Bad InFLUences (More Like Great InFLUences)

Family is Not Just Blood (A Chanbaek Family Drabble Book)

A/N:

This is almost an hour late… I did not expect the ending to be that… Enjoy..?

 

Ages:

Chanyeol: 33

Baekhyun: 34

Yifan: 9

Yixing: 8

Jongdae: 7

Minsoon: 4

 

~

 

To say that the last few days for Byun Baekhyun were awful would be a complete, utter understatement. He felt as though a semi truck driving 100 kilometers an hour rammed into his body a thousand, if not more, times. Not to mention the intense and persistent fever, fatigue, and cough that accompanied his person. To put it short, he had been inflicted with a disastrous illness: the flu.

 

It was the flu season AKA everyone’s favorite time of the year (note: sarcasm). Ironically, Baekhyun was extremely cautious during this period and regularly took the time in his days to protect his family and himself from this ailment. He repeatedly pestered his husband and children into washing their hands before and after a meal, carrying a small package of tissues where ever they went, and to refrain themselves from having contact with sick individuals. He underwent this extensive precaution in order to avoid ill children. Don’t get him wrong, he loves his children to death (He chose to adopt them after all with Chanyeol), yet he does not want to see his kids suffer from the symptoms of various illnesses. (Also, he hated becoming sick as well). Don’t even mention dealing with a sick Chanyeol.

 

Which is why he was continuously trying to convince himself (and others) that he was not sick. In fact, it was just allergies… in winter. Or a mild headache caused by the constant stress and writer’s block that was associated with his occupation. Maybe even a result of sleeping in the wrong position at night. Even going as far as blaming his beloved king size bed he shared with his husband. However, his excuses could not convince said husband.

 

(“Chanyeol I’m completely fine.”

 

“No, you’re not.”

 

“You’re just exaggerating. It’s just a slight migraine.”

 

“I’m no doctor but I’m pretty sure a migraine doesn’t result in fevers and coughs.”

 

“Chan-”

 

“Admit it Baek, you’re sick!”

 

“No!”

 

“Just take the damn medicine!”

 

“I’m not sick and I won’t take the medicine!”

 

“I’ll call Kyungsoo!”

 

“You wouldn’t!”

 

“Oh, I will!”)

 

Due to Baekhyun’s stubborn attitude, Chanyeol decided to team up with their children in order to nurse their poor papa back to health. In the past few days, Yixing, Yifan, and Jongdae had noticed a slight (more like drastic) change in their papa. Even Minsoon noticed something was off with her favorite person in the world (Don’t tell her brothers and dad) and she was four. Four.

 

Boy, does Baekhyun have a weekend ahead of him.

 

~

 

The first thing Baekhyun noticed when he woke up was his difficulty breathing and his pounding headache. He let out a slight groan as he turned to his side. I’m not sick. I’m not sick. I’m not sick, he chanted in his mind. At least I don’t have a fever…  I think…

 

He mindlessly reached for his phone on his nightstand. Once the cool surface touched his fingertips, Baekhyun pulled the phone close to him. Just before he switched the phone on, Baekhyun took a glimpse at his reflection on the black screen. It took a lot of willpower to not cringe. His eyes trained to his bed-head, slightly wincing at the strands of hair that seemed to have a mind of its own. In addition to that, Baekhyun could visibly see a trail of dried drool starting from the corner of his mouth to his chin. To make matters more dire, his eyes were crusty from sleep and his nostrils had a ring of dried snot around the entrance. At least my appearance matches my mood at the moment.

 

After a few seconds, Baekhyun turned his phone on to check the time. (There was no clock in the bedroom for reasons unknown). It read: Saturday, 9:22. He groaned again. Baekhyun had to meet Junmyeon in an hour for professional reasons. He wanted to go back to sleep and cuddle against his husband. Speaking of said husband, Chanyeol was nowhere in sight, if the cold bed told anything. Chanyeol normally held Baekhyun in his sleep until he woke up. The thought made him slightly pout. Baekhyun was feeling awful and there was no one available to make him feel better. (He was not sick! He was just a bit under the weather). Then again, he could sneak into the room of one of his four kids and cuddle them for a while. Yet, Baekhyun doesn't want them to suffer as well, he loves them too much. Maybe… I can sleep for a few more minutes… Five at most… He thought as he began to close his eyes.

 

Suddenly, the door slowly creaked open, revealing a certain four-year old in what appears to be a surgical mask and gloves? “Papa?” Footsteps soon followed until Baekhyun felt a slight tap on his cheek. “Papa?”

 

“Hmm?” Baekhyun sleepily hummed. He slowly opened his eyes to find his youngest child, Minsoon, extremely close to his face.

 

Minsoon backed up a few inches. She straightened her back and cleared . “Daddy said to watch you.” She then leaned in a bit to whisper, “He don’t trust oppas…”

 

Baekhyun slightly smiled. Wait a minute, he paused, why would he sent Minsoon to… Oh… OH…

 

Before Baekhyun could confirm his suspicion, a knock from the open door took his chance. “I see you’re awake.” He turned to glare at the voice. At the door, was his husband wearing an apron that read ‘Kiss the cook’ leaning against the door frame. Behind him, Baekhyun could see their three sons holding a tray of soup and orange juice.

 

Baekhyun slowly sat up and leaned against the bedframe. “I’m not- ahem- I’m not sick, Chanyeol. For one last time.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head and strode over to the bed. Their sons slowly followed Chanyeol into the room, clearly being aware of the precious cargo they were transporting. Seeing their struggle, Minsoon waddled to aid her brothers.

 

“You are. Don’t argue with me and just let me take care of you.” Chanyeol declared. “Don’t worry about your meeting with Jun. I just texted him.” By the, the kids settled the tray of precious cargo on the foot of the bed and climbed in to join their papa. As each child cuddled into Baekhyun, Yifan and Jongdae were on his right while Yixing and Minsoon were on his left, Chanyeol lifted the bowl of soup from the tray and began to spoon-feed his sick husband. As the spoon inched closer and closer to his mouth, Baekhyun reluctantly allowed Chanyeol to baby him.

 

This continued until the soup and orange juice disappeared into Baekhyun’s stomach. Afterwards, Chanyeol placed the dishes out of the way, and attempted to join his family on the bed. It was cramped with Chanyeol’s figure squishing Yifan and Jongdae (which in turn affected Baekhyun, Yixing, and Minsoon), yet no one had the voice to complain. It felt oddly comforting, especially for Baekhyun.

 

After a few moments of silence, Chanyeol blurted, “Will you admit that you’re sick?”

 

Baekhyun sighed, “Fine. I admit it.”

 

All of a sudden, Jongdae pulled something from his pants, which caused a great amount of discomfort for all of the occupants on the bed, and handed it to his papa. It was a handmade card with the words ‘We hope you get better Papa’ slapped on the front. Inside the card, was a hand-drawn picture of what appeared to be their family. Towards the bottom, were the signatures of his husband and children. (Well, that is what Baekhyun assumed). He closed the card and rested it on his lap. “Thank you,” he spoke with a nasally voice. Baekhyun hugged his children closer with Chanyeol’s long arms around them. Maybe sick days aren’t that bad after all.

 

[“Chanyeol did you grab the right medicine? I need help! Minsoon has another fever, Jongdae is coughing again, and I think Yixing has a fever too. Can you check up on Yifan when you’re done?”

 

“It’s the one with the red -kaff! kaff!- cap right?”

 

“Not you too!”

 

“No!”

 

“I knew you guys should’ve never taken care of me!”]

 

A/N:

 

Another update done! I based this off of my real life. Don't forget to request!

 

Tootles!