Timeless

Timeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baby come close let me tell you this in whisper my heart says you know it too

Baby we both share a secret wish

And you're feeling my love reaching out to you

 

 

 

Jimin leaned closer to Jungkook. His grip on Jungkook's shirt tightened, his knuckles turning white. He leaned down so Jungkook's mouth is just a mere millimeters from his ears, grazing it with his hot and heavy breath.

 

"I.. I .. love.." Jungkook suddenly coughed, hard and full of blood, before he can finish what he wanted to say. Please God, he cried inside, please just let me tell him this one thing. I can't go without telling him this.

 

Jimin can see the desperate look in Jungkook's eyes. He knows Jungkook wanted to tell him something, and his lover was struggling hard to say it. Lover? Wait, no, ex-lover. That's right, Jimin had broken up with him just a few weeks ago. Left him in one of their practice room, ignoring Jungkook's crying and hoarse voice calling out to him. And now, oh how Jimin wish he never let Jungkook go.

 

"Yes, baby? What is it? What is it you wanted to say?" Jimin whispered gently as his other hand caress Jungkook's bloodied cheek. His thumb tracing the milky cheek down to the bow of his lips and finally to the lips Jimin had missed.

 

Jungkook didn't answer. Not that he didn't want to. He couldn't. His heart wanted to speak, but wouldn't open. His voice wouldn't speak. With all his might, he found the energy to lift his left arm, laying it on top of his chest, just next to Jimin's arm.

 

 

I see it all baby in your eyes

When you look at me I know I feel it too (yes I do)

So let's sail away and be forever baby

Where the crystal ocean melts into the sky

 

 

Jimin got the sign, he saw Jungkook's hand holding something. Jimin shifted his eyes to look straight to Jungkook's, asking if Jungkook was trying to tell him something. Jungkook could only blink, his face contorted in pain, but a slight smile formed. The sweet smile Jimin loves the most.

 

"No, no, Jungkook, don't you dare..." Jimin knows it. It is time. Jungkook coughed harshly, blood spluttering to Jimin's face and to the front of his white shirt, but Jimin didn't care. He pulled Jungkook closer to his chest, crying harder, seeing Jungkook in pain pained him to. "Jungkook, you can't.. I'm sorry! I'm sorry I still love you! It was a mistake! I never loved anyone else, Jungkook, I never did. I made it up so you would let—oh God, what have I done,” Jimin rained kisses to Jungkook’s forehead, he was not ready to let go.  “Jungkook please, please… the paramedics will be here soon, they will-"

 

"I love you," in a faint whisper, Jungkook finally said those words. A tingling sound was heard as the shiny object Jungkook held fell into the asphalt road, but Jimin was too busy crying. He refused to let go of Jungkook's lifeless body until Namjoon and Yoongi practically ripped him off from their their maknae. Beside him, Taehyung was crying hysterically with Seokjin and Hoseok trying to calm him down. He had lost the closest friend he had in the band, and without even saying a proper goodbye.

 

 

We shouldn’t let the moment pass

Making me shiver let’s make it last

Why should we lose it don’t ever let me go

 

 

As the paramedics took Jungkook's body away, Jimin refused to go. He refused to move from his spot, not even responding when Yoongi said he and the others will be waiting in the car. It was his fault. Jungkook would still be alive if it wasn't for him. He regretted everything. That stupid maknae shouldn't have died from saving Jimin. Why didn’t that maknae give up to talking to Jimin? Why did he chased Jimin when all Jimin wanted was to stay away from him and save him another heartbreak? Why did Jimin had to cross the road without making sure the road was clear? Why did Jungkook pushed Jimin out of the truck's way instead of pulling him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter