1;; final

Mishaps, Miracles and Mistletoe

A/N: if you guys like drowning in good feelings then i hope this will be suited for you, all errors are mine hehehe 5k words yall

the jinkook tag hasnt been active recently aw but anyhoooo, enjoy !

____

All his life, people had been telling Jungkook that his sleeping state is the most inconsistent thing to ever exist. It's either he sleeps through the noisiest storm, or wakes up at the slightest sound in dead silence. 

Of course Jungkook's unpredictable self decides to wake up when there's frantic knocking at their dorm's front door. 

Jungkook wearily looks over to his roommate's bed as a silent plea for him to magically wake up. Unluckily, Seokjin has been blessed with normal sleep patterns and doesn't move when Jungkook calls out to him. 

"Seokjin-hyung," He tries again, and all the older male does is shift deeper into his blankets. 

Okay, if that's how it's going to be, Jungkook's willing to sacrifice his Saturday morning. The door can't open itself, after all. 

Defeated, Jungkook moves as quick as his body allows and wrenches the door open, revealing Hoseok. Said male isn't usually up this early, but then again, he was the most spontaneous person Jungkook knew. 

"Good morning!" Hoseok exclaims.

Curses, his never failing energy is going to remain a wonder of this world. 

"G-good morning," Jungkook retracts into the shadowed comforts of his property and away from the hallway's bright lighting. "Um, what are you doing here?"

"I came to wake you and Seokjin up for a very important meeting down in the mess hall!" Hoseok announces. 

"What—how can you hold a meeting, most of our complex went home for the holidays," Says Jungkook, incredulous. Plus, he's not sure if this news is exactly trustworthy coming from a practical joker like Hoseok. When he and Taehyung are in the same room, Jungkook gains a migraine and a half. 

"Exactly. Which is why I'm calling for this meeting!" Hoseok steps to the side and speaks even louder when he says, "Seokjin-hyung!" Jungkook jumps, about to tell the man at their entrance to shut up, because their wonderful hyung doesn't need disturbances. 

"Christ, what Hoseok?" Seokjin slurs from his bed. 

"I'll tell him," Jungkook reassures, sensing danger and deciding to cut their discussion right then and there, before Seokjin can get any grumpier (with his tone as not-fake as he can muster). 

He excuses himself, to shut the door between him and the eccentric neighbor. A few seconds of dialogue-less air makes Jungkook exhale slowly. Good, now he can have at least some time to talk to Seokjin, maybe moan about their rude awakening.  

"Okay!" Comes Hoseok's muffled voice. "I'll see you guys in 5!"

Part of Jungkook wants to ignore Hoseok's 'meeting' and hang around in the dorm with Seokjin all day. Much to his dismay, the latter is already sitting up in his bed, dyed locks a beautiful mess. 

"Rise and shine," Jungkook pads past their small kitchen table and plops down on the edge of Seokjin's mattress rather than his own. The older male blinks sleepily at him.

Even though it's pretty dim in the room, the younger student can't get enough of Seokjin's morning state. It's a blessing to wake up earlier than he, so he can just—admire him. 

See—this is why Jungkook doesn't think about Seokjin as often as he is right now. He ends up internally sounding like a creep that it almost disgusts himself. The two roommates have been living together for a good year and a half, and so far, Jungkook's done a good job at dividing what's 'friendly' and 'romantic'. This is why he believes, that he can't have nice things. This is why.

"He's so loud, Jungkook," Seokjin complains, running a hand over his face. Jungkook flushes a little, thoughts cut short. "What did he want?"

"Apparently there's a meeting in the mess hall." Jungkook explains. "We don't have to go, though."

Seokjin shrugs, poking at his friend with his covered foot. "I feel like if we don't go, I will never hear the end of it from that guy. What do you want to do?"

Jungkook exhales as steady as possible. 

Looks like the extra two hours of sleeping in has gone out of his plans for the day. 

_

The snow fluttering down outside is a nice distraction from the awkward atmosphere that's currently swallowing the art-undergraduate Jeon Jungkook. 

Seoul University's dorms are reigning silent in the chilly winter air. Most residents left for the holidays, excited and chattering the moment their Christmas plans were solidified. 
There were the select few students who simply couldn't make it home and opted to stay in the dorms. 

Jungkook is one of the few who stayed back, because screw that, he wasn't leaving the warmth of his bed to take a six hour ride in negative twenty degree weather. He does miss his family dearly, but by the looks of winter this year, it's left him no choice. 

Yet, he wasn't in his comfortable duvet but stuck in a room full of boys whom all probably wanted to be sleeping. 

Beside Jungkook is his lovely friend and roommate Seokjin who looks ridiculously handsome in the fluorescent lighting of the dining room. In front of him is Jimin, who's head is tiredly lolling and landing on Taehyung's shoulder. Both of them couldn't head home, as the location of their houses were simply too far. Yoongi is glaring at the front of the room, arms crossed with a fidgety Namjoon beside him. 

"Jung Hoseok," Yoongi sighs. "You best give me a legitimate reason why you dragged me down here so early."

The dorm's resident energizer looks at the tired men in front of him. "Well, all of you can't disagree with my idea once I tell you."

"Depends how ridiculous it is," Yoongi chirps.

"Just 'cause you're my roommate doesn't mean you can trash talk me." Hoseok stomps towards the broom closet at the side of the mess hall, noisily reaching in. "Basically, I have a feeling we're all going to be bored now that classes are over and like, 90% of the dorm population ditched us for their families. So, I wanted to make this day interesting!"

Jungkook can already imagine the scenario. The dusty old stockings being hung on every nail that dug into the drywall, cheap wreaths that can't hold themselves up on the doors, string lights that have 50% of their bulbs burnt out. He's never taken the liberty to decorate the dorms before, but he's seen enough teen sitcoms to see where this is headed. 

Very slowly, Hoseok wheels out a rickety whiteboard, unused. "Are you even allowed to write on that?" Taehyung asks. The cafeteria staff had left for the holidays as well, so the question was sort of baseless. 

"Probably, as long as I erase it. But forget about that!" Hoseok turns around, grabbing a marker that conveniently had been resting on the whiteboard's ledge. 

Wary eyes follow each of the dull blue ink. Jungkook squirms in his seat while Seokjin cranes his neck to see just what the hell their friend was up to. 

'DORM DECORATING DAY' is written in bolded characters, and Hoseok reveals the entirety of his 'idea' with a -eating grin. 

"No." Yoongi says. 

"Aw, that sounds kind of fun!" Taehyung exclaims, earning a glare from Yoongi. 

"See?! It's a great idea!" Hoseok sticks his tongue out, causing Seokjin and Taehyung to laugh. 

"I sort of wanted to sleep," Namjoon groans. 

Seokjin sits up. "Oh shush, you can sleep after we're done decorating!" Jimin yells in agreement, and Jungkook silently watches as the room descends into an orderly chaos over the day's plans. 

Hoseok clears his throat loudly (must be painful to make it noticeable over everyone's bickering) and turns to Jungkook. "What do you think, Jungkook? You didn't really say much, I wanna know your two cents on this."

Jungkook gulps. "Uh..."

Everyone's looking. Seokjin's looking. If he says no, Yoongi will skin him alive. If he agrees, he'll get on Seokjin's good side. 'He's my roommate, dammit. If I make him mad then my life is over.' He's left with only one option.

"I think it's a good idea."

Cheers erupt from Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok. Seokjin elbows Jungkook, grinning and eyes shining. 'Oh, lord.' When Seokjin grabs his hand and raises it in mock-victory (to brag to Yoongi, but whatever) Jungkook knows he's made the right choice. 

"You owe me a soda after this!" Namjoon cries, slumping over in his chair. 

"Hoseok, you're not using the hair-dryer in our room anymore." Yoongi adds. 

Hoseok jabs the latter with his marker. "Quit whining already! Today's going to be a productive! Now if you two don't quit groaning about it I'll make you decorate desperate floors. Alone!"

Jimin shakes his head. "Just pick the pairs already so we can decorate and finish early."

"That's the spirit!" Hoseok uncaps the marker, scrawling down all their names. "Now I'm just picking at random..."

Seokjin leans close to Jungkook. "I seriously hope we're partners, I don't think I can work with Namjoon. Have you seen the way he does laundry down here?"

He stifles a laugh when he looks at the lanky male beside Yoongi, mind distracted at the way his low-timbre laughter warms his entire being. 

Speaking of Yoongi, the male is rendered silent when the first pair of partners are on the board. 

'Yoongi + Jimin, main floor'

"The main floor's the hardest one, Hoseok." Yoongi groans. "We have to decorate this hall, the entrance hall, the locker rooms, and the laundry room!"

"Exactly." Hoseok smirks. 

The next pair is up. Much to Jungkook's disappointment, it's 'Namjoon+Jin+Taehyung' on the first and second floors.

"And that means, Jungkookie and I..." Their faux-team leader scribbles down messily on the surface of the board. "Are decorating the third floor, the balcony, and the stairwell. Are we good?"

Trying not to be a poor sport, Jungkook fixes up a small grin and stands up. he likes Hoseok and all, but anday full of him decorating at the speed of light just isn't interesting to him. That is, until Seokjin speaks up and surprises the younger. 

Bless him, he better be saying what Jungkook's hoping he's going to say—

"Uh, Hoseok? Could I be Jungkook's partner?" Seokjin asks sheepishly. "I wouldn't mind decorating the third floor. Plus, I think the balcony would make you uncomfortable, right? Since it's high?"

What a convenience, the entire dorm is very aware of the intense height phobia that Hoseok harbors. Taehyung's airplane stories involving him provided enough information that Hoseok should not be allowed over 35 feet above the ground. 

Hoseok shudders after the group casts their attention on him. "Y-You have a point."

"Yeah, I see Jin-hyung every day in my child psychology class. I've had enough of his face." Prods Taehyung, earning a whack on the shoulder from Jimin. 

While this pans out, Jungkook's just enjoying the ride. Seriously, he's not the luckiest person on earth but he sure damn feels like it right now. 

"Alright. Jungkook and Jin-hyung can take the third floor!" Hoseok erases the names with ease. "I'll just bug Namjoon and Taehyung!"

"Do I get a soda for this?" Namjoon pipes up.

"Just–just decorate first."

____


A shattering racket makes Jungkook drop the long mesh wire in his hands, and run down the stairs. "Seokjin-hyung?!"

There, sitting in a pile of fake poinsettias was Seokjin. Although with the amount of red petals around him and Jungkook's ty nearsightedness, for a split second he could've thought that was blood. For a second. A box lay cast to the side, while glitter stuck on his clothes. "Jeez, wasn't expecting that to happen."

"Are you okay?" Jungkook drops to his knees, plucking at the flowers and tossing them back into the box.

"Peachy," Seokjin dusts himself off. "Sorry if I you know, shook you."

The younger male simply laughs, albeit a little awkwardly. He must've looked odd blasting down the stairs in a matter of seconds. Always running when Seokjin's in distress. Seriously, he could break a finger and Jungkook would probably drop everything.

"Nah, it's okay. I mean, what if you actually broke something?" Jungkook's attempt at a lighthearted joke makes him want to throw himself in the snow but he doesn't do that. Not when Seokjin starts laughing and shoves the younger a little, beginning to stand and collect the fallen decorations. 

"Hey, I'm like, three years older than you. I'm not old yet." 

Most of the mock-plants are in the cardboard box, that is until Jungkook spots a bundle of green leaves held by a band. His eyes widen and they immediately flit to Seokjin, who's still cleaning up the mess, and then back to the branches. 

Lord have mercy, it's ing mistletoe. 

Since when did their dorm moderator decide to have mistletoe as an ornament?!

Never has Jungkook ever caught himself under the infamous plant nor will he ever, now that he's going to be self-conscious and peering up at every doorway. The little voice in his head tells him to strategically plot the mistletoe where he can steal a convenient kiss. 

Perhaps on the front of his and Seokjin's dorm, or over the laundry room. All these ideas and Jungkook knows he's too far gone when each scenario ends with a kiss from his roommate, his friend. 

'My boyfriend if I try hard enough—'

"Jungkook?"

Not again! Jungkook gives a tiny shake to his temples and quickly shoves the traitorous mistletoe in the box. 

"Yeah?"

"I asked if you wanted to start wrapping the stairwell railings." Seokjin deadpans, but the quirky smile on his lips say otherwise. 

"Oh, sure."

"You stay down here," Seokjin eagerly tugs on the garland and begins his trek up the stairs, while Jungkook's eyes follow his frame. 

Rapid footsteps distract Jungkook for a moment and he sees Yoongi handling a Christmas tree. It's apparent that he only has one half of the towering arbour, as Jimin is speeding behind him with the stump. "Out of the way, Jungkook!"

He's shocked at how fast the short legged pair were running.  He narrowly avoids being trampled by the pair. He never knew that Yoongi could operate at such...high mileage. 

"Is everything okay?!" Seokjin hollers from the top. 

"Yeah, I'm—" Jungkook pauses when the sight before him literally leaves him speechless. The window by the top of the stairwell gives this ethereal glow on Seokjin and Jungkook is seriously thinking that all these beautiful things he's witnessing are works of hallucination. 

Yes, that must be it. 

Seeing things with a rose-coloured lens of infatuation always makes Seokjin look like a god in Jungkook's eyes and dammit, he just wants to decorate without getting too carried away. 

The older male giggles (the glorious sound echoing in the hallway) at Jungkook, most likely at the zoned-out expression on his face. 

Miraculously, they do manage to wrap the mesh garland around the wooden railings, and Jungkook's slowly making his way back up to the third floor, arms filled with the large box. 

"Oh wow, they have mistletoe in here!" Seokjin's eyes widen and Jungkook nearly drops the entire thing. Now what? Seokjin's discovered the plant that literally relates to kissing and what, just what will he do with them?

Leaning in to Jungkook, Seokjin looks awfully mischievous and the younger boy's thoughts go blank. That's it. Seokjin's going in for the kill, totally un-orthodox and getting down to business. Squeezing his eyes shut and head pounding, Jungkook waits for what never comes. 

Instead of a soft press of the lips, Seokjin just keeps talking, voice lowered. "We should scatter these all over the floor, even the second and main levels." A snicker. "Can you imagine Yoongi and Jimin getting caught under one of these? Or even Namjoon?"

The older male collapses into peals of laughter and his signature windshield-wiper noises start emerging. Jungkook smiles at this, mildly relieved that Seokjin didn't end up kissing him the way his mind had convinced him. 

"Well? What are we waiting for, hyung?" 

____

Wreaths were hung on most of the available surfaces Seokjin and Jungkook could find. As a team, Jungkook enjoyed believing they were the best pair out of them all. 

Now, they're trying to be discreet as the duo strategically plans their mistletoe locations. 

Of course, Jungkook was a cooperative teammate and didn't let his infatuation get the best of him. The golden student of SNU's art department could easily hang up a mistletoe and lure Seokjin under it, but he's not that shallow. 

Well, he hopes he isn't anyway. 

Hoseok, Taehyung and Namjoon are distracted on the second floor with impromptu doorknob ornaments, so Jungkook takes the opportunity to slip past and pin the plant on the doorway nearest to the elevator—where Hoseok and Namjoon cross paths nearly every day.

"Who would've known you liked playing matchmaker, hyung?" Jungkook pries, when they're alone again in an empty hallway. 

A satisfied expression flits across his roommate's face. "I know a good couple when I see one,"

"Watch, all three of them are gonna get stuck under the mistletoe," Jungkook rolls his eyes. "Then what?"

"Hey! Love knows no limit. If they all agree then, who's stopping them?"

"...you're weird, hyung." Jungkook reaches up and blindly puts another mistletoe by their own hallway, near their dorm room and the stairwell. "I don't think matchmaking is in your future,"

Playing along, Seokjin scoffs and hits Jungkook lightly on the arm. "How disrespectful, I think I'm not going to make extra noodles for you tonight."

The pair end up chatting more than assembling their Christmas decorations (save for the few mistletoe that they hung so closely to Jimin and Yoongi on the main floor) and time passes by quickly. 

"Hoseok said they're almost finished decorating." Seokjin murmurs. 

All seven of them had been at it for a good few hours, transforming their one-dimensional apartment complex into a slightly brighter dormitory. 

"Well, just one more mistletoe left," Seokjin observes happily, peering into their empty box. 

