Keep On

sound out - drabble collection

Minkyung wouldn’t fight back if Yebin chose to yell at her. She wouldn’t get upset if the younger girl cursed at her or called her a , if anything she’d prefer that. That would be better than Yebin taking her back all the time.

Minkyung knows that Yebin deserves better. She knows that Yebin is kind and sweet, and acts much tougher than she actually is. She knows Yebin tries to wait up for her, but mostly ends up falling asleep on the couch because she’s been waiting for so long. She knows all of that, but she still can’t let her go.

Minkyung doesn’t tell Yebin where she goes, most of the time she just smiles and leaves. It used to upset Yebin, but she’s grown used to it. It hurts Yebin that she’s also gotten used to the perfume Minkyung often smells like when she climbs into bed with her early in the morning. Minkyung used to smell like roses. Now she smells like citrus and Yebin pretends she doesn’t know why.

Minkyung’s staring up at the ceiling from Kyungwon’s bed. The blonde’s asleep and that’s normally Minkyung’s cue to leave. This isn’t a serious thing for either of them, but it happens so often, as if it’s out of habit. She’s not sure why she started in the first place, not when she has Yebin anyways.

Kyungwon doesn’t know about Yebin. Minkyung’s sure that if Kyungwon knew, this whole thing wouldn’t even be a thing. Yebin on the other hand, Minkyung knows that she knows. Minkyung wishes she would say something about it.

Minkyung knows she isn’t the best girlfriend that she could be. She knows that she isn’t doing the things she should’ve been, yet here she is doing all the things she shouldn’t have been doing. Every time she goes back, Yebin’s there. Yebin always takes her back.

-

a/n: no one commented with minkyebin but it's my first time writing angst (kind of angsty at least. maybe. alksjdf) and it just seemed to fit them (ft. kyungwon). title and inspiration is keep on by kehlani ! thanks for the comments and for reading :)