Final

Bad Day

First of all I want to say is my grammar is very very very poor. English is not my mother language. I'm really sorry if there is any grammatical error that i missed since I don't checked it for second time because i may puke *sorry*. By the way enjoy reading ^^

And by the way please aware that that there is some which Kyungsoo is 28 years old and Jongin is 19 years old. Not really important, but that’s my preference kkk okay sorry continue reading lovelies :)

Word: 2,723 words

 

 

 

 

 

 

The piercing sound of the alarm clock brought Jongin back from the dead of sleep. He started to wriggle and stretch within his cosy, warm, haven that is his bed.

As part of his body were gradually turning on, he realised today was his big day. He leaned over at the bulky black clock. He was ten minutes late. . Suddenly his body system were all on go, at this, Jongin pounced from his bed like a hunting puma. He flew open the tatty old wardrobe doors and chucked on some terribly out of fashion, checked clothes.

Hope Mr Park still waits for me. Jongin hopes. He is hopelessly 20 minutes late from his promises to Mr Park yesterday to be at his house 9am sharp before Mr Park went to vacation. He supposedly gets his pay check today.

My first pay check. He smiles while running the bus stop and hopped in to get to Mr Park’s house. It is his first pay check after a month working at a bookstore owns by Mr Park who kind enough to take Jongin, who is new to the city and just walked around to get a work. He was so lucky that right after he asked the owner of the bookstore, which is Mr Park, if there is any job in the store that he could do, and Mr Park eagerly hired him since he is in need of new worker. And there he was, working as a full time worker at the bookstore.

Back to present, Jongin hopped out of the bus as he arrived and run his life towards Mr Park’s house because I am already 35 minutes late! And when he arrived, there is no sign of an old car own by Mr Park and he is already feels like crying. Oh no. but he still knocked the door and pray that Mr Park is still there.

Knock knock.

“I’m coming!”

And that is totally not Mr Park voice.

“Oh Jongin! It’s nice to see you here. What’s up?” It’s Park Chanyeol. Mr Park’s son.

“Hi, hyung. I just look for Mr Park by the way. Is he here?” he bows politely towards the man.

“My dad just left the house. He already told you right about his vacation? That old man, he is too eager ‘bout his little vacation. So what brought you here to see my dad? Is it important? Wait, of course it is important that you have to come here. So, what is it?” Chanyeol rambles and Jongin just nods and frown, because no Mr Park, no pay checks.

“Oh it’s nothing. I just come to get my pay check today and I promised him to come here to get it, and I was late. Like, a half an hour late. So, yeah, overslept is .” He smiles sheepishly and scratches the back of his head.

“Yeah Jongin, it really .” Chanyeol just chuckles at Jongin’s act.

And Jongin was about to retreat back home and want to thank to Chanyeol before he was cut out.

“But worry not, my buddy. My dad left your pay check with me. Hahaha! Why don’t you come in while I get your pay check.” He welcomes Jongin in and left to get the pay check.

“Okay…” Jongin walks to the hall and waits for Chanyeol. Jongin are really well loved by Mr Park’s family even though he barely knows the family and just a part of Mr Park’s worker. Park Chanyeol was really fond of Jongin because you are handsome like me and you should be proud to be my brother. He really took care of Jongin really well and even takes Jongin to shopping because it’s brothers’ thing to do, Chanyeol said. But truthfully Jongin felt really comfortable around Chanyeol. Like brothers.

Kim Jongin has no brother, or siblings, or even parents because his parent died caused of fatal accident when he is on 11 years old. And he is the only child. He has no one else to calm him down when he got the news about his parents and was sent right away to orphanage after the funeral.

Every night he sleeps with tears because he missed his mother kisses and hugs, his father jokes and others things family do. He eventually grows up as a wise man and promised himself to be a good and kind person without burdening others. That is why he left the orphanage as he is old enough to take care of himself and take job to support himself.

Jongin feels someone taps his head and cuts his flashback and jumps a little.

“Daydreaming again, Jongin ah?”

“Ah no, hyung. Just thinking about something.”

“Got some problem, buddy? Like I said Jongin, share it with me. I don’t mind, really. Or do you have problems with your girlfriend? Come on Jongin, tell me. I know everything about girls.” Chanyeol winks at him while nudges his arm. This hyung really something, Jongin mumbles.

“No, hyung. Why on earth I have problems with my girlfriend if I don’t even have one to start with,” he chuckles. “But don’t worry hyung. I’m completely fine. And of course I will tell you first if I have problems, okay?”

“Okay, whatever you say, Jongin.” Chanyeol ruffles Jongins hair and pinches his cheeks. “Oh by the way, this is your pay check. Be careful and call me if you see someone suspicious follows you, alright?”

“Okay, hyung. Thank you.” He smiles and bows.

“Anything for my brother.”

 

 

Kim Jongin makes his way to nearby mall because he has one mission. One mission that makes him eagerly to take his first pay check. Which is to buy a new phone. His own phone because he had no phone before. Not even one. One of his friend once offer him his old phone to Jongin but he refused to take it because he believed that if he bought it from his own money, he will appreciates more. So that’s explain of why he works really hard.

Jongin smiles throughout his way to the shop and when he arrived, he smiles wider. He was greeted with a nice lady working there.

“Hello, gentleman. How may I help you?” The lady smiles to Jongin.

“Hi, I’m searching for a new phone. Can you help me by choosing one, please?”

“Of course, young boy. Come here and sit while I show you some model you would like. Do you have some preference to your phone, by the way?” The lady asks him while taking him to secluded are.

“Oh just decent model without fancy thing and affordable, nothing more.”

“Alright, here we go,” the lady starts show him some famous model and tells the details and all to Jongin.

 

 

After one and a half hour searching what kind of phone model that suitable and affordable to Jongin, he finally found one he likes. He happily takes and makes purchase for it.

“Thank you Mr Jongin for buying here and hope you like the one you choose and hopefully our service are good for you. Do come here again if you facing some problems with your phone and don’t forget to bring along the warranty, alright?”

“Alright, Miss. Thank you. I hope I’m not a troublesome. I will take a good care of this phone. Thank you again.” He waves to the lady and leaves happily.

On his way back to home, he takes out his brand new phone and randomly opens an app and goes back and open another app. He opens the camera apps, which is Candy Camera as the lady say it was popular these day, and he put it in front camera and tries all the filters. He smiles like an idiot while using all the filters, without looking where he was. He opens the gallery and looking back for the picture he took.  This seems cute, he says and set it as his wallpaper.

While he busying himself looking at his own picture, he didn’t see the uneven road and trips. While his phone, his brand new phone, was out of his grip, flying on the air before it hits the corner of concrete chair of the bus stop, bounces back to the road, and happened to have a rock, and it hit with a loud thump.

“No.” He said when the phone finally land. “Please, no. That’s not happening.” he says dramatically and rush took the phone. And when he took the phone and check the screen, he screamed. Like, really screaming. “No!!!” Jongin is in a burst of crying because his phone, now the screen is cracking.

“No! Don’t be like this to me!” His eyes watering with tears, and hold his cracking phone dearly, while screaming, “We just be together! Don’t die! Don’t leave me!”

“What am I doing wrong? I always am good to other people. I’m not burdening anyone. And I worked hard to get you. Now this is what you do to me? Not even an hour we’ve been together?!”

Jongin wails loudly without knowing that there is someone else at the bus stop. He saw the fatal moments of Jongin fell and the poor phone.

“Um, are you okay?” the man say. Not knowing what to do.

“I’m not okay. My baby just fell. And it’s in pain. Look!” Jongin sobbed and shows the damages to the man.

The man looks for the damages and it was really bad. The crack on the screen was like it was hit a hammer. The man looks at Jongin with a pity. And Jongin just hides his face on his knee and sobbed.

“Why am I so careless?” He sobbed. The man rubbed his back to calm him.

“Hey, it’s alright. It is just a crack. It can be fixed.”

“It can?” Jongin look from his knee to the man.

“Of course it can. Now why can you get up and let fixed this together. Okay?” The man smiles and Jongin’s heart pumped little quicker. Cute, Jongin mumbles.

“What?”

“Cut- Nothing! Just-- Are you sure this can be fixed?” He sobbed a little and asked the man shyly, after he’s back from his little tantrum.

“Of course! By the way my name is Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. So, is this a brand new phone? Because I saw that bag and I believe it new from the way you react.” The man, Kyungsoo asked Jongin while taking him to the chair nearby.

“Yes, I just bought it not even an hour ago,” Jongin tears started to wells, “And I just change the wallpaper.” And at this he started crying, again.

“Hey don’t cry. I told you this can be fixed, alright?” Kyungsoo rubbed Jongin’s arm to comfort him. “Now how about we go to the store that you bought this phone and I believed you have the warranty?” Kyungsoo say softly, as if he asked to loudly Jongin will cry again.

“Yes,” Jongin answered in between his sobs.

“Now can you walk or do you want me to give you a piggyback?” Kyungsoo sincerely asked and his hand didn’t stop holding Jongin’s hand. He himself didn’t even know why.

“I- I can walk!” And Jongin immediately gets up and blushes when he saw that Kyungsoo still holding his hand and slowly get out from his grip.

“You fell pretty badly. Tell me if you feel any pain?” the way Kyungsoo concerns about Jongin makes him feel nervous, in a good way.

“I-I’m fine. Really.” Jongin stuttered and brush the imaginary dust on his pant.

“Okay. Let’s go!” Kyungsoo chirped happily.

 

 

They walked their way back to the store quietly. Jongin suddenly felt ashamed from his act and sorry for Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo? I just…I’m sorry.” Jongin say without looking towards Kyungsoo.

“What for?”

“For witnessing that, me and my phone, and- oh my gosh-” Jongin suddenly remember that he was embarrassingly wailing in public. “Please tell me there’s no one else saw me except you?!”

“Well, fortunately it just me right there. I was on my way to work before I saw you giggling yourself and then bam, you fell.” He chuckles and Jongin blushed.

“I just excited from getting my first phone,” Jongin pouts.

“It’s okay, Jongin. I told you this can be fixed. Come on, tell me where the store at?”

They arrived to the store not less than three minutes later and Jongin notice the little smile Kyungsoo give to him when he just pointed to the store where he bought the phone.

“Why don’t you tell me earlier, Jongin? This is where I worked!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened a little.

“I… don’t know?” He smiles sheepishly while holding his paper bag tightly. God, his eyes is really beautiful. He was blinded with Kyungsoo beauty and almost forgot about his misery of his phone.

“Oh hello again, Mr Kim. Do you have problems with your phone? And good afternoon---“ She was cut by Kyungsoo.

“Okay, Irene. This boy is with me. And you may dismiss, thank you.” Kyungsoo immediately brings Jongin in without letting the lady, Irene, to speak anything.

“Okay…” Irene said and greets another customer who just came by.

Kyungsoo took Jongin to the corner and let him sit on one of the chair and took the broken phone from the paper bag.

“Wait here, I will be right back.” Before Kyungsoo make a move to fix the phone, Jongin grabbed his wrist.

“Kyungsoo, that lady said I need to show the warranty first if there is something wrong with this phone, here.” Jongin took out the warranty and gives it to Kyungsoo.

“No need Jongin, just stay here okay?” Jongin nodded and with that Kyungsoo leaves. Jongin spend the time with reading the warranty card and the manual book.

Five minutes later Kyungsoo came back with the phone. He smiles before tapping Jongin’s shoulder.

“Sorry for making you waits, but here your phone.” Kyungsoo handed Jongin the phone and he was utterly shocked.

“That was fast! How do you fix this? The screen is back!” Jongin was happy and boy, he’s so cute! Kyungsoo can help but smiling too while looking at Jongin’s cute act.

“Well, I don’t work here for nothing.” He smirked.

“Thank you, Kyungsoo! Thank you so much!” Jongin hold Kyungsoo hand just as a sign of grateful. But he really doesn’t want to let go.

“No problem, Jongin. It’s not a big deal.” Kyungsoo smiles back and with that Jongin let go of his hand and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Umm… okay then. So… it’s my cue to leave. Uhh… Thank you again, Kyungsoo.” Jongin grabs Kyungsoo hand again to give a proper handshake and when he’s about to let go, Kyungsoo hold it again, tightly.

“Jongin…”

“Y-Yes?” Jongin felt butterfly in his stomach when he feels the warm of Kyungsoo’s hand.

“Just… be careful, okay? And this is my card if anything happens.” Kyungsoo saw Irene shakes his head from the corner of his eyes.

“Okay…” And finally they let go and turn his back to leave and he’s about to bow at Irene when Kyungsoo called him again.

“Jongin…” Jongin turns back and saw Kyungsoo fidgeting.

“Yes, Kyungsoo?”

“Are you- Are you free tonight?” Kyungsoo finally asked.

“No.”

“Oh, alright then.” Kyungsoo clamps his hand together, and feels rejected.

“But I’m free tomorrow,” Jongin says immediately after he saw Kyungsoo smiles fall.

“Okay! So… do you want some coffee? Like… a date? Maybe?”

“Okay, I would love to.” Jongin smiles “See you tomorrow, then. At Byun Café, if you don’t mind?”

“It’s fine by me, Jongin.” Kyungsoo really can’t stop smiling and blushes.

“So, see you tomorrow then, Kyungsoo. Like a date.” Jongin waves to Kyungsoo with a shy smile. “See you tomorrow,” And he leaves.

 

Is this how love at first sight feels? Kyungsoo mumbles. I’m so in love. And Kyungsoo still can’t stop smiling the way Jongin’s eyes crinkled cutely when he smile and laugh and the warm of his hand still lingering even Jongin is out of his sight. Kyungsoo is so in love.

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you seriously gives him another new model phone?” Irene asked, with a crack phone on her hand.

“He deserves it and it worth it, Irene. Now shoo shoo, do your work!”

“Whatever you say, boss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay that’s it. I know it’s not that good and failed? It’s been long since I last write in aff. College is driving me crazy. Hehe. I wonder if anyone ever read my little nonsense rambles here? No? Nvm.

I’ll appreciate if you kindly leave a comment but if you don’t, I’ll still love you *give you a lot of kisses* ^^ Oh and please inform me if there is any grammatical error so I can work on being better. See you later~