end

Merry Christmas

The first thing I noticed as I was slowing waking up was that the place near me in the bed was empty. It was still weird for me, yes, but not really that uncommon. Jonghyun worked crazy hours and often when he was home his insomnia drove him around the house anyway.

I acknowledged Roo who was by my side, drawing herself as close as possible to my body, giving some pleased noise here and there when my hand reached her for a gentle caress.

Some other noises came to my ears too, but from the room nearby. Electronic-like noises, probably from the PlayStation. Uh? Jonghyun must be at home, then.

I lazily grabbed my phone and when the date popped on the screen I remembered why he wasn't at work. It was Christmas Day.

I moved the sheets away from my body and I got up, my body a bit sore from last night and my head still feeling slightly dizzy from the wine. What a Christmas Eve. I dated Jonghyun for a few years but this is the first time we celebrate as a married couple, and I totally wasn't expecting a gift like that. But I'm not complaining at all.

I walked over the living room and found Jonghyun on the floor facing the television. I stood here for some seconds, just admiring him without being noticed. His brown hair was fluffy and messy, and after last night it wasn't a surprise. My hands probably messed it up, heh. His glasses were hanging nicely on his nose, a little bit lower than normal, making him even more cute than usual. How can a 30-plus year old men still be the cutest thing walking on Earth it remains a mystery. To complete the perfect-husband look, his sweater was an oversized one and it was hanging off his shoulder, revealing a couple of hickeys on his neck. He was visibly absorbed by the game and it would be a pity to distract him, but I couldn't resist chuckling at the situation. He noticed me and immediately turned off his game, giving me a smile.

“Good morning” he said, his smile getting wider as he saw me getting closer ans sitting next to him on the floor. I faced him, gave him a smile and then mumbled something as an answer, still too sleepy to be completely functional. I grabbed his glasses, took them off and gave him a quick kiss.

“Well, merry Christmas” he continued, placing a hand on my hair and gently it. I nodded pleased, and he leaned down to kiss me.

How I managed to get this lucky I still don't know. This marriage was the best thing that happened in my life. Well, this man is.

“Merry Christmas indeed.”

 

 

//
it's like two in the morning here but I NEEDED TO GET THIS DONE so if there are some mistakes i'll just correct them in the morning
merry christmas everyone!!!! (hope you liked this elisa you lil shiy)