Final

Not So Smooth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongdae noona, can you please stop crying and tell me what’s wrong?” Kim Jongin sighed, leaning outside the toilet stall that his older sister was in.

Suave, smooth talking, seventeen years old, Mr Junior Popular Guy of Shinhwa High, Kim Jongin could have been at many places after school. He could be ravishing fried chicken at the local diner, running on the race track, beating his record time as his coach and  track teammates would be timing and encouraging him- followed by the screams of his many fangirls (and fanboys), walking by his locker where his best friend Lee Taemin would crack jokes about the endless love letters overfilling his locker or in the dance studio, creating the latest choreography for an upcoming dance recital with his other best friend, Oh Sehun and the dance team captain Kim Minseok.

But, today, his manly self was forced to enter the girls’ bathroom after finding out from some upperclassmen that his sister, Kim Jongdae, was crying in the toilets. It had been 15 minutes and yet, there was no reply from his sibling; it was bad enough that he was giving constrained smiles to the shocked girls that walked into the bathroom, some purposely barging in just to see “their favourite oppa” comfort his sister.

How sweet.

 

Suddenly, the door opened and he was getting to groan at whoever walked in.

“Seriously, go away before I-Oh, it’s only you, Sookyung noona," He stopped complaining when he saw entered.

“Last time I checked, this is the girls’ bathroom. Seems like you’d really fit the smart ert role, you turd.” Sookyung retorted, narrowing her wide eyes at him.

Do Sookyung was Jongdae’s best friend since diaper days and you could always count on her to make Jongin’s life a misery, alongside his sister. She looks sweet and innocent on the outside, but truthfully, she’s the scariest girl he’s ever met. This whole cute appearance thing makes it worse because he never expects it. One time, he accidentally blabbed to senior and fellow runner, Park Chanyeol that Sookyung took a liking to him and next thing you know, in the school canteen and in front of him and the entire school, she kneed him in the balls and threatened to slice his off. It didn’t help since Jongdae caught the whole thing on camera, cackling like a maniac. What made it worse was that Chanyeol thought the girl was amazingly cute with her quiet, babyish looks and the angry side of the Devil’s child was a massive turn on; a week later, they made it exclusive and the Kim siblings found the joy of seeing them make out heavily in the field before Jongin’s after school track meet and Jongdae’s cheerleading practice.

“Jongdae, please explain what happened? You ran away before we showed up and Chanyeol said he doesn’t know either what someone has done to make you upset.” Sookyung knocked on the door, looking concerned for her best friend.

“I just can’t believe he- I mean it’s bad enough I have a guy’s name since our parents thought I was going to be boy and yes, I can be of a troll but I thought he liked that- Why?!” He heard his sister ramble on, occasionally sniffing in-between her incoherent sentences.

Jongin resisted the urge to roll his eyes at Jongdae’s actions since his sister has always been there for him, no matter how many times she pulls the “older sibling privileges” card.

“Noona, please come out and tell your darling brother what happened so he can kick whoever made you cry,” Jongin pleaded, having enough of hearing Jongdae blowing her nose.

“Hush you fool, you are only here since you don’t want to deal with the sheer secondhand embarrassment of facing -on-legs dancer dude-“

“Noona! Shut up-“Jongin whined, stamping his foot on the ground and crossing his arms.

 He didn’t care if he was acting like a child. He was already annoyed that someone made Jongdae cry and it wasn’t him (for once) and that he was missing dance practice because that one-

“Jongdae, open the ing door or I’m going to kick it off its hinges. Don’t be surprised if splinters ruin your nails.” Sookyung interrupted his inner tantrum as she lowered her voice dangerously, rolling her ankles as if she was ready to kick the offending object with her boots. The lock clicked and the door was ajar. It wasn’t surprising since Sookyung would actually kick the stall door.

 Good luck explaining that to Shinhwa High’s Headmaster.

