final

Wednesday

Kwon Soonyoung is the main choreographer in Pledis Entertainment who resorts to taking the bus home every Wednesday night. He himself didn’t know why, but being the hard worker he is, he stays after regular hours in order to practice and to hone his skills into something better.

 

After getting his daily cup of coffee from the café on the way to his workplace, he stepped into the cold, winter morning. The cold wind attacked him, seeping through his sweater, goosebumps appearing all over his arms. His hands slowly grew numb as he fiddled with his phone, scrolling through the long list of songs, trying to find the best one to continue his short journey to his company, leaving footprints in the white, untouched sheet of snow.

 

He let out a sigh, breath visible in the air as the sound of piano started playing causing the boy to relax slightly. He perked up, remembering that a new member was joining his... rather ordinary group of coworkers. As the building came into sight, the boy picked his pace up to a light jog, wanting to be in the warm, coziness of the building.

 

Pulling out his ID, he pushed through the gates and entered through the double doors, greeting the two boys at the front desk. Soonyoung didn’t know how the boy, Boo Seungkwan, was so energetic in the morning, but it probably had to do with the fact that Choi Hansol was situated right next to said boy.

 

He walked into the clean, checkered hallways and pressed for the elevator, slightly swaying his body as he let himself get immersed into the music. The sign blinked as the elevator doors opened, letting himself in. He pressed for the seventh floor, said button lit up as he did so, leaning onto the rails as he let out a particularly big yawn, causing his eyes to water.

 

The doors were closing, until a small boy rushed into the elevator face flushed and lavender hair slightly out of place, probably from the wind. The boy pushed a button, the number five lighting up, as he leaned onto the wall trying to catch his breath. As the elevator went up, more and more people filtered into the tight space, pushing the two boys closer together until they were cornered into the back.

 

Soonyoung didn’t have any intentions of leaning into the boy, but he was suddenly enveloped with how nice the boy smelled like.

 

He smelled like vanilla and cinnamon.

 

After everyone had gotten out the elevator, including the small boy, Soonyoung finally had the chance to breathe, as he entered his floor. He walked past the multiple rooms, different music blasting from each room as he made his way to his room, stopping at the door with a plate which said, “17-SAMVB.” He opened the door and greeted his team: Minghao, Junhui, and Chan, before putting down his bag as he made his way to stretch with the others who greeted him with cheerful smiles.

 

After practicing the choreography for the past seven hours, taking small breaks in between, the others retired as they went home, but Soonyoung stayed behind stating that he would try and finish up the last few parts of the choreography before he calls it a day.

 

As he started up the music again, he let himself feel the beat, the music, the emotion, and every time he would get up to the same point in the song, only to blank out. Feeling frustrated, he looked at his phone, it was already nine at night. Sighing, he put on his sweater that was discarded after the temperatures started rising, swinging his backpack onto his shoulders, took a rather large gulp of water, and made his way to the elevator.

 

He entered the elevator, knees almost buckling, fatigue spreading throughout his body, arms and legs weak. His mind barely registered the doors opening as the lavender haired boy from this morning walked into the elevator. It was silent except for the soft music playing in the background, the two boys standing on opposite sides of the elevator.As the doors opened, Soonyoung gestured for the boy to exit first. Saying a quick,

 

“Thanks,” the boy shuffled his way out and left quickly, Soonyoung taking note of how nice and gentle it sounded, although a little bit deep. He trudged his way out of the building, bidding the boys farewell as he walked into the night. He contemplated whether or not to walk home in the freezing cold or to catch the bus before deciding the latter was definitely the better idea.

 

Soonyoung neared the stop, noticing the small boy was already sitting on the bench, face illuminated by the street lamp. His heart jumped, warmth quickly spreading throughout his body as he was entranced by the way the other’s eyes shined, the way his tongue poked out to his chapped lips, and how his small figure was drowned by his overlarge sweater, sweater paws evident.

 

He walked over to the bench, sitting on the arm support as the bus approached. This time, the other had gestured for him to enter first, causing Soonyoung to let out a small chuckle, thanking the boy as he pulled himself up the stairs and scanning his bus card, sitting in the first spot he could find, missing the way the other boy’s ears turned a bright red. The boy his lips, before asking,

“Can I sit here?” the same melodious voice filtered through the haziness of Soonyoung’s mind, giving a small nod as he moved his backpack off the seat and onto the floor, laying his head back on the window. The boy sat down, both extremely aware of the little space between the two of them. Soonyoung glanced at the boy whose eyes were closed and feet which were tapping to the music he was listening to, taking in his features before realizing what he was doing.

 

As he went to take another glance, his eyes were met with honey brown eyes before both heads quickly faced the other way, faces growing red as they were both caught in the act.

 

As Soonyoung’s stop came up, the boy had also gotten up at the same time he did, both of them were slightly baffled at how much of a coincidence this was, before making their way down the steps. His forgotten fatigue quickly coming back to attack him as he almost slipped on the last step, another pair of hands steadying him. He straightened himself up before letting out an embarrassing laugh, scratching his head as he thanked the other, getting a small nod and a shy smile in return.

 

“Long day?” the other asked, trying to make small talk.

“Yeah”

 

The rest of the journey was silent, save for the fact that the other boy had to keep catching Soonyoung from falling flat on his face as he slipped on sleet and was barely able to keep his eyes open. The boy resulted to swinging Soonyoung’s arm over his shoulders, bodies close together, the freezing night became nothing but a chilly autumn day.

 

As they stopped in front of Soonyoung’s apartment door, he realized, where does this boy live? He voiced the question out loud, the latter’s face flushed as he pointed to the door that was conveniently right next to his. formed an ‘O’ as he nodded, dumbfounded. He opened the door to his apartment and the boy suddenly spoke out,

 

“My name is Lee Jihoon,”

giving a shy smile, eyes fixated at his feet. Soonyoung returned the smile with his big toothy smile,

“Kwon Soonyoung.” As Soonyoung entered his apartment, he quickly took off his shoes before trudging into his bedroom, falling face first into his bed, not bothering to take a shower or change out of his clothes. He let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in,

 

He could get used to Wednesdays.