Protect

Protect

Author's POV

Eunjung and her friends, Qri, Soyeon and Boram, are known to be the bullies of the school. No one in the school dares to even look at them, fearing that once they look at them, they will be their next victim…..

“Hey, I’m bored…” Eunjung said restlessly to her group of friends.

“Look there, I think we can have some fun with her…” Qri said with an evil smile as she point at a girl who are carrying loads of books in her hands.

“Our usual victim?” Eunjung asked.

Qri nodded.

“Let’s go, I think it will be fun, it has always been fun to play with her and it has been quite some time since we last played with her.” Eunjung smiled.

The rest of her friends nodded and they headed towards that poor girl.

Eunjung and her friends stand in front of that girl and smiled at her. “Hi! Do you miss us?” Eunjung asked. The girl widen her eyes in shock when she saw them and she started trembling, she wanted to run quickly away from them but she knows that once they laid their eyes on her, she can’t run, can’t hide.

Eunjung's smile faded as it turns in to a smirk, she started to push the books that the poor girl is holding so that every book fall on the ground and the rest of the bullies started stepping on the fallen books. Eunjung then smiled at the poor girl again and said, “Let’s have some fun, shall we?”

“YA! EVERYONE COME HERE SO YOU CAN WATCH A SHOW!” Eunjung shouted as she signal the students around the corridor to come and watch them.

Eunjung then push the girl fiercely so that she fall down on the ground, tears started to form in her eyes when she fall down with a loud thud. Crowds also started to form around them, looking at the poor girl but no one dare to step forward to help her.

“Why are you crying? You should be having fun and smiling.” Soyeon said to the poor girl as she hold the girl’s cheek roughly.

“Boram, juice.” Eunjung commanded.

Boram immediately pass Eunjung a packet of fruit juice.

“Are you thirsty? You must be thirsty right? Since you haven’t been TALKING… right?” Eunjung smiled.

The girl violently shake her head.

“YOU ARE THIRSTY RIGHT?” Eunjung shouted and widen her eyes threateningly.

The girl trembled and nodded slowly.

“Good.” Eunjung smiled as she pour the fruit juice over the girl. “That should be better right?” Eunjung said and laughed. The poor girl is completely wet and sticky as she continued crying.

“Hey, why don’t you call for help? Hmm?” Boram asked the girl.

“Boram, didn’t you forgot that she CAN’T talk? She CAN’T even produce any voice…” Qri smirked.

“Oh yes, I forgot.” Boram laughed.

“That is the fun part of playing with her…..” Eunjung smirked.

“We are NOT done yet aren’t we?” Soyeon asked as she hold on to the girl’s face roughly with one hand, squeezing her face.

“Of course, should we make it a full meal?” Qri suggested.

Eunjung nodded her head in agreement as she went to take a tray of food and started pouring it on the girl.

“Scream for help!” Eunjung said as she slap the girl.

“Oops, I’m sorry, I forgot you can’t scream.” Eunjung sarcastically said.

“You don’t look good with only one side of your face red…” Soyeon said as she raise her hand preparing to slap the poor girl until a voice stop her.

“STOP! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!” A voice shouted.

Everyone turned to the source of the voice, curious to see who is the brave owner of that voice.

“Well, well. Isn’t it the president of the student council….. What do you want, miss president?” Qri said as she look at the brave girl who dared to stop them. This is actually the first time that someone actually tried to stop them.

“STOP BULLYING HER! OR I WILL REPORT ALL OF YOU TO THE PRINCIPAL AND GET ALL OF YOU EXPELLED!” Jiyeon threatened as she look at them fiercely, trying to let the bullies know that she is not scared of them.

“As though we care about that, president.” Soyeon scoffed.

“Just mind your own business before we make you our next victim…….. Continue to where you left off, Soyeon.” Eunjung said.

Soyeon nodded and raise her hands but she was stopped by Jiyeon’s tight grip.

“I SAID STOP! You bullies better stop if not you will get a piece of me.” Jiyeon threatened even though she is trembling inside.

“Come on then. It is 4 against 1, it will be easy and fun.” Eunjung said as she crack her knuckles.

Eunjung deliver a punch towards Jiyeon but Jiyeon was fast enough to dodge it. Jiyeon did a high kick which landed right on Eunjung’s face and Eunjung fall down to the ground due to that strong impact. Eunjung spat off some blood and stand up. Qri, Soyeon and Boram tried to hold Jiyeon so that she can’t move. After successfully holding Jiyeon in place, Eunjung then throw a punch towards Jiyeon’s stomach which cause the girl to cough up some blood. “Trying to act tough huh? Let’s see how long you can last.” Eunjung said as she continue to throw punches at Jiyeon.

“STOP! EVERYONE STOP! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!?! GO TO THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE NOW!!!” A man shouted with authority.

“It’s the disciplinary master.” Qri scoffed.

“Fun time is over…” Boram mumbled.

The girls released Jiyeon and went to the principal office, Jiyeon collapsed on the ground immediately, her hands was on her stomach as she groan in pain.

The disciplinary master rush over to Jiyeon and called the ambulance immediately as the girl continue coughing out blood.

The mute girl just stared at Jiyeon worriedly as she continue crying.

Soon, the ambulance came and Jiyeon was sent to the hospital.

During the next few days, Jiyeon was not seen in school as she is still recovering in the hospital while the bullies was suspended from school for a few months. The mute girl felt guilty that Jiyeon is hurt because of her, she is determined to return the favour to Jiyeon when she is back in school.

When Jiyeon is finally back in school, the mute girl was happy to see her but she was nervous to approach her as well even though she badly want to. She just quietly followed Jiyeon around the school the whole day.

“Is there anything you need? You have been following me the whole day…” Jiyeon shouted as she turn back.

The mute girl jumped in shocked, she didn’t expect Jiyeon to know that she was being followed, she has been really quiet when she is following Jiyeon.

The mute girl step forward shyly, hanging her head down low as she passes Jiyeon a box of chocolate and a notebook. On top of the chocolate there is a post-it which wrote, “Thank you for saving me that day and I am sorry that you got hurt because of me….. I heard from someone that you love chocolate so I decided to buy you one to repay you. The notebook contain notes I have taken when you are not in school, I hope that those notes will be able to help you to catch up in your studies.”

Jiyeon smiled as she read the post-it and said, “Thank you for your gift, can I have a talk with you?”

The mute girl look up and saw Jiyeon’s sweet smile at her, her heart starting beating faster and her hands started to sweat. The mute girl nodded her head but shake her head and she started to move her hands around.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t understand sign language…” Jiyeon said as she scratch her head which the mute girl finds the action really cute and it made her blush. "But i know one." Jiyeon quickly added as she started showing Hyomin a sign language. "This means lovers right? I learned it from T-ara's Tiamo" Jiyeon said shyly.

Hyomin nodded her head and blushed.

The mute girl took out a paper and a pen and started scribbling on it and pass it to Jiyeon, it wrote, “I would love to have a talk with you, but I can’t talk ….. :)”

“I know….  I’m sorry, I just would like to interact with you… is that a better word?” Jiyeon said as she smile nervously, not sure of how to put her words correctly.

The mute girl nodded her head. They then walk to a nearby bench and sat on it.

“You are Park Hyomin right?” Jiyeon asked.

The mute girl nodded her head and wrote on the paper, “How do you know my name?”

Jiyeon laughed nervously and said, “I actually have been noticing you for quite some time…. Your beauty attracted me at first so I started asking around about you. That is also when I found out that you can’t talk and you are always bullied due to that. I don’t know why, but my heart breaks a little when I heard that and I promise myself that I will protect you the next time you are bullied….”

Jiyeon blushed right after she said that, she feels like she was confessing to the girl in front of her.

Hyomin smiled and her heart swell with happiness as she hears Jiyeon’s word, no one has ever treat her so nicely, everyone would just bully her due to her inability to speak.

“You look beautiful when you smile. You should smile more often.” Jiyeon shyly said.

“Okay, I will listen to you and smile more often to you. Just to you.” Hyomin wrote as she smiled sweetly at Jiyeon again which make Jiyeon feel as though there are butterflies in her stomach. “You are beautiful too. To be honest, I also have been noticing you for quite some time….. I have always wanted to be friends with you but I can’t talk and I feels that no one would want to be friends with a mute so I didn’t approach you…” Hyomin wrote as she hang her head down low shyly.

“You are so cute. Please don’t think that no one wants to be your friend, have more confidence. Ignore those people who bully you, they are just immature. I am sure there are people who want to be your friend.” Jiyeon smiled as she caressed Hyomin’s hair.

Suddenly, tears starts to form in Hyomin’s eyes.

“Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? I’m sorry. Please don’t cry. It hurts my heart when you cry.” Jiyeon said with panic.

Hyomin shake her head and wrote, “I cried because I am touched by your words. Thank you for being so nice to me.”

Jiyeon heaved a sigh of relief and said, “You don’t have to thank me.”

Jiyeon smiled at Hyomin and wipe off her tears.

“Can you stop smiling?” Hyomin wrote.

“Why?” Jiyeon asked with a puzzled look.

“My heart feels weird every time you smile at me….” Hyomin wrote.

Jiyeon laugh, finding Hyomin cute.

“I can do something that can make your heart feels weirder….” Jiyeon said as she look at Hyomin lips, lean in and close her eyes as she gave Hyomin a kiss.

Hyomin widen her eyes in shock as her heart starts beating faster and she feels a weird sensation in her heart but it feels good. It feels right when Jiyeon kiss her. Hyomin closed her eyes as she kiss Jiyeon back, loving how sweet Jiyeon’s lips taste and loving how kissing Jiyeon can make her feel all these weird feelings that she never felt before.

After a few seconds, Jiyeon break the kiss as she try to calm down her crazy beating heart.

“I-I think I like you…” Jiyeon confessed.

“Me too….” Hyomin wrote.

Jiyeon smiled looking at Hyomin’s reply and said, “I promise you that from now onwards, I will protect you, always. You will never be hurt ever again because I will be here, protecting you from all the harm. I will be your voice, i will stand up for you.”

Hyomin smiled at Jiyeon’s sweet words and mouthed “Thank you”. Hyomin then place her hand on Jiyeon’s face, caressing her face before kissing her again, pouring all her feelings in that kiss, hoping that Jiyeon will be able to feel it through that sweet kiss.

 

 

 

-END-

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehe, this is a short one shot!! Hope that you like it even though it is very simple! Thanks for reading!! Merry Christmas!!!

Check out this video, T-ara singing a christmas song in 2013 and there are minyeon moments! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xAtZzTGdg