Prince Chan and his Royal Guard

Chan Lucis Caelum Lee

"Dammit Chan. How could you forget about getting gas?" Jun grunted from the back of the Regalia. "It's not my fault the tank isn't big enough to get to hammerhead." Chan groaned from the driver's side. "Jun do us a favor and push this by yourself." Soonyoung angrily shouted. "You're dead of you let go Soonyoung." Jun retorted. "Come on switch with me Minghao." Soonyoung whined. "We just switched." Chan complained. "Your father Noctis insisted we take more fuel but nooo." Minghao rolled his eyes. "Eyes on the road Minghao." Jun yelled from the back.

"So are you excited to see your cousins Chan?" Soonyoung asked. "Of course! They're my mother's brother's kids after all. I still can't believe uncle Ravus found someone to love and have kids with though." Chan started to laugh. "Yeah speak for yourself." Minghao joked from the driver's seat. "Hey! I've been promised to one of the people in the Duscae region!" Chan argued. "Yeah? And why's that?" Jun asked. "Father wanted more chocobos in Insomnia. He said they're the best way to get around town if you want to explore." Chan shrugged. "Don't they cost about twenty five gil per person a day? That's not bad at all." Minghao did the math. "Yeah but father just loves those birds. He wants hundreds to himself."

"Look! We're finally in hammerhead!" Minghao excitedly pointed to the garage that Aunt Cindy owned. "Hey kids! Chan! Long time no see!" Cindy ruffled Chan's hair. "Hello to you too aunt Cindy. Where's Hansol and my cousins?" Chan asked. "Right here!" Hansol jumped onto Chan's back. "Crown Prince Chan Lucis Caelum Lee." Jihoon . "Hey Chan!" Seokmin patted the younger's shoulder. 

Soonyoung's jaw dropped as he saw Seokmin. "These are my friends," Chan gestured to the other three that were awkwardly standing. "Minghao Scientia Xu, Junhui Amicitia Wen and Soonyoung Argentum Kwon!" "Wow quite the royal guard you've got here." Jihoon snorted sarcastically. "Be nice Jihoon." Cindy patted his head. "I'll be fixing the Regalia if you need me." 

"Jihoon's a bit harsh." Mumbled Minghao. "Yeah. He takes after his father, Ravus. Seokmin spent a lot of time with my mom, that's why he's the opposite of his brother." Chan shrugged. "You'll get used to it." "I call dibs on Seokmin." Soonyoung shook himself out of his state of awe. The other three laughed. "You can have him." 

-

"Hey Chan?" Soonyoung called to the youngest when they were alone. "What's up?" "You've met your fiancée before haven't you?" The older had a strange mood. Soonyoung was like his father, always happy and making others laugh. "Like how I spent a minute or two with Seokmin in the fields when he visited Insomnia?" "Yeah, she was taking care of a wounded chocobo the day I stumbled across one of the many chocobo chicks. I was so fascinated with them that I took those chicks into my arms and walked tall with them around the field. Eventually I bumped into her and she thought it was cute." Chan lightly laughed. "Don't worry. I'm not marrying some stranger. And this isn't the same situation as you and my cousin." "Oh sure we aren't arranged to marry, but for sure he'll be mine." Soonyoung's strange atmosphere disappeared and he was back to his old self. "He's yours alright." Chan chuckled. "What was that?" "Nothing."

"So Jun, Minghao, how's Insomnia?" Hansol asked while cleaning the Regalia. "It's beautiful now that King Noctis fixed everything!" Minghao grinned. "You act like you can't visit." Jun furrowed his brows as Soonyoung walked in, wondering where he and Chan had gone. "I could, but mom might need a strong man like me around." Hansol jokingly flexed. "Very funny Hansol." Cindy laughed. "All you do around the garage is break into song." The three of the royal guard and Chan quietly laughed. "Okay mom, you don't have to tell them the truth!" Hansol complained. "I just don't have a way to get there." He admitted. "Why don't you come with us then?" Soonyoung offered. "About that..." Hansol ruffled his hair. "Won't it be crowded? I don't have a car either." "I can fix that son." Cindy fixed her son's hair. "What? Really mom?" Hansol's eyes lit up. "You can drive and take Jihoon and Seokmin with you." She nodded. Hansol's smile faltered. "Do I have to take Jihoon? He's always nagging." "Hey!" Jihoon glared at Hansol. "He can ride with us while Soonyoung will stay in your car, right Soonyoung?" Jun offered while nudging the said male. Soonyoung sat up at the mention of Seokmin and himself being in the same car. "I have no problem with that!" Soonyoung pipped up. Chan saw Seokmin blush in the corner of his eye. "So it's settled!" Cindy clapped her hands together. "You'll all adventure together." "Adventure?" Jihoon furrowed his brows. Jun and Minghao nodded while Soonyoung was still off in his thoughts of spending time with Seokmin. 

"I only need a couple parts for the car, mind hunting for them?" Cindy guided her attention to Chan. "Hunting!!!" Soonyoung cheered. "Y'all be careful out there." She patted her son's head as the boys got ready to leave. "Let's head to the diner first." Minghao suggested. "We'll need plenty of elixirs, potions and most important of all phoenix downs." He looked over at Soonyoung. "Hey!" Soonyoung put his hands up in defense. "I know exactly what I'm doing!" "I'm sure you do." Minghao nodded his head and walked into the convenience store to buy the said items. 

-

Happy birthday to me! Here's the first chapter (: