Final

Mundane Promise

It has become their weekly routine whilst Kyuhyun lets himself into their huge apartment, balancing a few bags of groceries and cradling his phone against his cheek. He carelessly flings the phone onto the sofa before padding to the kitchen to get ready. 

 
Who would have known that he could be so domesticated? He sighs dramatically even as he tries to resist smirking.
 
He changed him. It is really as simple as that. But he is not about to let him know.
 
The recipe already imprinted in his mind as he potters around, filling the saucepan with water and turning on the stove. He whistles his latest composition, keeping his ears peel for the turning of the main door lock. 
 
The truth is he misses him. And it has only been a day. Well, 18 hours 14 minutes to be exact. 
 
He must have been daydreaming as he gasps, suddenly finding a familiar pair of arms locking him from the back, cocooning him.
 
He could feel his nose against the back of his neck, sniffing and inhaling. 
 
A soft blow of air onto his nape before a light nibble on his earlobe. 
 
He tries to wiggle away to no avail. "You better let me go if you want dinner!"
 
"I rather have you as my dinner." 
 
Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and the laughs. He just cannot win against him. "I added ramyun, your favourite brand."
"No, you are my favourite brand."
"Stop it! Choi Siwon."
"Call me first."
"Choi Siwon."
"Nope, not that."
"Mr Choi Siwon."
 
"Kyu..." The starting of the famous whine from the famous visual of their group. 
 
"My darling...Wife..." Kyuhyun almost collapses with laughter as he sees the change of expression on Siwon's face. Despite numerous timesIt happens, it tickles him to no end, to infuriate and frustrate him. To banter, to quarrel, to make-up, to talk, to share...mundane, daily things. 
 
Their hard fought love has brought them to today, this moment. Their all consuming love, no lesser than before, perhaps even more. But now slow, steady, stable. Hearts always in sync. Moments like this; he cherishes more than any others. Where they both could be themselves, no front and no pretences. 
 
Seeing the other with a twinkle in his eye, Kyuhyun smiles impishly before turning his attention back to the simmering pot of red liquid. 
 
"Tonight...tonight I will call you whatever you want."
"Anything I want?"
"Absolutely" he mutters and turns to place a reassuring kiss onto the bow-shaped lips. 
 
And Kyuhyun did what he promised and even more. But that...would be another story for another day.