A Bad Break Up

One Year

          

 

          Yoona cried desperately on one of the pillows on her large bed.  She was filled with sorrow and remorse.  She felt as if the world was crashing down on her.  Her boyfriend, Siwon, had just broken up with her.  She started to sob even more heavily as she started to blame herself.  One of her best friends, Jessica, was there trying to comfort her as she rubbed her back continuously.  Siwon had told her that he was going to the army for the mandatory service required by all males for two years.  He concluded that because he wasn’t going to see her for two years, there was no point in having a relationship with her that would just hold her down.

 

          “Stop crying.  If he let you go, then that’s his loss.  He doesn’t know how good of a woman you are.  He’s just stupid that he didn’t appreciate you while you were with him,” Jessica tried to comfort her.

 

          “I just can’t get over him!  He was my boyfriend for two years.  He’s also my first love.  I just know that he broke up with me because I wasn’t that intimate with him.  I mean the farthest that I had ever gone with him was a peck on the lips!  I thought he understood, but I bet he was thinking how boring I was,” Yoona wailed.

 

          “Siwon was such a perfect guy.  He had the money, the looks, the manners, and the personality, but if it’s not meant to be, then it’s not.  You just need to move on.  Don’t let a guy ruin your life.  There are a lot of guys out there willing to date you,” Jessica suggested.

 

          “I know that there are guys that were waiting to date me, but it’s sad because I can’t even date them!  I need to get Heechul, Eunhyuk, and Leeteuk’s approval!  Even I was shocked that they let me date Siwon.  More than thirty guys came to get their approval when I was in high school, and they rejected every single one of them.  Sometimes, I hate having overprotective brothers,” Yoona pouted.

 

          Jessica knew that it was true.  Siwon was the only guy that the three brothers really approved of.  She knew that it was a long shot of the three brothers approving another man for Yoona.  Yoona set down the pillow and wiped away her tears with a tissue.  She threw the tissue away and laid down on her bed.  She looked up on the ceiling and sniffled a little.

 

          “How about we go clubbing?  It’s a Saturday night, and when I’m feeling down, I just party it away,” Jessica asked.

 

          After Jessica asked her suggestion, Heechul walked in with a smile on his face.  He was wearing an apron and had an oven mitten on his right hand.  He knocked on the door and entered.  He saw that Yoona’s eyes were still puffed up from her sobbing because of her first breakup. 

 

          “Aw, poor baby!  You’ll get over him, but I came here to tell you guys that dinner is going to be served in ten minutes!  I made Italian food for dinner tonight!  Jessica, are you staying for dinner?” Heechul asked.

 

          “Sorry, but no.  I have some plans for tonight,” she smiled as Heechul nodded and exited the room.

 

          Yoona looked at Jessica as soon as Heechul closed the door.

 

          “I don’t think I could go clubbing.  I have never went and my brothers will never let me.  You saw how Heechul oppa treated me!  He still calls me baby!  I’m not a little child anymore,” Yoona complained.

 

          “That’s why there’s something called sneaking out!” Jessica whispered hoarsely.

 

          “The gates are too high to climb,” Yoona crossed her arms.

 

          “Okay, here’s the plan.  After you eat dinner, it’s going to be about nine o’clock.  Hang out at your house until it’s ten and then tell your brothers that you’re going to go to sleep.  You sneak out from your balcony in your room and I’ll be waiting in front of your house with Yuri.  Lock your bedroom door, but keep a key so that you can go back and your brothers cannot open the door.  Got it?” Jessica instructed.

 

          “Hm, that’s a pretty good plan,” Yoona admitted as Jessica waved to leave the mansion.

 

          Dinner went by smoothly.  Yoona had already stopped crying and the dinner was delicious.  Although Eunhyuk wasn’t present because of a business meeting, the conversation was still good.  Taeyeon was Leeteuk’s wife, and as a famous actress, she suggested to Yoona to start in the acting business.  Leeteuk quickly disapproved and claimed that it was hard being an actress.  Yoona lightly nodded as she finished the rest of her food.  As soon as the clock hit ten o’clock, she announced to everyone that she was going to sleep.

 

          When she got in her room, she took off her clothes and put on a pair of shorts and a blouse.  She took one of the linen sheets from her bed and made it into a rope as she tied one end of it on the balcony railing and threw the other end on the floor.  She started to climb down the rope as quietly and sneakily as she could.  She knew that if her brothers had caught her, they would have probably put bars on her windows and locked the balcony in her room.  She walked towards the gate and remembered that because of her small waist, she could fit under a gap from the metal fence bars.  She crawled under and as soon as she made it midway, she froze.   She saw that her brother, Eunhyuk was running towards her.  She closed her eyes in disbelief.  This could not be happening to her.  She could hear Yuri and Jessica’s car waiting outside.  She slid out of the gap and stood in front of her brother. 

 

          Eunhyuk looked at her with disbelief.  He just couldn’t believe that his little sister was attempting to sneak out.  Yoona looked down as Eunhyuk looked at her.

 

          “Yoona, why are you sneaking out?” he crossed his arms.

 

          “I wanted to go out tonight and I knew that the three of you guys wouldn’t let me out after ten,” Yoona mumbled.

 

          “Fine, go, but you better be home before Heechul’s wakeup call!” Eunhyuk laughed as he hugged his sister.

 

          Yoona was a bit shocked of his approval.  She hugged him tight as she kissed him on the cheek.  She crawled back to the gap, successfully crawled out and entered the car.  Eunhyuk only let her go because he knew that she was going through a hard breakup.  He wanted her to have a little fun after the 21 years of boring that the three brothers had given her.

 

          Yoona got into the car and started to smile widely.  Jessica was driving with Yuri in the front seat.  Yoona got into the backseat and sighed in relief.  She still could not believe that Eunhyuk had allowed her to go out.

 

          “Hey girl!” Yuri yelled.

 

          “Hello!  Oh my goodness, I was caught by one of my brothers.  He let me go though.  I think he felt really sorry for me,” Yoona informed them.

 

          “See, this night was meant to happen!  Fate wanted this night to take place!” Jessica claimed.

 

          The three girls got out of the car and entered the club.  Yoona was amazed that the club bouncer let them in without waiting in line.  Jessica explained to her that they got in quickly because they were pretty.  Yoona nodded signaling that she understood.  There were flashing lights everywhere with music blaring out of all the speakers in the club.  Yoona saw that mostly everyone in the club had a drink in their hand.  Yoona swore that there were more than six bars.  It was a pretty big club.  She felt a little nauseated so she told Yuri and Jessica that she was going to go to the restroom.  While she was in the restroom, she quickly splashed some cold water into her face.  This was her first time clubbing, but she couldn’t get over the fact that Siwon had left her.  She looked at herself in the mirror.  She knew that people wouldn’t recognize her.  When she went on television as an heiress, she wouldn’t wear that much makeup to look innocent and her makeup artists claimed that she didn’t need it.  Here she was with heavy makeup.  She looked five years older.  Her phone rang signaling that she had just received a text message.

 

Ice_Princess:  Yoona, Yuri and I left the club because she spotted her older brother there!  She told him that she was studying late.  I’ll be back after I drop Yuri off.

GoddessYoona:  Oh, okay then.  I’ll see you in a few minutes.

 

          Yoona wiped her face with a paper towel, removing all the makeup, and exited the bathroom.  She didn’t want to be sober.  If she was sober, she would be thinking about Siwon, and she really didn’t want to think of him.  Yoona went to one of the bars and ordered some drinks.  She amazed the bartender because she would order, drink it straight, and then order again.  Yoona was on her fifth drink as she started to feel heavily dizzy.  She felt the world spinning in her sight.  She paid the bartender and made her way to the dance floor.  She looked so crazy dancing by herself.  A man then approached her and started dancing behind her.  She looked at him and moved a little away, but he pursued her.  He was starting to get touchy, and Yoona noticed it.  She pushed him roughly as he fell to the floor.

 

          “Hey, y-you aren’t supposed to touch me!  You nasty, nasty ert!” she screamed as she drank the rest of the margarita in her cup.

