Choi Jinhee

Kakao Story: The Love Guardian (?)

One fateful afternoon, Jinhee stumbles upon a 'Free' Fortune Telling tent near her univeristy. She has her hand on the tent cover and as she is about to enter she hesitates for a moment. She thinks to herself what good will the fortune telling do for her? As she contemplates in her mind, an unknown force behind her lightly pushes her forward inside. She doesn't trip but luckily catches her step and stands upright before falling forward on top of the fortune teller's table. She bows, expressing her apology. 

"Are you here for a free reading?" The Fortune Teller speaks.

The person in front of Jinhee is quite mysterious. She is wrapped in a scarf from neck up to her nose with only her eyes exposed for Jinhee to look at. Her hair is long and dark and covering most of her face. Jinhee isn't afraid of ghosts but if it turned out the Fortune Teller is one, she'd start fearing them. Jinhee sits down on one of the chairs and nods, answering the Teller's question.

"I see you've come to know what your future holds."

"Uhm... I guess so..."

"Give me your hand, child."

Jinhee holds out her hand and the Teller pulls it closer, surprising Jinhee. The Teller tells Jinhee to open up her hand so she can look at her palm. The woman looks closely at the lines on Jinhee's hand and utters words Jinhee can't understand.

"Someone is out there for you, many are suited for you. But only one will claim your heart. Your hand shows me many choices... choices you alone cannot make."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't worry. Your journey has just begun. But to which ending? You shall see. Now go, child."

The Teller lets go of Jinhee's hand and gestures her to leave the tent. Jinhee just tilts her head in confusion and exits the tent as told. She thinks to herself for a while. Was the Teller just crazy? Jinhee turns around in order to ask what she meant but the tent had suddently vanished. Jinhee's eyes grow bigger and her body moves on its own, running away from the scene. Was it a ghost? Was it true? 

How will Jinhee's life unfold now?


CJH

 

  • Choi, Jinhee (최진희)
  • February 13, 1994 / 22 years old
  • 2nd Year University Student - Major in International Relations
  • Lives with older sister, Choi Sunghee (최성희), in Seoul
  • Eldest brother, Choi Kang (최강), manages the family business in Daegu with their mother and father
  • Her goal:
    • Graduate on time in order to find a job and support the family
  • Her personality:
    • Affable
    • Optimistic
    • Stubborn
    • Sometimes sarcastic