One Shot

Goner

NOT EDITED** 
How did it all begin? Let's rewind back, back to where JungKook was just a boy who was going through puberty. The two of you liked each other, but never knew the true meaning of “love.” You were dating yet you rarely talked when you saw each other. It was bad enough the two of you were introverted people, but you guys were also socially awkward which made it difficult for the two of you to actually talk after going out with each other. 
You were the nerd while JungKook was the “cool” kid who was good with sports and etc rather than his studies which led the teacher to ask you to help him. The two of you understood each other in many things and shared some similarities except in school. Your bond grew and eventually the two of you dated though you were in middle school. Opposite attracts described the relationship you were in. 
An entertainment agency were scouting for talented and good looking kids and picked JungKook. You admit the boy was good looking, excelled in many things, and that he would succeed if he left Busan and he did. 
~
The boy came to school the next day and brought the news to you even though the whole town knew about it. You were aware what he was going to say. 
“Y/n~ah, let's break up. I don't feel like we’re in a relationship and I don't even know what it means to be in a relationship. If you could wait for me, I’ll come back as an experienced man and maybe we can continue what we’re leaving behind now? I'll make lots of money and I can buy you all kinds of food.” He said looking nervous for the response you were going to give. 
“Let's do that.” You smiled, which reassured him this isn't the end. 
~
The boy left. You didn't contact him nor did he. You finally got to watched him on tv after a couple of years, and the people of Busan praised him and hoped for his success. You saw him state he was in a relationship before debuting, but later on insisted it wasn’t serious and that it was a “kid love.” You didn't have any reaction to his words. Your feelings were numb like a stone because you didn't remember who he was.
You were diagnosed with Niemann-Pick Disease Type C (NPC). The disease is a genetic condition making the body unable to properly metabolize cholesterol and other lipids which results in poor muscle development that makes it difficult to function both physically and mentally. NPC is rapid growing disease that is incurable and damages the eyesight, memories and makes it difficult to do simple things like walking and eating. Medicine only slows the disease from spreading too quickly, but there isn’t a guaranteed treatment. 
~
Your family spent every penny trying to save you, but it was impossible unless a miracle happened. The hospital became your home. You grew weaker every day and couldn't remember anyone till you completely forgot everything. 


After three years of debut, JungKook finally came back to his hometown Busan. He remembered every crook and cranny of the town. He visited his family then later on wondered where you were. The boy assumed you were in school studying to get a degree for academics, but you were in the hospital waiting for the day you left everyone that were apart of your life. Your physical body was still there, yet your soul wasn't. 
JungKook visited the old school he use to attend. He covered his face not wanting to attract any attention. 
“Jeon JungKook?” He cursed under his breath not knowing whether he should make a run. 
“It's me, Chae.” Said the girl as JungKook turned and saw that it was his classmate. 
“Oh, Annyeong” he smiled giving the girl a hug. 
“How long has it been?” She asked scratching the back of her head not knowing how she should start the conversation. 
“6 years?” He chuckled.
“By the way, is Y/N in college? Goodness, I went to her place but someone else stepped in and told me I got the wrong house. Do you know where she is?” Asked the boy. The girl’s eye swelled up and her eyes became red as tears trickled down her cheeks. 
“Chaeyoung-ah, what's wrong?” Asked the boy as a scary thought crossed his mind. 
“JungKook-ah, Y/n-y/n is very ill. She's in the hospital-” the girl’s voice cracked. 
“What why!?” He exclaimed as the wind stung his eyes. His chest burned. 
“I don’t think she’ll make it.” Sobbed the girl. 
JungKook made his way in the hospital. 
“Is the- there a girl nam-named Y/n?” He asked stuttering his words. JungKook could hear cried coming from a few room ahead. The lady led him into the room he hoped wouldn’t be Y/N’s. Two doctors stood aside from the bed. 
“Y/n, time of death ____, date ____, reason, restrained developed.” Said the doctor as the cries only grew louder. The death of someone you loved so dearly felt as if a brick was being held upon by needles poked into your chest. JungKook felt alone and helplessly suffering in a dark hole that had no way out. The room grew farther away from his vision as his legs wobbled to keep balance. He crawled in the room as he saw the girl’s perfectly combed hair aside her. Her lips were purple as indicating she was really gone, the evidence only throbbed his chest. JungKook couldn’t imagine what your family who stood alongside the journey were feeling. 
“Y/n-ah- wake up.” He asked knowing she wouldn't, but he was persistence. The boy's voice was raspy and fainted into sob. Their cries couldn’t bring the girl back from death. The doctor covered Y/N face with the white sheets.


 JungKook took one last look at you as you were slowly placed underground. Only the sob of Y/N’s mother came as the dirt covered Y/N bit by bit. Mrs. (Your mother name) reached over her hand as the last bit of dirt covered her daughter’s face but was held back by Y/N’s father. No words came from the people in the funeral as the weather spoke for them. Thunder clashed as rain poured heavily down. No sunshine could peek through the thick clouds that hung lifelessly. 
JungKook’s throat was sore from his yells and regrets. His eyes stung on each end with bloodshot eyes. His appearance was the least of his worries in the situation as his face reddened. 
Even if he could turn back time, nothing would change. All he could do was grieve and learn to move on. He didn’t keep his words on continuing their relationship. He regretted saying it was just a “kid love,” he knew deep inside Y/N was everything to him, but to protect her from the eyes of many people, he had to say it himself of his past rather than from the mouth of a stranger. JungKook was powerless, but now, he wanted to tell the world Y/N was the girl he loved, but he can't, because he's an idol that is claimed by many others. He swallowed back the heavy urge of shouting her name out to the world, but even if he did, it wouldn't change the fact that she was gone.