i. Ready, Set, and Begin

I [♥] U [discontinued]

 

i.
Ready, Set, and Begin
 
 
 

"By the way, have you guys heard? Bangtan Sonyeondan will be enrolling in our school!" 

It's a quarter past ten and the girls are seated cross-legged on the floor of the cafe's attic. Today is the Sunday before school starts and it's their tradition to gather at the cafe the night before school starts, catching up with each other after the long break. Seulgi eyes Yerim who is practically bouncing in her seat, excited from the news she just brought to the group, although she can't really say the same for herself. "Who?"

Four pairs of eyes stare at her disbelievingly. "Which rock are you living under, unnie?" Sooyoung asks, shock lacing her voice. Seungwan and Yerim's jaw were wide opened, not quite believing what they just heard. The subject in question just shrugs, not really paying attention to the matter at the moment.

While her friends are surprised that Seulgi apparently isn't familiar with Bangtan Sonyeondan--"they're only the hottest boy group of the year, unnie!" Yerim had squeaked indignantly--she becomes a bit curious about this so-called hottest boy group.

"Why do you call them the hottest boy group of the year?" Seulgi asked.

"Well, for starters, they're extremely good-looking. Their songs are amazing and they write their own lyrics! Isn't that so cool?" Seungwan explains to her, continued by Yerim. "Yeah! They're, like, climbing their way to the top and they're so good that netizens can't help but praise them. Plus, the maknae, Jeon Jeongguk? Totally my type." The dreamy look in Yerim's eyes causes the group to laugh.

Joohyun sips her warm mug of tea and added, "I'm actually friends with one of them, you know," which elicits a gasp from the others. 

"You must be kidding."

The tone of Seungwan's voice makes Joohyun laugh. "Actually, no. Seokjin used to be my neighbour until we were in elementary and at our first year in middle school he got casted to become a trainee."

"Jin?! Used to be your neighbour?!" Sooyoung shrieks, sounding entirely scandalized. Yerim, who is now obviously the biggest Bangtan Sonyeondan fangirl amongst them, asks. "Please tell me you were at least attracted to him at some point." Joohyun ponders for a moment. "Not really, no. It's no big deal, guys, they're just human too, like us."

Yerim is ready to wail in agony because who in the world could think that Kim Seokjin isn't attractive (Bae Joohyun, apparently). "Beautiful and talented human beings who are a worldwide sensation!"

"We're beautiful and talented human beings," Seulgi quips from behind the bag of chips she's currently munching on. "True," Sooyoung answers, "but we're not worldwide yet, sadly."

"Yeah, we could form a girl group, you know? We can have stage names and such." 

 Before the topic could be breached any further ("our name could be Red Velvet, since it's where we got close to each other." "But that's so basic!"), Seungwan changes the topic. "Wait, if Bangtan enrolls in our school, that means they're going to be in all of our classes, won't they? They're our age, right?"

"Huh," Sooyoung wonders, "you're right. Jin is Joohyun-unnie's friend, which means he's going to be in twelfth grade. So will Suga, I think." Seungwan continues, "Yes! And Rap Monster and J-Hope were born in the same year as us, Seul, that means he's going to be in our class!"

"Wait, wait. Sooyoung-unnie is two years younger than Seul-unnie and Wan-unnie, so does that mean Jimin and V will also be eleventh graders?" With Seungwan's excited shriek in the background upon the realization, Yerim mumbles dejectedly, "what a joy, having four members of Bangtan in their class all at once."

"Jeongguk's a freshman though." Joohyun added helpfully. And in an instant, Seungwan and Yerim are jumping and shouting in excitement. Seulgi doesn't really understand why having new students in their school is such a big deal, but then again, not all new students are international popstars. When they're starting to get tired from all the screaming and jumping, Seungwan and Yerim sits back down. 

"Seul, you're absolutely going to love Jimin. He sings and dances, just like you! I have a feeling you're going to get along really well with him." Seungwan beams at Seulgi.

Jimin, huh? Let's see what you've got, boy.

 


 

"Hyung, seriously, it's just school. There's nothing remotely special about it." Jeongguk says through the mouthful of kimbap he's stuffing his mouth with. A few bits of rice fly out and land on Jimin and Taehyung, both of whom shouting "ew, gross!" at the same time, shoving Jeongguk off the couch.

Seokjin continues to iron the uniform, ignoring Jeongguk's words. "Well, even if it's just school," he throws a reprimanding glance towards the maknae who grins sheepishly in return, "it'll be embarassing if Bangtan Sonyeondan, talk of the country, arrives with wrinkled shirt and untidy pants."

"We won't, that's why we have you, hyung," Namjoon answers Seokjin with a grin. He's in the middle of writing lyrics for a new song with Hoseok and Yoongi, the three of them seated next to each other at the dining table. Crumpled papers filled with angry scratches of crossed out words scatter all over the table but judging by Yoongi's approving raise of eyebrows while reading the ones currently Hoseok is writing on, they made quite a good job.

A few snickers are heard from the spot in front of the TV in response to Namjoon's answer. One glare from Seokjin and they all immediately shut their mouths in fear of Seokjin refusing to cook for them again.

Jimin wonders aloud, "I've forgotten how does it feel being a student," followed by an agreeing grunt from Taehyung and Jeongguk. "Yeah, the last time I went to school was in seventh grade," Taehyung supplies. 

"Maybe it's good that Bang PD-nim made us go back to school," Hoseok says from where he's seated. "We really need to socialize with people, real people who aren't our producers or staff or manager or choreographers. Like, real teenagers."

"How do you think the student will be like, hyung?" Jeongguk asks.

Their manager informed them yesterday that their classes and timetables have already been printed out: Seokjin and Yoongi will be attending twelfth grade while Hoseok, Namjoon, Taehyung and Jimin in the eleventh grade. Which leaves Jeongguk in the tenth grade. As the maknae, it's perfectly understandable that Jeongguk is the most nervous because even without his shyness or difficulty dealing with new people, he'll be alone in his class without his hyungs to guide him.

Seokjin coos at the poorly concealed worry in Jeongguk's voice. "Aw, Jeonggukkie, it'll be alright. I'm sure your new friends are lovely and will help you. Just remember to not be rude at them, you tend to do that a lot when you're nervous."

Taehyung claps enthusiastically. "Maybe we can even be in those high school chaebol drama like in the TVs!" He fist bumps with Jimin, who apparently has the same idea.

A snort is heard from the general direction of the dining table. "We've got enough drama with the netizens to last us a lifetime, why would you want to get involved in cliched high school teenage drama?" Yoongi says. Hoseok, who is sitting next to him, grins and nudges his shoulder jokingly. 

"Who knows, hyung, maybe you'll be the one who gets involved in those cliched high school teenage drama."

Yeah, who knows? 

 
 
 


 
 
author's note: here i am with the (very short) chapter 1! i'm so sorry that it's short but i've been studying my off for exams so updates won't be regular. i'm also very sorry that this is bad but please do let me know what do you think of this chapter! views, subscribes, comments, upvotes are all very dear to me and i love you all<3
 

 

 

layout by dream_keeper88