Finale.

Not His Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  This would be the first, the first time and the last chance to dance with the prince. Sooyoung smiled bitterly, this was the punishment for being too involved in the story. She knew, she was perfectly aware that she was just a side character and her role was to help Cinderella and finish the story so she could go back to her own world. But no, she got herself tangled with the prince and now, she's in a deep mess.

 

  "Come to the ball and dance with me." Taehyung, the prince said one afternoon they were sitting across each other reading some book in his private library.

 

Sooyoung's heart leaped, her insides performed a somersault. She wanted to go, she wanted to dance with him. Also, she had never gone to a ball in the real world.

 

The real world. The thought suddenly brought her back to reality, to her real purpose inside the story.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't." She said shaking her head andsitting upright.

 

"Uh-huh, is that an outright refusal of my offer? The prince?" Taehyung inquired with his now all too familiar haughty bluff. Sooyoung bit the inside of her cheek thinking of a good excuse. Goodness, he's making it harder for her.

 

"I-I'm just a palace servant and-" A scoff made Sooyoung halt in her hastily stringed speech. She looked up and caught Taehyung staring at her with his one eyebrow arched upwards.

 

"Anyone with invitation can go. And I, Taehyung, the prince, am personally inviting you. I believe that is enough, is it not?"

 

The music wafted in the air as the opening ball started. Sooyoung shook her head, suddenly being pulled out of her trance. She needed to find the prince and do the deed before Cinderella arrived. Clutching her peach colored ball gown, Sooyoung circled and surveyed the ball room for any sign of the step-sisters and the their mother.

 

"Thank God, they're still not here." She breathed and started walking to the entrance.

 

The ballroom was starting to become even more crowded as more guests arrived. Sooyoung glanced at the empty throne seats, it looked like they weren't gonna be announced soon. She hurried her steps out and entered a small servant's passageway.

 

Woah, it felt cramped inside now that she was wearing a gown. But that didn't matter for she had her own goal. After a few twists and turns, she finally arrived at her destination.

 

"Goodness heaven! What are you doing here?" The surprised question came as soon as Sooyoung got out of the passageway.

 

  "I don't think I can wait for another round of dance and a trumpet to have a dance with you." Sooyoung lied smoothly.

 

Taehyung gave her a lopsided grin and walked over to her. It took an ample amount of effort not to break into tears when she saw him do that. Her heart constricted, a tight knot forming in her stomach.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter