Randomantic

Randomantic

I am enjoying my deep sleep until I feel movement behind me. Oh god. Is this a serial killer with a comfy bed . I gently turn around and open my eyes to see the crazy man. I release my breathe that I didn't realise I was holding. It is just my boyfriend; Jonghyun the love of my life. When did he get here? I spend a few minutes staring at his peaceful sleeping face; oh he has pastel pink hair now. He looks so tired but he scared me, so no more sleep for him.

 

"You stupid head," I shout and nudge him. All I get is grumbling back. "Yah, wake up".

"What?" he whines and scrunches his face. Naw so cute. Ahem.

"What are you doing here? Did you need to sneak up on me like that?" I fire question after question as he yawns.

"I wanted to surprise you" he mumbles and opens his arms.

"You almost scared me to death. I thought you were a serial killer" I shuffle around so I can fit in his awaiting embrace.

"I missed you too, my love" he chuckles. His breath tickling my overly sensitive neck as I shiver in response.

"I missed you more. Do you have a day off?" I hope.

"No sadly. Still a hectic schedule until after my solo comeback. I wanted to see you"

"You need to rest more than seeing me. I understand your line of work, I always have. Your health is more important" I lecture him.

"I know, I know but that doesn't stop me from missing you so much I can think of little else"

"You are so cheesy" I giggle and turn my head to peck his plump lips.

"You love it" he pecks back.

"I do" a few pecks turning steadily more heated.

 

We separated panting softly regaining our breaths.

"When do you have to leave?" I ask pouting.

"Lunchtime" he nips my bottom lip.

"So we have all morning to cuddle" I cheer.

"First we must eat" he says releasing me and getting out of bed.

"Why?" I whine. He walks over to my side of the bed.

"Because my baby needs her strength" he extends his arms. I grab them and let him drag me out of bed.

 

I follow him blindly to the kitchen too tired to pay attention to what is around me. Jonghyun pulls out a chair for me and I take a seat. I blink a few times looking at the table to find a large variety of fruits, pastries and a beautiful vase full of pink lilies and white baby breath flowers. I am stunned, words escape me. This is beautiful and surprising.

"What... ah???" I try to form words.

"Do you like it?" he asks nervously. Looking a little sheepish.

"Like it, I love it. I was not expecting this" I look up at him holding back tears.

"Baby don't cry" he bends down to wipe away the stray tears.

"You know how emotional I am in the morning. When did you do this?" I lean in and peck his lips.

"Before I joined you in bed, now eat" he grabs a fork and spikes a strawberry, hand feeding me.

I take a bite and darn was that strawberry good. My man sure knows how to please his lady.

"What brought all this on? I love that you did" I ask curiously as he chuckles.

"Just 'cause. In time you will see" he replies cryptically.

"Ok" I reply sceptically. We continue to eat breakfast in silence, enjoying each others presence.

 

When breakfast was finished and we cleaned up together; we made our way back to my bed. We spent the rest of the morning resting and catching up on our lives. It truly felt like forever since I was last in his arms feeling at peace without a worry or care. How did I get so lucky? I get distracted from my thoughts by nibbling on my ear.

"Babe, it's time" he whispers. I let out a loud sigh.

"I don't want you to go? I just got you back" I whine. Leaning into him taking a deep breath, re-imprinting his comforting scent.

"I know but don't worry this comeback isn't very long. In a couple weeks I am all yours" he says trying to cheer me up.

"I understand it's your job; I really do. Sometimes it would be nice to go somewhere remote, to spend some uninterrupted quality time together. No one to bother us. Rekindle our love" I throw that thought out there.

"Are you feeling neglected?" he smirks.

"No, but it has been a while since we spent any real time together. I miss you"

"I know and I promise to make it up to you" he flashes me a wide cheeky grin.

"Ok, let's get you going. The sooner you leave the sooner you return" I jump out of bed dragging him with me.

"Fine, fine" he chuckles letting me lead him to the door.

 

He puts on his shoes and gives me a sweet parting kiss. I wave him off smiling at the most talented and beautiful person I have ever met. As his car turns the corner of the street and he is out of sight; I close the door and plop onto the couch in a state of depression. I hate being away from him. I pretend it doesn't bother me but in all honestly not having Jonghyun nearby all the time really disheartens me. Every time I walk along the streets I keep seeing lovey dovey couples enjoying each other's company. It takes practically a military mission just to achieve the same.

 

I sincerely hope my depressive state only lasts a few weeks until his comeback finishes. I am looking forward to seeing my puppy again. I hope for more than a couple hours this time. I am watching dramas to escape the sad reality when I hear a knock on the door. Why is someone interrupting my 'no Jonghyun' ritual? I put the drama on pause and begrudgingly go to my front door and open it. I open the door to find rose petals all over the front yard. It was a beautiful contrast to the fresh green grass and purple jacaranda trees that lined my street. Amidst my admiration something falls in my peripheral vision catching my attention. I look down to find a pink lip shaped post it note. "Roses are red, Violets are blue, The centre of my world begins and ends with you". I gasp and cover my mouth reading the beautiful yet cheesy poem; tears forming instantly waiting to spill. Suddenly Jonghyun appears out of nowhere in a sharp black suit. I take the two steps to be right in front of him, still unbelieving he is really standing in front of me. I punch his shoulder to which he whines. Yep, he is really standing there.

 

"What was that for?"

"You're really here" I state.

"I don't go to just anyone's house spreading rose petals on their front lawn, leaving romantic post-it notes in a suit" he deadpans.

"You better not or the next punch will be harder," both of us laugh "what is all this about? honey" I ask bewildered. He looks intensely at me for a moment. Before I can question what is going on in that brain of his he speaks.

"I just want to do simple random things to say, I love you" and with that said he grabs the back of my neck and pulls me into the most passionate kiss we have ever had. We reluctantly break apart to catch our breaths. I stare into his big brown endless eyes in bewilderment. My only response to all this, is to sigh dreamily.

"Honey," he waves his hand in front of my face. I am still lost in his entire being, smiling widely. "go get dressed. We are going out tonight" he says. I still don't respond. Jonghyun huffs and turns me around leading me into my bedroom.

 

"What should I wear?" I mumble out, finally gaining some sensibility walking into my closet.

"Whatever you like" he smiles and smacks my . I giggle in response. I grab the first dress I find. A simple cream and black striped tight dress showing off the just right amount of cleavage and legs without looking like a lady of the night. I quickly run into the bathroom and put on the barest of makeup not wanting waste anymore time. I run out to grab my purse when Jonghyun's hand stops me. "You won't need it love" he states smirking.

"How do you know? I might get carded" I challenge playfully.

"Because I have set everything up myself and you won't need anything but your beautiful self" he says pecking my lips whilst grabbing my wrist and leading me out of my home.

 

After some time of driving we arrive at a very extravagant looking movie theatre. It's like stepping into a 1920's film set with big bright lights advertising the theatre and the films being played. We approach a hexagonal box where tickets get sold, Jonghyun states his name and we get directed inside.  It's even more beautiful looking inside, very old fashioned. It is very busy here tonight. I hope we don't get mobbed by fan girls.

"It's ok, this theatre is designed for people in the public eye" he whispers in my ear sensing my unease. The staff member informs us our theatre for tonight and the movie will begin shortly. He bows respectfully and exits the room. The empty theatre is lined with dark red curtains adorned by rich purple chairs and golden lights twinkling on the roof looking like stars.

"Stunning" is all I mutter.

"Not as stunning as you are tonight" he  mutters.

"Thank you" I whisper still admiring the beautiful cinema.

"You're welcome" he chuckles and I follow my puppy dearest to the love seat (more like bed) in the middle.

 

Just as we get comfortable in our hybrid bed chair a waiter turns up with a bottle of wine and a fruit platter. We thank them and start eating as the lights dim and the screen alights. Now that I think about it, I have no idea what movie we are seeing.

"Honey the movie is starting where is everyone?" I ask perplexed.

"Tonight is all about you and me. I booked this room just for us" he smiles smugly.

"Seriously, wow, I didn't know you could do that"

"You can, aren't I an amazing boyfriend"

I get distracted by the movie beginning and I recognise it instantly 'Like for Likes'; I saw this a few months back and loved it so much. I had mentioned it in passing on one of our late night calls saying how much I wanted to see this with him. He remembered.

"The best, I love you" I chuckle and kiss his cheek.

 

 

When the movie ends I am once again whisked away to another location, this one vastly different. The airport.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" I question.

"Nope it is much better for you to sit back and enjoy the ride" he chuckles.

He leads me to the VIP lounge where Jinki is standing next to a beautifully set table.

"Everything has been packed and I have your tickets and passports here" he says handing Jonghyun the paperwork.

"Thanks, I appreciate the help hyung" he smiles and hugs Jinki.

"I would love to stay and chat but you both have a busy schedule" he winks and gives me a quick hug and walks away.

I furrow my brows wondering what on earth is going on? Jongie sits me at the table and the food comes out almost immediately.

"Do not fret my love, I will reveal all later" he smiles.

We eat in peace and quiet; sharing loving glances and smiles. Sometimes silence is all we need to express our love and appreciation. There is a call over the speaker and Jonghyun gets up, he nods to the waiter whom brings 2 suitcases and a large envelope. He takes my hand and leads me to the departure gate. When we get there the sign says, JEJU. He is taking me to Jeju Island. That crazy man.

"Are you suprised?" he smirks.

"That's for sure babe, how did you manage to get permission to take me there?" I am bewildered.

"Jinki is handling that for me" I nod.

 

After a few hours and multiple forms or transport later, we arrive at a secluded cabin right on the beach. I run about the place looking around. It wasn't a large cabin but had the necessities, perfect for Jongie and I. I flop on the giant king size bed and let my eyes rest for a bit. I stir only when I feel a dip in the bed. I open one eye suspiciously and give Jongie the spill the beans talk.

"Ok, ok but sit up first" he says and I obey. I lean against the head board and get comfortable. Jong is sitting cross legged in the middle of the bed looking rather nervous. He takes a deep breath.

 

"We have been together for a very long time. Through good times and bad. I know my life isn't easy most of the time but when I am with you; everything else fades away. There are so many reasons why I love you and not enough words to describe it accurately. So I hope what I am about to do can show you, just how much you mean to me" he gets onto the floor on one knee. OH MY GOD!

 

"Will you marry me?" he shakily pulls out a baby blue box from his pocket. Has that been there all night? Inside is a spectacular tiffany diamond. OMG OMG OMG! The man of my dreams has just proposed.

 

"Yes" I whisper. He flashes me the biggest smile I have ever seen. Jongie suddenly jumps onto the bed and places the ring on my finger. I give him a sweet and gentle kiss and hug him tightly. It all makes sense now. The visit, the island, the date over multiple locations.

 

"I love you so much. Even though our lives are hectic with our careers; I know that nothing will separate us" I smile.

 

"There is just one more thing" he says looking serious.

 

"What else could there be? This is incredible" I look at him stumped.

 

"Tag, you're it" he pokes me and scrambles out of the bed. Why that cheeky little.... I chase him all the way out of the cabin and into the ocean.