Baekhyun @ Arcade

The After School Club

 

“And… what exactly is going on here?” Eunji asked with a raised brow as her eyes scanned classroom 3003. She stood at the doorway and took in the sight before her. Streamers hung from the ceiling and the desks that had been arranged neatly into rows were now scattered and grouped together into various stations. Located at each station was a handmade poster, and a variety of equipment that ranged from plastic guns to video game consoles had been set up.

 

“Eunji! Glad you’re here. Come help me!” Baekhyun emerged from a pile of streamers on the ground. “This one’s been of no use.”

 

“Baek, what do you mean?” Chanyeol exclaimed, clearly hurt.

 

“The only thing you’re good at is being tall,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “And you couldn’t even hang up the streamers.”

 

“At least I wasn’t the one who rolled around in them on the ground. Seriously, Baek you can be such a kid at times. It worries me,” Chanyeol sighed.

 

“This coming from the one who still doesn’t know how to dress themselves in the morning,” Baekhyun spat.

 

“I told you! Stores never have my size!” Chanyeol yelled.

 

“Then explain how Kris-hyung, who’s taller than you, manages to come in dressed properly,” Kai pointed out. Kai, Sehun and Tao emerged behind Eunji.

 

“Because Kris-hyung is from China. They have everything in China,” Chanyeol said in a matter-of-fact tone, to which Kai slapped his forehead. Sehun was trying to hold back a giggle and Tao looked at Chanyeol and wondered how someone older than him could be so ignorant.

 

“How come you left so early?” Tao asked Eunji when he realized she was in the room as well. “We do have music class together.”

 

“It’s probably because she doesn’t want to be around someone who pulls at someone’s hair when they can’t get a joke,” Kai scoffed as he ran his hand through the spot that Tao had tugged at last night’s karaoke event.

 

“Umm, so what do you need me to help you with?” Eunji asked Baekhyun, ignoring Kai and Tao’s bickering behind her. A week hadn’t even passed since she had joined the club, and already she had gotten used to Kai and Tao’s daily arguments that she didn’t even bother with them at times. She still thought they were smoking hot, but sometimes their personalities turned her off.

 

Except Sehun. She hadn’t heard Sehun utter a word to her, so she was never annoyed by him.

 

“Ah yes! If you could just decorate the rims of the desks with these streamers, everything will be ready!” Baekhyun said with excitement.

 

“Sure. And umm, if I may ask… what is all this? Is there a party happening or something?” Eunji asked, still confused as to what was happening.

 

As if on cue, Minseok emerged from behind the crowd. “Let me explain,” the senior started. He adjusted the position of his glasses and stepped to the centre of the classroom. “Once a week, a club member is volun-told by Suho to prepare an event for the club. This week is Baekhyun’s turn. The event can be anything, but the price of the event must be paid by the one hosting it. At the end of each term, whoever held the best event, as determined by Suho, receives a mystery prize.”

 

Eunji nodded her head as she took in the information. She carefully hung the streamers from one end of a desk to another, adding in spirals. “Wow, see how Eunji does it? You could really learn from her, Chan,” Baekhyun commented. Not even bothering to reply, Chanyeol simply sighed and rolled his eyes.

 

“What is the prize?” Eunji asked.

 

Suho suddenly entered the room and smiled at everyone. “That’s a secret,” he said. “But I can tell you that I’ll be giving the winner three options, and they have to choose one.”

 

“Will it be a yacht?” Baekhyun wondered aloud.

 

“Or a personal library?” Minseok grinned to himself shyly.

 

“My own line of clothing for tall people?” Chanyeol sighed as he began day-dreaming.

 

Suho laughed at Chanyeol’s suggestion, then focused his attention to Baekhyun’s set-up. “So, what have you prepared for us today, Baekhyun?” Suho asked with curiosity. “It all looks very impressive! You must have come into the club room extremely early. I’m so proud.”

 

“Ah about that,” Baekhyun started. “I skipped English at the end of the day because Kris-hyung said he would meet me here and teach me English.”

 

“So you skipped a class to study for the same class?” Minseok asked, skeptically. Baekhyun hummed a yes in response, to which Minseok followed up with, “And how did that work out?”

 

“Complete blunder. Kris-hyung said he had something to do at the last second and never showed up. Since he wasn’t going to show up and I had already decided not to attend class I decided to get a head start on setting up,” Baekhyun replied.

 

“And you aren’t upset or anything?” Eunji asked. Baekhyun shook his head in response while he the pair of Mintendo DS consoles and calibrated their touch screens.

 

“Chan said he would take notes for me,” Baekhyun replied nonchalantly as he looked over to Chanyeol. When the taller student nodded his head and gave two thumbs up, Baekhyun’s smile widened. “See? I got all my bases covered. Now, let me explain how my event works!”

 

“After attendance,” Suho added.

 

“After attendance,” Baekhyun repeated and pursed his lips.

 

Suho did a quick scan of the room before confiding in his, as he would call it, trusty clipboard. “Eunji, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun, Tao, Minseok, and oh good timing guys! Jongdae and Kyungsoo are here too.” Suho wrote a small checkmark next to each of the names of the members who were present.

 

“Are Kris-hyung, Luhan-hyung, and Yixing not coming?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Kris told me he had something to do after class and wouldn’t be able to come. As for Yixing and Luhan, I haven’t been able to get in touch with them so I’m assuming they’re not coming,” Suho answered.

 

“Luhan-hyung’s on a date right now,” Tao chimed in. “He just posted a picture of him and his date on Instagrain. He could do so much better in my opinion though,” he added as he “liked” the picture.

 

“Yixing’s probably asleep,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Or he’s in the music room,” Baekhyun added.

 

“Or he’s asleep in the music room,” Jongdae suggested with a grin.

 

“What’s the attendance for?” Eunji asked.

 

“It’s really just for my own records,” Suho replied. “However, the higher someone’s attendance, the more brownie points they receive from me when I make my decision at the end of the term.”

 

Baekhyun clapped his hands to get everyone’s attention. “Good, now that attendance is over, I’ll explain my event! Welcome to Baekhyun’s arcade! I’ve set up a variety of board games, toys and video games at each station. Every time you win a game at a station, I record a point on the chalkboard under your name. Whoever has the highest amount of points at the end wins the event!

 

Now for the rules, all you have to do is play fair and play each game. It doesn’t matter who you play with, but remember that you can only play each game once and that you must play every game. Whoever wins will receive one of my favourite Pokemon cards, Shiny Dialga!”

 

“I’m surprised you didn’t do something related to pranks,” Jongdae said once Baekhyun finished his speech.

 

“Well there’s something I like better than pranks; video games!” Baekhyun exclaimed with a fiery passion in his eyes. “Just so you know, I’ll be joining the competition too.”

 

“Wha- that’s not fair!” Tao whined. “You just said how much you like video games! You’re gonna beat all of us.”

 

“Well I never said I couldn’t win my own card,” Baekhyun smirked. “Now, let the games begin!”

 

.::.           .::.           .::.

 

“NOOOO!!!!! MY SHINY DIALGA!” Baekhyun cried as he tried grabbing the rare card from Eunji’s grasp.

 

“Too bad you bumped into that cow in that last level of Mario Kart,” Eunji said through a smile as she stood on a chair and lifted the card higher in the air. “Because of that, I won the race. Long live Princess Peach!”

 

“Blackjack, Mario Kart, 007, Cowboy Showdown, League of Legends, even Rock Paper Scissors! How could you have beaten me all at them?” Baekhyun pouted.

 

“Do not underestimate the powers of the one who has been cursed with several male cousins. If you want to stay on top, you gotta learn to beat them at their own game,” Eunji winked and stood on her tippy toes to lift the card even higher in the air. “I think Shiny Dialga will make a nice addition to my collection of Yu-Gi-Oh cards.”

 

“WHAT? NOOO! YU-GI-OH AND POKEMON ARE TWO DIFFERENT TRADING CARD GAMES!” Baekhyun gasped, nearly fainting.

 

Chanyeol stood next to his best friend, rubbing his back to try and calm him down. Jongdae was rolling on the ground, laughing until his voice disappeared, while Suho and Minseok stood at the sides trying to hold back their laughter. Kai added something about how even he managed to beat Baekhyun at Mario Kart, and that the self-proclaimed “King of Games” should be abdicated. Kyungsoo filmed Baekhyun’s reaction on his phone, all the while laughing. For some reason, Eunji noticed that Kyungsoo enjoyed seeing Baekhyun (and also Chanyeol) suffer.

 

Sehun remained silent and took no interest in the fight between Eunji and Baekhyun. Instead, he worked on a drawing of Dialga on the blackboard. Once he was done, he tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder and said, “Hyung. Dialga is here too.”

 

Baekhyun stopped jumping and looked at the picture Sehun had drawn on the blackboard. It wasn’t the best picture of Dialga, but his dongsaeng had drawn it for him and he acknowledged Sehun’s efforts. “Thanks, it’s even better than the card because it’s like, a hundred times bigger.”

 

“Because the bigger, the better. Remember that, kids,” Jongdae snickered.

 

Chanyeol took a picture of Baekhyun standing next to Sehun’s drawing, and immediately uploaded it onto FaceNovel and Instagrain. It received a tremendous amount of “likes”, causing Baekhyun’s smile to widen even more.

 

“I’m just that popular,” Baekhyun boasted and pretended to flip his hair.

 

“But Chanyeol uploaded it. The number of likes that photo got is a reflection of Chanyeol’s popularity, not yours, hyung,” Tao said.

 

“Oou, shots fired!” Jongdae yelled while snapping his fingers.

 

.::.           .::.           .::.

 

- Eunji is active on FaceNovel Messenger -

 

Sehun: Hey, Eunji it’s Sehun. Good evening

Eunji: Hey Sehun! Good evening to you too :) I didn’t know you drew so well

Sehun: Stop joking, lol

Eunji: Better than anything I could draw XD

Sehun: I think you should return hyung’s Pokemon card. He seemed really upset about it :(

Eunji: Already did! I stayed behind to help clean and I gave it back to Baekhyun before I left. He didn’t want to take it at first, saying something about his manly pride or whatnot but when I threatened to put it with my deck of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, he quickly snatched it away from me lol

Sehun: Thanks :D

Sehun: For everything, I mean. The card and the cleaning. Sorry if I don’t speak that much, I don’t really talk in general lol

Eunji: Hey, we’re talking here, right? That’s all that matters :P K I’m gonna do some homework, so I’ll ttyl. Night!

Sehun: See you in class tomorrow!

 

- Seen by Sehun -

 

Eunji sighed as she started at her computer screen in her comfy bed. She re-read the conversation over and over again, sighing each time. ‘Sehun, that Sehun initiated a conversation with me! Omo I hope I didn’t come off as too naggy or flirty or anything. Also I don’t get why he thanked me for staying after class… I mean, I only stayed because it was only me, Baekhyun and Chanyeol in the room, and I mean who wouldn’t want to be alone with the two of them? Chanyeol’s hot as fire, if only he dressed nicer… and Baekhyun’s just too cute!’

 

Eunji snapped back to reality once she realized she had been drooling. She made a mental note not to think about too many of the club members at once. Especially not in public. Instead of thinking about all three of them, she decided to focus on just one.

 

Indeed, Sehun did not annoy her.

 

.::.           .::.           .::.

 

Meanwhile, in the Wu household a lone figure was studying the night away at his desk.

 

“After Sofie had finished her work, she went to lunch,” Kris repeated an exercise from his old English textbook to himself. “Identify the components of the past perfect tense. Well, let me tell you something, Sofie,” he began talking to himself. “Wu Kris is not to be taken lightly. I can see through you and your sentence structure! First, she finished her work then she went to eat lunch which means she had to finish her work first!”

 

Kris fist-pumped the air in victory when he checked the back of the textbook and verified that his answer was correct. “Now whatever questions Baekhyun has for me, I’ll be able to answer them all!”

 


 

A/N: Hello my beautiful little butterflies, I hope you're all having a very merry Christmas. My life's been kind of in a slump lately, but writing always manages to bring a smile on my face. If my updates manage to bring a smile on your face, then I am satisfied :)

\\ xoxo