1.

He Was Pretty

When people think of Lee Donghyuck, there isn’t necessarily a pretty picture that pops into their mind.

If you asked people who they would rather prefer, Lee Donghyuck or Na Jaemin, most would pick Jaemin.

But Donghyuck doesn’t care about physical appearances, he cares more about someone’s inner appearance. Beauty was going to fade anyways through time but personality was forever. He knew Jaemin was more attractive than him, and Jaemin probably knew that too but the both of them didn’t let something so materialistic get in the way of their friendship. Donghyuck wasn’t even interested in anyone other than his first love. So when an email from his first love came, the first thing Donghyuck did was scream.

Poor old Mrs.Jung accidentally dropped her precious vase, resulting in a very angry old Korean grandma and a lot of broken glass. “Lee Donghyuck I swear to the holy lord!” She shouted back.

His best friend Jaemin rushed out of Donghyuck’s room in panic, looking around frantically. “What’s going on?! Oh my god a burglary?! Are you in hurt?! WHAT THE DONGHYUCK YOU’RE JUST ON YOUR GODDAMN LAPTOP.”

As Jaemin stomped over angrily, Donghyuck looked up and gave him a sheepish grin. “I’m sorry! Don’t hurt me!”

“I swear to god if this weren’t your house and if I wasn’t your best friend you would’ve been dead by now.” Jaemin grumbles as he sits next to Donghyuck. “Why did you scream anyways? I seriously thought you were dying! Wait, don’t tell me, NCT has a comeback and Johnny’s finally debuting?!”

Donghyuck shook his head, his frizzy curls getting in his eyes. He swatted them away in annoyance. “Unfortunately not, SM is still being a little and there’s already been 10 units and Johnny still hasn’t debuted.”

“ those little s! I’m going to sue them.”

“I’m right with ya, but the reason why I screamed is because my first love and childhood friend emailed me!” Donghyuck fanboyed, looking as excited as he did when he was drooling over NCT. “Remember Lee Minhyung?”

Jaemin immediately frowned and crossed his arms. “You mean the ugly fat kid in who went to the same elementary school as us? The one who moved to Canada all those years ago?” He looked disappointed. “You got me excited for nothing.”

Donghyuck smacked Jaemin’s arm. “Shut up, that’s so rude of you!” He scolded. “He was my best friend and he was a very nice kid. I knew I should’ve taken my laptop to the store earlier.” He groaned. “Look at how many emails Minhyung sent me.”

“He sounds like a stalker.” Jaemin comments, unamused.

“Shut up he’s such a nice guy. Oh my god the latest one was sent only yesterday!” Donghyuck squeals and opens it. Despite his sullen attitude, Jaemin leans in in anticipation.

As the screen loads, Donghyuck squeals again much to Jaemin’s poor ears.

“Stop screaming and just read it.”

“Hey Donghyuck! Remember me, Lee Minhyung? The chubby kid that lived next door to you when we were younger? Sorry for all the spams, I was really excited to have finally got in contact with you. Man, it’s been a while. How are you? I moved back to Korea a month ago so I’d really like to meet you in person if you have time. Please reply back to me.”

“Holy what do I reply back?!” Donghyuck panicked. “Should I meet up with him?”

“Just reply back that you’d like to meet him and it was nice talking to you again, I don’t know. I’m hungry and I’m going to raid your fridge.” Jaemin stood up and walked away, leaving Donghyuck in his excitement.

“Okay, calm down Donghyuck! Okay okay..this is what you should reply…”

“Did ya type something back?” Jaemin asked as he came over with a bottle of coke.

Donghyuck frowned at his friend. “That’s unhealthy.”

Jaemin opened the lid and threw it at Donghyuck. “Okay mom. So tell me what you wrote, maybe you can finally get some action this year.”

Donghyuck ignored Jaemin’s last comment as he read his reply.

“Hey Minhyung! It’s been so long! I’m so glad to get in contact with you again. Wow I’m just so thrilled to talk to you again! Well not talk to you exactly haha but I’m so sorry for not replying earlier! I’m so glad you’re back in Korea! I thought I’d never see you again lol. When would you like to meet?”

“Eh, it’s decent but it’ll do.” Jaemin shrugged as he chugged the bottle of potential diabetes down.

“Ahh I’m getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about him! This is the best way to end summer break, I’m so happy.” Donghyuck swooened.

“Well at least you have something to look forward to. We’ll have to go back to school where we have to face all those and boys! And it’s in less than a week!” Jaemin moaned into a pillow.

“Oh come on, it’s not that bad.” Donghyuck mumbled.

“It is that bad. And it’s terribly boring, there’s no one at school who’s fun enough to play around with.” Jaemin pouted. “I think I’ve gone through every guy at school who’s cute enough.”

“That’s so superficial of you I don’t know why I’m even your friend.” Donghyuck rolled his eyes as he went back to refreshing his screen.

“Hey, you should stop refreshing your screen like some loser, I doubt he’ll reply back anytime soon.”

“AHHHH! HE REPLIED!” Donghyuck screamed as he opened his newest email.

“God I hate this kid already.” Jaemin grumbled as he ignored Donghyuck’s fangirling and proceeded to play on his phone.

“Wow I’m so glad you finally replied lol. How about we meet tomorrow at the pagoda in the old park near the art museum that we always played at at noon?”

Donghyuck proceeded to type out his reply quickly, to which Minhyung sent back just as fast.

“Great! Here’s my number, you can call or text me when you get there. Xxx-xxx-xxxx

I can’t wait to see you again, Donghyuck.”

Donghyuck proceeded to scream for a million years while Jaemin locked himself in Donghyuck’s bedroom and poor Mrs.Jung broke another vase.

 


“AH .” Mark groaned as he rubbed his leg in pain.

“What’s wrong?!” His friend Jeno asked.

“I think I broke my leg.” Mark sobbed.

“How did this even happen?” Jeno asked as he quickly dialed 119.

“I fell down the stairs..” Mark muttered in embarrassment.

“Why do you even—“ Jeno cut off his rant as he began to talk to the operator while Mark grimaced in pain.

“Okay they’re coming. But why and how did you even manage to fall down the stairs?” Jeno sighed. “You’re usually not this clumsy.”

Mark blushed. “I guess I got too excited.”

“Why?”

“Well you know that guy I was talking to you about? Lee Donghyuck, my childhood friend and first love? Well he finally replied and we’re going to finally meet each other after 6 years. I got really excited and I guess I just…fell.” Mark finished lamely.

Jeno held his face in his hands. “I’m going to go sit down.”

“Hey! I’m the one who needs to sit down and not be on the floor sprawled like some cover of a magazine.”

“Hey, what’s with the foul language so early in the morning?” Jaehyun, Jeno’s older brother laughed as he came in sauntering.

“It’s like 1 in the afternoon.” Jeno answered monotonously.

“Oh.” Jaehyun blinked as he poured himself a cup of water. “So why is Mark on the ground?”

“Can somebody just help me up?” Mark asked as he grit his teeth.

“Alright alright, Jeno come help me.”

Jeno sighed but proceeded to help his brother move Mark onto the couch.

“Mark’s on the ground because he’s finally going to meet his old crush again tomorrow in person and he got too excited.” Jeno rolled his eyes.

“Wow, that must be great kiddo.” Jaehyun smiled as he fluffed Mark’s hair affectionately.

“Well I guess I can’t now because I broke my goddamn leg.” Mark scowled.

“Hmm..why don’t you just send Jeno in your place?” Jaehyun said thoughtfully.

Jeno paled. “What?! Me?”

“Yeah why not? I remember Donghyuck being really pretty and cute, even the older kids had a crush on him. I still remember Youngho being a creep and trying to impress Donghyuck but the kid had an iron will and he only liked Mark. So you don’t have to worry about him being gross or ugly.” Jaehyun winked playfully at Mark.

“Yeah he was cute but I’m definitely not going to pass as Mark. We look as similar as you do Ten.”

“That’s true, I’m hotter.” Jaehyun nodded.

“God, just, I’m going to sit down.” Jeno sighed.

“As much as I hate to agree, but that doesn’t seem like a bad plan. I can’t go meet Donghyuck like this.” Mark frowned. “How about you just meet him for the mean time and tell me how he is?”

Jeno rubbed his eyes tiredly. “Fine, but you owe me.”

“Thanks man. I love you bro.” Mark said tearfully as he attempted to fake cry.

Jeno scowled in disgust. “Get away from me seagull brows.”

“Well now that my work is done I’m going to meet Doyoung. My baby’s been waiting for me for an hour…holy I’m late I forgot we had a date!” Jaehyun cursed as he proceeded to run back to his room and change.

“When is the ambulance even coming?” Mark whined.

“God I hate this house.” Jeno grumbled.

“Bye kids, don’t do anything illegal but I’ll let weed pass!” Jaehyun winked as he ran out the door.

“I don’t even know why Doyoung puts up with his flat .” Jeno muttered under his breath.

“Love is strange.” Mark sighed.

Jeno eyed Mark hypocritically. “It sure is.” He answered sarcastically.


okay wow that was bad but this was just an intro I promise the next chap will be longer, I hope lol.

 

ALSO I KNOW I MENTIONED THIS IN THE FOREWARD BUT HAVE YA'LL SEEN SWITCH??? IM SO GLAD SM MANAGED TO COME THROUGH AND PULL SWITCH OUT OF THE DEEP DARK DEPTHS OF THEIR AHDOUASDGAS ITS SO GOOD NCT LOOKS SO HAPPY AND INNOCENT JOHNNY AND HANSOL ARE ALIVE EVERYONE IS HAPPY JAEHYUN DIED IT WAS A MESS BUT AODHASDADSGA ITS SO GOOD IM SO HAPPY ITS SO LIT