Teaser #1 - February 2016

✩ Miracle ✩ - Label SJ's 2020 Girl Group - Apply Open!

THE BEGINNING

 

Oh Noh Eul had been working with Super Junior since their "U" era and saw the men almost as a family at this point. Perhaps a somewhat dysfunctional family at times, but overall a good one.

That was why he hadn't hesitated to accept Jung Su's offer to be the head schedule coordinator for Label SJ when it had been opened six months ago.

Now he almost wished he had.

"What do you mean you're giving us some of your trainees? Label SJ is for the exclusive management of Super Junior." Noh Eul can't quite believe what he's hearing. He'd been under the impression he wouldn't have to deal with trainees anymore, but his boss apparently thought otherwise.

"Well, on paper yes. And really in practice as well, we don't expect you guys to train them. You're busy doing... well whatever it is you're doing right now." Yoo Young Jun is speaking rather carelessly as he rifles through some files on his desk, not even looking up as he addresses Noh Eul

Noh Eul somehow manages to keep his tone even as he replies. "Ryeo Wook is having solo promotions at the moment, and several of the members have regular hosting gigs on variety shows. And what do you mean we don't have to train them?"

Young Jun's file shuffling is getting quicker and it's clear he can't locate whatever it is he's looking for. "Look, we just need somewhere to put them before their contracts expire. We have no intention of debuting them, they really don't fit our style and some of them are simpy too old to debut in this youth-driven market. SJ is technically our sublabel so if we want to drop them on you then that's our perogative." He smiles as he finally pulls a manila envelope from the pile on his desk. "Here we go!"

Noh Eul feels vaguely ill. "But..."

Either he was speaking too quietly or his boss wasn't listening, as Young Jun speaks over any protest he was about to give.

"Just give them some busy work for the next few months and let their contracts expire. Really it should only take an extra hour of your time at the most to figure out what to do with them." He hands the folder to Noh Eul, who accepts it more out of surprise than actual want

"Those are the trainees you'll be getting. We'll be sending them to your wing of the building on Monday, so you have tomorrow and the weekend to put together their schedules." It's clear from his tone that Young Jun is done speaking, and Noh Eul nods and excuses himself.

He flips open the folder and skims the trainee files as he heads back towards his own office. Most of the trainees being sent were faces he recognized, girls and boys who had been with SM for years, passed over again and again despite routinely passing evaluations with no issue. These were the kids who kept fighting despite the world being against them.

No, he wouldn't just give them busy work. They deserved a hell of a lot more than that after all SM had put them through. The least he could do was offer them some actual human decency.

 

 

Author's Note
I don't think Noh Eul will play too big of a role in the story, but honestly he just sort of willed himself into existence for this teaser so who even knows if he'll push himself in again. Anyway tell me what you think! As you can see SM's managment is not going to be put in the best light in this story, so hopefully you're alright with that.
blue_gem_diamond_jewel.png