"Man...I don't even remember which doorways we didn't put these on." 

Jungkook and Seokjin circle around lazily. The third floor and balcony were covered in reds and greens, a typical palette for the holiday season. The second floor team had been pacing between levels, exploring the newly designed corridors. 

Yoongi and Jimin remained at the main floor though. ("They're getting it on," Seokjin waggled his eyebrows earlier, and Jungkook tried his best not to guffaw out loud.)

It's been minutes since Seokjin and Jungkook began scavenging for a spare doorway for the mistletoe, enthusiasm fizzling out by the second. 

"I give up, maybe we should just leave this last one in the box." Jungkook sighs, his slow paced walking slowing to a stop. 

Seokjin halts and relocates beside his partner. "You sure? I'm sure a place must be open." Leaning against the doorway, he looks down the stairs to the second floor. "We could always try looking in the main hall."

"75% of our mistletoe went there, hyung." Jungkook says.

Seokjin closes his eyes. "You're right." Opening them, he quirks up a tiny smile. "I guess we're finished."

"Mmhm. Good job, Jin-hyung."

"You too, Jungkookie. Sometimes I wish I had good balance," Seokjin points up. "Without you I wouldn't have been able to get the mistletoe up—" He pauses after he glances upward, doing a double-take. 

Jungkook's brow creases at the abrupt cut in Seokjin's words, and he slowly, agonizingly follows the older male's gaze. 

He lets a tiny gasp slip out between his lips.

'Oh.' Is on loop in Jungkook's head. He's afraid, and he's hopeful. 

A rich green mistletoe dangles over both of the boys. 

Seokjin's red in the face, and Jungkook grips the box tighter—mostly to stabilize himself as his cheeks are heating up at a rate that can be considered unhealthy. 

"W-Well, then." Seokjin breathes, chortling under his breath. Jungkook can catch the hitch in his short statement. 

And all he can do is clear his damn throat. Here they are, caught under their own trap. 

"Jungkook...no one's even here to see it. We don't—" Seokjin backs away and steps aside. "We can pretend that—" He juts a thumb upward and Jungkook's heart falls along with his expression. "—never happened."

Disappointed, he's so mortified. 'For Christ's sake, Jungkook! You've been a mess all day and now you're just going to let your quality time end like this?!'

Seokjin notices Jungkook's stagnant position, and tries again. "Hey, lets go downstairs?"

'One chance, one chance, one chance, one chance—'

It's been one day and Jungkook's nearly experienced an aneurysm thanks to Seokjin over 5 times. He's got to say something, because if he doesn't, he knows they're probably going to migrate back to the group and bury this whole thing as if it wasn't special, wasn't significant.

Sweet Jungkook doesn't mind them being something special, but does Seokjin?

'There's only one way to find out.' Jungkook thinks, fingers trembling so much he's probably dented the cardboard. 'I'm gonna regret this.'

"No," He croaks. , it was supposed to come out way better.  He sounds like a prepubescent middle schooler. 

"Eh?"

"C-Can we not go down yet?" Jungkook swallows, avoiding Seokjin's unwavering stare. "I...I want to tell you—I need to tell you something." 

Seokjin's face morphs into something of hesitation, but he crosses his arms and goes back to his former position, disregarding the mistletoe and standing in front of his roommate. 

"Something wrong?" He questions, and his tone is so soft and concerning. 

Memories of long nights chatting and washroom conversations about absolutely nothing and everything bombard Jungkook like a storm. Seokjin deserves to know. 

"Well—" Jungkook fidgets. "Uh..."

He's looking up at the mistletoe again and Seokjin catches on.

"Oh. You wanted a kiss?" Seokjin raises an eyebrow. He sounds too casual for this to be true, and Jungkook isn't sure if he likes it. 

The older male takes his silence as a yes and swiftly leans in to peck Jungkook's cheek. "Hyung—" He starts, but it dies down to a soft exhale the moment Seokjin's lips make contact on his flushed skin. The spark leaves as soon as it comes. 

'I like you.' 

"What?"

Jungkook blushes, flinching a little. He did not just say that out loud. "Nothing."

"No, Jungkookie." Seokjin sounds concerned and puzzled at the same time. Jungkook decides it's time to place the box down (he may or may not have been using it as a comforting wall between him and his handsome friend). He's gotta get his together. "Could you repeat that?"

"It's nothing,"

"You said you like me," Seokjin says quietly. 

Jungkook purses his lips. "...yeah."

"I like you too." 

'He's just playing with me now. You know what, maybe it's better if I just start faking it to avoid all these—complications.'

"Hyung, it's not the friend-like, okay?" He sounds a tad impatient, and this catches Seokjin off-guard. "I've tried hard to keep it that way though, but—" 

Dammit. Jungkook curses when his face crumples. The attention became too much, he swears he's not crying, it's just the irritating scent of fake packaging and leaves that trigger his allergies. Yeah, allergies. 

"I get it. And that's what I mean," Seokjin's closer now, and Jungkook can't really cower anywhere else. So he looks at Seokjin dead-on.

"Romantically, hyung. I'm romantically interested in you." Jungkook says slowly, accentuating each mortifying, honest word. Seokjin just doesn't get it, saying how he likes him back so easily. "I've tried to keep it cool and whatever and trust me, if you think I'm weird forget I said anything." 

A comforting hand trails up Jungkook's jaw before delicately holding his face. "Will you believe me when I say I'm romantically interested in you, too?"

"S-St-op playing." Jungkook pouts. 

Seokjin smiles. 

His hallucinations are really making this hard for him. Now they're manipulating his mind into seeing Seokjin lean in and—

Seokjin's kissing him. 

Oh.

'Oh,' Is all that resounds in Jungkook's quiet frenzy. 

Seokjin handles him with care, arm around the small of his back while his fingers hold his jaw. Jungkook's eyes shut, rendering him vulnerable for this dream-like moment. 

A searing heat is conventional from his gut, making him blush furiously when Seokjin pulls back only to reconnect their mouths again. It's chaste, a sweet press that makes Jungkook's oldest, never visited fantasies disappear in an instant. This, this is better. 

He's vaguely aware that his own hand s up to Seokjin's shoulders, and after seconds, minutes of pure bliss, they separate. 

"I..." Jungkook felt obligated to say something but all his coherent words got caught in his throat. 

"Deep breaths."

Even after such a...climactic moment, Seokjin always finds ways to dote and pamper Jungkook. It's been this way the moment the younger male stepped into the dorms on his very first day in SNU.

Staying true to his nurturing self, Seokjin takes Jungkook off guard, stealing a peck that's too quick to even be considered a kiss. It leaves Jungkook flustered. 

"Hyung...so you really...?"

If he hadn't known any better, this is turning out like a damn interview. But Jungkook is that stunned. 

"I didn't want to admit it to myself..." Seokjin admits with an uncommon tinge of timid nature. "I need to get used to this whole thing. But you're so loveable, Jungkookie. I really mean it when I say I like you too."

"Since when?" He musters the strength to ask. 

"You were adorable the day you walked in. Now it's not this whole cheesy love-at-first sight deal. As we got to know each other, I became fond—is that the word?" He shrugs. "But you grew on me, Kook. Sort of like...a toenail." With that, another sneaky kiss is placed on Jungkook's mouth. 

Jungkook's biting back a smile. "Oh my god. You compared me to a toenail."

"Like mould on cheese? It's inseparable...like...us?"

Jungkook blinks up at Seokjin before giggling, shaking his head and resting it against the other male's collarbone. Despite himself, the fact that his jokes still manage to make an appearance is beyond him. He's so—it's so surreal. 

The fact just registered in his head: Seokjin likes him back. They're going to be fine. Petulantly, Jungkook has the guts to finally initiate this one, moulding their lips together. His hands cup Seokjin's face a tad too forcefully, but his doubts are gone when hands surround Jungkook's body and tugging him close with equal fervor. 

Their noses knock and they can't continue the kiss at this rate. Seokjin increases his tight hold while chuckling affectionately into  his ear. 

He's laughing—happy as ever, and soon Seokjin's joining him, arms wrapped around his form. 

"God...I'm so relieved."

The older male pokes Jungkook's nose. "Why?"

"The typical fears of rejection. The norm."

"I wouldn't reject you!" Seokjin scoffs, rubbing his thumbs along Jungkook's hips. The latter's knees go slightly weak.

"Well now I know that," He retorts. His fingers prod the soft linen of Seokjin's shoulder. 

Seokjin rolls his eyes and knocks their foreheads together. Jungkook quickly glances at Seokjin's lips and suddenly misses the spurring warmth that came with their spontaneous kiss. 

"Seokjin-hyung. Can we..." He clears his throat awkwardly again. "Kiss? Again?"

"Wow, eager are we?"

"Are you gonna kiss me or not?" Jungkook whines, bold in an instant. What's there to lose?

Glancing up at the mistletoe, Seokjin laughs at his friend. "That depends. Would—Do you want to be my boyfriend, Jungkookie?"

"I think you know the answer to that." Jungkook flashes a grin and takes the liberty to close his eyes and wait. 

Seokjin brushes holds Jungkook closer to him, and goes in for another kiss. 

There's been various times where Jungkook wondered what the taste of their affairs would ever be like, and now that he's got it, he knows he won't ever put it into words. 

Succumbing completely, Jungkook sighs and his breath fans out soothingly on Seokjin's cheek. 

"Wow! Yes, get it, Seokjin!" A screech breaks their intimate contact and Jungkook's eyes are the size of saucers when he looks and sees Taehyung, Hoseok and Namjoon gathered collectively at the bottom of the stairwell. 

"Is he a good kisser?!" Taehyung yells. 

"I'm not gonna answer that." Jungkook mutters, shifting a bit awkwardly in Seokjin's hold—his heart flutters as he realizes he hasn't let him go yet. 

"I can't believe this," Namjoon comments, swiftly pulling out his phone and snapping a picture before Seokjin or Jungkook could even protest. Jungkook bets he'll encounter that picture of Namjoon's Snapchat story, or something.

"Sorry for interrupting you lovebirds!" Screeches Hoseok, who walks out of earshot. 

Namjoon follows, and Taehyung does as well, a distant "I knew they were an item I told you all!" echoing throughout the building. 

Jungkook shakes his head. "So much for announcing the good news." 

"You can say that again."

"...so much—"

Seokjin unlatches himself from Jungkook. "Oh my god, I was kidding!" He's unable to hold his lovely laughter in, and still buzzing from the excitement of it all, Jungkook careens himself back into his newfound boyfriend. He's cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

For the second time, the pair get interrupted as Taehyung, Hoseok and Namjoon return, bolting back and forth in the staircase area. 

"Yoongi and Jimin kissed!" Hoseok's running for the hills. Jungkook eyes Seokjin warily. This can't be too good, as their lethargic friend isn't much of a romantic. So the fact that he kissed Jimin stunned the couple under the mistletoe, and Hoseok's probably gonna get a beating for making a spectacle out of everyone. Especially Yoongi.

Seokjin exhales, rolling his eyes and pulling away to leave one arm lazily slung around Jungkook's waist. "Our mistletoe finally worked on them."

'And on us.' He hums in agreement. "We're all done. Lets just go down?"

Seokjin obliges. His arm slips down and his hand intertwines with Jungkook's, their fingers a perfect fit. 

 

///a little later///

 

Yoongi utters out a clipped, embarrassed goodnight after Jimin gives him a teasing embrace, slamming the door and rustling about in his dorm room. 

"Good work today guys, I'll see you tomorrow~" Jimin waves, Taehyung following suit—the poor guy burnt out and his constant yawns gave a great effect for how eventful their day was. 

"Gonna sleep too," Hoseok says. "I would love to interrogate all you lovelies who managed to get some action under the mistletoe, but my mattress awaits. That is, if Yoongi wants to open the door for me."

The male stalks off, leaving Namjoon.

"Uh...congrats? I think." Namjoon laughs, and Seokjin smirks, nudging his thin arm. 

"I'm so honored to get noticed by you," He teases, and Namjoon pulls a derp. Jungkook nearly laughs—it's an image he won't be forgetting for a while. 

"Whatever, man. Night you two, good job today." Namjoon practically drags himself down the hallway, until Seokjin and Jungkook remain, standing in front of their dorm room. 

"I call dibs on shower."

"H-hyung! You take longer than me! No!"

.

Now what?

Jungkook feels restless as hell, when Seokjin appears from his shower. They're in the same room that's been shared between them for a good couple years—but it's only now that the two reside in it as an...official 'item' as Taehyung would describe it. 

Seokjin shuts the lights off, Jungkook's phone illuminating the dark for a split second before he places it facedown on their bedside desk. "Night, Jungkookie,"

"Good night." He replies quietly, watching the shadow of his hyung sink into the sheets.  

Sometimes Seokjin sleeps shirtless, other times he doesn't. It's usually a routine though, the older male would burrow under many layers but ends up kicking them all off—Jungkook thinks of it as a cute habit. He's guilty for his own sleeping mannerisms as well. 

Such as tossing and turning. The very thing he's doing now because his thoughts are ing restless. 

Did they really just—come together like that? His face heats up when the answer is so obvious. Yes, they did. 

Jungkook flips onto his side, rustling his duvet. A loud exhale exits him and he tries shutting his eyes. 

And an image of Seokjin right in his vision makes him open his eyes again, rolling onto his back. God, he's hopeless. 

Seokjin must've noticed (why isn't he sleeping yet?), for he moves as well. "Are you alright? Are you sleepy?"

"N-not really. I'm okay though. Just not tired."

"You're not usually rolling around so frequently. If anything, you should be unconscious by now," Seokjin giggles. 

"Tell that to my damn thoughts," Jungkook mutters, clenching the pillow beneath his head. 

"Oh, Jungkook's thoughts, please let my boyfriend rest so he'll stop shifting around so much."

Boyfriend

That was too easy. Seokjin doesn't fail to surprise him. 

"Too soon?" Seokjin inquires. 

"No...no I like the sound of that," He confesses earnestly. 

The mild hum of their heater takes over the atmosphere, as Jungkook slowly faces Seokjin. "Jungkook...come here,"

"Eh?"

"Come here," He repeats. 

Jungkook hesitates, sitting up and making his way over at turtle's pace. A hand encloses itself around his wrist and gently pulls, guiding Jungkook onto Seokjin's bed. "O-Oh, hyung. Wait—"

"Calm it, we aren't doing any funny business." Seokjin throws the blankets over their bodies. "Come closer, Kookie," Ah, what a lovely way to reduce Jungkook to mush. "I figured since we began this thing today, might as well get used to being with me for the whole...boyfriends thing. Gotta adjust."

"I-I see. Okay, hyung." He's shy and unsure and he's letting Seokjin take the reigns. 

And even though his heart's pounding, Jungkook can manage to close his eyes like this, can imagine Seokjin's face inches away from his while his comforting limbs entangle in Jungkook's own. 

He doesn't even flinch when there's the light pressure of Seokjin's lips against his. Jungkook presses sweetly on Seokjin, closing the gap between the both of them. It's unadultered and void of lust—Jungkook knows it's these kinds of kisses that will engrave themselves in his memory. 

A goodnight kiss–it dissipates the last bit of worry out of Jungkook. 

"You did so well today." Seokjin whispers against his lips, when they part. He sounds like he's on the brink of falling asleep. "Sleep, Jungkook-ah..."

"Good...night, hyung." Jungkook slurs, a heavy wall of fatigue collapsing on him. 

A loving hand threads through his hair. Jungkook finally lets go of consciousness, nosing at Seokjin's neck and ignoring all anxieties of the day. 

Seokjin doesn't know what they're going to be like, and Jungkook has no idea either. 

But as the snow falls lightly outside their concealed window, the dark night night covers the couple in a blanket of stars. With their arms around each other, innocently and oh-so-carefully, the cold outside is forgotten. 

It's definitely a start that neither of them plan to stop. 

 

 

 

 

Who would've known that the iconic mistletoe dangling at their doorway would've paved the future of Jungkook and Seokjin?

 

 

________________________

A/N: lord I love every single person who made it down to here, please comment what you thought of this! :)

I'm sorry if the story escalated too quickly n it seemed rushed but I wanted to drown in fluff ,

But on the other hand, it's winter and expect another one shot (possible two shot) from me in the near future mmhm

Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it! Lots of love and I appreciate all the support <3