 

          “Listen, woman.  You’re drunk and it makes it even easier for men to sleep with you,” he stated.

 

          Yoona was a little startled as he grabbed her arm roughly and pulled her out of the dance floor. 

 

          “Come on, you’re going home with me,” the man stated.

 

          “What the hell!  I’m not a e, you fat head,” she yelled.

 

          The man continued to drag her towards the exit until some other men interfered.  Yoona was a little shocked to see two other men stop the man from completely dragging her out of the club.  Yoona was amazed that the two men were actually defending her.  Yoona was drunk, but she could tell that one of men was drunk and the other one wasn’t.  Yoona saw that the drunken one threw a punch at Yoona’s assaulter.  The erted man soon fell to the floor and ran away.  The one that wasn’t drunk looked at his watch and frowned.

 

          “Seunghyun, I really have to go now.  I have a meeting in the morning,” he said as he left.

 

          “Okay, Taeyang.  Just make sure that you be careful when you’re driving.  Y-you don’t want the c-cops arresting you for driving under the influence,” Seunghyun slurred.

 

          “You really are drunk.  If you didn’t remember, I don’t drink!” Taeyang exclaimed as he walked out of the club.

 

          Yoona could not remember the rest of the night because of her excessive drinking.  She did remember that she thanked him and they did leave the club together in his red Lamborghini. 

 

          Jessica got out of her car and walked back to the club.  She had been calling Yoona several times to be sent to voicemail every single time.  Jessica entered the club after showing her ID and looked around the whole building.  She couldn’t find Yoona.  She looked in the restrooms, the dance floors, and the bars, but she just wasn’t there.  She grunted in frustration.  It was almost midnight, and she started to worry.  She approached one of the bouncers and took out her phone.  She looked through her pictures and showed a picture of Yoona and Jessica together.

 

          “Excuse me, mister, but have you seen my friend?” Jessica asked him.

 

          He pondered for a moment as he looked at the displayed picture on her phone.

 

          “Yeah, she left like twenty minutes ago.  She left with a tall, rich looking man.  The both of them looked pretty drunk,” the bouncer told her.

 

          “Oh no, this cannot be happening!” Jessica screamed.

 

The next morning…

 

          Yoona slowly opened her eyes.  Her head was hurting and her body was aching.  She felt a soft mattress under her body, so she concluded that she was in some sort of hotel after seeing the interior of the room.  She could feel a large comforter covering her body.  She tried to remove it, but she quickly put it back on.  She quickly noticed that she was .  She closed her eyes in disbelief.  She told herself that if there was a man sleeping next to her, then something may have happened last night.  She slowly opened her eyes and shifted her head towards her right.  There was a man sleeping!  Of course, he was covered by another blanket.  Yoona started to panic as she wrapped her whole body with the blanket and grabbed her clothes.  She quickly put on her underwear, her shorts, and her blouse.  She could not believe that she had lost her ity to a man she didn’t know.  Before the man even woke up, she exited the hotel room after leaving some money for the cost of the hotel room.  She was in the elevator as she called Jessica’s phone.  Her phone informed her that she had 16 missed calls from Jessica.  Jessica quickly agreed to pick her up.  She looked at the time in her phone and saw that it was only seven o’clock in the morning.  She sighed in relief because Heechul’s personal daily wakeup call was at eight o’clock.  Yoona waited in the front of the hotel as she saw Jessica’s car speeding towards her.  Jessica hit the brakes as Yoona got in.  Yuri was in the back seat.

 

          “What happened?” Yuri blurted out.

 

          “Why didn’t you answer my phone calls!?” Jessica asked.

 

          “Why did we have to pick you up in front of a hotel?” the two shouted out together.

 

          Yoona put her head down against the car door.  She was just disappointed in herself, and her head was still hurting because of the hangover.  She looked so frustrated as she tried to speak up and tell them what had happened.

 

          “I just can’t believe it!” Yoona screamed.

 

          “Tell us while we drop you off home,” Yuri suggested.

