should absolutely not wear hammer pants for their next dance showcase when he feels Junhui stir next to him, followed by a small nudge on his shoulder. Minghao nods and leans back as Junhui’s head falls onto Minghao’s lap.

“I’m sorry, babe,” Junhui mumbles, fumbling with the blanket wrapped around him. “I’m a ball of stress right now. Or a burrito. A literal burrito of stress.” He tilts his head to look up at Minghao, who’s been contentedly Junhui’s hair.

“I know,” he coos, twirling strands of black hair in his fingers since he knows that’ll put him more at ease. “You’re just freaking out internally about this baby thing, I get it, it’s a pretty big deal for you, and-” He pauses, biting his lip. “It’s a pretty big deal for me. For both of us.”

Junhui hums in agreement and yawns, nuzzling his head towards Minghao’s stomach, almost like a cat. “I hope Dr. Kang calls soon so I can go take a nap with significantly less anxiety,” he groans, adjusting the blanket wrapped around him.

“Me too,” Minghao sighs, stretching his arms over his head. “You really kept me up last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter