SeKai - Smile

One-Shot collection

Jongin was always the popular one in school. He only had two friends. They were Xiumin and Luhan. Jongin had a warm personality. He had a smile that could light up a room once he walks through the door. He was always able to brighten up anyone's day with his failed attempts at aegyo and jokes. 

 

Sehun has been through a lot. 

1) His parents are divorced

2) His sister was killed in a car accident

3) His best friend is studying aboard

He has been deemed as a cold-hearted, poker-faced person. Nobody tries to reach out to him. Sehun is always alone.  The only way he knows how to express himself is through dance and music. 

 

One day Sehun was in a dance practice room, immersed in dance that he failed to notice someone walk in until he stopped the music and looked to his left to find Jongin dancing without music. One Jongin finish with the routine, he looked over to find a rather shocked or scared Sehun. He flashed a warm smile to the boy.

"I couldn't help myself whenever I hear music I have to dance. I see dance as essential to my life as air and water. I'm Jongin by the way." he said

Sehun just nodded.

"I'm Sehun. " Sehun stated.

Nice to meet you Sehun. Jongin says.

Again, Sehun only nods.

(J= Jongin, S= Sehun.) 

J: Next time let's dance together.

S: nods

J: I'll see u later.

S: waves.

J: leaves

S:  (to himself) what would he take the time to talk to me? isn't he the most popular in school?

J: (to himself) I never thought someone could have as much passion for dancing as I do

S: (to himself) hope he keeps his word. 

J: (to himself) I should stay back tomorrow for some needed time dancing.

S: (to himself) got to get to class.  need to stay after school for some dance time tomorrow

J: (to himself) got to catch up with the guys today.

....

It's after school the next day, Jongin is the first to arrive at the dance room. He places his bag down in the furthest corner of the room. He took his phone and plugged it into the speakers. He started dancing. He was so focused that he had no idea that Sehun walked into the room. Once he stopped to get a drink of water, that when he saw Sehun.

J: Hey Sehun (smiling)

S: Hello Jongin

J: Do you want to dance with me?/

S: most of the choreography I learn is solos but sure.

J: I am sure we can come up with something.

S: Hopefull, I am not bothering you.

J:  you are not. I didn't know you were going to be here. I just wanted to spend time dancing since it's been so long since I last had time to myself. 

S: same here. I usually am in here by myself. 

J: Why?

S: No one talks to me since they think I am a cold person.

J: Don't you have friends?

S: Yes but he is studying in another country

J: I'll  be your friend.

S: Why? Wouldn't that ruin your popularity?

J: I don't care for the popularity thing since it is just a ranking system that the insecure potion of the student body made up to feel better about them. 

S: Okay. Let's be friends.

J: Good (smiling)

S: nods (smiles without noticing)

After their conversation, they started dancing. They continued until Sehun's phone rang.

 

J: Who is it?

S: My mom.

J: okay. what time is it?

S: It's 6 pm

J: your mom must be calling to see where you are.

S: you are right. (picks up and talks to his mom)

J: (walks to the speakers and unplugs his phone)

S: (hangs up) you should head home.

J: Where do you live? I live 2 blocks from the school. We can walk home together

S: I live in that area too. what your phone #? (hands his phone to Jongin)

J: (inputs his # and sends himself a text.) Let's go

S: yeah

They leave the school's premises and walk home.They walk for about 15 minutes and they arrive at Sehun's house.

S: We're here.

J: Wait, this is your house? Look's like we're neighbors.

S: yeah. That's cool.

They say their goodbyes; Sehun walks in his house and Jonginwalks next door.

Once Jongin enters his house his is bombbarded with questions.

(JA= JongAh . J= Jongin) 

 JA: Where have you been?

J: I stayed after scool to dance,

JA: I should have known.

J: When's dinner?

JA: As soon as you get washed up.

J: okay.

JA:  Dad.! Jungmin! Dinner is set.