 

          “It’s just that after you two left the club, I went straight to the bar so that I could get drunk and forget about Siwon even if it was only temporary.  I was so drunk that I went to the main dance floor and started to dance crazily.  A man tried to take advantage of me and was stopped by two men.  One of the men left while the other one stayed.  I remember going into his car.  The next thing I know I wake up next to him this morning!  I had with a stranger!  I am not pure anymore,” Yoona was close to tears.

 

          “Tell me, was the man cute?” Yuri asked.

 

          “Well, he’s hot.  He’s tall and he’s handsome.  His face looks so masculine and he does have a physique, but that’s not the point!  I had with him!  He got more action with me in one day than Siwon had in two years!” Yoona complained.

 

          “Damn, he does sound hot.  That stranger must be smoking,” Yuri claimed.

 

          “Yoona, it’s not all that bad.  On the bright side, at least you don’t remember it.  It’s good that you don’t remember it because if it’s your first time, it’ll most likely hurt and plus you don’t have any memories about it,” Jessica explained.

 

          “That is true, but I do prefer to stay pure and innocent.  My brothers will be so disappointed in me!” Yoona cried.

 

          “Don’t tell your brothers!  They’ll go on a witch hunt for that man, and they’ll never give you any freedom,” Jessica advised.

 

          “I won’t then, but I need to go!” Yoona said as the car parked in front of her house.

 

          She crawled under the gap and climbed the linen rope that she had left out.  She quickly climbed it and stood on the top of her balcony.  She took off the rope and threw it away in the trashcan.  She went into the restroom and put some eye drops in her eyes to make the bloodshot color disappear.  She brushed her teeth and used mouthwash, to make the alcohol smell disappear from her breath.  She went back into her room, threw her shorts and blouse into her laundry hamper, and put on a pair of pajamas and unlocked her bedroom door.  She ran to her bed and pretended that she was sleeping.  After a few minutes, Heechul knocked on her door and burst out singing as he opened the door.

 

          “It’s a wonderful morning!  The sun is shining bright!” he sang loudly as he removed the blanket from Yoona.  Yoona quickly sat up and smiled.

 

          “Good morning, oppa,” Yoona greeted.

 

          “Come on!  You need to get up and eat breakfast!  Taeyeon made a wonderful breakfast of bacon, pancakes, and eggs!” Heechul announced as he led his sister to the dining room.

 

          Yoona smiled at the aroma of the scrumptious breakfast that Taeyeon had created.  Taeyeon smiled at her sister-in-law as Eunhyuk pulled out a chair next to him signaling Yoona to sit next to him.  Yoona took a seat as Heechul served her some breakfast.  Yoona started to eat her breakfast.  She noticed that Heechul and Eunhyuk’s girlfriends, Sohee and Hyoyeon, were there.

 

          “So Yoona, you graduated Seoul University majoring in theater and music.  You should really become a singer.  I have heard you sing, and it’s nice to the ears,” Sohee complimented.

 

          “Thank you, unnie, but Leeteuk and Heechul oppa told me to stick to the family business,” Yoona looked down at her food.

 

          “That’s right.  She just needs to focus on our family business,” Leeteuk confirmed, “She’s going to get criticized in the entertainment business.  She won’t like it there.  She won’t be able to handle it.”

 

          Taeyeon lightly hit her husband on the shoulder.

 

          “Honey, how can you say that?  I can handle the criticism in the entertainment business just fine and Yoona is a stronger willed woman than me.  She can handle it better than me,” Taeyeon defended.

 

          “Yeah, and I have seen her dance.  She’s multi-talented.  This girl can sing, act, and dance.  She could even become a model with her long legs and beautiful face!” Hyoyeon pointed out.

 

          Heechul decided to change the subject.  He just didn’t want Yoona entering the entertainment business.

 

          “Yoona, why did you sleep so early last night?  You looked so excited to sleep,” Heechul asked with suspicion.

 

          “I was just really tired,” Yoona lied.

 

          “Are you sure?  I never met anyone so excited to sleep,” Leeteuk suspected.

 

          “She was sleeping.  I checked up on her when I got home.  It was around eleven and she was sleeping,” Eunhyuk backed her up. 

 

          Yoona gave him a smile and a high five under the table.  Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon, Sohee, and Taeyeon were the only ones in the family to let her have a little freedom.  She continued to finish her food as she thought that it was as if nothing had ever happened.

 

Three weeks later…

 

          Yoona grinned to herself as she lounged on a couch as she watched some television.  Leeteuk, Taeyeon, Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon, Sohee, and Heechul were all gone in an overseas meeting with other business moguls.  Yuri was finally able to visit the Park household again without the brothers in the picture.  Jessica was eating a bowl of popcorn as Yuri was sipping on a glass of soda.  Yoona sat up and started to feel her stomach agitate.  She felt like she was going to throw up anytime soon.  Yoona ran to the restroom next to living room and started to throw up continuously.  She felt her stomach churning as she continued to vomit.  Jessica and Yuri quickly entered the bathroom to see that Yoona was throwing up into a toilet.  She was finally done when she lifted herself with her arms and flushed down her vomit. 

 

          “Yoona, what’s wrong?” Yuri asked, “Did you eat anything that upset your stomach?”

 

          “No, the only thing that I ate today was cereal.  There must be something wrong with me.  Maybe I’m coming down with the flu or something,” Yoona suggested.

 

          Jessica felt her forehead and shook her head in rejection of the idea that she was coming down with a fever.

 

          “You know, that was exactly how my sister felt and said before she found out that she was pregnant,” Jessica cocked an eyebrow.

 

          Yoona laughed at the statement.  She just couldn’t imagine herself pregnant.  She only had one time, and she knew that if she was, a lot of chaos would pursue the Park family.  Her brothers would go crazy and they would lock her in her room forever.

 

          “Oh, you mean Tiffany unnie?  Didn’t she get pregnant by Wooyoung oppa before they got married?” Yuri asked.

 

          “No, they got married first and then she got pregnant.  My niece is only two months old, but she’s already so adorable!  Well back to the subject.  Yoona, did you use condoms or were you at least on the pill?” Jessica asked.

 

          “I know that I wasn’t on the pill because I never was.  I don’t know if he used a .  I don’t remember anything!” Yoona admitted.

 

          “Yoona, you may be pregnant,” Yuri announced as Yoona screamed at the top of her lungs.

 

          The three women rushed to a nearby convenient store and bought about ten pregnancy tests.  They rushed back home as Yoona began gulping down a glass of water so that she could produce even more urine.  She took all ten boxes and ran to the bathroom as Yuri started to rip the pregnancy test boxes open.  Yoona used all of the tests and set down all down in a line on the counter next to the sink.  The boxes said to wait a few minutes before checking the plastic sticks.  Yuri and Jessica were as anxious as Yoona was.  Yoona was hoping that all of the tests will say that they’re negative.  A few minutes ticked by as Jessica read off the sticks as Yoona and Yuri took a seat on the side of the bathtub.

 

          “It’s time for the results.  I’ll read them in order:  positive, negative, positive, positive, positive, positive, negative, positive, positive, and positive.  That’s eight out of ten positive, Yoona,” Jessica announced.

 

          Yoona was in disbelief.  She went to the ten sticks and saw that Jessica was not lying.  She grunted in despair as she threw all ten of the pregnancy tests down the trash can.  She took some of the toilet paper and covered it up, so that her brothers would not discover them.  Yoona knew that she needed to get a doctor’s approval that she was actually pregnant, but as of now, there was a possibility she was pregnant.  She sighed and looked down at the floor as her eyes began to fill up with tears.

 

          “You still need to go to a doctor to confirm it, but what will you do if those pregnancy tests are correct?” Yuri questioned.

 

          “I don’t know.  I know that if I am pregnant, I’m not going to abort it.  I would never kill a baby, especially if it’s mine.  I just need to face the punishments for my careless actions.  I shouldn’t have drank until Jessica came back.  If the doctor confirms the pregnancy, I guess I’ll have to tell my brothers,” Yoona worried.