2007

Every Christmas

Subsequently, every single year, I would see her during Christmas but after that incident in 1999 we never interacted. But at least, I figured that her name is Jang Eun Ha and she is my butler's daughter. Oh... and big bully Park is actually my chauffeur's son. They seem to hang out every year during the Christmas party. Most of the time I'm just sitting in a corner, eating, reading, or forced by my parents to socialise with other kids from our business partners' or shareholders' families. Whereas Jang Eun Ha and Park Chan Yeol would be hanging out with kids from the servants' families.
In 2007, I entered high school. At the age of 15, there are already some people trying to get to know me because of my wealth. I was rather popular in school and although I wasn't the strongest nor the most muscular, kids daren't bully me because of the biased school system. My dad was a member of the school commitee and funded the school for many large events and even catered food. Everyone knew me in school and many girls were trying to know me. I have to admit, at that time, the immature me dated several girls at the age of 15.
That year, Jang Eun Ha and Park Chan Yeol enrolled in the same school as I did. I supposed it was due to my sentimental dad. Dad probably helped to get them into the school because Uncle Park and Uncle Jung were such devoted staffs in my household.
That year, my popularity in school changed me. I became prideful and I broke the hearts of many girls. My relationships never lasted and guys hated me. I never had a true close friend and my results slowly deteriorated. But because of my dad, I still managed to stay in the top class. And in that class, there was a girl in the student council execuetive commitee. She wasn't rich but she was smart and charming and I knew she was different. She was Jang Eun Ha. She hung out with Park Chan Yeol everyday, even when he was in the last class and he often hung out with a bunch of rebellious kids.
That Christmas in 2007, the day I've waited for for 8 years. Jang Eun Ha actually talking to me. Well... not for the best thing, but JANG EUN HA SPOKE TO ME.
So that 25 December in 2007, 15 year old me was on my new Blackberry phone texting this popular girl called Bae Joo Hyun from the opposite class, as this girl approached me with a plate full of food in her hand. "Hey rich kid! I know youl!" she said. I smiled as I stood from my seat. "I know you too, Jang Eun Ha. You're the little nerd from school!" the words escaped my mouth before I could regret. "Sorry? Little nerd? Aren't you the one that played with Jiyeon's heart?! I thought you were just a player didn't know that you don't even have manners." She stormed off. I was left dumbfounded. Well... a little lovestruck I guess. I don't know. She looked pretty even when she was pissed. She was one pretty little nerd.