Chapter 5

Mutt

 

 

 

 

6 months.

 

The longest he had ever spent in one place. It felt almost surreal. If you had asked him what he imagined his life to be like a couple of years ago it wouldn’t have looked anything like this. Even now, after getting used to the fact that there are people that genuinely love and care about him is still hard to believe. He’s still not completely okay with himself – mainly the way he sees himself – but he’s getting better. He still had dark days where his negative thoughts overtake the positive but Yixing is always there by his side, telling him just how much he loves him and how much he’s worth. It’s touching and he wonders what he had ever done to have someone as caring as Yixing as a partner.

 

He hadn’t had a family since his mother was killed but after years of yearning he had finally found one. His mother had always told him not to be ashamed of his heritage, that it what was made him unique, made him ‘him’. That’s what he had told him but for a long time that’s exactly what he had been. Now he felt guilty. Why should he have been made to feel ashamed of his blood when in turn that meant he was ashamed of his father as well? He wasn’t. He may not have known him but he loved him the same as he did his mother, they’re the reason why he lives today and he thanks them for that. He hopes they’re happy together, looking down on him. He hopes he’s made them proud.

 

“What are you so deep in thought about?” says a voice starling him out of his own head and causing him to jump in surprise. He turns and see Yixing looking at him with an amused smile, cute dimple showing on his cheek.

 

“Just thinking about some things.” He answers, not elaborating. Yixing doesn’t pry, just nods and accepts his answer. He knows that if it is something serious Jongdae will tell him. Yixing sits down next to him on the porch, a place that has been frequented quite regularly by the both of them in the last couple of months. It’s sort of a sanctuary for him. “Needed to get away?”

 

Yixing sighs and Jongdae laughs. “There’s only so much of an irritable Baekhyun that I can take.” He says and Jongdae nods in understanding but he doesn’t blame the older Omega for being irritable. Baekhyun is three months pregnant, sooncoming into his forth so it’s to be expected. He does feel quite sorry for Chanyeol though, he been getting the brunt of his mates irritation the poor thing. I wonder if I’m going to be like that when I have pups?

 

What?

 

He nearly chokes on his saliva at what had just gone through his head, Yixing having to pat his back to make sure he doesn’t suffocate on his own bodily fluids.

 

“Are you okay?” Yixing asks him, a worried tilt to his eyebrows.

 

“Fine! I’m fine.” He answered once he had stopped suffocating.

 

“What caused that sort of reaction?”

 

“Nothing.” He answers simply and a little too quickly for it to be believable but Yixing, being the kind Alpha that he is lets it go, Jongdae mentally slumping and relief and appreciation. He doesn’t think that this is a conversation he should be having with the older male especially this early on into a relationship. He makes a mental note to talk to Junmyeon later.

 

Yixing stands up, offering his had to Jongdae. “Come on, let’s head inside. It’s getting a bit chilly.” Jongdae takes the offered hand and Yixing pulls him up, that same hand staying entwined with his as they walk hand in hand beside each other into the house, the thought he had before still on his mind.

 

 

~X~

 

 

It took him three days to finally have the courage to speak to Junmyeon. He didn’t know why it had taken him so long as getting it over and done with was much better than pondering it over and causing himself unnecessary stress but it seemed that he liked to torture himself.

 

“I don’t see the issue with it.” Junmyeon had told him after he had explained.

 

“But like, isn’t it too early to be thinking about something like that? We haven’t been together all that long and we haven’t, you know, done anything. I mean, we’ve touched but…” he says, face reddening at the admission either from shame or embarrassment, or a mixture of both Jummyeon couldn’t quite tell.

 

“No, I think it’s pretty normal. You’ve found someone you feel safe with. If you’re thinking about wanting to have pups with him – later on in the future – than you obviously trust him. It’s not a bad thing, it’s quite the opposite actually. I remember having the same thoughts about Minseok so you’re not alone.” Jongdae perks up at the last part and seeing this, Junmyeon continues. “We talked about it and both agreed that we weren’t ready. We do want pups, just not quite yet.” He smiles.

 

Jongdae had his chin resting in his knees, eyes examining his feet. “So what you’re saying that I should talk to Yixing about it?” his flicks his eyes up to look into the older Omega’s, again asking for guidance.

 

“What I’m saying is thinking about having pups with Yixing is normal, but talking to him wouldn’t hurt. It would help to have you both on the same age and quell your worries. This is something that needs to be discussed between the two of you.” He tells Jongdae who bites his lip.

 

What Junmyeon is saying makes a whole lot of sense, it’s one of the reasons why he always comes to Junmyeon for advice. The elder is wise beyond his years and he really values his opinion and apart from Yixing, Junmyeon is the person he feels closest to. He’s almost like a parental figure and reminds his so much of his mother that it almost feels like she had never left.

 

“Come here.” Jumnyeon opens his arms inviting Jongdae into his embrace. He goes willingly, head resting on the Omega’s chest and arms around his middle. Jumnyeon threads his fingers through Jongdae’s hair, softly singing his favourite lullaby. Jongdae’s eyes begin to close and the elders sweet voice carries him off to sleep.

 

Junmyeon smiles down at the sleeping boy, cherishing the youngers face slack in sleep, completely relaxed. He knows he’s the closet thing Jongdae has to a parent and vows to look after him until the end of his days.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Yixing had noticed how Jongdae had been acting in the last week. At first he had given him space not wanting to push him into a corner but waiting for him to come and speak to him. As the week had gone by and Jongdae had still failed to bring up what was obviously bothering him he had started to worry. Mid-week he had noticed that Jongdae didn’t seem as stressed out as what he had been but there was still a tension that wouldn’t normally be there. He had asked Junmyeon if he knew anything, the elder smiling at him but not answering his question, confirming that Jongdae had in fact confided in him.

 

It made him feel better, reassured him that whatever it was it wasn’t serious enough to raise concern. At least, he hoped. Junmyeon would tell him if it was something serious, wouldn’t he?

 

Saturdays tended to be lazy days. Everyone would do as their own thing, any chores that needed to be done would be left for the next day. Even the clean obsessed Minseok would put his gloves on the shelf and enjoy the down time.

 

Minseok and Junmyeon were out in the woods somewhere, Jongin had dragged Kyungsoo to go and play the new game he had gotten, the Omega grumbling but not resisting in the slightest. Tao had managed to convince Yifan to take him into town and Luhan and Sehun were god knows where, they hadn’t been seen since early morning and Baekhyun had retired upstairs. The pregnancy was finally taking a toll on him. He had been complaining of a sore back and fatigue, along with a bout of sickness that made him throw up anything he put into his stomach. Chanyeol, the ever doting mate went with him which left Jongdae and Yixing as the only ones on the first floor of the house.

 

The silence that settled over the house was something that didn’t happen often. Usually it was abuzz with life, even on Saturdays but today it was the exact opposite. The two of them were on the lounge, Yixing flat on his back and Jongdae resting on his chest, face buried in his neck. The stagnant nature of the room made the tension bundled up in the Omega much more noticeable without the distractions of their rowdy pack mates. The only sound in the room was the sound of the clock ticking and their own breaths from the mouths.

 

Usually listening to the sound of Yixing’s heart beat would hypnotise him and lull him to sleep, however his brain was to awake for that to happen. He sighed loud and deep, knowing the cause of his troubles. Now would be the best time to bring it up.

 

“Xing…” Jongdae mumbled softly.

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Do you want kids?” he says bluntly, deciding to cut right to the chase. He had sat on it for long enough and didn’t want to put it off any longer.

 

Yixing’s eyes which were half closed shot open in surprise, a full bodied jolt going through him. Out of anything that was not something he had expected Jongdae to ask, nor what he had thought his younger mate would be stressing out over.

 

“What brought this on?” he asked.

 

“Baekhyun.”Jongdae said, deciding to ignore the fact the Yixing had yet to answer his question. “I hadn’t really thought about it before. If I were to be honest it actually had never crossed my mind until recently. Why would someone like me ever dream about having kids?” Yixing frowned at the Omega’s response. “Why would I ever want to subject them to the same thing that happened to me, why would I want to taint their blood?”

 

Yixing sat up sharply, dislodging Jongdae’s body from his chest. Jongdae looked at Yixing with wide eyes. The Alpha grabs Jongdae’s shoulders firmly but not enough to hurt and stares at the younger with a serious gaze.

 

“Don’t say that!” he tells Jongdae firmly. “Any child that you bring into the world will be far from tainted, it’ll be blessed! Blessed to have someone as kind, caring and strong like you as their mother.” Although Yixing had not said a lot, the impact of his words were tremendous on the Omega.

 

Jongdae begins to cry, not in sadness but not quite in joy either. Maybe relief? He’s not quite sure. Yixing moves his hands to cup the sides on his face, pulling Jongdae’s face forward so their foreheads are touching, doing his best to comfort the shaking Omega. His emotions were everywhere.

 

“You still haven’t answered my question.” Jongdae says softly when he had calmed down enough to stop crying, watery eyes locked with Yixing’s. He can see the hesitance and hope in the youngers eyes.

 

“Of course. If it’s something you wanted.” Yixing replied, smiling. “We’d make some pretty cute kids though, huh?” he said offhandedly and Jongdae giggled at the Alpha’s words, corners of his eyes crinkling. Yixing loved the expression on the Omega’s face, the one that showed who Jongdae was beautifully. He hoped to see that expression on the youngers face for the rest of his life and even beyond.

 

“You don’t think it’s too early do you.” Yixing tilts his head in question. “For me to be thinking about having kids… with you.”

 

“No, I don’t think it is. If anything it makes me feel happy. Happy that you feel comfortable enough to even think about having kids with me.” Jongdae laughs at Yixing’s response.

 

“That’s exactly what Junmyeon said.” Yixing’s blinks before laughing as well. Of course Jumnyeon would have said that. Junmyeon is wise but he also remembers when the Omega was in the same situation, ensure about whether he should bring up this issue with Minseok. The Omega had been scared but ultimately he needn’t be. Minseok and Jumnyeon’s needs and wants had somehow always managed to align with each other, something which had at first been a little creepy but later was just another thing as to why that were perfect for each other.

 

“I love you.” Yixing says suddenly after the atmosphere had gone back to what it had been before their conversation, hand smoothing Jongdae’s hair. Jongdae lifted his head up, chin propped on Yixing’s chest, looking startled before morphing into a soft, loving smile.

 

“I love you to.” He whispered, pecking the Alpha on the lips. He buried back into Yixing’s chest, face a healthy red and heart more in love with the man beside him than ever before. They soak up each other’s presence, finding comfort in the warmth they each give off.

 

Their peace is disturbed when the front door slams open thundering footsteps following and the hysterical laughter that could only belong to Zitao, the Omega running away from a pissed off Sehun. All they see is a flash of black and blonde, the blonde haired in hot pursuit of the black haired. Moments later a fed up Yifan walks into the room, an amused Luhan just behind him. Jongdae honestly thinks that Luhan enjoys chaos and calamity. The Omega by no means deserves to have a face that angelic, it just isn’t right. Who thought it was a good idea to place the face of an angel on the body of a devil? Jongdae would never know. Don’t get him wrong, Jongdae loves Luhan like a brother but…yeah. Some mysteries would forever remain unsolved.

 

“I don’t even want to know.” Yixing grumbles. Something like that had happened to often for him to care anymore. Jongdae chuckled. The maknae’s sure were the light in their eyes.

 

A loud thud is heard from upstairs, a series on smaller ones following right after it. All four of them wince, knowing what’s going to come next.

 

“OH SEHUN! HUANG ZITAO!” screams Baekhyun, voice resounding throughout the house. All thudding stops. A sleep dishevelled Chanyeol tiptoes downstairs, not wanting to be anywhere near the line of fire. He had been on the end of that rope far too many times so it was only fair that this time it was someone else. He’ll take what he can get and enjoy it while it lasts.

 

“Abort, abort.” Chanyeol says, disappearing into the kitchen without sparing any of them a glance, probably on the hunt for coffee or anything that could adequately wake him up. They couldn’t help but laugh.

 

Ahh, just another day in the life of the Wu pack.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Jongdae had the feeling all day that something was going to happen. Good or bad he didn’t know. He just knew that something was going to happen. As they day went on as normal he thought that maybe the feeling he had had been wrong. Yixing had told him not to worry, sure that nothing bad was going to happen but the uncertain feeling just wouldn’t go away and it bugged him.

 

It was around six o’clock when he started to notice the grimace on Baekhyun’s face, at first mild but as time went on it getting more frequent and pained. Jongdae was concerned. As the elders pregnancy had progressed he had been experiencing different kinds of pain, from back pain to ankle pain and even pain from the little things kicking his insides, however this seemed more intense than any of those.

 

“Baekhyun, are you okay?” he slid over to the elder Omega.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He answered. Jongdae didn’t quite believe his words but left it alone. The elder didn’t like to come off as weak. He was a strong, independent wolf who doesn’t need no man – but Chanyeol was the exception.

 

It wasn’t until a couple of hours later that the source of Baekhyun’s pain and Jongdae’s feeling was made known. Baekhyun had been getting a snack from the kitchen, Chanyeol beside him when he had cried out, packet of chips in his hand falling to the ground. The noise had been loud enough that everyone in the next room had heard. What greeted them when they entered the kitchen was a pained Baekhyun leaning against the pantry door and a wide eyed Chanyeol staring at the floor in horror, looking about ready to faint right on the spot.

 

Following Chanyeol’s gaze they see a puddle of liquid on the floor, realisation hitting them all in an instant. Baekhyun’s water had broken and it was nearly time for his little pups to be greeted into the world.

 

“I swear to god Park Chanyeol if you faint on me now you’re never touching me again!” Baekhyun hissed at his mate, griping his arm tight. Chanyeol still looking pale, came out of his daze. He goes over to Baekhyun and picks him up bridal style, looking over to Yixing seemingly at a loss of what to do.

 

“Take him to your room. It’s time. There’s nothing anyone of us can do now, it’s all up to Baekhyun now.” He tells him, receiving a nervous nod in reply, taking a groaning Baekhyun upstairs to their room.

 

Zitao squeals, excited that their pack will some welcome some new additions in the form of pups. Everyone seems to be smiling. This is a first for them all and it’s exciting. None of them know what to do with themselves, any tasks they were doing beforehand completely forgotten. There’s a more important matter at hand.

 

“Shouldn’t you be in there?” Jongdae asks Yixing. The Alpha is the only one with medical experience so it would make sense that’s he would be there while Baekhyun gives birth.

 

“No, this is something that Baekhyun and Chanyeol needs to do alone. If something happens I’ll be there to help but if all goes smoothly than I’m not needed.”

 

A couple of anxious hours go by, none of them receiving any word about Baekhyun and the state of the pups. Yixing hadn’t been called so everything must have been going fine. They all prayed.

 

An exhausted and ruffled but brilliantly smiling Chanyeol comes downstairs, eyes shining with so much pride it’s palpable. Tear tracks can be seen but they’re tears of happiness and joy, not sadness or sorrow.

 

“We have two healthy, little boys.” He smiles and cheers break out, all happy for the new parents. Chanyeol’s smile spreads out across his entire face, nearly threatening to fall off. Yifan pats the new father on the back and Chanyeol brings their Alpha into a tight hug, giddy, body still b with the adrenaline.

 

“What are their names?” Asks Kyungsoo, Jongin hugging him from behind.

 

“Daehyun and Taehyung.”

 

“They’re beautiful names.” Says Junmyeon and they all nod in agreement.

 

“When can we see them?” Luhan inquires, asking what they all wanted to know. They all can’t wait to see their newest members.

 

“Later. Baek was exhausted so they’re all resting at the moment.” Luhan pouts but he understands. It must have taken a lot out of Baekhyun. It’s no easy task.

 

“I’m going to head back upstairs. I’ll come and tell you when they’re awake.” He lets them know.

 

Chanyeol leaves them but the excitement it still apparent. All of a sudden Sehun yawns loudly causing a chain reaction amongst them. It’s late and none of them had realised just how tired they all were until that moment.

 

“Maybe we should all head off to bed and wait until the morning to see the little things.” Minseok suggests, already pulling a sleepy Junmyeon upstairs to their bedroom. Everyone else follows, the excitement quickly warring off and exhaustion creeping in.

 

Yixing and Jongdae lie on their own bed snuggled together, Jongdae having officially moved into Yixing’s room six months ago.

 

“I can’t wait to see them.” Jongdae mutters, playing with the fingers of Yixing’s hand on his stomach.

 

“Neither can I. They’re going to be so adorable.” Yixing’s coos. He couldn’t wait for tomorrow. “I think I should give them each one of my plushies.” He whispers and Jongdae smiles looking his bunny Lay on the bedside table which Yixing had given him.

 

“That’s a good idea.”

 

Jongdae knows how much those stuffed toys mean to him and they’re not something he would just give away. They were precious, almost like his own children. He would only willingly give one to those who are important to him, his family, a family which had just gained two new members.

 

This was the beginning of something new and he couldn’t wait to see what would happen in the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It hadn’t taken long for their family to grow even further. Junmyeon and Minseok welcoming their own little joys not even a year after the birth of the twins, two gorgeous little girls called Jisoo and Chaeyoung. The other’s soon followed. Yifan and Zitao having their own little boy called Junhui. That little boy already had Yifan wrapped completely around his little finger. By the looks of it they would have a little Zitao to look after. Kyungsoo’s pregnancy had been a complete surprise. He and Jongin hadn’t been trying so it had been unexpected, but unexpected did not by any means mean unwanted. The pregnancy hadn’t been an easy one. Kyungsoo’s small frame partnered with him carrying a large litter had taken a negative toll on his body. As a result he and Jongin’s room had been relocated to one of the downstairs bedrooms as Yixing had advised that most physical activity – including climbing the stairs – be limited. During the birth Yixing was present. There was a high probability that something could go wrong and he wanted to ensure that the birth went smoothly.

 

Thankfully the pups had been delivered safely, all four of them. Taemin had been first, followed by Weein, Jimin and Yerin. They definitely had their hands full. Kyungsoo wasn’t likely to ever have more but he was content with that. They were enough. Sehun was proud when his own little girl, Jihyo, came into the world. The small thing a complete replica of Luhan in looks. They all hoped that she wouldn’t develop his personality. Now that would be an absolute nightmare. They all shuddered at the thought.

 

There was never a dull moment with that many kids running around and with the way Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been acting suspiciously there was a good chance that there would soon be some more little feet running around. None of the pups were old enough for their statuses to be known yet but none of them were worried about it. What they turned out to be wasn’t a concern to their parents and wouldn’t change how they looked at them.

 

Jongdae and Yixing would often be wrangled in to babysit when their parents needed a break but they never complained. They loved looking after them, garnering the title of ‘favourite uncles’, something which they were very proud of. Wonderfully, the pups had also helped Jongdae realise that there was nothing wrong with him. It was amazing just how nonjudgmental children could be, not having been corrupted by the cruelty of the world.

 

Looking at all of the pups running around made him want some or his own. Jongdae wasn’t quite ready yet but he knew it wouldn’t be too much longer before he and Yixing had their own little human being to love and spoil.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were to welcome Yuna, Taeyong and Chenle less than a year later.

 

 


It's been a while. How have you all been? I'm happy to say, although it has been longer then I had intended, that this story is officially finished. I honestly didn't think it would take me over a month to get this out but it did and I'm sorry but here it finally is. To be honest, most of this has been written in the last two weeks. I've been caught up in Uni and the new drabble series which I have started and am thoroughly enjoying. Feel free to check it out *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* ;) I want to thank you all for being patient with me and supporting this story, whether it had been from the beginning of later on, or even as I post this last chapter. What do you guys think? I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Any questions? Feel free to ask, I'll definitely answer them :)

I probably won't be posting any long fics for a couple of months (until June or July) but I will still be working on and posting the drabbles and maybe some other one shots if I find the time. I've had the idea of doing a song fic and have been thinking about it the last couple of days so I might actually write it. I haven't written one before but I want to give it a go.

Again I want to thank everybody to reading, commenting and giving kudos to this story. It really means a lot. Adios my lovelys~