 

Out came Jongdae, her eyes were swollen; nose and cheeks blushed a crimson red from her gargantuan amounts of crying. Jongin feel a pang in his chest, seeing his fiercely sassy sister crumble to into a hot mess, which was supposed to Jongin’s role for reasons that will not be unveiled. Yet.

Jongin should thank his elder since some of his popularity came from her since she was a year older than him. She had the desirable cheekbones that seemed like Michelangelo, himself, carved, the feline- like eyes that enticed the boys, from every year and fun personality that made her likeable to everyone. Even though, he was blessed with his sun-kissed skin and plump lips, he was also very eloquent - part of the Kim family package which really boosted his popularity and furthermore, he was just part of that social group with his equally good looking friends- she really helped him survive freshman year when she entered sophomore year, making sure no one messed with him, despite many older students ignoring their youngers.

 He sometimes wished he didn’t know her, especially when he gets the creepy guys asking him for his sister’s number, that’s the part where he tells them to off or Sookyung will slice their off. To him, it just can’t be helped if your sister is Kim Jongdae, singing star prodigy and the school’s sweetheart, even if her pranks get too out of hand; you should feel blessed if she dumps green goo on you or accidentally swaps your History presentation on The Black Plague for a stolen video of you dancing to SNSD’s “Gee” Not that Jongin has ever had to experience it.

Ever.

“Oh Jongdae, what happened?” Sookyung hugged her tightly as she wiped Jongdae’s tears from her cheeks.

Jongdae looked at her best friend and brother, tucked her chestnut hair behind her ears and took in breath before opening :

“Two words: Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“Jongin, come back here!” Jongdae ran after him, weaving in and out of the corridors to catch up with him.

“I’m gonna kill that pleather pants pleb! I’d like to see him sass himself out of this situation while I use his choker to choke the pathetic life out of his system.” Jongin fumed, furiously running towards the dark- haired boy in the distance.

He saw Baekhyun laughing with Chanyeol and Sehun as they seemed ready to go home from their respective clubs. Jongin couldn’t believe the cheek of the senior, having the audacity of laughing with his friends after playing with his sister's feelings.

Byun Baekhyun was Kim Jongdae’s crush since he joined the school last year during their junior year/ Jongin and Sehun’s sophomore year. She noticed him being in three out of her five classes and she really fell hard when they were partnered for a musical composition assignment in their Music class. Apart from being totally easy on the eyes and having a great swimmer’s body (she may have been checking him out during the regional school competitions), he was incredibly witty, funny and has a voice that could she could make love to as Jongdae puts it- Jongin just finds it totally disgusting, knowing his sister wants to have with that loud- mouthed diva who kept calling him Kkamjong to which his friends still take the piss out of him for; Jongdae then, shuts him down with him wanting to make babies with black- haired guy.  Clearly, they had no boundaries when it came to telling each other about their love lives.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, you absolute prick!” Jongin shoved the unsuspecting elder, getting ready to punch the out of him.

“What did I do?” Baekhyun asked, confused to why his junior just pushed him aside, mid-way a gaming conversation with the taller two. Chanyeol and Sehun looked just as confused, looking at each other for an answer before shrugging.

“Kim Jongin, I told you to get your flat back here!” Jongin heard Jongdae catch up with him and she looked at him with rage in her eyes as she tried to get her breath back. She punched him in the shoulder as she scolded him.

“Krisus, can’t you ever stop running so fast, do you think this is a blooming track race? I don’t want you to cause a scene- ” She froze as soon as her eyes laid upon Baekhyun. She really wanted to curl up into a hole, away from everyone and their parents.

“Jongdae? You’re still here? Chanyeol said you ran off somewhere,” Baekhyun inquired, scratching his head trying to fight the blush creeping onto his cheeks as they both longingly stared at each other.

“Well, obviously she would run away since you were the cause- Sehun put his hand over his best friend’s mouth, pointedly looking at his sister. He was used to his friend not understanding the concept of “in their own world”.

“I was?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened, his face fell as hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter