(i): xiuhan

12 Days of eXoMAS

It was the first day of spring when the two had first met. The weather outside was still brisk, a chilling breeze passing through the university's grand campus, affecting the small amount of people who had decided to be out so early in the morning. On the furthest corners of the campus, a young brunette was crouched inside tall grass, seemingly infatuated in that which he was staring at. He had not noticed that there was another male nearby, who had stopped to watch the brunette's obsession with the grass. The brunette only distantly noticed the footsteps which were slowly approaching him, becoming louder with every step they took. The footsteps then stopped when they reached him. The other man crouched besides him.

 

"You've been out here quite often lately." The man commented. The brunette did not respond to him, instead opting to focus more intently on the tall grass. The man who had come to join him was confounded by the brunette's infatuation, and wondered if he was simply a little bit mental. He considered leaving, ready to give up on any possibility of conversation. However, he still turned his head to try to get a better view at whatever the brunette was staring at. When he turned his head, he saw it. A small yellow butterfly lay atop one of the blades of grass, its' wings fluttering ever so slightly as the cool breeze blew past. The man turned towards the brunette once more, in another attempt to start conversation.

 

"Are you studying entomology?" He questioned. To that, the brunette shook his head. He continued staring at the yellow insect until its’ wings “flapped” and it decided to fly away. That was when the brunette finally laid his eyes on the other man.

 

The other man was blonde, with an extremely young face. If the brunette hadn't known better, he would have assumed the man was in high school. His features were soft, and he gave off a smile which complimented them greatly. The two straightened, as with the butterfly being gone, there was no need to crouch. Once again, the blonde was the first to say something.

 

“You’ve been out here quite often lately.” He started, repeating his ignored comment from earlier.

 

“Ah… yes. I’ve been looking for that butterfly. It was a Cloudless Sulphur, which are spotted most frequently in the early spring. To see one means the winter truthfully is finally over.” The brunette explained.

 

“Are you sure you aren’t studying entomology?” The blonde questioned, half-jokingly. To this, the brunette gave a short laugh.

 

“No, I’m not. I simply enjoy the small things in life.” He responded. He heard an appreciative “oh” escape the blonde’s mouth as he gave a nod in response.

 

"It's quite early, though." The blonde commented, thinking aloud, "Why didn't you come at a later time?"

 

"It's easier to get a bright start to the day. I enjoy nature, and it's less noisy outside at this time." The brunette replied. Once again, the blonde nodded in agreement.

 

“I’m Minseok.” The brunette said after a period of silence, offering out his hand.

 

“Luhan.” The blonde replied, taking the offered hand and shaking it. When they had gotten the introductions out of the way (although a bit late), the brunette continued the conversation.

 

“And you?" He asked, "Why are you out so early?"

 

"My answer would be similar to yours. I enjoy the morning air, and I like to take walks to start off my day. It helps that it isn’t as noisy as it is in the afternoon.” To this, Minseok gave a little hum of agreement. When he pulled out his phone to check the time, though, he noticed it was about time to start getting back to his apartment. He spoke up with intention to end the conversation.

 

"Well, I should probably go." Minseok said. Though it was a Sunday and he had no classes, he still felt the need to stick to his schedule and get ready for the day. However, Luhan protested.

 

"Come, let's have a coffee." He offered. Minseok raised an eyebrow to this. To sit and have coffee with somebody he just met would most definitely be strange, to say the least. However, somehow, he found himself agreeing. Perhaps it was him jumping at the chance to make a friend, or the fact that the way Luhan made time to start conversation with him had intrigued the brunette. He made a quick text to his roommate, informing him that he would come in later than usual. He got a simple "k" in response, and began to head off to the town with Luhan.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After that day, Minseok found himself by the tall grass more frequently. Each day he would study something else until Luhan came along. At some point, he even studied the grass itself. It became a routine, to walk with Luhan and talk about the little things in life. To get their coffee together, and sit in the corner of the small café, talking about the events of the previous day. At times they sat in silence as they stared out the window before continuing their conversation. Minseok was unsure if they could call each other "friends," but they most definitely felt more than acquaintances. When the relationship they had confused him, he decided not to put a name on it, instead choosing to enjoy what they had. After their daily coffee, they would part ways. They went in opposite directions and didn't see each other until the following day.

 

A few days into the arrangement, however, Minseok was not in the grass. He was nowhere near the grass. This disappointed Luhan, for he had started looking forward to seeing the brunette in the mornings, but it made sense. It wasn't like they had specifically spoken about meeting up every day. It was simply something to look forward to. The blonde got his coffee alone that day. He stayed in the café for a shorter time than usual.

 

Later that day, he stopped by into the library. Exams were coming up soon, so he figured it would be wise to begin studying. He was in one of the many isles of bookcases when he heard a high-pitched laughter. He recognized that laughter as one of his classmates, and decided it would be nice to say hello, even if the other male was quite noisy. He briefly wondered what the man was doing in the library- after all, he didn't quite seem like the studying type. When he finished picking out the books he needed, he walked out of the isle and turned to the direction in which he heard the laughter, walking towards it. Eventually, a familiar face came into view, only it wasn't the one he expected.

 

It was Minseok. Beside Minseok was Luhan's classmate, Jongdae. Luhan walked up to the pair, who, upon noticing him, appeared surprised that he was there.

 

"Hey," Luhan started, "You guys know each other?" He asked. The two looked at each other, and then at Luhan.

 

"You know each other?" They both asked, repeating Luhan's question, only directing it to the other. Luhan let out a laugh at their mutual confusion, and the two soon followed, laughing along. Luhan pulled up a chair to their table, getting himself comfortable.

 

"He's in photography with me." Jongdae explained, looking towards Minseok, "How do you know him?"

 

"This is the guy I've been hanging out with lately." Minseok said. Jongdae's eyes widened.

 

"This is him? This is mystery morning coffee guy?" Jongdae asked, bewildered. Minseok nodded.

 

"Wow. Small world." He said. Minseok laughed in response to this.

 

"So, how do you two know each other?" Luhan asked, speaking up after they settled things.

 

"We're best friends." Jongdae said.

 

"He's my roommate." Minseok said, at the same time.

 

"Hey!" Jongdae shouted in a mock-offended tone, pretending to go attack Minseok. Minseok simply pushed him back playfully, laughing.

 

"We've known each other since middle school." He explained, turning back to Luhan. Luhan looked between the two. To him, they seemed like quite an unlikely pair to be best friends. Opposites really do attract, he thought.

 

"Why are you guys here?" Luhan asked, but quickly realized it was a silly question. Exams were soon. Did he think they were simply joking around in the library?

 

"Studying. Jongdae dragged me here." Minseok replied. Jongdae looked as though he was ready to retaliate with something, but soon closed his mouth when he realized it was true.

 

"Ah, so that's why I didn't see you this morning." Luhan said, mostly to himself. Minseok nodded.

 

"Why didn't you just text him?" Jongdae asked Minseok. To this, Minseok widened his eyes, as if the idea of texting never crossed his mind.

 

"I... don't have his number." He said dumbly. Jongdae let out another boisterous laugh.

 

"Oh, come on guys! Aren't you supposed to be going on morning coffee dates with each other? You haven't even given each other your numbers!" He said, as if their situation was incredibly ridiculous to him.

 

"We're not dating. We just met." Luhan said.

 

"Yeah, okay, but if you have coffee arrangements every morning, isn't it a bit inconvenient not to have contact with each other?" Jongdae questioned in response. Luhan did see a point to this. Jongdae shook his head.

 

"Minseok, you're terrible at social interaction." He stated.

 

"Why are you still here?" Minseok retaliated. Luhan couldn't help but laugh at their bickering. He pulled out his phone to give to Minseok, so he could put his number in. After Jongdae's relentless teasing, they all spent the rest of the day studying together, until it was time for the library to close. They then walked their separate ways, Minseok heading to the apartment with Jongdae, and Luhan to his own apartment.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A couple of weeks had passed since Minseok and Luhan had exchanged phone numbers. Since then, they had grown closer, between the morning walks they took together and the hangouts they had started to plan together. It turned out they had more mutuals than they initially thought they had. Minseok's friend, Kyungsoo, turned out to be in Luhan's vocal lessons. Minseok had a class with Luhan's friends, Sehun and Jongin. On top of that, it turned out Luhan was friends with Joonmyeon, one of Minseok's older friends.

 

It was another typical morning, only Minseok had a little bit of twist planned out. There was a bench by the grassy area in which they had always met up in, which Luhan never paid attention to. Minseok had woken up feeling playful that morning, and had decided to play a small prank on him. When Luhan arrived in the area, he looked around for Minseok. Minseok skillfully hid behind the bench, clutching something within his hands. Luhan looked down at his phone to text Minseok about his whereabouts, and that was Minseok's cue.

 

He tossed what was in his hand at Luhan, yelling, "Snake!" Luhan yelped, almost dropping his phone as he jumped to heights Minseok could have never imagined. Minseok broke into a fit of laughter as Luhan came down from his initial shock, staring at the rubber snake on the floor in horror.

 

When the boys calmed down, Luhan shouted, "I hate you!" Which only caused Minseok to laugh harder.

 

"Uh huh. Sure you do." Minseok said, walking over to sloppily toss his arm around Luhan's shoulder. Luhan shrunk in his embrace, continuing.

 

"You know I hate snakes!" He said, whining.

 

"That's why it was so funny!" Minseok said. In response to him, Luhan ducked from the arm which was around his shoulder, and hit Minseok on the head. Minseok flinched, rubbing the back of his head in pain as the tables were turned and Luhan was the one laughing.

 

"You're gonna regret that, Lu!" Minseok shouted.

 

"Sure I will!" Luhan retorted sarcastically, and with that, he ran. It was an invitation to be children for a short amount of time. Minseok accepted.

 

They ran to the café that day, arriving with short breaths, sweaty bodies, and smiles on their faces.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They were grocery shopping together, because Jongdae had asked Minseok to buy something to fill the fridge. Minseok had initially refused, claiming he was the only one who bought the groceries these days. It was a fairly one-sided argument, and Minseok was certain he was winning it, until Jongdae pulled out his cute faces, calling, "Hyung!" in an attempt to make Minseok feel bad and go, anyway. Minseok finally relented at this, groaning as Jongdae's pout turned into a large grin.

 

"Thanks, hyung!" He called as he left the dorm to hang out with some friends he had been talking about, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Minseok had sighed as he threw his head back onto the couch he was laying on, wondering not for the first time what he had gotten himself into. Then, he got a text from Luhan, complaining about homework. A grin appeared on Minseok's face as he got an idea. He went to Luhan's contact information, pressing call.

 

Luhan, too, initially refused.

 

He relented eventually.

 

So there they were, a bag full of snacks in hand at the supermarket, when Luhan tapped Minseok and pointed outside. Minseok looked out the store's large windows to see that dark clouds had begun gathering, and rain was now following down on the city streets. He had spent a large amount of money on the snacks, and they had no way to get home dry. He checked his wallet once more, and noticed he had enough money to buy an umbrella.

 

"It's only enough for one." He commented.

 

"That's fine, I'll wait for the storm to calm down before heading home." Luhan said. At this, Minseok shook his head.

 

"No, we'll share it." He said.

 

"Are you sure?" Luhan asked.

 

"Of course. I asked for you to come here with me. It would be rude of me not to offer something as simple as this." Minseok replied. Luhan did not object. Minseok paid for the umbrella, and they began to head out.

 

"We'll go to my place, since it's closer than yours." Minseok said. Luhan simply nodded in agreement. They had a fairly quiet walk back to Minseok's place, with the exception of a few jokes here and there to make the walk seem less long. By the time they got to the apartment, they were both half soaked in rainwater. At least the food didn't get wet, Minseok thought. They were greeted by a voice deeper within the apartment.

 

"About time you got back!" Jongdae called. "How was the rain?" He asked cheekily as Minseok and Luhan made their way into the living room. He was playing something on their PS3, and appeared to be very concentrated on it.

 

"Hey, Luhan." He said as Luhan came into his peripheral vision.

 

"It was ty, I'm soaked." Minseok said, throwing the bag of snacks he had bought at Jongdae in an attempt to catch him off-guard and break his concentration. However, Jongdae, the guy with great reflexes that he was, managed to pause his game just in time to catch the bag of snacks. He looked through the bag, and, when he couldn't find what he was looking for, he let out a loud whine.

 

"You didn't buy the cookies I asked for!" He yelled.

 

"Boo-hoo, next time you go shopping." Minseok retorted. "Why are you here, anyway? Weren't you going out with your friends? Chan...baek? Baekyeol? What were their names, again?" To this, Jongdae's whining turned into loud laughter. Minseok found himself questioning why they were friends, once again.

 

"It's Chanyeol and Baekhyun. But those are great ship names!! I can't wait to call them that whenever they're being incredibly gay. We saw the sky getting darker, so we all ran for it." He said, before putting the bag aside and resuming his game.

 

"What are you playing?" Luhan asked, the game on the large television screen piquing his interest.

 

"Huh? Oh, this is Street Fighter. Street Fighter 4, to be exact." Jongdae replied, casually knocking out Ken. He was playing as Ryu this time, one of his favorite characters. "You can join in next round!" He promised.

 

"He can join in after he showers." Minseok corrected, dragging Luhan away from the living room.

 

"What do you mean? I didn't bring any clothes." Luhan said, allowing himself to be dragged to the bathroom.

 

"You could borrow some of mine. You're soaking, you'll get sick by the time that dries on you." Minseok said. Luhan huffed.

 

"Alright, mom. I'll get on it." He said as he caught the towel Minseok threw him, closing the door.

 

"You'll thank me later!" Minseok called, hearing Luhan turning on the water.

 

By the time Luhan finished showering, (and being extremely picky about what he was to wear from Minseok's closet), Jongdae had set up the extra controller. He tossed it to Luhan, telling him he would go easy on him since it was his first time playing. Minseok laughed to himself, making his way to the shower. "I'll play winner!" He called as he made his way to the bathroom.

 

When he got out of the shower, he was surprised to hear that Luhan had won. Repeatedly.

 

"Dude, this guy's a god." Jongdae said. Minseok shook his head in response, laughing at Jongdae.

 

"Yeah, right. You're just bad. You let the new guy beat you! to ." He replied, jumping over the back of the couch and landing comfortably next to Luhan, picking up the controller.

 

"Yeah, whatever, you'll lose, too." Jongdae stated.

 

"That's what you think." Minseok countered.

 

"Wanna bet?" Jongdae asked.

 

"Done. Whoever loses does the laundry next." Minseok replied.

 

"You're in. I'm betting Luhan will win." Jongdae said.

 

"Of course you are." Minseok said. With that, they began.

 

Luhan won the match. Minseok was in shock, and Luhan took a great amount of joy in making fun of Minseok's gaping face.

 

" to ." Jongdae said, repeating Minseok's earlier phrase, "I can't believe you let the new guy beat you."

 

"You little-" Minseok started, getting up to attack Jongdae. Luhan simply laughed at their childishness, pulling out his phone to record their wrestling. They spent the rest of the rainy afternoon like that, playing video games and bickering. By the time the sun had set, it was still raining. Minseok took one look out the window and decided he wasn't going to let Luhan go alone to his apartment.

 

"You can sleep over." Minseok said.

 

"Are you sure?" Luhan asked. Minseok then gave him a look that made Luhan regret asking if he was sure. He then nodded, getting up to get sheets and pillows.

 

"You can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch." Minseok said. Just as Luhan opened his mouth to ask once again if he was sure, Minseok called out, "And don't ask me if I'm sure!" Luhan laughed to himself.

 

That night, as Minseok was setting up his "bed" on the couch, Luhan stared at him, a certain feeling of adoration for the brunette coursing through him.

 

It had appeared as though he had begun to catch feelings.

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After the sleepover, the two had started spending more time at each other's places. Initially, they spent a lot of time at Minseok's apartment, simply because it was closer to the café than Luhan's, and Minseok had more games to play at his place. Then, Jongdae started bringing his new friends over more frequently. They were just as boisterous as Jongdae (in fact, Minseok thought Baekhyun was even louder than Jongdae-- a feat he didn't imagine possible.), and would team up with him against Minseok. When Luhan started joining in on their teasing, Minseok decided Luhan's apartment would be the new hangout.

 

They had a new routine, now. They'd meet up in the morning, go to the café, and then head for Luhan's place to study, or play games, or watch movies. They did much together. This time, they were seated on Luhan's couch, in front of his TV (which was just a little bit smaller than Minseok's). They were having a Marvel marathon, starting from the very first movie. Minseok had told Jongdae in advance that he would be sleeping over Luhan's for the day. (To which Jongdae responded excitedly--"Yay! I can finally have Chanbaek at my house!"-- Minseok was terrified to check on the apartment the next day.) Luhan had just pressed play on the remote, and was now watching the movie intently. They both absentmindedly went for the popcorn between them, finishing the bowl before the first half of the movie ended. They had started on the first Captain America (because "that's where it begins, Luhan!"). Minseok really enjoyed Marvel. Luhan didn't mind. He liked action, and the plot wasn't half bad. He had no trouble staying awake through the Captain America and Iron Man movies, but as night crawled on them and it was time to watch Thor, Luhan found himself drifting off. He was never a big fan of the Thor series.

 

Minseok, however, was heavily involved in the storyline (even if the buildup was kind of slow). He didn't notice Luhan's drifting off until he heard the soft thud of Luhan's head against the couch. He looked to his side, and saw Luhan completely out of it. He laughed, thinking it was mildly cute, but he also feeling baffled- how could you fall asleep during a Marvel movie? He shook off this thought, and decided he'd just make fun of Luhan for it in the morning. When he checked the time, he noticed it was pretty late. He laid Luhan down comfortably on the couch, and watched the rest of the movie alone, until it ended. Then, he fell asleep beside the couch, on the makeshift bed the two had made with the abundance of blankets Luhan kept in his hall closet.

 

When they woke up, Luhan freaked out for having fallen asleep during Thor. Minseok decided that his freakout was enough punishment, and decided against riddling him further. They made breakfast together, opting against the daily walk, and instead staying in and finishing their marathon. They ended it with The Avengers, because Marvel had too many movies (not enough for two days time.) They spent the rest of the day studying together. Minseok left in the late afternoon, when he saw the sun was about to go down.

 

When he got to his apartment, there was only one phrase in his head:

 

What a mess.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When summer came around, Luhan ended up getting a cold. Exams were once again nearing, and Minseok had been spending a lot of time with Jongdae, studying. But when he got a text from Luhan, asking him to come over, he explained to Jongdae that they would have to reschedule their study session. He made it to Luhan's in less than ten minutes. He opened the door with the key Luhan had given him. ("Since you're here everyday, anyways." He had said.)

 

Luhan's apartment was dark, and it smelled like... sickness. Minseok quickly found himself walking to the back of the apartment, where the bedroom was. There, Luhan laid in bed, absently scrolling through his phone, occasionally coughing. He noticed Minseok standing in the doorway and beckoned him to come closer. Minseok complied, slowly making his way towards the bed.

 

"What happened?" Minseok questioned. Before, he had never seen Luhan sick. It was strange to see him ill, especially when he was usually so healthy.

 

"This usually happens to me when the seasons change." Luhan explained. Minseok nodded, as if he understood, but he recalled meeting Luhan around the time spring was settling... Had he gotten sick before that day? Or was he lying? He shook these thoughts away, figuring he'd ask about it when Luhan was in a better condition. Luhan spoke up once more.

 

"I was just hoping you'd spend some time here. Keep me company. Take care of me." Luhan said. Quickly, Minseok agreed.

 

"Sure. I wasn't doing anything too important." He lied. Jongdae's studying would have to wait. Besides, he'd probably get some of his friends to study with him, anyway. He'd understand. Luhan smiled at him, but it was a weak smile. He coughed, breaking the smile.

 

"Do you want me to go buy you some cough drops?" Minseok questioned. Luhan shook his head. "That won't be necessary... I have cough medicine in the kitchen." He said, and began to straighten up, so he could walk out.

 

"I'll get it." Minseok said, gently pushing Luhan back down into the bed and heading to the kitchen. He found the medicine after an extreme amount of looking. He brought it back to the bedroom, where Luhan was patiently waiting. He gave the bottle to Luhan, who knew the amount he needed to take.

 

"Thanks." He said, his voice raspy. "Could you get me some water?" He asked.

 

"Of course." Minseok replied, heading back to the kitchen to get water. When he returned, he asked, "Would it be wise to drink water with your medicine?"

 

"That's why I'm drinking the water before." Luhan replied. Minseok mentally hit himself. Obviously, Luhan would be drinking the water before the medicine. He watched as Luhan downed the water quickly, and followed with the medicine.

 

"Let's go continue our Marvel-a-thon." Luhan said. Minseok agreed, helping him out of bed and to the living room. The two had gotten quite far from where their last marathon. They had a pattern of watching a movie on the weekends, and were now up to Ant-Man.

 

When Luhan was settled on the couch, Minseok went to get an abundance of blankets to drape over his friend. Luhan attempted to protest, but he didn't get very far, as Minseok had already been wrapping him up in a comfortable burrito by the time Luhan had managed to get out a "You don't have to-".

 

The two watched the movie with minimal commentary. When it finished, Minseok looked over to find Luhan had, once again, fallen asleep during the movie. He sighed, though his sigh did not hide the caring smile upon his face. He got up to clean up the house, and, before leaving, he checked on Luhan once again. The guy was out cold, and was even snoring. Minseok felt a pang of something in his stomach. He then frowned at the sensation, for he knew what it was.

 

He, too, had begun to catch feelings.

 

He left the apartment upset that day.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After he took care of Luhan, Minseok began evading him. At first, he used Jongdae's study sessions and the exam schedule to get away from the younger. When exams were over, though, he simply claimed he was busy. His text messages to him had become short and curt. Hell, he even started hanging out with Baekyeol. Jongdae caught wind of Minseok's evasion to Luhan extremely quickly. He asked him about it one day.

 

"Hey, what's up with you and Luhan?" He had asked. When Minseok hesitated to reply, Jongdae's eyebrows furrowed, and he already knew what was happening.

 

"Come on. You can't let this happen with every guy you get attached to." He said. Minseok shook his head.

 

"I'm not attached to him. We knew each other for three months, and now I need a break to get my mind together--"

 

"This is how it always starts. You guys weren't even dating, you were just friends! Can't you at least tell him what's going on?" Minseok shook his head once again in response to this.

 

"Of course not! It always escalates! If I don't let it calm down now, it'll blow up!" Minseok exclaimed.

 

"It's already on it's way to blowing up!" Jongdae retaliated. Minseok knew this was true. When he didn't have anything to come back with, he simply responded,

 

"I don't need to hear this from you." With that, he walked to his room, locking the door. He heard Jongdae shout, "What the hell?!" before leaving the apartment. He sighed as he checked his phone. There was another text from Luhan. This time, it asked if he was okay. He responded that he just needed some alone time.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In July, one of Minseok's more popular friends, Yifan, would be hosting a party at his house. He lived in a pretty sweet two-story not too far from the campus, and his parties were considered "legendary" by everybody who attended. Yifan had called him to ask him to come. He said they hadn't seen each other in a while, and they could use the party to catch up. (Or "for other things," he had said in a deeper tone.) Minseok decided it was time to finally be social again. Minseok assumed Luhan had caught on to the fact he didn't want to talk anymore. He had stopped texting him with the frequency he used to, and instead only texted him to send him things he thought funny. (To which Minseok always responded with a 'haha' or something of the like.)

 

The day of the party, Minseok showed up in casual clothes. Yifan greeted him eagerly, but almost immediately noticed something was wrong. He questioned him about it.

 

"What's wrong?" He had asked, pulling Minseok to the side. The booming music made it hard for anybody to hear their conversation. Hell, it made it hard for Minseok to hear their conversation.

 

"I'm just kind of... confused." Minseok said. Yifan nodded, as if he completely understood Minseok's troubles, and didn't ask for more. Instead, he led Minseok to the drinks.

 

"Help yourself out. You need it." Yifan said. Minseok nodded greatfully, muttering a 'thank you' which Yifan didn't hear. Yifan told him he had to go welcome everybody else and make sure the party stayed like a party and didn't die. Minseok nodded in understanding, and with that, Yifan left him on his own.

 

Twenty minutes into the party and Minseok found himself tipsy, flirting with a guy who told him his name was Yixing.

 

"Well, Yixing, you might be exactly what I'm looking for tonight." Minseok said, eyeing the other male suggestively. Yixing smirked back at him.

 

"And you seem to fit all my standards." He replied. With that, Minseok went for it, kissing the other male sloppily. Yixing kissed back just as sloppily. He tasted like alcohol and sweets and something within Minseok told him what he was doing was oh, so wrong, but he didn't stop. He needed somebody, anybody to take his mind off of Luhan.

 

And, as if on cue, a very familiar voice came from beside Minseok.

 

"Minseok?" Luhan asked, staring at a very tipsy Minseok making out with a taller male, who, by the looks of it, was also very tipsy. Minseok pulled away from Yixing, staring at Luhan with shock.

 

"I thought you were busy..?" Luhan asked, watching as Minseok stumbled over his words, trying to come up with an apology.

 

", Lu, I'm sorry, I--" He began, but was very quickly interrupted.

 

"No, I see. You're just busy with... 'other' things." Luhan said, backing away from the two men.

 

"That isn't it, Lu, hear me out-" Minseok began.

 

"I don't have to, Minseok. You do you. I won't judge you. I'll... text you some other time." He said. And with that, Luhan managed to make himself scarce within the crowd. Minseok turned back to his makeout partner, Yixing, only to find he was gone. He sighed, smacking his head against the wall. Luhan's appearance felt like a smack to the face, and suddenly he didn't feel very tipsy anymore. Of course Luhan would be at Yifan's party. Everybody went to Yifan's parties. No longer feeling the "party" mood, Minseok left, making sure to text Yifan about how great the party was, and how he looked forward to the next. That was a lie, but he had to be a good friend.

 

When he got to his apartment, he found himself raiding the fridge for something, anything to drink himself to oblivion with. He settled for some old vodka he hadn't touched in months. He drank half the bottle in half an hour. He didn't remember quite much after that. He simply remembered stumbling, the world getting dizzy around him as quickly forgot what it was that gave him so much pain.